Jul 1, 2022
Haven't seen a single error. Did you unzip the folder 'azkMod' inside the 'game' folder?
I did. It begins to give errors while talking to Stephanie in the dream.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 62, in script
    $ dlcnote = ex0003
  File "game/script.rpy", line 62, in <module>
    $ dlcnote = ex0003
NameError: name 'ex0003' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ dlcnote = ex0003
  File "C:\LeapofFaith\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc TEST\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\LeapofFaith\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc TEST\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1052, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ dlcnote = ex0003

Last edited:

vcxz

May 7, 2017
I did. It begins to give errors while talking to Stephanie in the dream.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    $ dlcnote = ex0003
    $ dlcnote = ex0003

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ dlcnote = ex0003
  File "C:\LeapofFaith\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc TEST\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\LeapofFaith\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc TEST\LeapofFaith-1.0c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1052, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ dlcnote = ex0003
A dlcnote error? Perhaps you downloaded the "Patch for Walkthrough DLC Version" on the main post of the Music Restoration Mod? You don't need that one on the version of the game that you downloaded here on F95zone. Only download and unzip this one: "Download Music Restoration Mod 1.2.2 (906 MB)"

Jul 1, 2022
A dlcnote error? Perhaps you downloaded the "Patch for Walkthrough DLC Version" on the main post of the Music Restoration Mod? You don't need that one on the version of the game that you downloaded here on F95zone. Only download and unzip this one: "Download Music Restoration Mod 1.2.2 (906 MB)"
Strange. I downloaded only the "Download Music Restoration Mod 1.2.2 (906 MB)" first and it created no changes in the game before using the patch. I’ll try again

Edit: It works but I can only listen to the original music. When I switch to the new music in the preferences, no music plays.

Last edited:

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
Speaking of the music restoration mod, how good is it? I thought the music in the base game was already pretty darn good.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Speaking of the music restoration mod, how good is it? I thought the music in the base game was already pretty darn good.
That's a loaded question.

Did you only play the final version of the game? If so, you experienced a game in which Drifty carefully chose the placement of his available songs and made a game in which the music supported 95 percent of the events in a way that he was eventually happy with. You'll also notice a couple moments where there's supposed to be music and there isn't, because the perfect song wasn't available and Drifty couldn't find it in himself to put in a replacement (or didn't want to re-render an entire scene to fix it).

The "restoration" of the music gives you the first 7 chapters as they were intended to be played, with all the original music queues and emotional bang that was intended.

I maintain that, if you've never heard the original soundtrack, the new soundtrack is more than acceptable, and playing the "restoration" version might be a bit odd for you. But if you played the first seven chapters before musiception, then the restoration mod is kinda necessary, because you notice where music has been replaced and it just doesn't feel right.

However, even if you've only played the final version so far, you might want to experience the game as it was originally intended to be experienced via the restoration mods.

Lastly, if you play without walkthrough mods or with the Drifty DLC, you should use the music restoration mod in the OP by Azk66. It allows you to play with 99% of the original music without making any other changes to the game (and gives you some mp3s to play with).

If you use walkthrough mods, or don't have access to the Drifty DLC, I recommend the Multi Mod in the OP by Sancho1969, which is a FANTASTIC walkthrough mod and 100% restores the original music, complete with playlists and Drifty-edited songs (plus one fun extra). You will have to pay close attention to the installation instructions though. It's a bit more complicated than a normal mod.

serrein

Feb 4, 2019
i seriously have no word! for once a game that make sens... choices and path that have real impact.
i did not hope for anything that good. i had a good love and sex life... and i can tell you this... i saw some of them in here.
i am not shy to say this.... i smiled, i got angry, i felt distress too and i cried.

this is far ahead from all the games i played so far.

thanks you allfor that master pieces.
peace

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
i am not shy to say this.... i smiled, i got angry, i felt distress too and i cried.
I was skeptical with people frequently mentioning the game made them cry. It's not something that comes easy with me. Then I played it and sure enough I was shedding tears here and there to full on ugly crying in relief/joy. The range of emotions this game puts one though is something I truly underestimated. :):LOL::eek::cry::giggle::coffee:

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
No mods = no errors. As for the music restoration it's frankly easier to supply your own soundtrack. Just plug in your Norwegian Death Metal playlist then load up your save and play! I know you're going to say thank you as soon as you get one of the lewd scenes because the music really brings it to life. Enjoy, and..... you're welcome. :p

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
That's a loaded question.

Did you only play the final version of the game? If so, you experienced a game in which Drifty carefully chose the placement of his available songs and made a game in which the music supported 95 percent of the events in a way that he was eventually happy with. You'll also notice a couple moments where there's supposed to be music and there isn't, because the perfect song wasn't available and Drifty couldn't find it in himself to put in a replacement (or didn't want to re-render an entire scene to fix it).

The "restoration" of the music gives you the first 7 chapters as they were intended to be played, with all the original music queues and emotional bang that was intended.

I maintain that, if you've never heard the original soundtrack, the new soundtrack is more than acceptable, and playing the "restoration" version might be a bit odd for you. But if you played the first seven chapters before musiception, then the restoration mod is kinda necessary, because you notice where music has been replaced and it just doesn't feel right.

However, even if you've only played the final version so far, you might want to experience the game as it was originally intended to be experienced via the restoration mods.

Lastly, if you play without walkthrough mods or with the Drifty DLC, you should use the music restoration mod in the OP by Azk66. It allows you to play with 99% of the original music without making any other changes to the game (and gives you some mp3s to play with).

If you use walkthrough mods, or don't have access to the Drifty DLC, I recommend the Multi Mod in the OP by Sancho1969, which is a FANTASTIC walkthrough mod and 100% restores the original music, complete with playlists and Drifty-edited songs (plus one fun extra). You will have to pay close attention to the installation instructions though. It's a bit more complicated than a normal mod.
Shouldn't you have the chapter 7 version for restoration with the Sancho mod?
I only have "Audio.rpa" file but no "Audio01.rpa to Audio07.rpa" files in game folder and no "v1.0's" folder either

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Shouldn't you have the chapter 7 version for restoration with the Sancho mod?
I only have "Audio.rpa" file but no "Audio01.rpa to Audio07.rpa" files in game folder and no "v1.0's" folder either
Yes, if you have the original Chap 7 version, you can just cannibalize the files from there, but if not, all is not lost ...
in that case has deleted ch 7 then here are audio-rpas:

*tries to remember life before Sancho1969 mods but can't*
As I said, you have to read the instructions carefully. Anyone that does will be led to that post if they need it.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Yes, if you have the original Chap 7 version, you can just cannibalize the files from there, but if not, all is not lost ...

As I said, you have to read the instructions carefully. Anyone that does will be led to that post if they need it.
Sorry, but I didn't see any link, leading to this post in the instructions given by Sancho.
That being said, I had just read these instructions out of curiosity before choosing the version with the new sounds.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sorry, but I didn't see any link, leading to this post in the instructions given by Sancho.
That being said, I had just read these instructions out of curiosity before choosing the version with the new sounds.

To be fair, it's about 3 links down ... also, they may have been updated since the post originally was made.

vcxz

May 7, 2017
Strange. I downloaded only the "Download Music Restoration Mod 1.2.2 (906 MB)" first and it created no changes in the game before using the patch. I’ll try again

Edit: It works but I can only listen to the original music. When I switch to the new music in the preferences, no music plays.
The original music in the preferences screen is the recommended setting. When switching in-game, the music will only start playing at the start of a new scene. That's because of how the game is coded and run in the Ren'Py engine. I'd say the mod is likely correctly installed now. Enjoy! (y)
I mostly agree with Elhemeer above, but would strongly recommend the Music Restoration Mod to new players. You'd be missing out on many good, sometimes great songs, that really add a lot to the experience. If I'm correct, Drifty replaced the original songs that were censored with licensed songs that already played in other scenes and the final chapter. So nothing is really lost when using the mod, there is just more variety and some of the original music fits better to the scenes, in my opinion.

Like Elhemeer stated, some players might prefer the Multi Mod. I haven't tried that one, so I can't comment on it. But overall, I think players are better off using one of these mods and experience the original music, as it was intended by the developer.

vcxz

May 7, 2017
That’s the problem. When I switch back to the new music in preferences, at the beginning of a new scene no music plays at all.
That's curious... Just tested it. I selected "New version: Rework by Drifty..." in Preferences. Right after you write your MC's name in a new game, and when Steph appears in the dream, I hear a song ("Picture perfect on the surface..."). My guess is that you might've accidentally overwritten some of the main game files. So you can try a fresh install. Another possibility that I've heard of is that the Ren'Py engine has issues with long file paths or 'special characters'. So try unzipping the game files in a basic folder such as:
C:\Games\LeapofFaith\

Hope that helps. Otherwise you could try the forum of the Music Restoration Mod. Perhaps the mod developer can help you further. Good luck!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

well my links will expire permanently at end of month but there are replacements now.

• Sad

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Ok so let's say I'd like to try restoring music with the Sancho mod. I still need the "v1.0" folder to put these files in, right? And since I don't have that folder (it's not there in the final ch 8 release), would it be okay to create it as an empty folder and then put those files in there?

• Sad
Reactions: cxx
4.80 star(s) 553 Votes