VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Leap of Faith [Ch. 8 v1.0.3] [DriftyGames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DoOver

Why do I like this game?
    • I love how the faces and skin tones of each model are attractive/sexy yet very different (no re-using the same model's face but simply changing out the hair style).
      • Con: With that said though their tits & asses all look the same size though...
    • Some great funny and fun moments.
    • You care about the characters and appreciate the friendships, especially between M.C. and Chris.
    • Plenty of girl 'types' to focus one's relationship on. For example, you can focus on a love/physical relationship with the girl who needs to be rescued; with the pop-star who never had a childhood; with your own childhood/high school friend, an old flame, etc.
    • No grinding!
    • No mini-games that require specific dexterity checks or timing
    • A semi-linear story that allows for some choices but also keeps things moving forward without being overly complex.
    4.5 stars!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Cedo0099

That's a great game according to me. It has some flaws that cost it the last star but honestly giving it a 5 stars won't be a scandal!

1: The characters are what make it so special according to me! We get to be intimate with all of them, they seem quite real and human. Nice work

2: the graphs are one of the points not perfect for me. Some characters are awesome and so beautiful and some are quite meuh/average... I think about kira for exemple, linda and robin too are lower level than others. The MC is quite handsome but i got chocked when he says his age at chapter 5.... That's BS.

3: The story is interesting but too short for me, it is a little bit too much condensed. I got issue with the chapter 4 and the choice the game ask you to do. It seems too rush out, too soon! I didn't want to choose so soon :( I whish i could have fun a little before making any choice at all. Having fun or discovering a little more the characters. I don't see if i'm clear but that was too soon.

4: This one is a big NO for me, the side quest are so difficult to complete without walkthrough. I missed so much content and i have searched for hints in the games to make them. That's a shame. I think there is work to do in this area to make them more obvious. In fact, that's not a life or death matters but it made me so furious and frustrated so that was THE reason i give this game 4 stars and not the 5 it can deserves. If you need an example, i think about the pin code of the robin's phone. I'm sure it is hers nickname's number but i couldn't make it or even try it...

5 The musics: they are awesome, well chosen and all. Congrats that is brilliant!

6: Replayability: Not really great this game have a BIG BIG choice out of the blue but the rest is correct.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Moonywb

I've only reviewed a few games, ones that stick out. This one...

Just wow....

the character development, story, re-playability, and the fact you ACTUALLY feel empathy for some of the characters!

I look forward to the updates and any other projects you bring forth. Many props and you have my subscription!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MyUserName1234

Cool and super game and a really good story
    Waiting for the future updates
    One of the my favourite and best stories i ever played
    The characters are also coola and the images and renders are awesome and I like to see more in the future
    Please add NTR in future Please
  5. 5.00 star(s)

venomousgamer

I am playing this again and must say developer has done a wonderful job on the renders and adnimation. Very well done and I enjoyed the story a lot as well just playing second run with Cece as my main girl. Had run with Lexi the first time around. Ah this is fun can't wait for the final release so that I can finish the story in a go.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

UserNed

Got it all! Characters that you can give a damn about; plot twists and drama; comedy and general goofiness; excellent music mixed with the scenes and smooth animations of beautiful women.

I'm sure there are flaws and shortcomings, but I just can't think of any at the moment. Oh, yeah. I kinda thought that Cece should have smaller, perky tits (person pref), but I love her anyway.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

aleexx

this game is simply awesome . it neatly balanced the emotions the adult scenes and the relation between the people even the music is great . Everything in this game is perfect . I recommend this game for surely
  8. 5.00 star(s)

xerroxi

I'm not sure about this VN, the artwork is among the best here, the different characters offer some choices and the music fit the situations.
    A bit worried about the story, but thats just my taste.
    And is it just me or does the MC look a bit stoned most of the time?

So that would sum for a 4/5

But...then the sunset cameo killed it for me ... 5/5
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

[ch5]

I liked the game quite a lot. Arts is good. LIs are likeable and interesting. MC is actually likeable as well (which for me is uncommon in such games).
    Writing is good (but not fantastic). It is a VN, so not too much gameplay, but so far the choices feel quite satisfyingly meaningful (have not checked whether they really make any difference, though)

Weak point, for me, is the story.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

maver!ck

Just finished ch 5. Here are my thoughts about this game.

Good:
    -hot women
    -great story
    -great renders and animations
    -hot sex scenes
    -MC is not a cuckold
    -MC does not share or whore out the girls
    -the player's choices matter on how the story goes
    -the player has full control over the MC's actions and who to have sex with

Bad:
    -can't think of any, aside from the difficulty in choosing who to pursue (Steph, Lexi and Cece really makes this a hard choice for me)

It seems like the story still has a lot more chapters to go but there is already a lot of content which is good. I'm giving this game 5 stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

CCrusader

This is not a game, it's an art. The music, the story, and the renders are extremely good. The best thing about this game in my opinion is the music and the story. Even if you don't like story-based games, trust me. This is different!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

mgmomo

Awesome!
    Really great work, I never played anything like that.
    Finally a game with history, a lot of content. Not just about fucking, but also about feelings. Good work!
    Thanks to the game developer, this game is already my favorite.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

YouKnowDean

The first thing I do when I start a new VN is mute all sounds, since I'm ususally listening to something else. For some reason when replaying this last version I left the music on for a while and enjoyed it so much, that I'm convinced the game is built around it.

I think other reviews mention enough what else is great about the game, so I'll just say that the music and it's integration not only into the scenes but also the story itself is great and I wholeheartedly recommend it.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Z2

Really fun VN without all the overt big boobs 'n butts, just real (OK, completely made up, but they would be real if they werent completely made up) people story lines , great sense of humour (either that or my sense of humour is as cracked as yours), fantastic music, really decent graphics / models - don't change a thing!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Gmascia

Unquestionably, Leap Of Fait is in my personal top 5 of AVNs, as regards graphics, music, plot, storytelling, humor and romance. Without spoiling the readers, I can only say that I have reached chapter 5 and I can't wait to continue with the next chapter. Drifty, congratulations and I'm just thinking of supporting you on Patreon. Keep it up!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

LazyLamb

Hey you. Yes, you! Do you want to experience an AVN that connects you to the characters in a way that you feel what they feel, laugh when they laugh and cry when they cry? Well, look no further!

Leap of Faith is one those rare experiences where it's clearly visible that it was made out of true passion and love. Amazing diverse cast of characters (mainly women, mind you) with unique personalities, gorgeous visuals, and a heartfelt story create an immersive experience that will leave you hungry for more. And more...and more.

Definitely recommended to anyone who's looking for an amazing experience with quality renders, story and music.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

TsunamiKata

I'm fairly new to the AVN world and this is one of those games that caught my attention when I browsed through the pages. This game combined a good dose of humor with a strong storyline and really great music scores that accents the overall quality of the games. This is definitely one of the top 5 games that I've played thus far and it can only improve from there. I can't wait to see this being rendered on 30x0 graphic cards with added intricate details, it'll make the game pop even more.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a great game.

Enjoy.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

gcjellyfish

I don't generally like to review unfinished games. But Leap of Faith is something very, very special. It's a game with lovely renders, beautiful characters, and with a music soundtrack that combines with the story and the visuals to grab you by the feels.

This is not a fuck-fest game. It is story driven, and you rapidly grow to care about the cast as the adventure unfolds. When I play this game, I do so with a massive grin of my face. It makes this grumpy old bastard feel genuine joy.

All of that makes the sex scenes far more engaging than you typically find with VN's. There are very few games that elicit an emotional response like Leap of Faith does. I thoroughly recommend this game for anyone who enjoys story-focused AVN's.

Thank you for this awesome experience Drifty!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ExoticTitan

I've been a fan ever since the 0.1, this was probably the game that really got me into the actual community of AVN games and not just scrolling through the latest updates to find new stuff to play.

The renders are good, the writing is excellent and the characters are all super well done. There is humour, there is sadness, and there are just lots of good times to be had in this game. Cece in particular I think is really well done as she is a "broken" character that we get to help make whole again. Even if you dont want to get romantically involved with her and chase one of the other excellent girls, the friendship route with Cece is really well done. Drifty's writing makes you care about each character, even when you dont really want to like certain characters ;)

All in all this is definitely one of the best games out there imo and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

Version Played: Ch.5 v0.5.1c

Time to Complete: 5-6 hours

TL;DR: A truly incredible game where you can feel the dedication and passion that the dev has put into their work with characters that are among the most real I've ever seen.

[5/5] Characters: This game doesn't focus too much on telling a wider story. Instead, it focuses on your relationships with the characters and that is where this game truly shines. The characters here are among the most real I've ever seen, each having a unique personality and behavior, feeling real. You feel true and deep-rooted empathy for many of them, and emotions are portrayed flawlessly.

[4.5/5] Renders: For the vast majority of cases, they're beautiful, but not all renders are built equal. While it is clear that a great deal of effort has been put into making them as great as possible, they're still within the limits of whatever PC the dev has. While these do not affect all renders, the two issues I noted were low resolution textures and empty feeling scenes.

[+5/5 Music]: No expense has been spared when it comes to music. There's clearly been a ton of time spent curating and licensing music.

[*] Final Note: This is one of those games where you can not only see, but also feel the love and passion that the dev has put into this project and I highly respect them for that.