Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'll be honest, i kind of tuned out when the older man sat down. I took it as he was just a random passerby giving MC some kind of "at peace" talk. Then i was distracted with the guy in the suit in the background. I thought it was MC's dad to come give it another go with MC. Wasn't until old dude got put in the truck was when things made me raise an eyebrow. I hadn't done Steph's path yet, nor have i ever given thought of turning her away from not joining at Lexi's but that's an interesting notion that was brought up about her spying too. C being in u4ia is good to hear, knowing Drifty is putting them both in the same universe.

I don't think Melvin should be the big antagonist in this "theory" but whoever he's working for would be that big bad kinda like how in Artemis it's Richard rather than Cassandra (unless..something has happened in chapter 4..Don't tell me i havent played it yet..) Melvin turning would justify all of us saying "Man..FUCK MELVIN" when steph kicked us out naked lol.
Only reason I played a no-Steph run was to get the Steam achievement ... and 'cause I'd let myself get spoiled about the chap 4 ending variant. Also, I REALLY love movie commentaries, so when Drifty said his DLC would have a commentary track ... well, I got all the achievements making sure I didn't miss any of the commentary, and part of my opinion on the old man is based on that.

As for Melvin ... yea, I don't care one way or another, I was just entertained by the idea being thrown around and threw in my two cents. If I'm honest, I'd rather Steph was the MC and Melvin could take Chris' role. Of course, I don't actually think that's something Drifty would do, especially after reading the commentaries. I don't think he's ever going to do a real deep (or deeper anyway) dive into any of these characters.

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Only reason I played a no-Steph run was to get the Steam achievement ... and 'cause I'd let myself get spoiled about the chap 4 ending variant. Also, I REALLY love movie commentaries, so when Drifty said his DLC would have a commentary track ... well, I got all the achievements making sure I didn't miss any of the commentary, and part of my opinion on the old man is based on that.

As for Melvin ... yea, I don't care one way or another, I was just entertained by the idea being thrown around and threw in my two cents. If I'm honest, I'd rather Steph was the MC and Melvin could take Chris' role. Of course, I don't actually think that's something Drifty would do, especially after reading the commentaries. I don't think he's ever going to do a real deep (or deeper anyway) dive into any of these characters.
As a Patreon player i dont think we receive such luxuries as Steam players do but the commentary track interests me. What's it like?

Hey your two cents is welcomed. Now that the game is over this thread might be dead since there will be a u4ia one up soon anyway if it hasnt already so if anything we are all just spit-balling theories at this point. I think Steph as an MC would be dope but yeah i dont feel like Drifty would do something like that either. He definitely gave these characters a lot of thought. Obviously Cece was the most plotted out but i felt he dedicated a decent amount into the character building of everyone else. In chapter 3 when Steph is writing the letter, that part really made me empathize for her. I literally gave ZERO F's until we saw the flashback of her writing all of that. Now im trying to remember, was it chapter 3 or was it 4? Regardless, in my mind by the end of the game when she took MC deep diving, the way she looks at him i can tell she still is very much in love with him. If there were to be a continuation of her story in some future game, it would be a great touch for Drifty to add that extra layer to her demons. I just don't know how it's going to work out because there's literally a playthrough of MC choosing to be with Steph over everyone else however, from what i gather the consensus ive seen on other forums is that she's ranked 4 out of 7(if you include Holly) on popularity with it being 1. Cece 2. Lexi 3. Holly 4. Stephanie 5. Kira 6. Linda 7. Robin

Reactions: Kassandara

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
As a Patreon player i dont think we receive such luxuries as Steam players do but the commentary track interests me. What's it like?

Hey your two cents is welcomed. Now that the game is over this thread might be dead since there will be a u4ia one up soon anyway if it hasnt already so if anything we are all just spit-balling theories at this point. I think Steph as an MC would be dope but yeah i dont feel like Drifty would do something like that either. He definitely gave these characters a lot of thought. Obviously Cece was the most plotted out but i felt he dedicated a decent amount into the character building of everyone else. In chapter 3 when Steph is writing the letter, that part really made me empathize for her. I literally gave ZERO F's until we saw the flashback of her writing all of that. Now im trying to remember, was it chapter 3 or was it 4? Regardless, in my mind by the end of the game when she took MC deep diving, the way she looks at him i can tell she still is very much in love with him. If there were to be a continuation of her story in some future game, it would be a great touch for Drifty to add that extra layer to her demons. I just don't know how it's going to work out because there's literally a playthrough of MC choosing to be with Steph over everyone else however, from what i gather the consensus ive seen on other forums is that she's ranked 4 out of 7(if you include Holly) on popularity with it being 1. Cece 2. Lexi 3. Holly 4. Stephanie 5. Kira 6. Linda 7. Robin
That ranking jives with what I've seen. As for Patreon, I believe the DLC content (combined walkthrough, bonus image/scenes and commentary) is available at the $10 level ... not sure if it'll stay available forever (or if its still available) but I know it was.

The commentary was worth waiting for. He goes into behind-the-scene details, talks about his motivation for scenes, talks about reasons for choices ... how difficult some of them were, etc. Also, the bonus scenes are fun. Things like alt hair styles, clothing changes, scene composition, using the wrong model for a full chapter, etc. Actually, that last one is part of the commentary, but a bonus image is the comparison between the model used the rest of the game and the wrong model used for a chapter. Also, the walkthrough is a classic "here's how to get the most points" in-game walkthrough, which also has some instructions to clarify some choices (like how to find some easter eggs) The walkthrough isn't better than Sancho1969's super-mod, but combined with the behind-the-scenes images and commentary, the whole is definitely something I enjoyed immensely.
(also, Azk66 made a music restore that works with the DLC, if you need that. Sancho's music mod is a bit better, but it's not updated to work with the BTS or Commentary DLC ... which kinda makes sense since it comes with its own walkthrough)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
"Emotional Roller coaster" is an understatement.
i see you read my review.

I would be fine with a female protag... As long as I could be a lesbian. They are pretty rare though.
well most players are guys who want to see dick entering pussy, i got 2 games on my playlist where player decides if fem mc is lesbian or something else.

So how about a male MC game where you play as a new agent with Homeland
might work but up-to-dev.

Link Google Drive or Torrent please?
gd's dl limits exhaust quickly and no idea when file is available again after limit reached, torrent you can search from rpdl.net.

Reactions: leproso0413

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
from what i gather the consensus ive seen on other forums is that she's ranked 4 out of 7(if you include Holly) on popularity with it being 1. Cece 2. Lexi 3. Holly 4. Stephanie 5. Kira 6. Linda 7. Robin
That ranking jives with what I've seen.
Wow, that’s crazy. I am shocked that Linda is that low in the ranking. For me personally my ranking was…
1. Cece 2. Lexi 3. Linda 4. Steph 5. Robin 6. Kira 7. Holly

but thats the great thing about having choices, everyone gets to make their own!

Loved this game. Looking forward to u4ia!

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Wow, that’s crazy. I am shocked that Linda is that low in the ranking. For me personally my ranking was…

but thats the great thing about having choices, everyone gets to make their own!

Linda is relatively low but not to her own fault. I think her story with MC was sweet but felt like it really ran it’s course. Granted I haven’t done a Linda playthrough yet so my opinion could change however she was really in a tough spot to beat out any of the other girls except for Robin. I always felt like setting her up with Chris was the right thing for the both of them. Linda is sexy but as a player in my mind, she was the quickest to be friendzoned. Didn’t feel right to break up Kira & Robin so no go there & im greedy I wanted Holly too LOL. I think Linda plays a great support role but she just didn’t offered very much personality wise for me. Once again I haven’t done a Linda run yet so maybe the initial choices I picked just left a lot of things that would make her desirable to me idk ‍♂

Reactions: Grif1001

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
That ranking jives with what I've seen. As for Patreon, I believe the DLC content (combined walkthrough, bonus image/scenes and commentary) is available at the $10 level ... not sure if it'll stay available forever (or if its still available) but I know it was.

The commentary was worth waiting for. He goes into behind-the-scene details, talks about his motivation for scenes, talks about reasons for choices ... how difficult some of them were, etc. Also, the bonus scenes are fun. Things like alt hair styles, clothing changes, scene composition, using the wrong model for a full chapter, etc. Actually, that last one is part of the commentary, but a bonus image is the comparison between the model used the rest of the game and the wrong model used for a chapter. Also, the walkthrough is a classic "here's how to get the most points" in-game walkthrough, which also has some instructions to clarify some choices (like how to find some easter eggs) The walkthrough isn't better than Sancho1969's super-mod, but combined with the behind-the-scenes images and commentary, the whole is definitely something I enjoyed immensely.
(also, Azk66 made a music restore that works with the DLC, if you need that. Sancho's music mod is a bit better, but it's not updated to work with the BTS or Commentary DLC ... which kinda makes sense since it comes with its own walkthrough)
Wow. That’s some pretty cool insight. May have to consider that in the future. It probably was or is available but maybe not to my tier. I honestly just wanted the game, patreon access & email updates. SG’s tier is perhaps my most expensive because the renders & cinematics of that game can’t be rivaled(yet) however the expense still isn’t that much either for my selected tier. That’s a real cool thing for Drifty to do the commentary, definitely adds a lot to the immersion of the game.

Noiratna

May 1, 2021
Hello everybody. I played and finished Stephanie's journey. I consider it the natural path, given how much MC and Stephanie still love each other. I point out that in the story Stephanie makes it clear that she never cheated on MC. I don't picture Stephanie as one of the girls for another MC in another game. Maybe just as an extra.

I think I'll play Cece's path, because it's the character who touched me the most.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
dunno about love between mc and steph but some feelings yes.

rex78u_e114y

Aug 9, 2022
I was talking with a friend about C. being drifty's late daughter and how off it feels that he honors her memory in an AVN. She pointed out possible romantic feelings from him towards her. I ended up scratching my head since that. What do you think guys?

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
I was talking with a friend about C. being drifty's late daughter and how off it feels that he honors her memory in an AVN. She pointed out possible romantic feelings from him towards her. I ended up scratching my head since that. What do you think guys?
i don't know where your friend is getting from.
this is not an incest story.

this is a story about a girl who struggled with problems,and couldn't take life anymore.
a cry for help,which you sometimes only see when it's too late.
this is a recognizable story,depression,or being unable to cope with life.

when you are struggling with something,talk to someone about it,but never get stuck it.
suicide is the worst thing you can do.
you only bring grief to all your relatives,it's never a way out.

this is a beautiful tribute from a father to his sadly deceased daughter.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Linda is relatively low but not to her own fault. I think her story with MC was sweet but felt like it really ran it’s course. Granted I haven’t done a Linda playthrough yet so my opinion could change however she was really in a tough spot to beat out any of the other girls except for Robin. I always felt like setting her up with Chris was the right thing for the both of them. Linda is sexy but as a player in my mind, she was the quickest to be friendzoned. Didn’t feel right to break up Kira & Robin so no go there & im greedy I wanted Holly too LOL. I think Linda plays a great support role but she just didn’t offered very much personality wise for me. Once again I haven’t done a Linda run yet so maybe the initial choices I picked just left a lot of things that would make her desirable to me idk ‍♂
I understand that and I was with you right up until the point where we were at Lexi's house and Linda basicly confesses just how much it hurt her when you started seeing Steph. this was during my first play through and I was actually going the Lexi route first (I know that's probably not the first route most people play) and had pretty much written off Steph because my own High School sweetheart had done something similar. she found out her family was going to be moving and instead of saying anything, she just dissapeared one day. Years later we reconnected, both of us were divorced and so we started dating and got married and 5 years later she breaks my heart again, so I was like, nope, not gonna let her do what J did to me, and I ignored Steph till after I had done paths for Lexi, Linda, and Cece. Now (at just shy of 50) I look back at some of the girls I was just friends with in High School, and I wonder "why didn't I choose them over the devil who crushed me?" so when Linda said that she had loved the MC from afar all through School, I was instantly like, Pause on the Lexi Path and go back and play through the Linda path. I eventually paused on the Linda path and went back to finish up Lexi before finishing Linda, but I did enjoy the Linda path quite a bit. I set Chris up with Holly when on the Linda path.

I would totally suggest a Linda Route playthrough at some point.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Skrrt! and Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I dont think it has anything to do with "romantic" feelings, as much as it is with a father honoring his daughter and giving her memory a chance at a happy ending with a good guy.

I see it not as Drifty envisioning himself as the MC and Cece as his daughter, but as that Cece is a stand in for his daughter, and Drifty is represented by Cece's father (who Cece had difficulty talking too)
The MC, however, is a representation of the guy he wished could have saved his daughter.

A guy who....
1. Doesn't cheat on her (no harem option and no cheating option in Cece's play through),
2. Sees the best in her,
3. Gives her his all,
4. Never gives up on her, and
5. Eventually gives her a child.

Hers is the only playthrough that ends in a pregnancy. Which, if Cece represents Drifty's daughter, would be the grandchild that Drifty never got to have.

I don't think it has anything to do with even the smallest hint of incest.
I think it is simply a beautiful example of wishing that his daughter could have lived her best life.

But hey, what do I know?

:coffee: rhymes with Cece!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I understand that and I was with you right up until the point where we were at Lexi's house and Linda basicly confesses just how much it hurt her when you started seeing Steph. this was during my first play through and I was actually going the Lexi route first (I know that's probably not the first route most people play) and had pretty much written off Steph because my own High School sweetheart had done something similar. she found out her family was going to be moving and instead of saying anything, she just dissapeared one day. Years later we reconnected, both of us were divorced and so we started dating and got married and 5 years later she breaks my heart again, so I was like, nope, not gonna let her do what J did to me, and I ignored Steph till after I had done paths for Lexi, Linda, and Cece. Now (at just shy of 50) I look back at some of the girls I was just friends with in High School, and I wonder "why didn't I choose them over the devil who crushed me?" so when Linda said that she had loved the MC from afar all through School, I was instantly like, Pause on the Lexi Path and go back and play through the Linda path. I eventually paused on the Linda path and went back to finish up Lexi before finishing Linda, but I did enjoy the Linda path quite a bit. I set Chris up with Holly when on the Linda path.

I only realized this 'cause of the commentaries, but if you set up Chris with Robin and don't dip into either her or Kira, Chris gets the last laugh (and none of the three get a broken heart)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
only path with minor cheating is lexi+holly where mc cheats lexi until she realizes that she loves holly too.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I only realized this 'cause of the commentaries, but if you set up Chris with Robin and don't dip into either her or Kira, Chris gets the last laugh (and none of the three get a broken heart)
That’s awesome! Looks Like I’m gonna be doing another play through, lol

Reactions: Elhemeer

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Linda and Steph are the exes ... ex being the defining factors behind MC still going along with their shenaningans.
We should recognize there are a great many romantic things a dad and his daughter can do,
anytime, anywhere, no problem: date, go vacationing, cuddle, kiss, shower together, sleep in the same bed, swim together, pretty much everything that makes a relationship be worth while. There are many moments where a girl needs her space and a parent cannot enter that space. When and if sucha void has formed, if and when there is a demon who enters that space to expand and fill that whole void: the harassing parent demon, the deprecating parent demon, the ”never date this or that guy” parent demon,
they live in the heads of girls all over the world and the most extreme variaton is explored
in the many comics depicting the life and adventures of the son of professor X: killing did
nothing to soothe the pain of dealing with the demons day in and day out.

Hello everybody. I played and finished Stephanie's journey. I consider it the natural path, given how much MC and Stephanie still love each other. I point out that in the story Stephanie makes it clear that she never cheated on MC. I don't picture Stephanie as one of the girls for another MC in another game. Maybe just as an extra.

I think I'll play Cece's path, because it's the character who touched me the most.
i don't know where your friend is getting from.
this is not an incest story.

this is a story about a girl who struggled with problems,and couldn't take life anymore.
a cry for help,which you sometimes only see when it's too late.
this is a recognizable story,depression,or being unable to cope with life.

when you are struggling with something,talk to someone about it,but never get stuck it.
suicide is the worst thing you can do.
you only bring grief to all your relatives,it's never a way out.

this is a beautiful tribute from a father to his sadly deceased daughter.

I dont think it has anything to do with "romantic" feelings, as much as it is with a father honoring his daughter and giving her memory a chance at a happy ending with a good guy.

I see it not as Drifty envisioning himself as the MC and Cece as his daughter, but as that Cece is a stand in for his daughter, and Drifty is represented by Cece's father (who Cece had difficulty talking too)
The MC, however, is a representation of the guy he wished could have saved his daughter.

A guy who....
1. Doesn't cheat on her (no harem option and no cheating option in Cece's play through),
2. Sees the best in her,
3. Gives her his all,
4. Never gives up on her, and
5. Eventually gives her a child.

Hers is the only playthrough that ends in a pregnancy. Which, if Cece represents Drifty's daughter, would be the grandchild that Drifty never got to have.

I don't think it has anything to do with even the smallest hint of incest.
I think it is simply a beautiful example of wishing that his daughter could have lived her best life.

But hey, what do I know?

:coffee: rhymes with Cece!
This game is worth exploring for the many relationships it offers.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes