4.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Do saves from older versions work? Haven't played since 1.3.3 and wouldn't want to grind for skills again
You should be able to use the old unlock data, but it may take a little bit of fiddling. It's discussed more earlier in the thread, but basically, saves are tied to the steam profile, so if the crack used on later version points to a different steam profile to what the earlier crack did, you may need to change the steam ID on [the crack or the save, I forget which]. I don't think there's been any patches that mess with saves otherwise - not had a problem with the legit version. Could back them up if worried I guess.

dsdrsd

Apr 6, 2018
OEJ Can you add it to front page?
Save with MAX lvl and all scenes for Ver 1.5.1+ of my making.
It took me around 20 hours and I believe that most people just want the whole gallery, so here it is.
Manual:
PlayState_Goldberg
Extract to C: > Users > %Name of your profile > AppData > LocalLow > Flametorch > LastEvil. Just replace the existing "PlayState_Goldberg" with my save file.
User_steam_id
Extract to C: > Users > %Name of your profile > AppData > Roaming > Goldberg SteamEmu Saves > settings. replace "user_steam_id" with my file.

You need to do both for it to work, thanks to teewee for the information OEJ it is now completely correct, thx for putting my save on front page.
Welcome
This Goldberg SteamEmu saves file doesnt exist for me I have the paid version off steam where can i find the steam Id file

GreenAngel333

Mar 10, 2018
This Goldberg SteamEmu saves file doesnt exist for me I have the paid version off steam where can i find the steam Id file
I don't have steam so I can't help you. Beggarman mentioned in one post that my save may not work on original game, I wasn't expecting it to work with it. In theory, if you have steam version of the game, that means you can't use emulated steam ID, as you have your original one, that will overwrite emulated steam ID. You need to crack your game in order to use my cracked game save.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I'm not able to test if this'll work on other accounts, but I have attached my PlayState.data file just in case it does. I suggest backing-up your existing file before copying, if you have any unlocks on it. It's not 100% complete, but the only things left are loss scenes for first-level enemies (Bandits - 1, 2, 3; Tunnel Worms - 1, 2; Basic Slime; Greater Slime; Bandit Chief (dog alive/dead variants)) and the "2 Lesser Demons" loss scene (which I spent ages grinding to get back to and swear doesn't spawn anymore, but the scene still comes up in my gallery and the win scene is still there).

In short: Save structure appears to have changed in 1.6.2 (May 1st update). The name-saving structure went from PlayState_[steam name here].data to just PlayState.data. The game appears to be able to pull completion data from both, but stopped saving to the file with the steam name in it on May 1st. This might mean it no longer cares about your steam profile, but I'm not certain. It didn't pull completion info from my completed Goldberg save, nor did renaming the Goldberg one to just PlayState.data work. Unfortunately, I didn't see any obvious ways to change steam ID's or anything - the data files are in hex and I have no idea how to put that into a human-usable format, and it's pretty much the same with the registry.

As an aside - I think I found a bug with steam cloud (it seems to be backing up the outdated Playstate_[steam name here].data file rather than the up-to-date PlayState.data one) but need to test on a different machine.

Sugaha

Aug 15, 2019
The game is fantastic! The only problem is when i go in an area where i have to choose from a dialoge it doesn't do anything. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
The game is fantastic! The only problem is when i go in an area where i have to choose from a dialoge it doesn't do anything. Is there a way to solve this problem?
Is your system language hungarian?

If yes, that's what the dev said:
I heard that changing the system coding of the system language to English can be game played.

atlime

Aug 4, 2018
This game is pretty epic.
Though I wish you could speed up the temptation animation and fighting animation.
And also have a higher level cap to be able to have more character passives.

Reactions: Artix0

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
This game is pretty epic.
Though I wish you could speed up the temptation animation and fighting animation.
And also have a higher level cap to be able to have more character passives.
I feel the same about the speed of the animations.

As for the character passives, i think the game is easy enough. In addition to that, the limitation forces you to make choices that will help with different decks. I think it is fine as it is.
What i don't like is, that after you got all 15 talent points, there is no XP-progression anymore. It would be nice if there were something else you could do with those XP.

Reactions: Artix0

atlime

Aug 4, 2018
What i don't like is, that after you got all 15 talent points, there is no XP-progression anymore. It would be nice if there were something else you could do with those XP.
Perhaps basic stat upgrades or initial spell card upgrades when after the 15 talent points?
It'd help with breezing through the initial floor in the future or let you start in 2nd floor.
As for the 15 talent points, I mean, I'd rather have 2 full trees of talents picked, and not enough to even take 1 talent in the 3rd tree.
Right not i can reach 2 end talents but skimming a lot of good things along the way.
20 points perhaps?

Also... that spell that does 1 dmg per spell card used + goblin veteran with berserk buff? Very ouch...

Last edited:

Bryocke

Feb 21, 2019
I hope nothing bad happened to Flametorch. He's not been around the steam forums for almost two weeks and he was pretty involved with the community.
Really hoping he didn't caught the corono or something.

GreenAngel333

Mar 10, 2018
Somehow he really disappeared. 2.0 promised in the twentieth of March
If wait time means quality, then it is alright with me. Cheer mate, the game is already great and it will only get longer and better, so let's give creator some breathing room *(maybe the coronavirus or something else is somehow hindering his work, because he may need to care for someone or whatever.). Let's just hope that it won't die before final version.

Reactions: Beggarman

warbandit

Jun 11, 2018
Where did you get 20th of march from? Steam's last post was on the 11th of this month and the creator just said they hoped to be able to deliver it at the end of this month as testing it was taking longer than expected.
Just by that it's already implied that there's a chance it won't be done by the end of the month, so it's a bit early to start freaking out.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
2.0 is out. Starting work on an updated scene guide today. Looks like there's about another 20 new animations, plus some scene pictures and maybe epilogue stuff.

IF YOU GET THE "OVERLOADED" EVENT ON THE THIRD FLOOR, DO NOT CLICK "FORGET RANDOM SPELL". It does not exit out of the event and will delete cards until you only have one left, then lock up. Expect that to be patched fast-ish though - check any patch notes if a patch comes out.

EDIT: OK, got to the final battle... hmm. Without spoilers - I'm not sure how to beat that. That's fucking bonkers hard. With spoilers: You immediately get hit with a status that ENTIRELY nullifies shields for the end boss, so all their attacks hit your health straight away. He also has a 50HP cap on the amount of damage you can do to him per turn and 400HP IIRC, so a minimum of 8 turns to kill him. Also spawns minions, which can buy him an extra turn or two on damage. Need to go in with a decent health pool and lean heavy on the debuff cards, it looks like

EDIT 2: (man why do I do so many edited posts in this thread?) Different thought below. Super-spoily though. Do not click unless you've played up to the boss.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And an additional tip: Bleed-focused decks look like they're going to suffer on the third floor. Some enemies just flat-out don't bleed, and some others have huge attacks that only go down with straight damage to them. Looks like going for power-builds with small decks is the most "meta" selection to me now.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 57 Votes