Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
BTW Sancho1969 after ur done, or when taking another coffee break, i just gave you a kickass review. hope you'll enjoy it, for I Too love shenanigans :D

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
WHAT?! A review after literally tens of thousands of DLs :ROFLMAO: :p. Appreciated sir, as always.
I was going to give you a review but for some reason there isn't an option to... Oh wait there's a mod around here as well? Well isn't Sancho1969 Just the gift that keeps on giving? I mean coffee, a show and a Mod? Will the wonders never cease?

You just keep up at your own pace which always seems break neck to me :eek:

Reactions: Riggnarock

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I wasn't going to give a review. Because everytime I do, whether it's positive or negative, I get deleted and sometimes warned. So, no review for you! You already know my thoughts on your mods, bro.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Missing audio files exception error... minimization.

A quick post that you should bookmark for later. Due to Drifty losing most of the previous in-game music licenses when you load old saves (whether using the mod or spent your whole life Sancho-free unmodded) you will run across this type of error on most saves that had music playing while the save file was created and later trying to load it inside v1.0:
1662823581779.png
Easy fix:
  • I'd supply it with the mod but all the music is ~300mb so fuck that... you can do it yourself. From the uncompressed version of Ch7, copy the 7 music RPA files, specifically: audio01.rpa thru audio07.rpa​
  • Paste those files inside v1.0's "game" folder. Don't worry, it won't overwrite the new music as it's all contained in one file named "audio.rpa" (see, it's a different file name, Drifty knows what's up).​
  • Note to the above... if you only have the Ch7 compressed version of the VN then copy the "audio" directory from it and paste it inside v1.0's "game" folder. It will have the same effect.​
  • Now when you load those old saves with the missing file exception error they will load (rolling back of course since RenPy is pissed off about all the changes) and you'll load error-free... and bonus, the old music file will likely play as well until the new code kicks in and changes it to the newest song.​
Regards.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
SanchoNote

Missing audio files exception error... minimization.

A quick post that you should bookmark for later. Due to Drifty losing most of the previous in-game music licenses when you load old saves (whether using the mod or spent your whole life Sancho-free unmodded) you will run across this type of error on most saves that had music playing while the save file was created and later trying to load it inside v1.0:
Easy fix:
  • I'd supply it with the mod but all the music is ~300mb so fuck that... you can do it yourself. From the uncompressed version of Ch7, copy the 7 music RPA files, specifically: audio01.rpa thru audio07.rpa​
  • Paste those files inside v1.0's "game" folder. Don't worry, it won't overwrite the new music as it's all contained in one file named "audio.rpa" (see, it's a different file name, Drifty knows what's up).​
  • Note to the above... if you only have the Ch7 compressed version of the VN then copy the "audio" directory from it and paste it inside v1.0's "game" folder. It will have the same effect.​
  • Now when you load those old saves with the missing file exception error they will load (rolling back of course since RenPy is pissed off about all the changes) and you'll load error-free... and bonus, the old music file will likely play as well until the new code kicks in and changes it to the newest song.​
Regards.
Could you please somehow provide the files? I know you said it's 300mb. that's nothing in filesize though.

I don't have a copy of CH7 and I don't want to download that just for some rpa files.

Reactions: JennaJJ

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Could you please somehow provide the files? I know you said it's 300mb. that's nothing in filesize though.

I don't have a copy of CH7 and I don't want to download that just for some rpa files.
Get a head start... get Ch6 compressed here and you'll have 6 of 7. I'll hook you up with #7 separately if needed. I'm in the middle of the national forest currently and uploading 300mb would take an eternity on basically dialup bandwidth.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I think I'll wait...
Hopefully a kind soul will upload them here or in the main thread.
I'm sure there will be more people who need those files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think I'll wait...
Hopefully a kind soul will upload them here or in the main thread.
I'm sure there will be more people who need those files.
I duplicated the post on the VN's thread since the fix is really not about the mod... it's effects all players. With that it will get more eyeballs and you're likely correct... someone will package those seven files up... then take all the credit :ROFLMAO:. I don't care really, I just don't want to see the playerbase running around like chickens with their heads cuttoff like they currently are. Gotta get these damn ducks in a row...

Doing so is certainly eating into my update time though. I gotta get back on that... but the dang save file loading bugs are crazy with all these rollbacks. I've upped the limit even higher in the pending mod update than the file fix I posted in the VN last night. It captures almost all old save now but there are a few that just are broken... smaller percentage though out of my sample pool of literally ~100 files.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Get a head start... get Ch6 compressed here and you'll have 6 of 7. I'll hook you up with #7 separately if needed. I'm in the middle of the national forest currently and uploading 300mb would take an eternity on basically dialup bandwidth.
Want me to package them up and share it here for you, bro?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Audio01 - 07.rpa files:

Sorry, I don't know exactly which files to nab and recompress them, so here's the entirety of the audio RPAs from v0.7.

(quite large file)
No....just no. Wrong. Remove it bud... you'll fuck folks up

I appreciate you trying to help but this is not the way bud. Just the 7 RPA's, nothing else. Remember thousands of folks will need to rely on it and I don't need to be being their technical service representative when they fuck it all up. Gotta keep it simple... and much smaller in file size. See what I'm getting at?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Want me to package them up and share it here for you, bro?
Can you bud? You know the exact files I speak of... it will be ~340mb of the 7 RPA's or ~500mb with the "audio" directory. The 7 RPA's are best for the general public as it minimizes confusion and bandwidth at the same time.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
OH I've been there, Wolf! ><

Hopefully someone will get the use for that HUGE file! :ROFLMAO:

And someone have the compressed version laying around, as I never bothered with with em, as I'm a dummy paying for mega! :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No probs! ><
Done!

I would've repacked, if I knew which audiofiles within the RPAs exactly, like mentioned. ><
Thank you. I edited my post to you here. Check it out. Let me know if questions. You don't have to repackage anything. Just zip the 7 RPA's: "audio01.rpa" thru "audio07.rpa"

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes