Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Sancho, would you mind me dissecting you code to understand you coding process?

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
So before i take this game up again, how many branching path's are there?
And which ones are there?
Figured I'd better ask here as i assume you have dissected the game by now :p
There is one path per LI, plus a kinda secret "Holly" path. So: CeCe, Stephanie, Lexi, Robin, what's her name (the LI of Robin), Linda.... I think that's all.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I really wish Drifty hadn't gone R8 out of the blue for this update. It's fucking up the ChoiceGuide "bigly". I'm going to take a break and grab some dinner (won't be long before it's midnight here) and I haven't eaten since b-fast. That'll give me time to clear my head and sort this out.

Asheath

Jan 23, 2021
I really wish Drifty hadn't gone R8 out of the blue for this update. It's fucking up the ChoiceGuide "bigly". I'm going to take a break and grab some dinner (won't be long before it's midnight here) and I haven't eaten since b-fast. That'll give me time to clear my head and sort this out.
Take your time, no rush, I'm torn between sad and happy about the game being over so I don't mind waiting couple days before ending it..

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Don't forget the whiskey... :KEK:

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Same, in spite of me wanting to play. I'll happily wait for your mod to finish. Also, I'm moving back to Hickory NC so won't have internet till tomorrow night at earliest

Reactions: Kaasje404

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
It's always bitter sweet when a game comes to an end, especially one has high quality as this game has been. I stopped playing it around the end of chapter 5, and decided to wait for a few more chapters without realizing that chapter 8 would be the game's ending.
Can't wait for your updated mod for the entire game. I always seemed to struggle trying different routes but seemingly ending up with cece every time, of course that was without any walkthrough or mod back when chapter 5 had just come out at the time. I am wondering if the mod includes all the paths to each of the love interests? thanks in advance for your mod Sancho, much appreciated.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, y'all know I'm not going to rush a finale for this VN and I'm a bit bummed it's ending as well....but really kinda sour that I'm wasting time fighting code issues instead of adding in new features. It was just one more update, why change RenPy versions now of all the times to do it? Ugh. Long-story short is that he originally made the choice menu code from a way outdated type and I just hybrid his original when I first started modding it. Now half my code is Python 3 and some other portions are various Python 2 variants. I'm having to play conductor to make this orchestra stay in time... so to speak. I'll sort it, but again I'd rather be spending the time doing the fun stuff. We'll get there. Don't let this post depress ya... I always come through (to date).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
...I am wondering if the mod includes all the paths to each of the love interests? thanks in advance for your mod Sancho, much appreciated.
Indeed it does. But SanchoMod is so much more than a "walkthrough"... Since you seem to be new to the brand I'll let you discover all the features for yourself... it's more fun that way imho.

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Well, y'all know I'm not going to rush a finale for this VN and I'm a bit bummed it's ending as well....but really kinda sour that I'm wasting time fighting code issues instead of adding in new features. It was just one more update, why change RenPy versions now of all the times to do it? Ugh. Long-story short is that he originally made the choice menu code from a way outdated type and I just hybrid his original when I first started modding it. Now half my code is Python 3 and some other portions are various Python 2 variants. I'm having to play conductor to make this orchestra stay in time... so to speak. I'll sort it, but again I'd rather be spending the time doing the fun stuff. We'll get there. Don't let this post depress ya... I always come through (to date).
Seems that it's gonna take a lot of work. Take your time Sancho, your mods are always worth the wait.:BootyTime:

Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck me. It's after 0200 hours here so I'm going to grab a nap.... but I sorted the dynamic ChoiceGuide issue. I found the culprit code working against me deep in some subfolders Drifty has. The code is obsolete but for a few hours became the bane of my existence.

The evil code block with confirmed weapons of mass destruction:
Python:
def menu_override(items, set_expr, args, kwargs, item_arguments):
    items = [ (renpy.exports.substitute(label) + (" (disabled)" if not renpy.python.py_eval(condition) else ""), "True", value)
        for label, condition, value in items ]
    return renpy.display.get_info().oldmenu(items, set_expr)
That fucking code was sucking up my args and kwargs and not giving them back. What a needle in a haystack. But it's been obliterated to oblivion with prejudice.

Also, the limo song was taken out and left blank (literally no music at all) in this update (Drifty lost the licenses to almost all the in-game music). So I sorted that nonsense too (fuck a license). It'll work as it originally did in previous updates. I find this one mandatory since the scene is semi-synchronized to the song:

It was this in this update with no audio (song) at all:
1662794408909.png

Now it's back to this as originally done before including the correct song:
1662794459849.png

See y'all in the morning (well, later this morning). Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Fuck me. It's after 0200 hours here so I'm going to grab a nap.... but I sorted the dynamic ChoiceGuide issue. I found the culprit code working against me deep in some subfolders Drifty has. The code is obsolete but for a few hours became the bane of my existence.

The evil code block with confirmed weapons of mass destruction:
Python:
def menu_override(items, set_expr, args, kwargs, item_arguments):
    items = [ (renpy.exports.substitute(label) + (" (disabled)" if not renpy.python.py_eval(condition) else ""), "True", value)
        for label, condition, value in items ]
    return renpy.display.get_info().oldmenu(items, set_expr)
That fucking code was sucking up my args and kwargs and not giving them back. What a needle in a haystack. But it's been obliterated to oblivion with prejudice.

Also, the limo song was taken out and left blank (literally no music at all) in this update (Drifty lost the licenses to almost all the in-game music). So I sorted that nonsense too (fuck a license). It'll work as it originally did in previous updates. I find this one mandatory since the scene is semi-synchronized to the song:

It was this in this update with no audio (song) at all:
View attachment 2034936

Now it's back to this as originally done before including the correct song:
View attachment 2034938

See y'all in the morning (well, later this morning). Regards.
That's fine, I still get plenty more to play tonight, so no biggie here. Hopefully you get some good sleep, and could work on this later, and then maybe the sleep will help.

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Take your time with it. I'll be ready to test it on Steam as soon it's available. Thank you for the great work you do

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes