KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
Does anyone knows where this scene is? Not like I have to see it, but it's in every version of this game and I just want to know where is it. I just want to discover every scene and this one drives me crazy.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Does anyone knows where this scene is? Not like I have to see it, but it's in every version of this game and I just want to know where is it. I just want to discover every scene and this one drives me crazy.
That's the second demon boss corruption scene IIRC. So lose to the demon boss and then give her some recovered girls.

rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
Yeah, the game is really just a bare bones excuse to see the art. I've said it before that if seems like it should be a motion comic going through the various art and scenes with a basic story to tie them together. The rpgmaker combat is basically pointless in this and having any real story would be a major boon.
I would have agreed with you 100% when he first released this, but it's gotten progressively better since.

The most recent build on his subscribestar has a lot of new content, and while much of it is still "just an excuse to be an artwork placeholder," it's come a hell of a long way. He's taking it in a different direction than the advance version, and even though combats are still long and repetitive, I can finally see what he's trying to accomplish with the addition of the body parts/party members.

It's far from a perfect game yet. More of a fleshed out tech demo, but most of the world is functional now, the English is much improved, and he's done several passes on the art. Seems like it's just waiting on him to flesh out his ideas for combat.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I would have agreed with you 100% when he first released this, but it's gotten progressively better since.

The most recent build on his subscribestar has a lot of new content, and while much of it is still "just an excuse to be an artwork placeholder," it's come a hell of a long way. He's taking it in a different direction than the advance version, and even though combats are still long and repetitive, I can finally see what he's trying to accomplish with the addition of the body parts/party members.

It's far from a perfect game yet. More of a fleshed out tech demo, but most of the world is functional now, the English is much improved, and he's done several passes on the art. Seems like it's just waiting on him to flesh out his ideas for combat.
Yeah, it's become far more of a game than the original version and early versions of the remake. And the art has gotten better over the passes.

Unfortunately there's still no story what so ever, which is the main reason I don't like it as a game. And there's never been any real hint of a story to the game besides the "girl gets corrupted into being a sex monster". It's possible that there will be a story added or a more interesting battle sex corruption system put in there, but there's no feeling of any real affect from the various corruption acts in the game. You just heal your HP and visit the town healer to remove corruption effects, and nothing else.

Kurenkisho Quolta Amadeus is a great example of having at least some story, with consequences to the various corruption effects that hit the main character. Not saying that I expect zxc to be able to have a story implemented instantly, but there's been effectively no story in any of the game / demos they've released so I personally would need to see something to make the game really worth more than an image archive look through. I'd love to see something more there, but there's been absolutely no sign of it yet.

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018

Progressive is a very subjective term here.

ZXC's biggest Achilles heel is that he himself is not a very good rpg programmer and designer. And his games reflects on this, rather than it being a game with a distinct goal and objective to accomplish it plays more like a visual novel but with all the bugs and complexities of a J-RPG which is not good. It's at best a glorified gimicky CG hunter type game with the lag boot.

ZXC could have done a lot more if he just find someone who know how to make a RPG, partner up with him and just busy himself with the art.

It has devolved to the point where people are just downloading the game and going straight for the img folder.

rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
Unfortunately there's still no story what so ever, which is the main reason I don't like it as a game. And there's never been any real hint of a story to the game besides the "girl gets corrupted into being a sex monster". It's possible that there will be a story added or a more interesting battle sex corruption system put in there, but there's no feeling of any real affect from the various corruption acts in the game. You just heal your HP and visit the town healer to remove corruption effects, and nothing else.
I get the impression he's using RPG maker even though he'd prefer it to play more like an ARPG where you'd strike things in the field rather than enter a battle phase. Akin to a top-down Zelda installment. Those types of games have traditionally been light on story elements too. Now it's just speculation on my part, but at least that type of a change would solve the pacing issues some and let him focus on other elements more. Kind of doubt he's going to take the game in that direction due to the limitations of the platform he's using and his current focus on combat.

Lasting effects in the world.. well.. there are plenty of ways you can affect the world, as I'm sure you know. Most of them are just ported from the original, after all. It seems he's been avoiding locking the player into permanent choices so that they can experience everything without having to invest in multiple play throughs.

As you say, it would add to the game if you had more long-lasting effects from corruption, such as debuffs from being corrupted in combat, or just being defeated altogether. But that just slaps on an artificial level of difficulty, and not everyone wants to slog through an even slower paced combat just because Raven's less effective. That being said, I'm a fan of games such as Signal Forces, and their particular approach to combat, but let's be real here.. the current state of combat in Latex Dungeon already takes way too long. That's even if you've dumped all your points in matk and can 1-shot everything. In that respect, I see the merit in having someone who can restore you. Sure, it breaks immersion and that may be your thing, but no one's twisting your arm to use her either.
Progressive is a very subjective term here.

ZXC's biggest Achilles heel is that he himself is not a very good rpg programmer and designer. And his games reflects on this, rather than it being a game with a distinct goal and objective to accomplish it plays more like a visual novel but with all the bugs and complexities of a J-RPG which is not good. It's at best a glorified gimicky CG hunter type game with the lag boot.

ZXC could have done a lot more if he just find someone who know how to make a RPG, partner up with him and just busy himself with the art.

It has devolved to the point where people are just downloading the game and going straight for the img folder.
Okay, I agree with you here that he's not the best programmer these forums have seen, but I can't even understand why you're taking issue with my post when all it said was that there has been positive change in the game (fact), and that I feel like I better understand the direction he's trying to move the game in based on the most recent build (opinion). I really hope that we're not going to get into the semantics of what defines positive change, because I'm only referring to it as growth/new content, and not opinion-riddled "This change was for the better" arguments.

Based on your reply, I guess that maybe you're expecting this game to be a full on JRPG because its using RPG maker, but we're currently on a site which has dozens of games which use RPG maker as a platform to deliver what is essentially a visual novel. The idea that this can happen should, at the very least, not surprise you.

I don't want to play a walking simulator either, but its not like the maps he creates in RPGM are completely soulless and devoid of any inspiration. Maybe you just don't have a thing for pixel animation like some do. With the most recent build, XZC has some ideas in the rough stage which don't happen to be much like anything else I've seen around here. It just remains to be seen what he develops from them. As I said, it's still currently more of a tech demo than a game. But there's no need to dump on him just because it doesn't meet your expectations of what his game should be like.

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
Okay, I agree with you here that he's not the best programmer these forums have seen, but I can't even understand why you're taking issue with my post when all it said was that there has been positive change in the game (fact), and that I feel like I better understand the direction he's trying to move the game in based on the most recent build (opinion). I really hope that we're not going to get into the semantics of what defines positive change, because I'm only referring to it as growth/new content, and not opinion-riddled "This change was for the better" arguments.

Based on your reply, I guess that maybe you're expecting this game to be a full on JRPG because its using RPG maker, but we're currently on a site which has dozens of games which use RPG maker as a platform to deliver what is essentially a visual novel. The idea that this can happen should, at the very least, not surprise you.

I don't want to play a walking simulator either, but its not like the maps he creates in RPGM are completely soulless and devoid of any inspiration. Maybe you just don't have a thing for pixel animation like some do. With the most recent build, XZC has some ideas in the rough stage which don't happen to be much like anything else I've seen around here. It just remains to be seen what he develops from them. As I said, it's still currently more of a tech demo than a game. But there's no need to dump on him just because it doesn't meet your expectations of what his game should be like.
Ok first off, lay off putting words in my mouth about me expecting this game to be a JRPG when I never said that it was.

Even if it was not, I am pretty fine with a game being visual novel esque with pixel arts as long as they play to their respective strengths. Latex Dungeon however is not one of these. In fact it combines the worst of both genre in my observation as :

1) It has a very linear play style (no multiple endings, one straight route with no option of which level to tackle first and in what order, etc, etc) ie "visual novel style"

2) It combines this play style with the complexities of a traditional RPG (grinding, item management, moveset managements and now with the new partner system). ie: "JRPG style". But with little depth as there is not much you can do with items other then using them to corrupt other girls or trade in for CG scenes like the number of girls rescued.

Latex Dungeon right now is a game that is unsure of what it wants to be, which is its biggest fault. And saying that "its just a tech demonstrator" neglects the fact that ZXC had worked on a earlier format of the game with almost the exact same flavours as the current one but with different engines if I am not mistaken (and worse in its execution due to no real ending), and with similar CG art styles which save tremendous time. That excuse runs pretty thin when used twice in a row.

And on the part of ragging ZXC, I will say that he is perhaps one of the better H artist out there in this genre, perhaps one of the best. But that does not excuse the rest of the game which honestly is meh at best. If he just get a programmer with a modicum of game development experience this game would have been something else entirely.

I myself was pretty hyped when I first picked up this game, but the magic wears out pretty quick afterwards. I did have been happier if ZXC had let this game end and start on a new project. But if ZXC insist on working on this, then issues that were prevalent in the earlier versions should not have reappear in this game as well.

Last edited:

rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
Ok first off, lay off putting words in my mouth about me expecting this game to be a JRPG when I never said that it was.
All I did was make an assumption based on certain things which you said up to that point, and I clearly indicated it was such. I offer no apologies for my word choice as it was intended.
Based on your reply, I guess that maybe you're expecting this game to be..
You're welcome to feel however you want to feel about the game. We can agree to disagree on several points. Just keep in mind that you started our conversation by quoting me, so the proof of burden in your own points being unclear is on you. In the future, if you clarify your position earlier, others might not be forced to work off of assumptions, and you'll have less opportunities to get agitated. Thanks. :)

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
All I did was make an assumption based on certain things which you said up to that point, and I clearly indicated it was such. I offer no apologies for my word choice as it was intended.

You're welcome to feel however you want to feel about the game. We can agree to disagree on several points. Just keep in mind that you started our conversation by quoting me, so the proof of burden in your own points being unclear is on you. In the future, if you clarify your position earlier, others might not be forced to work off of assumptions, and you'll have less opportunities to get agitated. Thanks. :)
I would advise you in return to address the points of my contention rather than the tone of my argument.

D

Deleted member 3035137

Has anyone tried to play this game on joi play and does it work for them?

D

Deleted member 3035137

And is there a way to play this game on mobile other than joi play?

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes