NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
This probably has been ask before but is it normal that all my saves show exception error when load in 1.0? Are you supposed to start a new game in 1.0?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This probably has been ask before but is it normal that all my saves show exception error when load in 1.0? Are you supposed to start a new game in 1.0?
did you use mod before? also dev had to abandon old music (available on my post on zippy (dunno if still exist) and also on sancho's thread) so need to start from ch6 save.

Reactions: NukaCola

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm not sure if he did it before or after the musicopolips, but Drifty upgraded Renpy between 7 and 8, and whether it's because of the music, the upgrade, or people using mods, a whole lot of players had trouble loading old saves into the final chapter of the game.

That said, people did have success if they had saves from the chap. 5 or 6 transition screens, and some random spots in chapters. But yea, most people who couldn't load their chap. 7 saves had to start over.

Reactions: NukaCola

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Any idea what the guys saw up in the night sky while fishing on Lexi's boat at the end? My theory is that Matt found out about their fishing excursion and snapped for not being invited. So, he captured all the girls, forced them onto a plane that he then flew out to sea, set it on fire and crashed into Lexi's boat killing everyone. Just a thought.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Any idea what the guys saw up in the night sky while fishing on Lexi's boat at the end? My theory is that Matt found out about their fishing excursion and snapped for not being invited. So, he captured all the girls, forced them onto a plane that he then flew out to sea, set it on fire and crashed into Lexi's boat killing everyone. Just a thought.
LOL ... Sorry to burst your oh-so-optimistic idea, but they're watching the colorful Drifty logo at the beginning of the u4ia trailer.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and Grif1001

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Just finished my initial playthrough & whoo boyyy.. "Emotional Roller coaster" is an understatement. 3 thoughts:

1. Kissing Holly in front of the hospital when Lexi saw man..but then going to the house & Lexi stopped the kiss?! yeah i thought it was dunzo for me & Lexi.. The ending made up for it a little because i like both girls but Lexi's always been number 1.

2. Christine is fine as hell, damn why does he have to be our (half) sister??

3. The end scene with Kevin, MC, & Chris on the yacht-- any connection to the new game? Left it kind of vague. wtf is in the sky?!

bonuses:

1. Love that Drifty included many cameos from other games, Jaye being my favorite(CS) & seeing Amrit is going to make me play STWA. Shoutout to Kindra/Kink(Artemis) as well!
2. I wouldn't mind Steph getting some spinoff game for those who didn't choose her. A Homeland theme game would be cool.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1. Christine is fine as hell, damn why does he have to be our (half) sister??

2. I wouldn't mind Steph getting some spinoff game for those who didn't choose her. A Homeland theme game would be cool.
1. cause then drifty would have needed to write more story for her and make scenes of her and mc and "some" devs are just cruel like that some pretty woman just isn't fuckable.

2. fem mc games are bit rare and possibly not as successful as male mc games.

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
3. The end scene with Kevin, MC, & Chris on the yacht-- any connection to the new game? Left it kind of vague. wtf is in the sky?!
The end scene was basically just a teaser for the new game. The boys are talking about nothing in particular then see the lights in the sky. The lights are supposed to be the Drifty logo from the beginning of the trailer.

Reactions: MV_1999

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
1. cause then drifty would have needed to write more story for her and make scenes of her and mc and "some" devs are just cruel like that some pretty woman just isn't fuckable.

I would be fine with a female protag... As long as I could be a lesbian. They are pretty rare though.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So how about a male MC game where you play as a new agent with Homeland and find out that you are going to be partnered with a returning agent who has been out of the field for a while and has a complicated past. Then you could play the role of the guy who actually does end up with Steph in all the paths where the MC from Leap of Faith chose someone else...

It could have intrigue and espionage and also cameos of characters from Leap of Faith. there could even be a question aththe begining of "What was the your characters Name in Leap Of Faith?" and "Which Girl did you end up with in Leap Of Faith?" so that the cameo's put your old MC with the right girl and called him by the right name.

it could be called "Blind Faith" because as an agent he has to just blindly trust his new partner... and because Steph is kinky and likes to blindfold him. ok, JK, lol

Last edited:

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
So how about a male MC game where play as a new agent with Homeland and find out that you are going to be partnered with a returning agent who has been out of the field for a while and has a complicated past. Then you could play the role of the guy who actually does end up with Steph in all the paths where the MC from Leap of Faith chose someone else...

It could have intrigue and espionage and also cameos of characters from Leap of Faith. there could even be a question aththe begining of "What was the your characters Name in Leap Of Faith?" and "Which Girl did you end up with in Leap Of Faith?" so that the cameo's put your old MC with the right girl and called him by the right name.

it could be called "Blind Faith" because as an agent he has to just blindly trust his new partner... and because Steph is kinky and likes to blindfold him. ok, JK, lol

This was actually what i had in mind when i wrote that about Steph getting her own game. I suppose a female protag could work but as stated it's not as popular. However, what you stated seems like a fun idea. MC from Leap of Faith could make a cameo or Linda would. But i think Steph as the main love interest for a new MC and then adding a few other girls to fill out the 2-4 range. Melvin (stephs old partner) could be brought back with a twist that he's a double agent.. Could add some filler demons like how she had problems with her dad i think they reconciled already but the new MC could help her through that. But id be stoked to see the new MC run into LoF's MC and see how that dialogue goes about. Maybe she's lowkey still in love with him but new MC comes along and things change? Timeline could be 2-3 years after LoF. Would be a cool thing to see. Everyone's story kind of just ended but Steph's has potential to go deeper. I know Drifty is already working on u4ia and thats the next game but if he were ever to want to pick up from LoF after that it's definitely there for the taking.

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
The end scene was basically just a teaser for the new game. The boys are talking about nothing in particular then see the lights in the sky. The lights are supposed to be the Drifty logo from the beginning of the trailer.
Ah. I thought they were going to get hit by a meteor or something. Lol. Would've been like Acting Lessons on steroids type of twist.

• Haha
Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Melvin (stephs old partner) could be brought back with a twist that he's a double agent.. Could add some filler demons like how she had problems with her dad i think they reconciled already but the new MC could help her through that. But id be stoked to see the new MC run into LoF's MC and see how that dialogue goes about. Maybe she's lowkey still in love with him but new MC comes along and things change? Timeline could be 2-3 years after LoF. Would be a cool thing to see.
yes! Then we could also get some resolution to some other things, like the guy thats spying on them at Lexi's, and the Guy on the park bench that gets put in a police van. somehow all that ties in with Melvin being a double agent. Could also bring in C (Sea) who now works for the richest man in the world as of the end of LOF, and make her one of the potential love interests.

Reactions: Skrrt!

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
yes! Then we could also get some resolution to some other things, like the guy thats spying on them at Lexi's, and the Guy on the park bench that gets put in a police van. somehow all that ties in with Melvin being a double agent. Could also bring in C (Sea) who now works for the richest man in the world as of the end of LOF, and make her one of the potential love interests.
I think that he guy that is spying on them at Lexi's place is some sort of agent like Steph. He's probably checking in on Steph etc.

Also someone here wrote that the old man at the park could be MCs grandfather.

Reactions: Grif1001 and Skrrt!

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Hell yeah all of that. I completely forgot about the old dude that got taken. That's probably why he didn't give LoF MC any info so he wouldn't get caught up in it too. Yup let's bring SEA C back and make her a main girl along with Steph. Perhaps even involve LoF's dad again since that's how Steph got linked to him in the first place. Steph's story already writes itself with the info that Drifty has already provided. But the theme of Homeland or CIA would be interesting.

Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I think that he guy that is spying on them at Lexi's place is some sort of agent like Steph. He's probably checking in on Steph etc.

Also someone here wrote that the old man at the park could be MCs grandfather.
Yeah, I had though of both of those things as well, but it could be a nice tie in if the spying guy WAS Melvin and he was spying on the MC to take survailence photos to use to show the Grandfather in order to put pressure on the Grandfather to provide some kind of intel, and the grandfather makes a deal that he'll provide the intel in exchange for geting to meet and speek with his grandson just once, or something. Millions of dollars went missing guring the gulf wars, maybe the Grandfather's intel is where some of those millions of dollars ended up. Then Melvin uses that intel/$$ to begin setting up his own crime/spy/assasin syndicate then fakes his own death and sets Steph and the new MC up for his(Melvin's) murder...

That would at least confirm those assumptions and give us closure as well as providing a cool new espionage style game.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yeah, I had though of both of those things as well, but it could be a nice tie in if the spying guy WAS Melvin and he was spying on the MC to take survailence photos to use to show the Grandfather in order to put pressure on the Grandfather to provide some kind of intel, and the grandfather makes a deal that he'll provide the intel in exchange for geting to meet and speek with his grandson just once, or something. Millions of dollars went missing guring the gulf wars, maybe the Grandfather's intel is where some of those millions of dollars ended up. Then Melvin uses that intel/$$ to begin setting up his own crime/spy/assasin syndicate then fakes his own death and sets Steph and the new MC up for his(Melvin's) murder...

That would at least confirm those assumptions and give us closure as well as providing a cool new espionage style game.
All fun stuff.

Pretty sure the guy spying on you is Melvin (if you don't bring Steph with you, she's spying on you and she's with the guy when grandpa is helped into the spy truck) -- Christine (C) has been announced to be a character of interest (not sure if an LI) in the new u4ia game (the guy she's working for is also; apparently that scene was a "subtle" teaser) -- Nothing is made clear, but I got the impression that the grandpa is more of a political asset who was turned (or surrendered) and is being hidden away, rather than under arrest. He basically says he feels his whole life was a lie, which feels more like someone doing what he wants, rather than someone getting his last wish. I agree it is "A" wish, but he seems content. -- Melvin turning is an interesting idea. I wonder where that would leave his girlfriend ...

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
All fun stuff.

Pretty sure the guy spying on you is Melvin (if you don't bring Steph with you, she's spying on you and she's with the guy when grandpa is helped into the spy truck) -- Christine (C) has been announced to be a character of interest (not sure if an LI) in the new u4ia game (the guy she's working for is also; apparently that scene was a "subtle" teaser) -- Nothing is made clear, but I got the impression that the grandpa is more of a political asset who was turned (or surrendered) and is being hidden away, rather than under arrest. He basically says he feels his whole life was a lie, which feels more like someone doing what he wants, rather than someone getting his last wish. I agree it is "A" wish, but he seems content. -- Melvin turning is an interesting idea. I wonder where that would leave his girlfriend ...
I'll be honest, i kind of tuned out when the older man sat down. I took it as he was just a random passerby giving MC some kind of "at peace" talk. Then i was distracted with the guy in the suit in the background. I thought it was MC's dad to come give it another go with MC. Wasn't until old dude got put in the truck was when things made me raise an eyebrow. I hadn't done Steph's path yet, nor have i ever given thought of turning her away from not joining at Lexi's but that's an interesting notion that was brought up about her spying too. C being in u4ia is good to hear, knowing Drifty is putting them both in the same universe.

I don't think Melvin should be the big antagonist in this "theory" but whoever he's working for would be that big bad kinda like how in Artemis it's Richard rather than Cassandra (unless..something has happened in chapter 4..Don't tell me i havent played it yet..) Melvin turning would justify all of us saying "Man..FUCK MELVIN" when steph kicked us out naked lol.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes