CitDCypher

Jul 26, 2017
ep7_steph01pool086.png

With just a few days to go, here's the standard pre release information.

Remember that the surefire way to jump in and play the next release from where you left off with your current saves is to make sure you've saved in an unmodded version of Leap of Faith.

I haven't introduced any malicious scripting which ruins your gameplay if you've modded your game (I mean, who would do such a thing...), but in case your modded saves do not work I can't provide bug-testing and fixes. It's just too much of a time sink.

Unmodded saves saved anywhere should work just fine.

Testers are getting the release today, which leaves less days for testing than I would have k loop wanted, but we'll make 1

Five days to go! I can't wait to show you this chapter.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there. I'll be back with a little post before New Year after the release.

// D

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Anyone has step by step Lexi guide to get top option? I am missing zero scenes with her at this point.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even went back to metro to tell her she is beautiful instead of the joke, for extra points, tried both nuke posts, tried all options with the costume in the plane, danced with her. I don't really know what I could have missed, unless me being in the other girls paths, somehow affects this.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
Anyone has step by step Lexi guide to get top option? I am missing zero scenes with her at this point.

Even went back to metro to tell her she is beautiful instead of the joke, for extra points, tried both nuke posts, tried all options with the costume in the plane, danced with her. I don't really know what I could have missed, unless me being in the other girls paths, somehow affects this.
You need Lexi points >= 20.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, I should have already edited it, that I figured out already it was the "Say hi to Kevin' that I couldn't trigger(not even by following the mod/pdf walkthrough) but it was too late my time and had to go to sleep.

Now I am at work and can't really test it, but of the top of my head the only path I can get the extra romantic point is if I go home with Kira instead of Cece, because I always picked the flirty point at the start for the extra +Kira at the burger place. If I am right that is textbook bad game design, I do not care how insignificant that line proves to be in the long run, you do not punish the player 5 chapters down the line for a decision they do in chapter 1, especially when is not properly communicated.
(i.e. Talk about seasons in ep1, say you like winter, lose point sin chapter 4 with LI, because they prefer Summer)

Also, the best outcome should never be offered only by getting 100% of the points. You have to leave the players some wiggle room to have some flavor with their choices, lets say maximum RP at that point are 25, the best outcome options should be offered at, let's say, 21-22 RP. Maybe I am just jumping the gun and I am yet missing some aspects, so I apologize in advance to Mr. Drifty.

On the plus side I can't wait for the update, to continue my Cece playthrough, been a while since I was so invested in a character, in a game.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Also, the best outcome should never be offered only by getting 100% of the points. You have to leave the players some wiggle room to have some flavor with their choices, lets say maximum RP at that point are 25, the best outcome options should be offered at, let's say, 21-22 RP. Maybe I am just jumping the gun and I am yet missing some aspects, so I apologize in advance to Mr. Drifty.
Before the airport when messaging Lexi, tell her she's beautiful (the WT is wrong), and there's your wiggle points. :)

edit: also joking about the hair in ch 1 gives less point right then and there, but many more later on.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, I should have already edited it, that I figured out already it was the "Say hi to Kevin' that I couldn't trigger(not even by following the mod/pdf walkthrough) but it was too late my time and had to go to sleep.

Now I am at work and can't really test it, but of the top of my head the only path I can get the extra romantic point is if I go home with Kira instead of Cece, because I always picked the flirty point at the start for the extra +Kira at the burger place. If I am right that is textbook bad game design, I do not care how insignificant that line proves to be in the long run, you do not punish the player 5 chapters down the line for a decision they do in chapter 1, especially when is not properly communicated.
(i.e. Talk about seasons in ep1, say you like winter, lose point sin chapter 4 with LI, because they prefer Summer)

On the plus side I can't wait for the update, to continue my Cece playthrough, been a while since I was so invested in a character, in a game.
I see your point, but on the other hand, I think the "best beds" dialog doesn't limit you to get onto Lexi's path.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Four days away and the knots and butterflies in my stomach are going to be vicious to deal with. No other VN has affected me like this before. I came in right after the release of C4 and the ups and downs of this game have really played with my nerves.

We're not too far from the end now, but it's been one hell of a ride. I hope the coaster starts going up now as we make our way to the finish line.

I can't take any more downs.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Cece is like this little girl all up in arms for the world.
When you light up, she lights up.
When you are bummed, she gets bummed.
When it is her getting you bummed .. .game over!
She lives or dies by our choices. That is not going to end the world.
Well,first i was thinking that way too...
First i played Cece path only,she jumped...
Second playthrough i choosed Lexi,Cece jumped again,so there is no choice ?!?
Shit,hadn't read the last pages...
Happend in all paths...
I'm ready but at the same time I'm not, I'm scared to think what might happen to Cece.
Have a heart! Be all energetic and high in your belief to make her better, to get better.
When you are smiling, she gets smiling!
The world will smile with you!

Reactions: DarkOs31

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
My stomach is in absolute knots waiting for this.
I share your feeling...

The wait and the impatience to finally find out what happens next are torture.
And the closer the release date gets, the worse the feeling gets.
Luckily i have a few other games that i have to catch up on, which is a huge help for distraction.
Otherwise the first pack of kleenex would be empty without even having seen the update.

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I've forgotten the release date!
And i don't know why i just checked the driffty's YT
holy fuck!
Can't wait!
I hope that im not gonna cry this time too...Lmao have some mercy! :KEK:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Before the airport when messaging Lexi, tell her she's beautiful (the WT is wrong), and there's your wiggle points. :)

edit: also joking about the hair in ch. 1 gives less point right then and there, but many more later on.
Thank you for answering! Ended up replaying, turns out my metagame brain was keeping me from following even the mod. I was missing 2 possible Romantic points because I was trying to pick up extra points for other girls (aka telling Robin at the bowling in ch1 that I am interested in her and hate fucking Steph to orgasm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

Until I have time to write a proper review, I have to say, that for me, this and Chasing Sunsets are contenders for GOTY 2021. I can understand why people would still probably pick a game like BaDIK, but in the categories where Leap of Fate excels, the game is so ahead of everything else in the genre, that I have trouble going back and enjoying games that people recommend as being 'similar', or of the same caliber.

Reactions: Andromeda

WILSO2276

Oct 15, 2021
I share your feeling...

The wait and the impatience to finally find out what happens next are torture.
And the closer the release date gets, the worse the feeling gets.
Luckily i have a few other games that i have to catch up on, which is a huge help for distraction.
Otherwise the first pack of kleenex would be empty without even having seen the update.
I hear you. I am the same. I was late to the party with Leap of Faith, but so invested, and waiting very impatiently.....

cod3m4n5

Sep 5, 2021
im not good at eng but can somebody tell me cece got depression because she is the reason her brother/sister died or what?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It seems like I'm in the minority here. I finally got around to playing the latest update and I have to say the whole thing is just a bunch of juvenile nonsense with a sprinkling of the scenes that made me fall in love with the game in the first place. And why add a blatant fourth wall breaking scene, and choices you can't choose? I guess this is just not my kind of "humor" at all.

4.80 star(s) 552 Votes