Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I don't know if it would be too much of a spoiler to include in this note near the start of Chapter 5, but this photo does help more than most with Cece's calm score in the hospital in chapter 7.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Just to be clear, it's not worth redoing the Ch 7 version but it might worth a note for a change for the Ch 8 one.
I believe this applies to all the Chapter 4 "Date" and Chapter 5 "Intro" photos. (Racetrack, Sushi, fixing TV, etc.)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm never going to have a weekend off again, am I? :ROFLMAO:

Well, first thing's first. I have to update the mod core itself to the latest before I even start porting the scripts. It's gonna be a long night after an already long day. For those that can't wait (I'm telling you I won't rush this title, it deserves TLC imho) then know you can use the "SaveFixer" in the OP if you wish to use your SanchoMod saves inside a virgin VN. Just remember to delete the file if you later mod the VN or the mod will likely self-destruct... or something.

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
I'm never going to have a weekend off again, am I? :ROFLMAO:

Well, first thing's first. I have to update the mod core itself to the latest before I even start porting the scripts. It's gonna be a long night after an already long day. For those that can't wait (I'm telling you I won't rush this title, it deserves TLC imho) then know you can use the "SaveFixer" in the OP if you wish to use your SanchoMod saves inside a virgin VN. Just remember to delete the file if you later mod the VN or the mod will likely self-destruct... or something.
tried the save fixer file and cant load my saves, idk if it has to something with drifty updating to renpy 8 or that the savefixer file doesnt work in my case..

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
tried the save fixer file and cant load my saves, idk if it has to something with drifty updating to renpy 8 or that the savefixer file doesnt work in my case..
If it threw a traceback file please attach it for me and let me look. I need to resolve that first and foremost I reckon. R8 shouldn't bork it but I'm guessing without eyeballing the exact errors thrown.

bane01

Jan 11, 2017
Worked for me on saves with chapter summary screen. Save when you have the screen with all girls and choices you made and apply save fixer. That it ofc if u still have previous version of the game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Whatever script chapter your save is loading from has changed in a more than normal way, so the dev must have made quite a bit of edits. Try another save or load that save in VN-Ch7, progress a bit further (best at the end or beginning of chapters in this case), save, and try to load that new save in Ch8 with the SaveFixer. I'll increase the rollback instances in the mod update to help keep more saves than the fixer alone can handle.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Quick question Sancho, if I do non modded new playthrough (I've replayed the game often enough I could play it in my sleep) and then add the mod pre chapter 8, will the mod "kick in"?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quick question Sancho, if I do non modded new playthrough (I've replayed the game often enough I could play it in my sleep) and then add the mod pre chapter 8, will the mod "kick in"?
Of course. You never have to start a playthrough with the mod although I usually recommend it but it's optional. You can generally add the mod anytime you wish... it doesn't care and will always pickup all your stats automatically and carry forward with the dynamic guide as if you had the mod installed the whole time.
Also, I've said it in other threads, but really, thanks for doing this!!!
Your sincerely welcome.

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
Worked for me on saves with chapter summary screen. Save when you have the screen with all girls and choices you made and apply save fixer. That it ofc if u still have previous version of the game.
worked, thank you !

thank god i had acces to the ch 7 download :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You're a victim of your own success mate. Your mods are too good for us to not want them. But I'm pretty sure the majority of us know they are well worth the wait. Also we do appreciate all the time & effort that you put into them. So thanks again. :)(y)
Thank you for the kind words brother. Sincerely appreciated.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I do think that this is a game worth waiting for. I slept on it for a long time and now that I finally played it and I love it it is coming to an end. Meanwhile, the shitty games last forever :cry: Take your time Sancho. You are postponing my sadness.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes