Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Laehl

Jun 6, 2018
Last time I played was back in 4.5 with the Oscar mod. Will I be able to just input your mod and play? I presume so because you mentioned your mod picks up the stats and runs with it as if it had been there, but I dont remember what benefits the Oscar mod had.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Last time I played was back in 4.5 with the Oscar mod. Will I be able to just input your mod and play? I presume so because you mentioned your mod picks up the stats and runs with it as if it had been there, but I dont remember what benefits the Oscar mod had.
I doubt it. Script edits can REALLY f**k up a save.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you very much for your work, please tell me how soon the new mod will be ready?
Bud, I have no way to know that. The dev's get months. You have to give me time to port the old mod to the new core code and port the old scripts to the new ones before I even fire up the VN to start the new code. I'll post progress updates like I always do.
Well, it depends on where you made your saves using someone else's mod. If you save on a choice menu then likely it won't work (that's where other modders hard-code script into the menus). If you saved during a scene or maybe even at the chapter summary then it might work.

Laehl

Jun 6, 2018
Alright I will check when you have yours ready, thank you for the response. Otherwise I will just start once again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Why is it I find you on ALL my favorite Novels? It's like you are some kind of Magical Djinn not only granting wishes but making Miracles! Take your time and once again. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
Thank you for the kind words.... and you know why. I can't allow some novice hack-pirate wannabe to code bomb VN's such as this with the standard babyshit-green "Best Choice" garbage. You know that's what would happen :ROFLMAO:

Oct 30, 2021
Thank you for the kind words.... and you know why. I can't allow some novice hack-pirate wannabe to code bomb VN's such as this with the standard babyshit-green "Best Choice" garbage. You know that's what would happen :ROFLMAO:
Which is why your mods are always worth the wait. You always deliver quality mods!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn. That was rough porting it over this time. BUT.... it fired up without too much smoke:

Once I'm confident the new core code is working properly I'll start the creation of new update code. And, yes, I'll add the new scene sorting options to SanchoGallery as well (not pictured above). That will look like this but a bit more polished (this is from my personal TFMG so disregard that...you'll get it in this VN first):

Jul 4, 2018
Alright I will check when you have yours ready, thank you for the response. Otherwise I will just start once again.
If I remember correctly You'd need to start over again anyways because some of the changes in chptr 5 or 6. I stopped to let the game complete because I didnt want to start a bunch of paths again

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If I remember correctly You'd need to start over again anyways because some of the changes in chptr 5 or 6. I stopped to let the game complete because I didnt want to start a bunch of paths again
Well, I didn't noticed any changes of note in either chapter. There's no new variables introduced into old chapters (thank goodness). There's a couple tweaks done to Holly but nothing too serious. That's what I've noticed during the porting process but I still have to analyze everything. I can tell you that the mass overhaul of music changes has severely fucked up old save loading. What a mess... so, starting over is not the worst idea ever tbh.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
So before i take this game up again, how many branching path's are there?
And which ones are there?
Figured I'd better ask here as i assume you have dissected the game by now :p

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
I'm a happy amateur when it comes to Renpy scripting. I prefer the Python coding, not at these mod wizards level, but i get the obsession. It's just fun for some stupid reason.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes