Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
First. Your old teacher is an idiot.
I'm sure that teacher (not in the US) of more than 40 years will be delighted to hear that he was insulted by a young fledgling.

In german that saying is:
Du kannst Leuten vor die Stirn schauen aber nicht dahinter.

This very strange contradiction of your thought process is making my head hurt the longer I look at it, so I'll move on.
Take an aspirin for your pain you got because of an imagined cause.

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
This seems to be the "gallery-challenged" version. Does anyone have the proper full one...?
*sneaks up quietly and wraps a garrote around Wooloomooloo's throat*

Shhh, my patrons are amazing people. They want me to be able to eat, as well as continue to work on more naughty fun for them. Please don't malign them by suggesting they would help screw me over.

*pats the unconscious mean person on the head*

There there, it will be alright. When you wake up, I'm sure the thoughts of trying to cripple a struggling developer who provides all their stuff for free will have faded. I'm confident it was just a momentary lapse in morality. Like that time you kicked a puppy only to find out it was a puppy girl and she was too afraid of you to be your girlfriend...

I'm sure that teacher (not in the US) of more than 40 years will be delighted to hear that he was insulted by a young fledgling.
Dude or dudette, something I discovered when I first started a creative writing career (which was originally in novels, not games), was that English teachers are mostly only good for technical arguments. Even at the college level (I did, in fact, take college level writing courses), most of them don't actually know what they are doing. They can talk about sentence structures until they are blue in the face...and most of it gets thrown out the airlock the first time you have a painful encounter with a professional editor from a publishing house. I had to unlearn so many things that English teachers and professors had insisted were the right ways. For boobs sake, some of them are still teaching that you can't start a sentance with 'and.' Which isn't even an actual rule, let alone a thing to avoid. Maybe your old teacher wasn't an idiot. But if that was a sample of his or her advice, I wouldn't bet on them.

Also, unless you're secretly Steven King slumming on a hentai games site, tone down the condescending tone, yeah? I'm not sure what you've been up to in life, but I've published multiple successful novels, dozens of short stories (including some featured in fairly well known publications), and have already completed two games, with two more in production. I'm pretty sure I'm not young, not a fledgling, and have gotten reasonably decent at telling a good story by now. If you don't enjoy it, that sucks. Like any creator I want people to enjoy my work. But I can't please everyone and know better than to try. Let alone to do so with someone whom seems extremely intent on insulting me. Arguments with strangers on the internet have yet to solve the mystery of which way to toliet paper goes, let alone something more important. So...good day, please understand I'm going to ignore you now. It isn't worth the stress.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017

Shhh, my patrons are amazing people. They want me to be able to eat, as well as continue to work on more naughty fun for them. Please don't malign them by suggesting they would help screw me over.

There there, it will be alright. When you wake up, I'm sure the thoughts of trying to cripple a struggling developer who provides all their stuff for free will have faded. I'm confident it was just a momentary lapse in morality. Like that time you kicked a puppy only to find out it was a puppy girl and she was too afraid of you to be your girlfriend...

Dude or dudette, something I discovered when I first started a creative writing career (which was originally in novels, not games), was that English teachers are mostly only good for technical arguments. Even at the college level (I did, in fact, take college level writing courses), most of them don't actually know what they are doing. They can talk about sentence structures until they are blue in the face...and most of it gets thrown out the airlock the first time you have a painful encounter with a professional editor from a publishing house. I had to unlearn so many things that English teachers and professors had insisted were the right ways. For boobs sake, some of them are still teaching that you can't start a sentance with 'and.' Which isn't even an actual rule, let alone a thing to avoid. Maybe your old teacher wasn't an idiot. But if that was a sample of his or her advice, I wouldn't bet on them.

Also, unless you're secretly Steven King slumming on a hentai games site, tone down the condescending tone, yeah? I'm not sure what you've been up to in life, but I've published multiple successful novels, dozens of short stories (including some featured in fairly well known publications), and have already completed two games, with two more in production. I'm pretty sure I'm not young, not a fledgling, and have gotten reasonably decent at telling a good story by now. If you don't enjoy it, that sucks. Like any creator I want people to enjoy my work. But I can't please everyone and know better than to try. Let alone to do so with someone whom seems extremely intent on insulting me. Arguments with strangers on the internet have yet to solve the mystery of which way to toliet paper goes, let alone something more important. So...good day, please understand I'm going to ignore you now. It isn't worth the stress.
What in the nine hells gave you the impression I don't like the games.
I just went back and read carefully what I wrote, and I did find no indication of that. Not even close.
Was it because I remarked that one should not assume what another person thinks?

I do and in fact am a rather high level patron of your work.

I also did not find a single instance of me being "extremely intent on insulting you".

Oh and btw. a garrote can't incapacitate. If you and the victim are lucky, it can only injure.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018

Good for you. We here, however, are pirates. I'm not asking for anyone's permission or forgiveness for being one. Regarding the economic aspects of artistic endeavors vs. the morality of monetization strategies of non-rivalrous goods, that's a conversation I'm only willing to have in person, in the presence of copious amounts of alcohol; suffice it to say here that nobody is entitled to compensation merely for performing work...

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
What in the nine hells gave you the impression I don't like the games.
I just went back and read carefully what I wrote, and I did find no indication of that. Not even close.
Was it because I remarked that one should not assume what another person thinks?

I do and in fact am a rather high level patron of your work.

I also did not find a single instance of me being "extremely intent on insulting you".

Oh and btw. a garrote can't incapacitate. If you and the victim are lucky, it can only injure.
*shrug* My apologies then. To me, your posts both came off as extremely confrontational. But, given my history here on F95zone of having a few people rather viciously attack me (to the point that they are the reason I stopped working on Sexy Cosplay Cafe, and nearly gave up on Chastity Quest too), it's completely, 100% possible (even probable given what you just said), that I was looking for destructive criticism where it wasn't.

If you are a patron, I'd strongly suggest making any suggestions over on my patreon page. I tend to react better there...actually scratch that, I tend to react better everywhere that isn't here, to criticism and discussion. Like many creators, I have a...let's call it a love/hate relationship with this site. I get more bug reports, feedback (both positive and negative), and commentary here than in any other place. But that's countered rather harshly by a lot of whining, expecting creators to do everything for nothing, and destructive criticism that goes along with it. As well as the whole pirate thing, of course, though thankfully my patrons over the years have been amazing people and haven't let much in the way of patreon rewards leak.

If you truly were intending only constructive criticism, then I apologize for my comments.

P.S. A proper garrote, that is an actual weapon, can't be used to incapacitate. The term also refers to using any form of wire, cord, rope, or similar to choke someone out however. Which can be used to knock someone out just like using your hands to strangle them can.

Good for you. We here, however, are pirates. I'm not asking for anyone's permission or forgiveness for being one. Regarding the economic aspects of artistic endeavors vs. the morality of monetization strategies of non-rivalrous goods, that's a conversation I'm only willing to have in person, in the presence of copious amounts of alcohol; suffice it to say here that nobody is entitled to compensation merely for performing work...
No. You are a pirate. There are plenty of perfectly honest people that use F95zone. Also, the idea that no one is entitled compensation for performing work is literally the stupiest thing I've ever heard. And I've been subjected to lectures by flat-earthers in the past. I'd also wager you wouldn't support that argument when you've worked a 60 hour week, your rent is due, you need groceries, and your boss suddenly tells you he won't pay you just because you worked.

Reactions: AmerHST

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
For some reason, everything I write carries the risk of being seen as confrontational, condescending, insulting, ... by the other parties involved.
Even if it's a filled out tax form.

There are plenty of perfectly honest people that use F95zone.
*raises hand*

Pirates make up a sizeable majority here, though.
Including multiple Captain Fuck Sparrows ...

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
For some reason, everything I write carries the risk of being seen as confrontational, condescending, insulting, ... by the other parties involved.
Even if it's a filled out tax form.
Trust me, I know the feeling. Though, in my case, it's mostly because everyone that knows me assumes I'm sarcasic by default :rolleyes:. I'm usually pretty good at reading tone from text...but I kinda feel a spike of dread every time I open F95zone. So I'm not exactly surprised I misunderstood. Sorry :-(.

...Also, I may have filled out a few tax forms over the years in aggressive ways ;). It's surprisingly easy. All those little places for sarcastically written business expenses...

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Trix Weekend Date 13.png
Trix Weekend Date 14.png Trix Weekend Date 15.png Talia VR 14.png Talia VR 17.png Talia VR 20.png REvina Weekend Date 13.png REvina Weekend Date 15.png Arianna Date 10.png Arianna Date 13.png

It's that time again! I just last night...which means I also ! Build 4 was one of the largest to date, total content wise, though as it covered Weekend events (which are longer) there were fewer overall new scenes. That said, it contains 8 new scenes, with 13 new H-animations spread between them, and 98 new still renders. I'm pretty sure it also had the most text any update to this game has added thus far, as well, with two of the characters (Trix and Revina) getting a fair bit of background detail filled in.

Meanwhile, Build 3 added a higher number of shorter scenes, with a similar amount of total animation, adding 14 total scenes with 12 animations. More details are in the release notes...or my previous post earlier in this thread about Build 3's patron release ;-).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Build 3 Release Notes: ( )

Left Hand Magic Build 4 Release Notes

The primary focus of this build was to get the second set of Weekend events into the game. Additionally, per Patron voting, Trix received her Week 3 weekday events.

Included in this build:

- 4 New Weekend Events (1 for each girl). These are all rather long dates with dual-stage H-animations.

- A second solo/masturbation scene for the MC also available on the weekend.

- 3 New Weekday Events for Trix.

- A total of 13 new animations, spread across 8 new scenes

- 98 new still renders

- 7 new Gallery entries

- Oodles of character development

- Bugfixes and typo correction

- Also probably plenty of new bugs -_-

Reactions: N0b0dy1nh3r3

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Started playing and it looks great and is really interesting so far... one thing, the H scene control buttons, the text is really hard to read; maybe a much lighter font colour would make them more readable?

EDIT If Ariana is almost 250, that would make her "in her third century" :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Melmoth99

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Why does Build 3 have a file called Patch 3.01.zip in the game folder? Was the Patch installed by the Dev and forgot or is it something we need to install?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
NovusPeregrine

Trix's Event 1 sets the persistent.TaliaEvent1 variable.
Fairly certain that's supposed to be TrixEvent1.
Annnnddd you would be completely correct. Doesn't really matter for the public release, since that variable is related to gallery unlocks. But still important. Thanks for reporting it, not sure how it got missed in testing, given that I have to test each gallery unlock when I make them. *scratches head in confusion*

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Started playing and it looks great and is really interesting so far... one thing, the H scene control buttons, the text is really hard to read; maybe a much lighter font colour would make them more readable?

EDIT If Ariana is almost 250, that would make her "in her third century" :)
Ugh. You're the second person to comment on the H-scene buttons. I find them easy to read or I wouldn't have use those colors. But I'll maybe experiment with another option. I don't want something that doesn't match the general color tone, though, since then they are obnoxiously obvious.

Glad you like it so far otherwise, though! Oh, and your comment on Arianna, did I use the phrase second century somewhere to make you say that?

Isn't left hand magic where you Jack off with the alternate hand?
Strictly speaking, Left Hand Magic is a reference to ...but I may have intended it to have a double meaning ;-). It IS an adult game, after all...

Why does Build 3 have a file called Patch 3.01.zip in the game folder? Was the Patch installed by the Dev and forgot or is it something we need to install?
Oops? That's actually a left over from the original Patron-only release. The patch has already been incorporated into the Public Build so no, you don't need it. I just forgot to delete the patch zip file after patching the distrubition copy...

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Strictly speaking, Left Hand Magic is a reference to ...but I may have intended it to have a double meaning ;-). It IS an adult game, after all...
You need not give the reference but thank you. The left and right path in occult is from my experience either the idea of 'something above you' or 'finding your own path through yourself'. It is frequently explored in the Kabbalah, the idea of unification with the higher being or the individual self deification. An image I use is that while we have been birthed out of G-d we still have the umbilical cord, do we pull that cord and endeavor to once again have that state of being where there was no pain, no anger, no worry, no bills, no work, only complete unification with the mother or in this case creator of all, that state of innocence in the garden of Eden OR do we finally become our own person and seek to cut the umbilical cord once and for all?

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Ugh. You're the second person to comment on the H-scene buttons. I find them easy to read or I wouldn't have use those colors. But I'll maybe experiment with another option. I don't want something that doesn't match the general color tone, though, since then they are obnoxiously obvious.

PERHAPS AN OPTION BETWEEN CURRENT FONT COLOUR AND (example) A PALE VIOLET OPTION (I think this would work nicely).

Glad you like it so far otherwise, though! Oh, and your comment on Arianna, did I use the phrase second century somewhere to make you say that?

YEAH, YOU DID EXACTLY THAT... no biggie.

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
You need not give the reference but thank you. The left and right path in occult is from my experience either the idea of 'something above you' or 'finding your own path through yourself'. It is frequently explored in the Kabbalah, the idea of unification with the higher being or the individual self deification. An image I use is that while we have been birthed out of G-d we still have the umbilical cord, do we pull that cord and endeavor to once again have that state of being where there was no pain, no anger, no worry, no bills, no work, only complete unification with the mother or in this case creator of all, that state of innocence in the garden of Eden OR do we finally become our own person and seek to cut the umbilical cord once and for all?
Usage of the term varies pretty widely, for those are are even familiar with it at all. Which, I've discovered since naming the game, isn't that common, apparently :confused:. The usage I'm most familiar with is splitting magic usage between black magic and white magic (Left and Right respectively), which I think is the most common usage of the terms. Even if possibly not the most accurate. Though I've also encountered the less common definition of of the 'right' path being those that seek to serve a diety and the 'left' path being those who bow to no one. I know there are several other definitions that differ widely depending on their source, as well.

In-Universe for the game, as it were, I treat it like a societal categorization. In a world that's modern, but with magic, it makes sense that they would have a term for those magics which are 'deviant.' Not inherently evil, but viewed negatively because of how it was historically used in their world. The magics that each of the main characters use falling within that classification, hence both the name of their company, and their goal of making their magics more accepted. The MC is a partial exception in that, technically, her magic is closer to neutral. But her profession is considered anathema to a now relatively peaceful world. The equivalent of someone walking into Walmart with a rocket launcher strapped to their back and a pistol on each hip. As soon as they know what her specialty is, they are uncomfortable with knowing that she could probably reduce several city blocks to rubble in a few seconds.

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes