Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
That's too bad on the Steam thing. Hopefully they get that resolved. Assuming I'm pleased with the ending of the game, I was going to buy it on Steam to support Drifty.
As I understand it, they're constantly changing their ToS/AuP, so much so most of their staff has no clue about it or won't tell you anything about why or why not if/when asked.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and Razrback16

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It seems like Drifty is taking as much time as he needs to close off one of the best AVNs I've played so far. It's a bit reassuring since I'm assuming (and hoping) that he doesn't pull another sequence like Ch. 6 (which still makes me shiver every time I reach the title "I'm sorry..."). I'm excited to see what he has planned next!

On a side note: these dev diaries have really shed a light on how involved the development cycle is. A single scene totaling 250 renders from start to end is staggering when you consider that other titles barely hit 500 for an entire chapter. Plus each new update only adds to the theories about how everything will come to an end since quite a few plotlines were left open at the end of Ch. 7.

Reactions: MV_1999

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
there is still hope, the hub is still there so it wasnt completely banned like other games

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening folks. Hoping everyone has had a great weekend and that you an yours have been well.

I haven't posted in a while since I've been waiting to complete SanchoMod's core to v6 which has recently been done (yes, finally). I'll be porting our beloved title over as soon as I knockout a few other VN's to insure what we get here is the cream of the crop of what I currently offer publicly. For those that care, stay tuned as a boatload has been revised, polished, and added... all to the benefit of the player's experience. Feel free to see teasers of my latest releases for sneak peaks of the current core code if you wish (the one starting with an "E" is the likely current pinnacle).

I'll keep y'all posted. Regards and take care until then.

DriftyGames you have my word to remain in the proper aesthetic and to force the mod out of the way during impact scenes, etc as always. You are one of the very small few who have my utmost respect and gratitude for your labor of love. I will continue to do my best to enhance your work for the player's experience and not "hack the holy shit out of it". Regards.
Well.... damn. This isn't the only one I work on that's in a steam mess currently. I'm going to continue with the porting to the newest mod core regardless.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Funny how people are quick to jump on the "Steam is censoring games/being woke/blabla" wagon.

It's a dmca thing, Steam had no say in this (lest they put themselves at risk of being sued) it's a lawyer thing. Hopefully it can be fixed quickly, it sucks cause Drifty is one of the most respectful and careful dev when it comes to music. He paid a lot of money to make sure to have some rights. The biggest risk is that it may happen for some other musics in his game, and in other devs games as well.

I guess scammy lawyers/music groups are banking on Steam VNs getting a lot of popularity lately.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
As I understand it, they're constantly changing their ToS/AuP, so much so most of their staff has no clue about it or won't tell you anything about why or why not if/when asked.
of course.

Funny how people are quick to jump on the "Steam is censoring games/being woke/blabla" wagon.
steam is doing that as long as it doesn't give reason (or it doesn't become publicly known).

Classy Jack

Apr 18, 2019
I was going to buy it on Steam to support Drifty.
I already did.... as i do with any game i play on here, that's available there. I can't afford to do the patreon thing, so buying the games outright is the next best thing.

I do hope this gets resolved soon. kinda curious about which track triggered this mess.

Reactions: Zoltan Redbeard

Caly Blue

Jan 11, 2022
It's a dmca thing, Steam had no say in this (lest they put themselves at risk of being sued) it's a lawyer thing. Hopefully it can be fixed quickly, it sucks cause Drifty is one of the most respectful and careful dev when it comes to music. He paid a lot of money to make sure to have some rights. The biggest risk is that it may happen for some other musics in his game, and in other devs games as well.

I guess scammy lawyers/music groups are banking on Steam VNs getting a lot of popularity lately.
Yeah, regardless of whether or not you like Ed Shearan, he helped shine a light on the behind the scenes legal activities of the music industry. The fact somone could make a claim against his song which instantly denies him four year's worth of royalties amounting to £3million was amazing - The royalty agencies have to put the money in a separate account and await the legal outcome to see who they should pay.
The other part was that it's so rife in the music insustry that a lot of artists just pay the complainant off to avoid the legal costs and hassle.
Can't imagine how horrible it must feel for any creative person - but especially small independants - to have done everything correctly only to be accused of copyright infringement and have your main source of income pulled from stores.

It needs rebalancing

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

Well not necessarily. Dealing with rights to play music is pretty complex. So various services take care of the licensing. Assuming that the service Drifty got the license from was a valid representative of the artist at the time, he's golden. Usually the service will deal with such situations like this. Back when I had to deal with such crap, lawyers on both sides would discuss it, these days it's an email exchange.

It is unimaginable that Steam hasn't got a lawyer on retainer. That there isn't a procedure for validating the license in a matter of minutes. It's not that Steam's worried about being sued, far more likely they can't be bothered.

Reactions: patachoucs

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Well.... damn. This isn't the only one I work on that's in a steam mess currently. I'm going to continue with the porting to the newest mod core regardless.
Clearly a labour of love, as anyone can see that you've put an enormous amount of work into your mod, probably because this game hit you just as hard as the rest of us. I don't know if its technically/legally possible, but it would be awesome if Drifty added your mod to the Steam game as an option, so new players could explore every aspect of this amazing game. If not, I'll download and install it manually for the copy I purchase and the one I'm gifting to a friend. It makes an already incredible game even better.

My only concern for the future is that Drifty's next game will have to meet the impossible expectations set by this one. I've no doubt that it'll be technically superior through better resources and learned skills, but Leap of Faith might be a once in a lifetime experience. Good luck Drifty - you're gonna need it! :love:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I had a bug in the second episode. During a conversation with Lexi on a social network in a women's clothing store, the "Good Luck" response button becomes non-clickable. Who knows what this is connected with?

Machete

Apr 7, 2020
I played it as far as the third check point i think. It's a very well made game, but you keep ammassing "lost opportunities" with the ladies and at certain point i felt like "ok, whatever, fuck them all" and i quitted. My experience with it.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I played it as far as the third check point i think. It's a very well made game, but you keep ammassing "lost opportunities" with the ladies and at certain point i felt like "ok, whatever, fuck them all" and i quitted. My experience with it.
Those missed opportunities are because you have chosen a path and therefore do not get to see alternative paths. The benefit of that is a nice reminder to replay that section making different decisions to see those missed opportunities.

Kvothe94

Jun 11, 2020
Finally, i got new laptop. Previous one was broken and didnt have enough time and needness to buy new laptop. Recently bought new one. Was stopped on chapter 5 and with great pleasure decide to continue LoF story. And....

Fuck my balls, that was hearbreaking. It first time(i think) when AVM got me crying. This moment with Cece was hard. And it was so nice when she back alive. Remembered all of them. It was really incredible.

First after a break I played Artemis from digi.b and was really enjoyed by refference to Lexi Dimante in those AVN. And was very surprised to see refference to Dj KINK in chapter 7.

I liked only two routes. Lexi's and Linda's. Till chapter 5 played all of them but others doesnt seem interesting to me.
And i Love Cece more like friend than LI. She is really good friend, and I don want to spoil that with sex and on..

P.S. Im sorry, cause I have so bad english. I Know i fcked up with al times and sentence building, so the native speakers will their eye, butThis meaningless text just scream of a soul. Cause i dont have friends who playes AVN)

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
So far, I've seen references to LoF in Artemis and Chasing Sunsets, it's 1 big universe, and all 3 games are made by different people.

After playing Artemis, I think DJ KinK mistook the LoF MC for Artemis' MC, it's the only explanation I could think of.

Reactions: Kvothe94

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
So far, I've seen references to LoF in Artemis and Chasing Sunsets, it's 1 big universe, and all 3 games are made by different people.
No it's 3 different universes, it's just them doing some advertisement for each other.

After playing Artemis, I think DJ KinK mistook the LoF MC for Artemis' MC, it's the only explanation I could think of.
Correct

Reactions: DarkDaemonX
4.80 star(s) 550 Votes