binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
That's your hang up.

My hang up is that he's 24, she's been gone for two years, they were together for nearly 3 years, they met a couple months after his 17th birthday and she left him on prom night.

The story is fantastic. I consciously ignore my hang up.
I totally agree (maybe not to the point that I wouldn't give her another chance) but that's why I think it wouldn't lock the player in if the decision came after the reveal. Would still be very likely that the MC couldn't forgive because she didn't trust him with the truth. Or that she let him suffer (pretty drastically with a broken heart and a literal shit job) for two years in the dark.

I think Cece and some of the other girls are good choices but your right that my "hangup" is that it locks you in so early to who you said you liked. I mean when I made the choice I thought, "Well it's not like I'm saying I'm in love with her so no big deal!" :LOL:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I totally agree (maybe not to the point that I wouldn't give her another chance) but that's why I think it wouldn't lock the player in if the decision came after the reveal. Would still be very likely that the MC couldn't forgive because she didn't trust him with the truth. Or that she let him suffer (pretty drastically with a broken heart and a literal shit job) for two years in the dark.

I think Cece and some of the other girls are good choices but your right that my "hangup" is that it locks you in so early to who you said you liked. I mean when I made the choice I thought, "Well it's not like I'm saying I'm in love with her so no big deal!" :LOL:
Oh, I totally would give her another chance ... when I'm playing it as her story. One of my favorite scenes is them texting in the middle of the night (and the middle of her Holly conversation) when you choose her, 'cause you can't let her go, especially now that you have new information.

Just the fact that you CAN choose her before knowing the full story -- for me -- validates the timing of the choice.

But I also think that's the point of the choice in the first place. You're not just choosing who the MC is falling in love with, you're choosing whose story you want to experience. There is no wrong answer here. Your way of looking at it is just as valid as mine.

As for "good choices," I definitely have favorites, but I don't think any of them are "bad" choices.

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
Just the fact that you CAN choose her before knowing the full story -- for me -- validates the timing of the choice.
Honestly I can only imagine choosing her before the reveal now that I know the full story. If I'm in love with a woman and she ghosts me and shows up two years later married to someone else there's no way in hell I would ever take her back!

Reactions: Ukghar

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Honestly I can only imagine choosing her before the reveal now that I know the full story. If I'm in love with a woman and she ghosts me and shows up two years later married to someone else there's no way in hell I would ever take her back!
The first time I played, I couldn't decide between Cece and Lexi ... until he read the letter. I still went with Lexi, but the letter changed how I felt about her story.

Reactions: Grif1001

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
The first time I played, I couldn't decide between Cece and Lexi ... until he read the letter. I still went with Lexi, but the letter changed how I felt about her story.
The letter was pretty vague and didn't mention that the marriage was fake. I'm a one strike and you're out guy when it comes to cheating. And also didn't like that she said she was keeping me in the dark to keep me safe. I have the traditional view that's it's the man's role to protect the woman so the letter only lost points with me. I read it as "I'm fucking and marrying this guy but it's to keep you safe."

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
But we do know the details. They just turn out to be wrong, but only after we already made the choice.

...Steph is struggling just as much as the PC. This reveal pretty much disqualifies every other LI.
Ok, Point of Clarification... If you "know the details" but the details are wrong, then you don't actually know the details.

The fact that you don't learn all of the details until after you make a pivotal, sometimes irrevocable decision, well, that just life. So, yeah, you're palying a hyper cathartic game that has suicide as one of it's core driving factors, and you're complaining that its not fair that you find out that the girl you gave up on actually sacrificed everything because she really did love you, and as a reward for her sacrifice, you moved on to someone else. Sorry, but again, thats life.
IMHO It's actually more true to life that someone moves on while someone else still cares for them, than it is that an adult woman posed as a teen and found out that a high school kid was her soulmate. In reality, as a federal agent, Steph would probably have been found guilty of statutory rape and sent to prison not witness relocation. Even though you don't actually play it, only see it as a flashback, unless he was an 18 year old senior at the time, then Steph and the MC having sex in the alley would actually be Steph breaking the law. So, yeah, I didn't think of it untill just now, but its possible that Steph is guilty of Child Abuse and might ought to be a registered sex offender... I'm gonna just assume that, as a government agent, she waited till he was 18 before having sex with him, but still, to be an agent she should have finished her bachlors degree, and so would be somewhere in her mid twenties, 4 to 5 years older than him... not trying to destroy the story, I LOVE this game, I'm just pointing out that every route can be picked apart if we try hard enough. It's not about finding the "true route". It's about the dev working hard to give each route it's own enjoyable story.

Also, If the reveal that Steph struggled disqualifies the other love intrests, the only reason that would be is because Steph and the MC were together prior to him meeting the other girls. However, if thats the case, then logically it would only follow that the fact that the MC was with Linda PRIOR to Steph, AND that Linda struggled with the MC and Steph getting together because Linda still loved the MC; Linda's reveal of her feelings to the MC at Lexi's house when you get the "Go For It" option would then actually disqualify Steph's route, because Linda came first and ALWAYS loved the MC.

So, yeah, the Steph route only disqualifies the other love intrests if you are on the Steph route.
Just like Linda disqualifies Steph when you are on the Linda route, and CeCe disqualifies all the othe love interests when you are on her route just by the deep connection that the MC has with her.
It is posible to feel strong love for someone and even be hung up on them for a long time until sudenly someone else comes into your life who fills you with newer, stronger love than you ever felt with the other person. When that happens, the previous lover suddenly returning and telling you that they sill love you doesn't mean that you throw away the newer, stronger happiness that you found, just because things weren't fair before.

How is that fair to the new love intrest, the one who hasn't left you, who hasn't kept secrets from you, the one who didn't build your entire relationship on a lie?

I'm not hating on Steph, she is like my 4th favorite ending, but personally, I don't buy the idea that her suffering invalidates all the other routes.

I believe that each route has value and should be played, and for the most part, no matter which route you play, the girls you don't choose turn out ok.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
The letter was pretty vague and didn't mention that the marriage was fake. I'm a one strike and you're out guy when it comes to cheating. And also didn't like that she said she was keeping me in the dark to keep me safe. I have the traditional view that's it's the man's role to protect the woman so the letter only lost points with me. I read it as "I'm fucking and marrying this guy but it's to keep you safe."
FYI, On Steph's path, she does actually state that she never had sex with anyone other than the MC.

Also, am I the only one who was so pissed off that she ghosted him that I chose to be angry at her and leave and have her throw her shoe at me insted of screwing her and jumping out the window on my first play through. If you dont have sex, you don't even know that she is "maried" to Melvin until much later. Not till after the letter when you meet her in the bar and she tells you it was her cover... which is why the letter doesnt say that the mariage is fake, because their is only one version of the letter, but various options for what the MC knows when he reads it. It's actually easier to love her (mentally) if you don't have sex with her when she takes you home from the club.

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
The fact that you don't learn all of the details until after you make a pivotal, sometimes irrevocable decision, well, that just life.
Because that's totally how life works. It's an "irrevocable decision" to say I like a girl I met two days ago more than a girl who I think is a cheating whore?! lmao

In real life you'd be like, "Yeah Cece seems great and all but now that I know the truth there's no way I can choose a girl I met a few days ago over all the history Steph and I have." IMHO ;)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
FYI, On Steph's path, she does actually state that she never had sex with anyone other than the MC.

Also, am I the only one who was so pissed off that she ghosted him that I chose to be angry at her and leave and have her throw her shoe at me insted of screwing her and jumping out the window on my first play through. If you dont have sex, you don't even know that she is "maried" to Melvin until much later. Not till after the letter when you meet her in the bar and she tells you it was her cover... which is why the letter doesnt say that the mariage is fake, because their is only one version of the letter, but various options for what the MC knows when he reads it. It's actually easier to love her (mentally) if you don't have sex with her when she takes you home from the club.
I played this way the second time through (before chap 5 came out) ... but if you don't have sex Chris tells you he saw the ring when the girls are shopping.

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
I played this way the second time through (before chap 5 came out) ... but if you don't have sex Chris tells you he saw the ring when the girls are shopping.
Interesting. Yeah I thought about rejecting her but gave her the benefit of the doubt. Imagine my chagrin when Melvin comes banging on the door. :confused:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Because that's totally how life works. It's an "irrevocable decision" to say I like a girl I met two days ago more than a girl who I think is a cheating whore?! lmao

In real life you'd be like, "Yeah Cece seems great and all but now that I know the truth there's no way I can choose a girl I met a few days ago over all the history Steph and I have." IMHO ;)
You're stuck on Steph's history but you completely ignore Linda's history with the MC (which is longer) and you're also ignoring the Speed Rule happening between the MC and Cece, and that doesn't even account for how amazing Lexi has been in your short time knowing her.

You're also ignoring that Cece had to literally stop you from walking away from Steph after the story was told.

Yes, for you, the logic of locking in the choice before knowing Steph's full tale doesn't make sense. So why did you keep playing? Because you still enjoyed the story, despite the flaw that's stuck in your craw.

I don't know if you ever finished anyone else's route, and to be honest I no longer care. Peace, I'm out.

• Haha

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

no, after having lived through being ghosted and then giving her a chance 18 years later, I wish that I had met someone else prior to hearing from her again because it would have saved me from 4 years of hell and never getting back what we had during high school. So, yes. I would absolutely choose the new love over the old scars.

Reactions: Ukghar

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
no, after having lived through being ghosted and then giving her a chance 18 years later, I wish that I had met someone else prior to hearing from her again because it would have saved me from 4 years of hell and never getting back what we had during high school. So, yes. I would absolutely choose the new love over the old scars.
I totally agree. Unless she had a legit Story like Steph's where she thought she had to do to it keep me safe while remaining entirely faithful. I kinda doubt that's what happened to you. ;)

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
Whatever anyone has to say about the game it's hard to deny that it gets you emotionally involved. :)

Edit: But the decision was still too soon! :LOL:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This game hits me different because I picked Cece first....
I get you though. I actually picked Lexi first, but damn, when I played Cece's route. Holy Crap!! The emotions were so out of control! Cece is my favorite route, Especially if you choose the creampie option and get the pregnant ending!!

binkdink420

Aug 11, 2022
I get you though. I actually picked Lexi first, but damn, when I played Cece's route. Holy Crap!! The emotions were so out of control! Cece is my favorite route, Especially if you choose the creampie option and get the pregnant ending!!
Yeah I'm sure I will enjoy most every route. I wouldn't have chose a game like this if I wasn't in it for the feels. ;)

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
well lowkey the fact the letter wasn't obvious was probably my one urk about steph story line but it makes sense. I Would have washed the shirt and missed the letter.

Holly is probably my favorite, but lowkey because I related to it.

I think all the story lines were good , even the solo paths for our favorite couple (if people actually did it. I did it for science)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
well lowkey the fact the letter wasn't obvious was probably my one urk about steph story line but it makes sense. I Would have washed the shirt and missed the letter.

Holly is probably my favorite, but lowkey because I related to it.

I think all the story lines were good , even the solo paths for our favorite couple (if people actually did it. I did it for science)
I instantly understood about the shirt. when I was in my mid 20's a girl I had been dating for over a year broke up with me when she moved to another state for her masters degree, The last time she stayed over, she forgot the shirt she had worn the day before, and it was months before I mailed it to her because it smelled like her, so I never washed it so that I could remember her smell. It wasn't untill I began dating someone else that I finally washed her shirt and mailed it to her.

so I could understand him just hanging the shirt in the closet and knowing that it smelled like her, but not wearing it for that same reason.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes