Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
I found this game recently and just finished spending 5 days on this game. Here's my opinions of what content i did (Lexi route, then Steph route, then Linda route, and last Cece route).

I really like the Lexi route, she is probably the main character i like. I think that path made sense since we spend literraly half the game at her place and it feels really weird in non Lexi paths spending weeks at her house without inteacting with her much. I had Chris be with Linda. Since there wasnt many choices overall, i didnt feel the need to a WT afterwards.

The Steph route also was nice, as it is easy to make a re-connect with the character the game originally sets you up with. I found her agent panda excuse somewhat out of the blue and random, but there was a lot of decent bonding scenes and the ending was wholesome. Had Chris with Linda again and found out about the Lexi-Holly ending.

In my Linda route (because i wanted to know what was in the damned folder lol), it was ok. Nothing overboard but tying loose ends. I decided to put Chris with Holly to see #1 if it would be allowed and possible, and #2, how would the Lexi ending be. Was overall ok but un-exciting.

I did not really want to do a Cece run, as in my cannon, it's over whenever she jumps and she doesn't make it. I feel like she survives only because 'but it is a game'. The credits, the emotional quote from the dev, the rose on the bridge, she was allowed to live not to piss people who romanced her, but it should have been an Acting Lessons moment, thats my personal opinion. For me, she feels more like a little sister that needs help and protection and i feel it is taking advantage of a confused mind to get romance in there, as she even say, she do not know what love even is, she can't process it. But i was curious of what happened in her ending, as when you do not pick her, it is pretty dissapointing and anti-climactic. She just leaves destination unknown. Does she returns to her family? She moves to a new city? She say she hate new places and everyone abandons her and let her go on her own? Even solo Linda don't continue with her. Feels wrong. Was a nice path ending for people who likes her.

I really liked that in every route you pick, she always have in the end a little extra conversation where she reveals what really happens and the real feelings of the girl you picked. Like, when she tells you that Steph ran away from the cops to be with you at the beach for one last time, or that you broke Linda's heart when she saw you screw Steph as she tought you where loving her.

As for Kira and Robin, i feel they were pretty boring characters and could easily have not been included and have the exact same story. I do not have any interest at all in either, as they are an already established couple and i feel like a 3rd wheel to them as well as i want a realtionship, not being fuckbuddy with 2 lesbians. For the same reasons, it wouldn't feel right to break the couple to be solo with either of them. In all my other paths, i always ctrl skipped the part in the end where you match them again, was too long for me. I also feels there ending would be a disapointment. Might look for a gallery unlocker just to see the scenes.

As for Holly, i don't know what to do to get her. The most i managed was in my Lexi route i was offered a threesome in the pool, but i declined. All other routes i got nothing at all. There must be something more, as the gallery shows a few scenes to be unlocked. I might look at the WT later on to figure it out as that one stumped me and i would be curious to see her ending.

As for Chris, it was refreshing to have a bro that wasnt an annoying prick, an asshole or a jealous fuck. He helps you, gets out of the way, and you can have a chance to match him with someone. If you break the lesbians and pick Kira, can you match him successfuly with Robin?

I would have lioked to have more Christine. When she randomly drops for 15 seconds at the end, she could have hanged out at the MC appartment and at least have a scene of hanging with her with or without Chris.

Like i said, i feel Cece shouldn't have come back as it is for me as bad a story twist as was the agent panda one. Also the whole hospital chapter for me was just a very long filler and it could have jumped to the conclusion and would have felt more satisfying, but i understand why it's there. Overall a good game. I would recommend anyone playing it.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
ep1_distance_hd.png

So, for the result of last week's poll, a whopping 74% of you want to set up the sidekick with one of the main girls of the story, 20% of you want a dedicated girl for him, 5% do not want him with any girl, and the last 1% doesn't need him in the game.

I still feel setting him up with a dedicated girl would have had the potential for some fun scenes, even on the lewd side, but I'll twist my head a bit until we get to that point.

Otherwise, my Daz problems are now ok and we're back to normal rendering. Thank you, Wibble for doing some testing on one of the girls. I still can't Dforce anything, but I suspect that's down to Daz not yet being fully compatible with the 4090. In case you don't know what Dforce is, it's basically gravity simulation on clothing, hair etc.

I've only done story renders this week, and my render folder now shows 548 renders. That's a 198 render increase, which is not bad seeing I lost last weekend due to Daz misbehaving. I've also ordered another 4090 which is good news for when animations are the main focus.

I hope you have a nice weekend and happy Halloween to those who celebrate it. Stay safe out there, and if you're a patron of

Stone Fox Studios, you'll definitely have something good to play through, as a new chapter of Chasing Sunsets is out.

// Drifty

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So I have finally finished this game. Cece's path.

Not the story I was expecting (I have this strong feeling Cece should have not survived) but a nice story overall. :)

In respects to C, I know that pains never goes away, one just learns to live with it. But I really hope the acute pain, that one that does not let you breath, is no longer there.

Sincerely, my best wishes.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
(I have this strong feeling Cece should have not survived)
well results are sometimes odd on those cases, can get what wanted, can get crippled (half or full), can get minor injuries, can get major injuries (will heal when time passes), can survive w/o scratch, etc.

still there are many youngsters who jump off the bridges/cliffs into water cause they don't think about risks or are in belief that nothing happens to them since nothing happened to them last time they jumped and then something happens and then many parents and others are yelling that city should have done something (like what?) and at worst city has to pay money even they didn't do anything wrong.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Just found this game... cant stop replaying it. Going through every path. I typically play games on "Mute All", but damn...the soundtrack fits the game so perfectly! And to have a bud in one of these games who is a true friend is just amazing! Dont think I've laughed or cried this much at any other game, very cathartic! It's not perfect, but it may just be my favorite game of all time. I'm completely blown away!

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
well results are sometimes odd on those cases, can get what wanted, can get crippled (half or full), can get minor injuries, can get major injuries (will heal when time passes), can survive w/o scratch, etc.

still there are many youngsters who jump off the bridges/cliffs into water cause they don't think about risks or are in belief that nothing happens to them since nothing happened to them last time they jumped and then something happens and then many parents and others are yelling that city should have done something (like what?) and at worst city has to pay money even they didn't do anything wrong.
Indeed, I used to be one of those dumb kids who did it.
It was fun and shit until a friend of mine decided to jump from the other side of the bridge.
There was a huge tree trunk in the water (idk if that is the correct term, there was huge ass tree, cut in half lol). He pretty much slammed straight to it but somehow he survived with only minor injuries and just laughed it off :HideThePain:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Indeed, I used to be one of those dumb kids who did it.
It was fun and shit until a friend of mine decided to jump from the other side of the bridge.
There was a huge tree trunk in the water (idk if that is the correct term, there was huge ass tree, cut in half lol). He pretty much slammed straight to it but somehow he survived with only minor injuries and just laughed it off :HideThePain:
and today they do dumb things cause others are doing those on tiktok.

Reactions: Kassandara
Jul 28, 2019
What a fantastic game.

In the first playthrough, in the beginning, I was going to go the Cece route, aaand then Lexi invited everyone to L.A. I went with her instead. Seeing Lexi find herself and her independence with MC was fantastic. However, the entire game, I had this feeling that Steph was the one who got away.

She had been forced to ruin both of their lives through her self-sacrifice (although that twist was sort of weird), and it had effectively been for nothing. Also, I was not too fond of the idea that she'd done so much to get back to MC, only for him to choose someone else with her right back where she started. So, for the second playthrough, I chose her ending. It was nice, but I liked the Lexi ending more. Steph still ended up where she started, albeit with MC, instead of running away from him.

However, through both playthroughs, I kept thinking about how I'd almost selected Cece the first time. It was hard not to notice that every one-on-one interaction between Cece and MC was so full of emotion, and the game focused on her in ways it didn't focus on the other love interests. I also thought her ending was gut-wrenching for both the first and second playthroughs. All of these people's lives had come together, and Cece found a new lease on her own, and just like that, she was gone. I decided I'd do the Cece playthrough and see what all it changed.

It blew Lexi and Steph out of the water. There may not technically be a canon romance, but... Cece very well ought to be. Everyone ended up in a good place, and the dynamic between Cece and MC fit. I'm not going to bother with the other choices. I don't see how they'd top Cece's ending.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
What a fantastic game.

In the first playthrough, in the beginning, I was going to go the Cece route, aaand then Lexi invited everyone to L.A. I went with her instead. Seeing Lexi find herself and her independence with MC was fantastic. However, the entire game, I had this feeling that Steph was the one who got away.

She had been forced to ruin both of their lives through her self-sacrifice (although that twist was sort of weird), and it had effectively been for nothing. Also, I was not too fond of the idea that she'd done so much to get back to MC, only for him to choose someone else with her right back where she started. So, for the second playthrough, I chose her ending. It was nice, but I liked the Lexi ending more. Steph still ended up where she started, albeit with MC, instead of running away from him.

However, through both playthroughs, I kept thinking about how I'd almost selected Cece the first time. It was hard not to notice that every one-on-one interaction between Cece and MC was so full of emotion, and the game focused on her in ways it didn't focus on the other love interests. I also thought her ending was gut-wrenching for both the first and second playthroughs. All of these people's lives had come together, and Cece found a new lease on her own, and just like that, she was gone. I decided I'd do the Cece playthrough and see what all it changed.

It blew Lexi and Steph out of the water. There may not technically be a canon romance, but... Cece very well ought to be. Everyone ended up in a good place, and the dynamic between Cece and MC fit. I'm not going to bother with the other choices. I don't see how they'd top Cece's ending.
Considering your reaction after the first two, for you, you're probably right. BUT ... none of the other endings are "bad" and certainly not worse (or better) than Steph (although going solo on either Kira or Robin has consequences). I don't dislike any of them, but I like the Linda ending in particular. Also, setting up Chris with Robin can be fun.

Still, I totally understand coming out of Cece's ending and thinking that you don't need to see anymore. On the other hand, the last bus stop scene isn't quite as tense if you don't do one of the other's first, so there's that ^_^

Reactions: Grif1001

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yea on all endings girls find happiness 1 way or other like steph goes back to spying other ppls (total perv :p) etc.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
What a fantastic game.

Yes, CeCe's ending is my fav as well. And yeah, Steph went through a lot for MC, but so did Lisa, so you might also enjoy her ending, its pretty cute. and, IMHO, the best version of Stephs ending is if you set Lisa up with Chris.

Though, I still wish that if you set Chris up with Holly, and you chose someone other than Lisa, then Lisa could end up with Mark, there could have been a good redemtion arc for him, especially since he was there for Lisa before Chris and MC.

EDIT : Linda, not Lisa. got way too little sleep last night thanks to this game, lol

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yes, CeCe's ending is my fav as well. And yeah, Steph went through a lot for MC, but so did Lisa, so you might also enjoy her ending, its pretty cute. and, IMHO, the best version of Stephs ending is if you set Lisa up with Chris.

Though, I still wish that if you set Chris up with Holly, and you chose someone other than Lisa, then Lisa could end up with Mark, there could have been a good redemtion arc for him, especially since he was there for Lisa before Chris and MC.
Linda?

Reactions: Grif1001

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
1667177563584.png
Any tip on how to get this to work? i tried playing with the "ep4SetupChrisWith" and "ep4SetupChrisWithli" variables but nothing seems to work. help <3

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 2135697
Any tip on how to get this to work? i tried playing with the "ep4SetupChrisWith" and "ep4SetupChrisWithli" variables but nothing seems to work. help <3
I'm not sure what you're trying to get to work here. If you mean setting up Chris with Linda, it should be the next choice, as long as you suggested Linda to Chris. If you're trying to go for it, all you had to do was pick Linda at the beginning of Chap 4.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
This is so beyond Acting lessons that you merely suggesting it is just a tiny bit offensive to Leap of Faith,I mean sure both have alot of emotion in them but this deals with so much more that Acting Lessons just can't compare.
DISCLAIMER: I have only played Cece's route. So everything I say follows from this part. I strongly doubt the other routes disproves me though.

But the underlying thing is you are mistaken in saying one is on top of the other. The fundamental difference between the game is not which one deals with much more. Is the approach.

1) LoF has a redeeming approach to the issues. It shows a potential depressive side but the ultimate point of the story is to redeem the character hardships.
2) Acting Lessons, instead, plays with your expectations. In fact, Acting Lessons is so good precisely because it does just that. Takes a not so good MC, gives them hope and unexpectedly and out of control crushes them. That is why it works. LoF (Again, Cece's) does not do this at all.

So the comparison is actually pointless. Yes, both take a way more serious (and extremely welcome) approach to Adult Visual Novels than MC trying to fuck his landlady's family. But their approach to it is totally different.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
View attachment 2135697
if you are talking about getting the "Go for it!" option, dont declare intentions for other girls prior to this part and don't sugest her for Chris, and it should be available. this isnt like a haram game. if hes with someone else, or he knows Chris is intrested, then he won't go for her.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
DISCLAIMER: I have only played Cece's route. So everything I say follows from this part. I strongly doubt the other routes disproves me though.

But the underlying thing is you are mistaken in saying one is on top of the other. The fundamental difference between the game is not which one deals with much more. Is the approach.

1) LoF has a redeeming approach to the issues. It shows a potential depressive side but the ultimate point of the story is to redeem the character hardships.
2) Acting Lessons, instead, plays with your expectations. In fact, Acting Lessons is so good precisely because it does just that. Takes a not so good MC, gives them hope and unexpectedly and out of control crushes them. That is why it works. LoF (Again, Cece's) does not do this at all.

So the comparison is actually pointless. Yes, both take a way more serious (and extremely welcome) approach to Adult Visual Novels than MC trying to fuck his landlady's family. But their approach to it is totally different.
Beautiful observation and wonderfully stated. thank you for your insite.

...and though CeCe's path, which you said you played is my personal favorite, I encourage you to return at some point and play throught the other paths as well. Each has its own merrit.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes