VN Ren'Py Abandoned Laws of Love [v0.1] [TaleWizz]

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
You're expecting a community that can't even decide what NTR actually is to act maturely toward plagiarism? Sure thing.
I know as a DEV yourself, you would be more inclined to punish this DEV. The difficulties in creating a game are more than most newbies figured on. The Abandoned section attests to that. I'm taking responsibility for him because from talking to him, I think he will do the right thing. I hope that if you find yourself needing a second chance, someone will be there to help.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I know as a DEV yourself, you would be more inclined to punish this DEV. The difficulties in creating a game are more than most newbies figured on. The Abandoned section attests to that. I'm taking responsibility for him because from talking to him, I think he will do the right thing. I hope that if you find yourself needing a second chance, someone will be there to help.
Well, sure. But at this point, he'd almost be better off canning the entire project (renders and all) and starting over. Second chances are meaningless if your credibility is destroyed. To that extent, it doesn't matter if I or anyone else gives him a second chance. He's gotta earn it, and with something like this attached, it's simply an uphill battle.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
- People that are complaining are not talking about copyright infringement or the legality of the situation. We are on a piracy forum. We are complaining about the morality of the situation. Piracy doesn't equate to lacking morality and doesn't strip us from human decency.
Well, put, my fellow human. This is a deep subject if you think about it. How moral can a pirate claim to be?
This is not a Robin Hood situation. In this case, Talewizz quickly asked what can I do to make this right and proceeded to that. To me, that earned him a second chance. It's now up to him to prove himself. I take full responsibility here if he fails.

MissFortune
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-copyright-rules.164590/post-11057884
But that would require either Daz or the vendor to actively contact a developer personally, hope they respond, and ask for proof of purchase/the license with a date that predates the time of contact by the vendor. Neither have the time or manpower to hunt every user to see if they're a pirate or not.

Miss Fortune, you are essentially saying it's ok to use these assets because the likelihood of being caught is low.
At least, that's my take.
If you were caught, wouldn't you want to make amends? Your rep would be tarnished, and you have to rebuild it. I know this is not exactly the same, but on the moral high ground, it is. I just asking for the time Telewizz needs to prove himself without having to be reminded of his mistake.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
This isn't a parody, though, nor does it fall under fair use. This is line-for-line plagiarism with no attempt at crediting the original artists or writers. Two very different things.
It's just as much a parody as any game that copypastes an anime story and adds sex....

Cause this one copypasted some mobile game... and added sex :KEK:

Also... you on a pirate forum... ditch the moral high ground.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, My fellow AVN enthusiasts and all-around deviants. :giggle:
The saga continues here as what I call the LoL scandal. It's been a lively and hotly debated topic, I must say :cool:
With point and counterpoint being lobbed back and forth like water balloons on the 4th of July.
We all got a little wet in the fray... :sneaky: (not that kind of wet). :cool: All valid points from many points of experienced or perceived injustices or prior instances where a similar event happened, but the outcome was satisfactory to all.
That being said, at this point, we are in a kind of limbo. The time between asking for forgiveness and proving your worth in receiving it.

I thank the members who didn't call for a lynching.
This site is great but also has its share of (fill in the blank :poop: members.) Becoming part of the mob means losing part of yourself. Mobs don't promote reasoning as a rule.

PS: I did say the game should be deleted at first, but then I gave myself time to understand both sides.
Boy, I talk too much. :rolleyes:

Stay deviant, my friends. (just here, not in the real world;))

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
@MissFortune
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-copyright-rules.164590/post-11057884
But that would require either Daz or the vendor to actively contact a developer personally, hope they respond, and ask for proof of purchase/the license with a date that predates the time of contact by the vendor. Neither have the time or manpower to hunt every user to see if they're a pirate or not.

Miss Fortune, you are essentially saying it's ok to use these assets because the likelihood of being caught is low.
At least, that's my take.
If you were caught, wouldn't you want to make amends? Your rep would be tarnished, and you have to rebuild it. I know this is not exactly the same, but on the moral high ground, it is. I just asking for the time Telewizz needs to prove himself without having to be reminded of his mistake.
That is some. . .selective word-twisting.

1) I never said it was 'okay' to pirate anything, or steal anything. Funny you pull that up when there's at least several posts of me saying you should support the vendors you're getting the assets from. All I said was what Daz/PA would have to do to find out if an asset was pirated or not, and the manpower/time needed to do that effectively. Nothing more, nothing less. Where did I say it was okay to pirate based on that alone?

2) Thing is, I don't have to worry about that. I have the receipts, and the peace of mind that come with them. That's, again, a weird conclusion to come to based on the quoted despite me never saying anything enabling piracy.

Despite many here trying to justify it by saying they're on a piracy forum, nobody's claiming that the game or movie they pirated was made/written/etc. by them. Nobody's pirating a Daz, Unreal, or Unity asset and claiming they made it. Talewizz copied an entire script, sans a sex scene, packaged it into another medium, and claimed it was his own writing and original story. That's not a moral high ground, those are just facts. If you want to defend him, cool, your prerogative. But don't twist the reality of a situation to fit that.

It's just as much a parody as any game that copypastes an anime story and adds sex....

Cause this one copypasted some mobile game... and added sex :KEK:

Also... you on a pirate forum... ditch the moral high ground.
Word for word? No? Thought so.

What does a piracy forum have to do with anything? If pirating games, do you claim that you made them? No. And even then, he was monetizing said work on Patreon. How long before he was selling someone else's work on Steam? Sorry, but being on a piracy forum doesn't make copy-pasting someone else's work and claiming it as your own.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

1) I never said it was 'okay' to pirate anything, or steal anything. Funny you pull that up when there's at least several posts of me saying you should support the vendors you're getting the assets from. All I said was what Daz/PA would have to do to find out if an asset was pirated or not, and the manpower/time needed to do that effectively. Nothing more, nothing less. Where did I say it was okay to pirate based on that alone?

2) Thing is, I don't have to worry about that. I have the receipts, and the peace of mind that come with them. That's, again, a weird conclusion to come to based on the quoted despite me never saying anything enabling piracy.

Despite many here trying to justify it by saying they're on a piracy forum, nobody's claiming that the game or movie they pirated was made/written/etc. by them. Nobody's pirating a Daz, Unreal, or Unity asset and claiming they made it. Talewizz copied an entire script, sans a sex scene, packaged it into another medium, and claimed it was his own writing and original story. That's not a moral high ground, those are just facts. If you want to defend him, cool, your prerogative. But don't twist the reality of a situation to fit that.

What does a piracy forum have to do with anything? If pirating games, do you claim that you made them? No. And even then, he was monetizing said work on Patreon. How long before he was selling someone else's work on Steam? Sorry, but being on a piracy forum doesn't make copy-pasting someone else's work and claiming it as your own.
Piracy = Stealing intellectual property.
Copy-pasting someone elses work = Stealing intellectual property.

Chill with the cognitive dissonance, we ain't any better :KEK:

And the latter actually requires some effort.... and unlike us, they added to it. but sure, keep justifying your textual abuse of the dev just trying to make something for people to enjoy.

While we steal for our own hedonistic pleasure.

Gabbagul

Jul 12, 2021
Whataboutism is a logical fallacy. Plagiarism is scummy behavior and should not be ignored with complacency or rewarded monetarily. Saying "Yeah, but what about what this person did over here?" does diddly squat to mitigate what this person is doing right here. It's just using deflection as a belaying tactic. Second chances are great. Internet moral outrage on a piracy site is dodgy many times, and other times completely justified, no matter what 86 other unique situations called for. And plagiarism sucks. Do better if you want Patreon money, dev.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Whataboutism is a logical fallacy. Plagiarism is scummy behavior and should not be ignored with complacency or rewarded monetarily. Saying "Yeah, but what about what this person did over here?" does diddly squat to mitigate what this person is doing right here. It's just using deflection as a belaying tactic. Second chances are great. Internet moral outrage on a piracy site is dodgy many times, and other times completely justified, no matter what 86 other unique situations called for. And plagiarism sucks. Do better if you want Patreon money, dev.
whining on a "piracy" forum, i just can't :ROFLMAO:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
What does a piracy forum have to do with anything?
:oops: You can't be serious. In this case, it is everything.

When I talked to Telewizz, he had forgotten about F95 and was not a member, so that means someone took the game from another site and put it up here. The owner/owners of F95 do not do this for fun. They make money here. Where is the difference between what he did and F95?

We all are complicit in aiding and abetting F95. A lot of good has come from this site, but F95 still is your black sheep uncle supplying you with those cool bike parts you want. But you don't ask where he got them from. You just say thanks Uncle you're the coolest. (That is an analogy it did not happen IRL):cool:

I have an idea. Let's all stop using this site and ask the powers that be to punish F95. :ROFLMAO:

Gabbagul

Jul 12, 2021
Speaking of cognitive dissonance, what's it like comparing us downloading games for our own personal entertainment (and many of us also monetarily contributing to some of them), to someone ganking someone else's script and trying to get money out of people for it? Are you seriously trying to equate the two? Cute narrative. It'd be like me downloading a game from here and uploading it somewhere else with some images tagged in and charging for it. That would be an apt comparison.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Speaking of cognitive dissonance, what's it like comparing us downloading games for our own personal entertainment (and many of us also monetarily contributing to some of them), to someone ganking someone else's script and trying to get money out of people for it? Are you seriously trying to equate the two? Cute narrative. It'd be like me downloading a game from here and uploading it somewhere else with some images tagged in and charging for it. That would be an apt comparison.
be my guest go on do it, i dont care.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021

People here literally breaking laws and stealing shit, and getting mad about someone else using a script. The guy broke zero laws, in any country and depending on where he is from they might not even consider it morally wrong to use someone else’s words if you change it… and Pixelberry, the actually “aggrieved” party has literally stole whole ebook for their games. Like word-for-word. This guy took the start or a story and added new images and new scenes. Miss me with this non-sense.

Bullying someone who didn’t even break the law while literally breaking the law. It’s like someone in Colorado who does meth getting mad that his neighbor is growing weed in his backyard…

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Well, anyone can say I told you so. I guess I was naive in thinking Telewizz wanted to fix the problem.
He's closed all his accounts. So I guess he won't be coming back here. Frankly, I don't know why he even bothered to post that one comment.
Live and learn. :( C'est la vie

I did do a corrected script. (it was a fucking mess) If anyone is interested.

The script is kind of buried in the game folder, so not sure how to tell you how the load it.
Have fun...:cry:

Damn, you good intentions! :ROFLMAO:

Average Lurker
JoeTheMC84
bobdillan
MissFortune
Before I Forget

MoonBox

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr. Average
1.00 star(s) 2 Votes