Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
The cheats menu currently in the mod will likely be pulled as there's nothing really to "cheat". The ChoiceGuide holds your hand through everything as is. If you have a specific idea then I'll certainly take it under advisement.

Regards.
Just wanted to be able to choose all three traits at the beginning and since we can't, setting it manually through the cheat menu would work wonders.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Got a question... I used to play LoF with Drifty's mod until Ep 6. I used to always go for the Robin/Kira route but this time now with your mod being the only updated one I am attempting to use other routes. Despite having emotional difficulties with the CeCe route I decided to still try that one as first...

So I went totally from scratch, nuked all my saves (both in AppData and using fresh game install).
When coming up to the encounter with Chris after getting invited to go visit Lexi at her home, after the MC tells him his heart already belongs to someone else.
A few steps later you then get the options shown in attached screenshots...
Now I may have missed something but I can't for the life of me see how choosing Linda could cause an opportunity with Kira to arise later on... (see screenie)
1642027189572.png
Seeing as all other options disable the Missed Opp [chosen LI('s)] I'm suspecting this is a typo and it should actually show/read as Missed Op (Linda) ?
Too bad the strikethrough doesn't get colored here like in game, but I think you get what I mean.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Got a question... I used to play LoF with Drifty's mod until Ep 6. I used to always go for the Robin/Kira route but this time now with your mod being the only updated one I am attempting to use other routes. Despite having emotional difficulties with the CeCe route I decided to still try that one as first...

So I went totally from scratch, nuked all my saves (both in AppData and using fresh game install).
When coming up to the encounter with Chris after getting invited to go visit Lexi at her home, after the MC tells him his heart already belongs to someone else.
A few steps later you then get the options shown in attached screenshots...
Now I may have missed something but I can't for the life of me see how choosing Linda could cause an opportunity with Kira to arise later on... (see screenie)
View attachment 1593463
Seeing as all other options disable the Missed Opp [chosen LI('s)] I'm suspecting this is a typo and it should actually show/read as Missed Op (Linda) ?
Too bad the strikethrough doesn't get colored here like in game, but I think you get what I mean.
My bad, that is certainly a fubar. I checked the code to be sure. My apologies I'll fix as soon as I can find a stopping point with current project. It should be " Missed Opp Linda "

Edit: OP link updated with correction. Thanks again for pointing it out and reporting. Kind regards.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017
Hello not sure if this is a bug in the mod or not, but when you make the decision in ch6 to tell holly no regrets for threesome, in the mod it shows false not true, like I did not tell her.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello not sure if this is a bug in the mod or not, but when you make the decision in ch6 to tell holly no regrets for threesome, in the mod it shows false not true, like I did not tell her.
Bud, that's impossible as the mod only reports the variable's condition. It does not manipulate nor change any of the variables at all. I did take a look and that choice works as intended on my end. Send me a screenshot of before and after the choice with the MiniStat screen open to see the Events page if you continue to experience the issue. Regards.

Here is the code for that choice (snippet) clearly showing the variable being changed to True:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 12, 2017
Bud, that's impossible as the mod only reports the variable's condition. It does not manipulate nor change any of the variables at all. I did take a look and that choice works as intended on my end. Send me a screenshot of before and after the choice with the MiniStat screen open to see the Events page if you continue to experience the issue. Regards.

Here is the code for that choice (snippet) clearly showing the variable being changed to True:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Played again, everything was fine, got the holly scene, don't know how my saves got mixed up, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for answering.

Reactions: Sancho1969

P3ltier

Jan 30, 2020
Hi, I have upgraded my game from 6 to 7.
used this mod in 1-6 as well
I am getting this error seems to suggest OP(MC?) is not named
Can you assist?

Edit: I'm re downloading full game just in case some there was an issue with the update

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'op' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script07.rpyc", line 37, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 681, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who)
Exception: Sayer 'op' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Leap of Faith 0.7.0c
Fri Jan 28 20:30:18 2022

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I have upgraded my game from 6 to 7.
used this mod in 1-6 as well
Bud, this mod wasn't published publicly prior to v0.7, so you didn't use this mod. This mod was just released 1.5 wks ago. It appears you used the other mod and tried installing this mod into the other version which won't work. Rather than guiding you through delete all previous rpy/rpyc files I suggest installing this mod into a fresh installation of v0.7. Once you do that you can copy your old saves to this new installation and they should work as long as they weren't saved on a menu choice screen. If that's the case then loadup the save in the previous version, rollback a screen or two off the menu choice, re-save, then copy that save over and it should work fine.

See, other modders edit the menu choices directly which becomes an issue when that mod is no longer installed (playing either unmodded or with another mod). SanchoMod does not do this, likely keeping your saves from becoming borked.

• Red Heart
Reactions: P3ltier

P3ltier

Jan 30, 2020
Bud, this mod wasn't published publicly prior to v0.7, so you didn't use this mod. This mod was just released 1.5 wks ago. It appears you used the other mod and tried installing this mod into the other version which won't work. Rather than guiding you through delete all previous rpy/rpyc files I suggest installing this mod into a fresh installation of v0.7. Once you do that you can copy your old saves to this new installation and they should work as long as they weren't saved on a menu choice screen. If that's the case then loadup the save in the previous version, rollback a screen or two off the menu choice, re-save, then copy that save over and it should work fine.

See, other modders edit the menu choices directly which becomes an issue when that mod is no longer installed (playing either unmodded or with another mod). SanchoMod does not do this, likely keeping your saves from becoming borked.
Thanks for the Great reply,
I figured a new clean version would make things easier.
I had no issues with my save files the were saved on the end screen or progressing in the game again..
Have a nice day.

xXESOTERICXx

Feb 18, 2020
Hi, Thanks for this mod. I have the Steam version of the game, seems to work great. Do we know if it disables achievements? I haven't received any since I installed the mod. Not sure if its a coincidence or the mod. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, Thanks for this mod. I have the Steam version pf the game, seems to work great. Do we know if it disables achievements? I haven't received any since I installed the mod. Not sure if its a coincidence or the mod. Thanks again.
The mod itself isn't coded to disabled achievements. I've never had anyone ask me this before. Give me a while as I'm currently updating two other mods for VN's that just released and I'll look into it for ya. It will only be an issue if it's something on Steam's side (which I highly doubt it is with a RenPy title). I'm sure we can sort it out. Regards.

Edit: I checked it out. Seems the VN that drops here doesn't have any of the Steam code in it, therefore no cheevos 4 U. If you send me the "scripts.rpa" from that version I can likely fold the code in. Without seeing the code I can't give you an absolute though.

Last edited:

xXESOTERICXx

Feb 18, 2020
The mod itself isn't coded to disabled achievements. I've never had anyone ask me this before. Give me a while as I'm currently updating two other mods for VN's that just released and I'll look into it for ya. It will only be an issue if it's something on Steam's side (which I highly doubt it is with a RenPy title). I'm sure we can sort it out. Regards.

Edit: I checked it out. Seems the VN that drops here doesn't have any of the Steam code in it, therefore no cheevos 4 U. If you send me the "scripts.rpa" from that version I can likely fold the code in. Without seeing the code I can't give you an absolute though.
Here you go. Please let me know of anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here you go. Please let me know of anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Good morning. Got it, checked it out, yep the code is in there all over the place. This might be a chore. Please feel free to edit your post and remove your attachment as there's no more need for it now that I can see what's what. Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: xXESOTERICXx
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes