L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I don't think Holly is an actual love interest, I think she's just there for Lexi's little side-fling. Yeah she has a gauge on the Contacts page, but with it being Chapter 5 out of 8, I don't think that she'll be actually romanceable.
I mean, unless the MC doesn't pick ANYONE in the first four chapters (when he's in bed at Lexi's house thinking about everyone) then MAYBE that could bring an opportunity with her later in the game? You're not going to dump whatever girl you're with to go after Holly.
OK, let's talk about Holly:
This is what I said in earlier post before the latest update...
It used to be that you had the option not to commit to one of the girls (giving you the opportunity to hook up with Holly instead). Unfortunately that got changed in the last update meaning that now you either have to cheat or get involved is some three-way to get with her (none of those which works for me). A pity really because I would have loved to play her on a solo as well, but I guess that's just me being greedy.
To answer the question about picking the last option in chapter 4...
GirlSelector2.png
... it simply loops you back to the previous six options (so you are forced to choose and commit to someone other than Holly). Now as I have already mentioned above, this means the only way to be with Holly (if indeed she is a proper LI) is to cheat on the one you already chose in CH4 (and made love to). Kind of a dick move don't you think?
Now here's what DriftyGames had to say in a patreon post:

Quote:
"As you may remember, Lexi and Holly won the threesome poll, and I've put a lot of work in planning the scene to make it fit the story as best possible, and also with Holly's reworked path. There are also some general rumors that Holly's route is the "cheat-route", which it isn't. Of course you will have to "re-choose" if she's your gal, but the whole re-work of her path is to avoid the whole cheat feeling - or generally accept for yourself that your first choice might not have been the right one and deal with the consequences of that."

Now I personally don't understand what Drifty meant by "Holly's reworked path" but as you can see, the above quote clearly contradicts the claim of cheating on your "chosen one" in CH4. So maybe DriftyGames can clear this up for us? (Or someone can PM him and share with us).

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
OK, let's talk about Holly:
This is what I said in earlier post before the latest update...

To answer the question about picking the last option in chapter 4...
View attachment 1180473
... it simply loops you back to the previous six options (so you are forced to choose and commit to someone other than Holly). Now as I have already mentioned above, this means the only way to be with Holly (if indeed she is a proper LI) is to cheat on the one you already chose in CH4 (and made love to). Kind of a dick move don't you think?
Now here's what DriftyGames had to say in a patreon post:

Quote:
"As you may remember, Lexi and Holly won the threesome poll, and I've put a lot of work in planning the scene to make it fit the story as best possible, and also with Holly's reworked path. There are also some general rumors that Holly's route is the "cheat-route", which it isn't. Of course you will have to "re-choose" if she's your gal, but the whole re-work of her path is to avoid the whole cheat feeling - or generally accept for yourself that your first choice might not have been the right one and deal with the consequences of that."

Now I personally don't understand what Drifty meant by "Holly's reworked path" but as you can see, the above quote clearly contradicts the claim of cheating on your "chosen one" in CH4. So maybe DriftyGames can clear this up for us? (Or someone can PM him and share with us).
It sounds to me that the plan is to make Holly available as a proper L.I., you just have to jump through some hoops to do so. Namely, that means telling the girl you initially picked, that you've had second thoughts and sadly she isn't the right one for you. It sucks because while we don't necessarily have to cheat, the second worst result means breaking the heart of the girl(s) you previously committed to. That's my impression of what he meant by dealing with the consequences if Holly is indeed the one you want. Either way, I'm happy and encouraged she is an option and plan on sadly leaving Lexi for her.

Reactions: L0MBR0

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
It sounds to me that the plan is to make Holly available as a proper L.I., you just have to jump through some hoops to do so. Namely, that means telling the girl you initially picked, that you've had second thoughts and sadly she isn't the right one for you. It sucks because while we don't necessarily have to cheat, the second worst result means breaking the heart of the girl(s) you previously committed to. That's my impression of what he meant by dealing with the consequences if Holly is indeed the one you want. Either way, I'm happy and encouraged she is an option and plan on sadly leaving Lexi for her.
That would be a REAL dick move to do though. I could not imagine doing anything like that, even to a video-game girl, ESPECIALLY to Cece. I wouldn't even want to think of her emotional fallout after that. I mean you invest your time, attention, and eventually love to a girl in the game just to basically throw her to the dogs for some sex-addict redhead who's looking to settle down. But isn't that giving her the idea of he's done it to one girl, maybe he'll do it to me?

Sounds like a DPC game or something, like loving Megan, then getting with Melissa, or worse, Rena.

Ugh. No fucking thank you. I'll keep Cece nice and snug in my MC's harms through thick and thin All you walking hard-ons out there enjoy the shit you're going to cause. :LOL:

Reactions: Thannatos3x6

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I don't think Holly is an actual love interest, I think she's just there for Lexi's little side-fling. Yeah she has a gauge on the Contacts page, but with it being Chapter 5 out of 8, I don't think that she'll be actually romanceable.

I mean, unless the MC doesn't pick ANYONE in the first four chapters (when he's in bed at Lexi's house thinking about everyone) then MAYBE that could bring an opportunity with her later in the game? You're not going to dump whatever girl you're with to go after Holly. That really wouldn't be right, at least in my opinion. Holly's cute yes, but her being Steph's best friend and all, that might be a little awkward down the line, you know?
Drifty mentioned some time ago that Holly would be a late game adder for romance options, though to be honest I think she will end up being either part of the Lexi line as a thruple option, or I could see a Steph thruple option with her. Holly is in some ways the most flat out straight up girl in the group. She is ready to settle down with a real life, whether that is solo with someone or thrupled, I think she will be a LI option.
Peace

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Just a couple of observations.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Appreciated about not ragging on me about the "h-thing" I guess day-after-day it really starts ragging on my brain that the one common word/theme throughout all of these VNs is that word. I actually got pissed when I heard there was a Holly/Lexi/MC threesome scene. I don't do the Lexi route but I guess that sort of thing is getting to be more bothersome too. I guess I'm just too old for the times (turned 46 last month) and too much of a hopeless romantic.

Even the scene with Cece being kissed by Kira (and Cece getting into it) pissed me off too to the point where when I replayed the game from the start for the Chapter 5 update, I turned away.

It's just not my speed. I don't mind it in NLT/Faerin stuff because that's what those games are like, but I guess I have to deal with it here. I'd rather not see it but devs are going to want to do what they want to do. I think that whole Lexi party for 1.5 episodes and the end of 5, with that kind of vibe, made everyone lose their inhibitions, and that's just not my thing.

I never though any character in ANY of these games was innocent but I guess I have a hard time seeing my specific LI (in this game's case Cece) actually do something like that. I think the most "innocent" LI I have in these games is Emily from Halfway House.

Anyway, I appreciate again for not combating me on the "h-thing" (not even saying the damn word anymore)
I'm with you on disliking harems. To me, harems almost always undercut my ability to connect with the various girls because it feels like their relationship with the MC doesn't change no matter how many other girls get involved. Just feels artificial, I guess, and so it knocks me out of the story. In fact last time the topic came up, I probably shot down Holy Bacchus' harem request a little more harshly than was necessary.

Since I still feel a bit guilty about that, and since Bacchus isn't around to defend his position, I will say this: Leap of Faith does seem to suffer from a lot of the problems of a harem game already. It's almost ridiculously easy for the girls to accept whatever decision the MC makes. No matter who the MC chooses the other girls are behind it 100%, even when the MC chooses to split up Robin and Kira.

I'm hopeful that the game will eventually flesh out their reactions to these decisions to make 'rejecting' a girl feel like an important part of her life. That's not to say it has to be a massive downer, but an acknowledgement that an alternative path has been closed would be welcome. It's particularly needed for Kira and Robin, who's relationship feels extremely trite at the moment.

Until we get that sort of thing, though, I will admit it is easy to see how the game could go the harem route instead.

I get it, to be honest it took me a while to warm up to Kira. Just not a fan of her choice in hair color and makeup, she looked way hotter back in her farmgirl days when she was more natural looking. Its because I preferred Robin over Kira that I didn't go on the sharing route with them.
Huh. I find modern Kira to be the most attractive girl in the game by wide margin, which is saying something. Not quite sure why, either, as her look isn't usually my thing. But she really makes it work. It's a shame her personality and backstory don't quite click with me.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
That would be a REAL dick move to do though. I could not imagine doing anything like that, even to a video-game girl, ESPECIALLY to Cece. I wouldn't even want to think of her emotional fallout after that. I mean you invest your time, attention, and eventually love to a girl in the game just to basically throw her to the dogs for some sex-addict redhead who's looking to settle down. But isn't that giving her the idea of he's done it to one girl, maybe he'll do it to me?

Sounds like a DPC game or something, like loving Megan, then getting with Melissa, or worse, Rena.

Ugh. No fucking thank you. I'll keep Cece nice and snug in my MC's harms through thick and thin All you walking hard-ons out there enjoy the shit you're going to cause. :LOL:
FYI, I never liked Megan, she was nice but overrated and while I preferred Melissa, Renna ultimately stole my heart (though her mom was quite the smokeshow herself, to bad she already had a boyfriend) so that was an easy choice to make.

Ok so she's a self-admitted sex-addict, that doesn't make her a bad person, it makes her flawed....just like literally every other girl in the game. That doesn't mean she's incapable of finding that special someone to settle down with, she intimated she's tired of her former pattern and is looking for something serious with the right person by her side. Clearly she was already intrigued when first introduced to the MC and after my MC answered her indecisively to who he was interested in, that should have opened the door to her route. After spending more time with him, she recognizes she's equally as attracted to him as her friends Steph and Lexi. Steph ruined her relationship with the MC (though I did make 1 PT with her getting back together with him just out of curiosity to see how that would play out) and Lexi, while in love, unfortunately is unable and unwilling to make ANY sacrifices, so far, to make sure she gives her new boyfriend the chance to make their relationship work. Long-distance relationships are bad enough, but adding to that the pressure of her being a huge celebrity and mega-popstar while our MC is just a regular guy doesn't bode well. Sure they may have a grace period/honeymoon stage of their relationship, but what's gonna happen 6mo. - 1 year after that? I give Holly credit for admitting her faults, wanting to change and until she gives me reason to doubt her, I'm willing to give her a chance.

P.S. I wouldn't do that to Cece given how emotionally fragile she is, that WOULD be a dick move to leave her in particular compared to anyone else. She's 100% liable to spiral out of control again. I don't think Robin/Kira would be that broken up about it, disappointed sure, but they still have each other, and Lexi still has her career that in the short-term really should be her focus and sole commitment. As for Linda, I already paired her up with Chris, she too missed her window of opportunity back when the 4 of them were all friends.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
...the MC chooses to split up Robin and Kira.

I'm hopeful that the game will eventually flesh out their reactions to these decisions to make 'rejecting' a girl feel like an important part of her life. That's not to say it has to be a massive downer, but an acknowledgement that an alternative path has been closed would be welcome. It's particularly needed for Kira and Robin, who's relationship feels extremely trite at the moment.

Until we get that sort of thing, though, I will admit it is easy to see how the game could go the harem route instead.

Huh. I find modern Kira to be the most attractive girl in the game by wide margin, which is saying something. Not quite sure why, either, as her look isn't usually my thing. But she really makes it work. It's a shame her personality and backstory don't quite click with me.
Seriously? Splitting up Robin and Kira is an option? I confess I did like Robin when we are first introduced to her. Shame on them both for not disclosing they were already together, it's kinda messed up even if they both were attracted to the MC and considered sharing him. When Robin was giving advice to the MC at the bowling alley about pursuing Kira, she could have mentioned in a subtle way, if you want to get anywhere with MY girlfriend, .....

I'm actually conflicted now as there was some chemistry present with Robin when the MC was hanging out with her, cheering her up, even if at the time she told him she wasn't looking for anything serious, just a FWB option, without disclosing already being in a relationship. I'm almost tempted to see how a solo path with just Robin would work. What's the branching path for just her?

As for Kira, I dunno, people just like who they like, and I prefer her earlier flashback look as opposed to her modern look, I can't stand the lipstick in particular, makes her look like a wannabee goth chick, the hair with streaks I can live with.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I am truly engaged to Cece's storyline, so far, she's the best girl. I also like Lexi's path a lot, not as much as Cece's, but she's great. It was hard to turn her down. Hard to choose as well. Still, I guess my mind is made up. I just hope this game doesn't have a tragic ending for Cece's storyline.

Reactions: maver!ck and VOYEUR

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020

Yes, I really like Holly but I'm on Steph's path and there's NFW I'm cheating on her to be with Holly. If option 7 was still a legit means to put you onto "Holly's reworked path" I would do a playthrough for that but sadly it's not the case ATM. So yeah, I'm confused AF concerning DriftyGames statement about it not being a "cheat-route" and would really appreciate an explanation.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Yeah, not going to lie I think I'm going to give this game a few updates before I play it again in hopes that a harem path gets put in somewhere down the line. I can't choose just 1 girl when the Dev keeps making amazing characters.

I mean, with the copious amount of routes he's putting in, why not put a harem route in there aswell?
If you want a single girl only route you take your pick of them, you can have a throuple with Kira and Robin, and then those who are extremely daring can try to get the one relationship to rule them all. xD

Last edited:

evetoyou

Jun 7, 2020
This game is good enough where I feel like I'd be fine purchasing this into my Steam library. Rare feat. Can't wait to see how this goes on! (I'm in Ch4 atm)

Reactions: VOYEUR

YRS™

May 30, 2020
This game is good enough where I feel like I'd be fine purchasing this into my Steam library. Rare feat. Can't wait to see how this goes on! (I'm in Ch4 atm)
What is the difference between regular and steam game?

evetoyou

Jun 7, 2020
Nothing yet because the game isn't done. Once the game is completed, we'll see how long it'll take to hit Steam.
Yeah, no particular thought to it, just for archival purpose, like Being a DIK, although I'm actually waiting for S2 to come out in Steam before playing it.

I've not read the previous pages at all, but I would suggest the game to come with disclaimer about heavy themes, such as being self-destructive or suicidal. There's definitely a time where I would not be fine playing game with some of the themes featured here.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, no particular thought to it, just for archival purpose, like Being a DIK, although I'm actually waiting for S2 to come out in Steam before playing it.

I've not read the previous pages at all, but I would suggest the game to come with disclaimer about heavy themes, such as being self-destructive or suicidal. There's definitely a time where I would not be fine playing game with some of the themes featured here.
And also according to Drifty there's going to be a scene with a Warning/Disclaimer that's most likely a flashback to what happened to Linda. It'll be skippable, but agreed, this game, like DIK, should have a warning.

evetoyou

Jun 7, 2020
And also according to Drifty there's going to be a scene with a Warning/Disclaimer that's most likely a flashback to what happened to Linda. It'll be skippable, but agreed, this game, like DIK, should have a warning.
This will be good. While that particularly isn't *as* difficult subject to me, I feel like that, as well as what Cece is going through even at the end of it all, is important.

Lewdness is secondary to me on these games, and part of me wouldn't even mind playing without it, but on that note, now that I've finished Ch5, this is near-on-par to me with BaDik (and probs equals if not better than AL) storywise.

EDIT: also mad props to soundtrack - while a lot of the tracks aren't memorable, everything is quite fitting and suitable - and it's easy to go afk and let the music play on! As maybe small suggestion, maybe add a note that you can view current song playing if you check music on phone. I found this by chance, but so glad I did to save couple of artists up!

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah I'm a story guy myself. I don't care about the lewdness stuff. If it's done right, and not fan-service, then it's great. There's plenty of porn on the internet and I don't need a game for that. I don't know how many songs from this game's soundtrack I put on my iPod (Michael Shynes, Jay Denton, John Coggins, etc.) but I think it's one of the best soundtracks in these games and definitely in my Top 3 (CoBD is #1)

4.80 star(s) 559 Votes