Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

xXESOTERICXx

Feb 18, 2020
Good morning. Got it, checked it out, yep the code is in there all over the place. This might be a chore. Please feel free to edit your post and remove your attachment as there's no more need for it now that I can see what's what. Regards.

Edit: Mod revised to be compatible, link updated in the OP. This "v0.7.0s" version has many grammatical and bug fixes. I recommend all users update to this newest version of the mod (it's compatible regardless of platform). Also, if you are looking for your original saves, copy them over as it places them into a different directory under AppData.
Done. Thank you so much for your time and hard work in fixing this!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mod Update: Revised to be Steam compatible, link updated in the OP. This "v0.7.0s" version has many grammatical and bug fixes. I recommend all users update to this newest version of the mod (it's compatible regardless of platform). Also, if you are looking for your original saves, copy them over as it places them into a different directory under AppData.

My thanks to xXESOTERICXx

shinya21

Jan 11, 2022
1645504175148.png
Sorry, this might be stupid questions but where to get to this page? And how to unlock the gallery.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 1667619
Sorry, this might be stupid questions but where to get to this page? And how to unlock the gallery.
Good evening. Well, it's simple really. The second pic in the OP (what you have there is the third) shows the "SanchoGallery" button. From the main menu click "SanchoMod", then click "SanchoGallery", done. The VN has no gallery to unlock, this is a custom scene gallery coded by yours truly and is NOT locked. Let me know if that's not clear. Regards.

shinya21

Jan 11, 2022
Good evening. Well, it's simple really. The second pic in the OP (what you have there is the third) shows the "SanchoGallery" button. From the main menu click "SanchoMod", then click "SanchoGallery", done. The VN has no gallery to unlock, this is a custom scene gallery coded by yours truly and is NOT locked. Let me know if that's not clear. Regards.
Noted, thank you so much for the quick reply :)

oldstrange

Jan 12, 2022
In the beginning of chapter 4 there is always an error. I try full new install, but this does not help.
So I try to use a new install, but then it was not possible to use the saves. So I installed the "SanchoModUninstalled-SaveFileFix.rar" to use the saves. But then the same error appear:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/variables.rpy", line 247, in menu_override
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1019, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1021, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1022, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1023, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1024, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1025, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1025, in <module>
NameError: name 'caption' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script04.rpyc", line 458, in script
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "game/scripts/variables.rpy", line 247, in menu_override
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/exports.py", line 1060, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/exports.py", line 1296, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "/home/virt/Schreibtisch/LeapofFaith-0.7.0c-mod/renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1021, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1022, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1023, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1024, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1025, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod LoF Ch7.rpy", line 1025, in <module>

Linux-5.13.0-35-generic-x86_64-with-debian-11.0
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Leap of Faith 0.7.0c
Thu Mar 17 15:17:11 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In the beginning of chapter 4 there is always an error. I try full new install, but this does not help.
So I try to use a new install, but then it was not possible to use the saves. So I installed the "SanchoModUninstalled-SaveFileFix.rar" to use the saves. But then the same error appear:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Linux-5.13.0-35-generic-x86_64-with-debian-11.0
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Leap of Faith 0.7.0c
Thu Mar 17 15:17:11 2022
From what chapter are those saves from? Where you running some other mod? See, "caption" in not a named variable that requires to be defined, it is the actual choices in the base VN. This error has nothing to do with SanchoMod. You will have that same error (with the same save file) running a clean install of the VN (unmodded). The error is from base code which shouldn't be possible unless your save is really old (from a version that the dev used a different menu choice code structure).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update (non-critical):

Links in the OP are updated. I've added the newest SanchoMod core code to keep it current, tweaked some of the GUI, rewrote the gallery transitions and other tweaks, etc. Enjoy.

Reactions: kamikazenh

Tac0caT

Jul 16, 2018
Thank you so much for the excellent mod!!

May I suggest using "variable >= 5" in place of "variable (5+)" and similarly "variable <= 5"?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you so much for the excellent mod!!

May I suggest using "variable >= 5" in place of "variable (5+)" and similarly "variable <= 5"?
I hear you bud, I actually used to do exactly that... I changed during the more variable intensive code to conserve space. In the current form of dynamic ChoiceGuide code it's all about efficiency. What I personally realized is that once you start to quickly realize what the legend is between say: (+1) or (1+) as "adds one" or "one plus" it's extremely efficient in both playing and coding. TBH I do it for space, there's only so much info I can place in the limited area. BaD mod is a prime example (amongst others) that get to the point of information overload so efficiency became a priority for me personally. I hope that explains where I'm coming from but I do understand your view... it's exactly where I was at on my first RenPy mods (I was used to coding PC commercial titles where I had more freedom). Regards and thank you for your input, sincerely.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tac0caT

Tac0caT

Jul 16, 2018
Many thanks for taking then time to explain your reasoning! That totally makes sense.

As you said, it's quite efficient once you realize what it means, but that first time I started playing after the mod I was confused and had to look you the first post again to realize, okay yeah 5+ is a check, +5 is a change.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Many thanks for taking then time to explain your reasoning! That totally makes sense.

As you said, it's quite efficient once you realize what it means, but that first time I started playing after the mod I was confused and had to look you the first post again to realize, okay yeah 5+ is a check, +5 is a change.
Another somewhat controversial SanchoMod first (others are starting to copy from me exactly the things you bring up) is the use of consistent proper acronyms such as "req" for "required" and "rcmd" for "recommend" etc. The more you use the mod on the various titles it's available many have found that without it a simple green-colored highlight or a "+1" for example just feels like a word instead of a sentence if that makes sense. The point I had to adapt to is modifying my personal-use mods for the masses which meant me being creative in VN "shorthand" that we could all quickly learn to accept and understand.

Anyway I'm yammering but I appreciate your kind words, and know that the mod continuously evolves at its core so it will (hopefully) only improve over time, as represented by my latest public releases. Thanks again.

Mitsu80

Jan 30, 2019
what does "submenu" mean in some of the choices? and thank you for the amazing and high quality mod as always

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
what does "submenu" mean in some of the choices? and thank you for the amazing and high quality mod as always
Good evening. Tbh it means exactly that... when selecting that particular choice a "sub choice" menu eventually becomes available that would otherwise NOT be available if that "Submenu" choice was not selected.

Think this way. A hypothetical example has 2 choices "A" and "B". "A" displays "Submenu" while "B" does not. If the player chooses "A" then they will be eventually be presented with a sub choice that may/may not lead to other variable awards. Choosing "B" does not allow access to A's sub choice menu selection.

Graphically that would appear as such:
Code:
"A (Submenu)"  <--- Main Choice 1
blah, blah

"A1"       <--- Submenu Choice 1
    blah, blah

"A2"       <--- Submenu Choice 2
    blah, blah

"B"            <--- Main Choice 2
blah, blah
blah, blah
Make sense? Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitsu80

Mitsu80

Jan 30, 2019
Good evening. Tbh it means exactly that... when selecting that particular choice a "sub choice" menu eventually becomes available that would otherwise NOT be available if that "Submenu" choice was not selected.

Think this way. A hypothetical example has 2 choices "A" and "B". "A" displays "Submenu" while "B" does not. If the player chooses "A" then they will be eventually be presented with a sub choice that may/may not lead to other variable awards. Choosing "B" does not allow access to A's sub choice menu selection.

Graphically that would appear as such:
Code:
"A (Submenu)"  <--- Main Choice 1
blah, blah

"A1"       <--- Submenu Choice 1
    blah, blah

"A2"       <--- Submenu Choice 2
    blah, blah

"B"            <--- Main Choice 2
blah, blah
blah, blah
Make sense? Regards.
makes sense thank you!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well folks, as of today I've updated just about everything else in my public catalog except our beloved title here. FWIW I'm going to pull out all of my current stop as I want this upgrade to the newest SanchoMod to be special an meaningful... that means with a purpose and not "just because I can". I can hopefully take my time during this Core port update to make the hundreds of minor tweaks and customization down to the last pixel. The only thing I can see that will throw a wrench into that progress is other titles I'm now obligated to as well having updates before I'm done with the port. I'll keep y'all posted on pertinent info and for your input if something is undecided. We'll add the features and additions that we as a group feel will benefit the title according to majority rules. Regards and be well until then.

nickg420

Apr 25, 2021
I still cannot get chapter 7 working on my Mac. Does anyone have a Chapter 7 full game Mac version?

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes