VN Ren'Py League of Miles [v1.0] [49th Universe]

49thuniverse

Aug 24, 2024
Even considering the graphics being "worse" than in the top rated games (faster to set up/render) I feel like that amount of content (in that time) would make you literally the most productive avn dev? I mean hell there is only 26k hours real time in 3 years I feel like the math on how much you have to produce per hour is pretty ridiculous. Even with that i will still check it out.
Thank you. We truly admire how many games have such high-quality visuals, but we plan to make up for that with storytelling. We know our limitations and what we can do with the skills we have. That’s why, if we can build a player base and get support, we hope to hire better artists in the future. And yes, we’re a team that has a lot of fun while working on this. We’re working every waking moment.

49thuniverse

Aug 24, 2024
That's... very ambitious. Hope you have a lot of it outlined ahead of time.

And I guess 15 years will give you a lot of time to fine tune your renders.

Best of luck.
Its actually, 15 years refer to the in-game timeline. We are telling a story that spans 15 years :) And yes, hope we could get there :)

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Im someone who can get over an "art style" pretty easily but on top of the characters "looking weird" (mostly in faces), they are "posed" in what I assume is the default position of just A posing (hands to side without touching their sides) with hands open fingers spread out way too often, or if they are sitting or something they are almost always facing directly ahead or if they arent they still arent looking "correctly", you also have an issue of characters "holding things" but they are really just floating on their palm.

You can see every single one of these issues in the previews A posing in the 6th one (makes more sense in context there though), people "not looking in the right direction" in both the 3rd and 7th, and the thing with the hands in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 7th......

The story felt a bit expository but that is not a shock considering you are introducing as many characters as you are, as it stands now I dont think anybody who focuses on graphics will be able to play this and even people like me who claim to be story first might still have a hard time because 99% of the renders feel "wrong" or "uncanny" or just clearly arent the "norm" anymore. That being said the animations I saw were pretty smooth considering the rest of the graphics.

Reactions: 49thuniverse

49thuniverse

Aug 24, 2024
Im someone who can get over an "art style" pretty easily but on top of the characters "looking weird" (mostly in faces), they are "posed" in what I assume is the default position of just A posing (hands to side without touching their sides) with hands open fingers spread out way too often, or if they are sitting or something they are almost always facing directly ahead or if they arent they still arent looking "correctly", you also have an issue of characters "holding things" but they are really just floating on their palm.

You can see every single one of these issues in the previews A posing in the 6th one (makes more sense in context there though), people "not looking in the right direction" in both the 3rd and 7th, and the thing with the hands in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 7th......

The story felt a bit expository but that is not a shock considering you are introducing as many characters as you are, as it stands now I dont think anybody who focuses on graphics will be able to play this and even people like me who claim to be story first might still have a hard time because 99% of the renders feel "wrong" or "uncanny" or just clearly arent the "norm" anymore. That being said the animations I saw were pretty smooth considering the rest of the graphics.

Thank you for this great feedback. We believe improvements comes from hearing such comments.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Thank you. We truly admire how many games have such high-quality visuals, but we plan to make up for that with storytelling. We know our limitations and what we can do with the skills we have. That’s why, if we can build a player base and get support, we hope to hire better artists in the future. And yes, we’re a team that has a lot of fun while working on this. We’re working every waking moment.
I'll give the release a shot, but saying now.. There are other games with in-game rendered visuals/models that are much better than this, and in your three year completion time frame those other games visuals will only get better.

Having a great story is just one component to a game. It's like if you have a great book, with a story of a lifetime in it, but the cover is torn off partially, pages are ripped and smudged by dirt, burn holes, a few pages missing, etc, all of that detrimentally impacts the story. Your visuals are already 3-5 years behind even the other moderately successful games that have game generated models (I could name the other games that come to mind but won't unless you ask).

You will only fall further and further down the list of games people flock to unless the models *dramatically* improve, but like 500% since you're already about 90% behind other major games with game generated models/graphics. Not trying to shit on your efforts, just stating the facts.

49thuniverse

Aug 24, 2024
I'll give the release a shot, but saying now.. There are other games with in-game rendered visuals/models that are much better than this, and in your three year completion time frame those other games visuals will only get better.

Having a great story is just one component to a game. It's like if you have a great book, with a story of a lifetime in it, but the cover is torn off partially, pages are ripped and smudged by dirt, burn holes, a few pages missing, etc, all of that detrimentally impacts the story. Your visuals are already 3-5 years behind even the other moderately successful games that have game generated models (I could name the other games that come to mind but won't unless you ask).

You will only fall further and further down the list of games people flock to unless the models *dramatically* improve, but like 500% since you're already about 90% behind other major games with game generated models/graphics. Not trying to shit on your efforts, just stating the facts.

Thank you for your comment, we are absolutely aware of this reality. Our goal is not to create the most realistic or stunning models and visuals—we know there are already outstanding works out there that we can't compete with in this area. Our aim is to make a game that is unique and improved in its own way.

The reason we started this project was because we didn’t initially see those amazing graphically detailed games. We were more inspired by games with visuals similar to ours. Otherwise, we know some games have character models that are on par with AAA titles, and if those were the first games we encountered in this industry, we probably wouldn't have started this project at all.

Of course, it's impossible to satisfy everyone’s tastes, but we will do our best. Some will definitely not be satisfied, while others may enjoy it.

Antiker

Mar 3, 2023
I love big and comprehensive games when a good story and good graphics make the game worth playing over a long period of time.
Fully agreeing with Simpgor's post #26 and Ozygator's #28, I am sure that many players, despite a good story,
will not last 500 hours with such * loveless * graphics.
I really hope that you will find ways and means to make your ambitious project * more loving * and make us players hungry and expectant for future updates.
Good luck with the realization.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played this yet (waiting on compressed), but from what I gleaned from the overview and preview pics and comments, this game would be better served as an HTML game.
Ozygator makes a good point about the visual side taking attention away from the story.
An HTML game would focus on the story and, if the story is good, build a player base.
I wish the dev success.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
LeagueOfMiles-1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Humhom Nunje

Dec 27, 2022
I think the graphics are a dealbreaker for the majority of the people, me included, and I've played my fair share of janky looking games because of an interesting story.

Relying on proven assets give the opportunity to reach a wider audience and focus on quality in terms of story, characters, and content.