Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Downbadguy95

May 28, 2022
Try on joiplay
Wow I never knew about this app until now. I installed it and downloaded the pc version of the game with your mod included and everything ran smoothly on my android device. My laptop's gone for repairment so this really helps. Btw does joiplay work on every adult visual novels from this site or only a handful of renpy ones??

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow I never knew about this app until now. I installed it and downloaded the pc version of the game with your mod included and everything ran smoothly on my android device. My laptop's gone for repairment so this really helps. Btw does joiplay work on every adult visual novels from this site or only a handful of renpy ones??
It's hit or miss. Most mobile users don't like it and rely on other members here to repackage everything as an apk. I'm an apple phone dude so I really don't know much regarding it and I certainly don't play graphical entertainment meant for a proper system with a phone. I'm not the best one to ask tbh.

Jyme

Apr 21, 2021
Damn this mod is amazing, a lot of functionality. Just a question, what does "Player's Choice" mean?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn this mod is amazing, a lot of functionality. Just a question, what does "Player's Choice" mean?
Good evening. TBH, it means exactly that. You are the player and the choice is yours without repercussion. In other words no variables or other events trigger other than dialogue. So, technically it's a plot/story choice only.

Reactions: Jyme

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi. A request for future updates of your amazing SanchoMod (which I'm loving in multiple games).

Leap of Faith has a save-name feature that remembers the name you're currently using (if saving multiple files during a play session), so when you go to save, if you want to keep using the same file name, you just hit enter 'cause the name is already in the box.

Any chance you might add that feature in the future?

Thanks from a new fan.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi. A request for future updates of your amazing SanchoMod (which I'm loving in multiple games).

Leap of Faith has a save-name feature that remembers the name you're currently using (if saving multiple files during a play session), so when you go to save, if you want to keep using the same file name, you just hit enter 'cause the name is already in the box.

Any chance you might add that feature in the future?

Thanks from a new fan.
Well..... here's the rub. What you ask is easy but hear me out on how SanchoMod handles names currently (it's changed a bit over time). Currently SanchoMod assumes the name of the save slot selected. If a previous save it auto-fills that name, if blank it starts blank.

Now, what I can likely do is have a check in the code that if the player selects a blank slot and either loaded a previously NAMED save OR has saved a game in the current session that it retains that name unless changed. That's doable but personally, when I save to a new slot I want a new name hence why it works the way it does currently. Chew on it and throw me some feedback on thoughts.

... and thank you for the kind words, sincerely. Best to you and yours.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That's doable but personally, when I save to a new slot I want a new name hence why it works the way it does currently. Chew on it and throw me some feedback on thoughts.
I guess this is a half-empty/half-full question. When I'm playing a game that has multiple paths, I like using the same name on all the saves following a particular path, so I like when it'll remember the name I'm currently using. If I'm trying to figure out what path to take, then I'll want to save files with different names.

It's just as easy for me to type over what's there if I want to change it as it is to re-type the same name that's in the previous save box if that's what I want to use, but I personally prefer the former if it's available.

Either way, I've used a couple of your mods now and they're the best I've tried, so I'm looking forward to trying more. Thanks for the reply.

-JusTDoiT-

Feb 15, 2021
Sancho1969

After removing the unren file in the "Game" folder and extracting the game files, the mod does not work, but when I do not use the unren file, the mod works, why?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969

After removing the unren file in the "Game" folder and extracting the game files, the mod does not work, but when I do not use the unren file, the mod works, why?
Good morning,

If you de-compiled "Call of Dookie" and shoved it back into your XXX-Box360 then it wouldn't work either. Think about it.

In Sancho redneck terms: If you pull the engine out of a new car, tear the engine apart, then hop into the driver's seat and turn the ignition before putting the engine back into the car then what's going to happen?

That's why.

-JusTDoiT-

Feb 15, 2021
Good morning,

If you de-compiled "Call of Dookie" and shoved it back into your XXX-Box360 then it wouldn't work either. Think about it.

In Sancho redneck terms: If you pull the engine out of a new car, tear the engine apart, then hop into the driver's seat and turn the ignition before putting the engine back into the car then what's going to happen?

That's why.

Interesting, none of the mods I've used so far have had such a problem. If there is no problem in other mods I use, I don't understand why you chose this way, but thank you, I wish you success.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Interesting, none of the mods I've used so far have had such a problem. If there is no problem in other mods I use, I don't understand why you chose this way, but thank you, I wish you success.
Thank you for the wish, sincerely but I have no monetary or other stake in my basic generosity of product supply, so there's really no involvement of success. There's no ulterior motive(s). I either supply a product publicly or don't. That's it really.

This whole scenario is understandable as soon as a person realizes how many hours of my personal time is spent troubleshooting folks who state things like "I installed your mod and it's broke" only to much later find out it's due to them mucking around with things they don't even understand for no reason and breaking it themselves. This happens on such a high frequency level I can't even calculate the amount of wasted time and effort this causes. So, the debugging structure eliminates all the nonsense and helps resolve fundamental issues quickly and efficiently.

Last edited:

-JusTDoiT-

Feb 15, 2021
Thank you for the wish, sincerely but I have no monetary or other stake in my basic generosity of product supply, so there's really no involvement of success. There's no ulterior motive(s). I either supply a product publicly or don't. That's it really.

This whole scenario is understandable as soon as a person realizes how many hours of my personal time is spent troubleshooting folks who state things like "I installed your mod and it's broke" only to much later find out it's due to them mucking around with things they don't even understand for no reason and breaking it themselves. This happens on such a high frequency level I can't even calculate the amount of wasted time and effort this causes. So, the debugging structure eliminates all the nonsense and helps resolve fundamental issues quickly and efficiently.

I respect that man, I was just curious. Thanks for the answers and I wish you success on this path again, take it easy.

Reactions: Sancho1969

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I don't know if it would be too much of a spoiler to include in this note near the start of Chapter 5, but this photo does help more than most with Cece's calm score in the hospital in chapter 7.
1660931787859.png
1660931592920.png

Edit: Just to be clear, it's not worth redoing the Ch 7 version but it might worth a note for a change for the Ch 8 one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if it would be too much of a spoiler to include in this note near the start of Chapter 5, but this photo does help more than most with Cece's calm score in the hospital in chapter 7.
View attachment 1993295
View attachment 1993291

Edit: Just to be clear, it's not worth redoing the Ch 7 version but it might worth a note for a change for the Ch 8 one.
I'll check it out the next time I have the project open. Not sure how I would have missed it so thanks for the info bud. Sincere regards.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes