3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
So when they are doing the RSP models it will be interesting to see how they will do the H-scenes. I think it will then switching to a different picture/animation like in the final Cenvir scene? Otherwise only having side view would be bad.
I also prefer the old model much more, but I will wait for the demo to see what we will get.
100% agreed. I dont mind the RSP for walking around and talking to people (as long as it looks pleasing graphically and there is enough display of the body shapes (for both male and female), but when it comes to the scenes it will be a real challenge not to make it a 'boring' side-pose view where literally all you see is the side pose. A lof of interesting scenes that we have already had or that I can think of might not work with that camera angle.

My biggest concern is this "Game first, Hentai Second" theme. Does that mean we will have to wait ages for the game to move forward in the spicy direction?
All this stuff they want to add (puzzles, platforming, world map, fighting) just sounds like waaay to much for the game. In the end it should be (in my opinion) a corruption game with an interesting story. I really dont need a fighting system or whatever this companion system will be
I actually like that theme tbh. It would definitely make the waiting time more bearable and the progression in the game more fun if those things were added. As a gamer who does play more than just h games Id find it more worth my while in that case. Point and click is a bit drab for me and RPG maker games or Visual Novels have boringly simple mechanics for me so in the end those games never have a lot of replay potential once you unlucked the full gallery. If they design good interesting gameplay it would make the game a lot more fun for me. Especially if some of the mini-games and platforming and stuff involve lewd stuff (think of a mount-race on Cats or Reptilians that has a sexual element to it if Krystal goes down a certain path,.beastiality-elements (has been done with horses and dogs and the like before)). That would be another few interesting fetishes included.

That being said, I only would be okay iwth this "game first" approach if they know how to balance it properly. 3 months of "mostly just gameplay updates" followed by 1 or 2 CG updates just to go back to "more gameplay development" would be very annoying for me and if they do that people would probably start supporting for the months where stuff gets developed they personally find interesting and set out for a couple of months if the next update has nothing of interest depending on their personal interests.

So there needs to be a healthy balance of included scenes, and ESPECIALLY (that is even more important imo) lewd interactions, story bits and customes/gear on the one hand and gameplay, mini-games and combat systems on the other hand.

Kingdom of Deception used to strike a good balance on that if I remember correctly.

RazRazor

Sep 26, 2017
I could see that it could be cool to have a real big game with a lot do. I am just worried that with all the stuff they announced they added too much on their plate. But I will be the first person to change their mind if the Demo does it "right".

But I would prefer if the game would stay in its core true to the corruption/adventure theme, which could still be the case.

Reactions: dragonsix6969
May 29, 2018
Long story short:

- VladimirRomanov that places himself right now as a writer/director has already worked on LOK:Re in the past - he is one of the main collaborators and can be considered to be one of the ground developers from the start. As far as I understood, story that you have expirienced so far is by a large margin story that he himself designed for LOK:Re and he was the one who wrote the majority of dialogues and characters up to this moment.
As far as I understand he and Abelius had some kind of work-wise problems, which is why they later decided to stop working together. But as we can see right now - it seems that Abelius changed his mind and wellcomed Vladimir back.
What does it mean? It means that the story and characters and dialogues should stay the same way as they were - they will be changed here and there, but their very concept will not be altered. Whihc imo is a good thing, because so far I really enjoyed it.

- I tried to ask about Gizmo's (current new and the only one coder from now on) past, but it seems that he preferred to stay more or less Anonymous. Dev-s and collaborators didn't provide any info on him.
Though they said that he has AAA-game expirience and that he should be able to manage this game as a breeze.

- Archie, who is a new senior animator, on the other hand decided to share his portfolio.
You can check them out through the links that he provided via discord:

There also was mentioned that he contract-worked for WayForward (if that says something to you).

- Abelius from now on is going to be managing ONLY animations under supervision from Archie (since Archie seems to have much more expirience in animating department under his belt). No more scenery+dialogue+animating+coding all at once for Abel.

- Kuja is still the one and only artist of LOK:Re that we all know and love.

So yeah, thats basically what I know from hanging in the public discord.

P.s. Yeah, it seems that Trello will no longer be a viable thing. Maybe at all, since they are goign to revamp the whole project. So yes, R.I.P. LOK's Trello.
Wow, his moving animations are pretty impressive... If this is how the game will flow I'll be super impressed and happy.

lolkjju

Aug 3, 2017
Act
Its somwhat further from that.
Their idea of revamping is that they want to do the project from the start according to the very first concept of the game. Previously I wrote that Vlad was a writer of this project but then he and Abel didn't go well together, so Abel stopped co-working with him. By that point there was only so much done, so the latest updates already didnt have Vlad's vision, this is why Abel had problems with the script and stuff... Now that they are revamping the game, they want to stick close to the original ideas, and since they re-hired Vlad, he will be able to finish his vision of the game.

To that said: they now have a vision of "Game first, hentai second" and now they want add such things to the game as real side view models, world map, more fleet story, clothes and skins, weapons and combat, revamp Cenvir's character for him to be a total douchebag, add a companion system and a minigame "pterodactyl races". From Vlad's words they reference KOTOR's mechanics very heavily.

Also from the talk with Vlad, it seems that the story will gain darker and more serious tones. It looks like that he despises the idea of LOK being light-headed, no-problem date simulator, so he wants to implement a much more serious approach.

So what do you think of that?
I personally was totally ok with a light-headed tone of the game where it was all fun and hentai.
Can't they just finish this goddam game first instead of creating a clone?

humi198

Jul 2, 2017
well i also read some where in discord that its going to be W,A,S,D movement instead of mouse clicking
So if you think a little bit i think it also include upward and downward movement.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Yeah but still, if you think about it, this game has been in development for almost 2 years now if Im not wrong, maybe even longer. I know I have followed it for this long cause I found it shortly after Hreinn Games. And in all honesty, since then its just been a drag. Comparing this to other projects - that also moved at a slow pace at times - its just been super slow.

And starting it again will not make anyone very confident in them. Worse comes to worst they will loose so many patrons that they cant afford to pay their team anymore. They will have to take irl jobs or loose members, it will fizzle out, less and less updates will come, more patrons will leave and the project will die.

A AAA games takes 3 - 5 years to be developed. And some of these freaking patreon games that dont even have that much in them take forever. I get its a small team, but its very comparable to indie games, and even official indie devs dont take that long for development. And then there is the inconsistencies.

"Oh wait let me restart the entire thing. Lets make the scope even bigger. Lets promise everyone a castle in the sky then start making a shoddy ground castle that we will build up half-way then abandon it again or start remaking it...."

:cautious:

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Notable game that took 3-5 years to make is A Robot Named Fight.
Randomly generated giant Metroid-like maps, tons of items, music, 8 distinct giant areas, etc.
It was done by a single person.
Axiom Verge too. Games made by hobbyists on their own, far more complex than Point n' Click, finished.
It's rude to compare things like that for Patreon usually because people have real lives to attend to, I get this.
Kuja just goes on trips though and vanishes when he feels like it.
Maybe with 5 people working with him there'll be more pressure to actually work but quite honestly I'm expecting a Breeding Season Redux.
I like being wrong though, cynicism is depressing and if it's confirmed I'll be sad.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Great news.
Having learnt what works and what doesn't by creating on this iteration of the game the Lok team surely has the know how to build a new game spared of game-breaking issues with the help of additional developers paid by the furry shekels.

humi198

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah but still, if you think about it, this game has been in development for almost 2 years now if Im not wrong, maybe even longer. I know I have followed it for this long cause I found it shortly after Hreinn Games. And in all honesty, since then its just been a drag. Comparing this to other projects - that also moved at a slow pace at times - its just been super slow.

And starting it again will not make anyone very confident in them. Worse comes to worst they will loose so many patrons that they cant afford to pay their team anymore. They will have to take irl jobs or loose members, it will fizzle out, less and less updates will come, more patrons will leave and the project will die.

A AAA games takes 3 - 5 years to be developed. And some of these freaking patreon games that dont even have that much in them take forever. I get its a small team, but its very comparable to indie games, and even official indie devs dont take that long for development. And then there is the inconsistencies.

"Oh wait let me restart the entire thing. Lets make the scope even bigger. Lets promise everyone a castle in the sky then start making a shoddy ground castle that we will build up half-way then abandon it again or start remaking it...."

:cautious:
you are right that was main problem they are earning too much for 2 man project im saying it from start that they should add team but now they did lets see for demo and following 1,2 update it will reveal whether they are serious or not.

azzazz

Nov 21, 2017
you are right that was main problem they are earning too much for 2 man project im saying it from start that they should add team but now they did lets see for demo and following 1,2 update it will reveal whether they are serious or not.
They aren't serious, it's like every other failed project. Excuses and delays until it just gets canned.

Reactions: Parthornax

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
well if its really is going to get canceled than i have one question why it only happen to lok game
It's happened to a lot of games. Look at all the games in the Abandoned tag.
LOK games have just consistently gotten way out of hand for the developers because they tried for too much knowing too little.
The scope got too big to reach. It's like Star Citizen on a microscopic scale.

Reactions: Mechonyo

humi198

Jul 2, 2017
It's happened to a lot of games. Look at all the games in the Abandoned tag.
LOK games have just consistently gotten way out of hand for the developers because they tried for too much knowing too little.
The scope got too big to reach. It's like Star Citizen on a microscopic scale.
well it depends on creator what scope he made.LOK version G is small game nice play of 1 hour i guess but there are alot of good furry game developer but there is one thing that i dont understand why they always make gay games i know its their choice but gay is not my thing almost 95% of furry games are gay games in my opinion.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
well it depends on creator what scope he made.LOK version G is small game nice play of 1 hour i guess but there are alot of good furry game developer but there is one thing that i dont understand why they always make gay games i know its their choice but gay is not my thing almost 95% of furry games are gay games in my opinion.
Well that gay thing has nothing to do with this thread(sorta), the furry community just so happens to be mostly male, and since they're very comfortable with their sexuality gay art happens. Might also be that penises are a lot more fun to draw, like it or not vaginas are kinda lame to draw, just a slit with some details, you have a big spectrum of penis shapes and such though, especially with anthro animals. Not much more to it and I'm done talking about it or I'll get modded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mechonyo

humi198

Jul 2, 2017
Well that gay thing has nothing to do with this thread(sorta), the furry community just so happens to be mostly male, and since they're very comfortable with their sexuality gay art happens. Might also be that penises are a lot more fun to draw, like it or not vaginas are kinda lame to draw, just a slit with some details, you have a big spectrum of penis shapes and such though, especially with anthro animals. Not much more to it and I'm done talking about it or I'll get modded.
thats the reason i asked if female furry model is so boring why ppl like crystal so much :D

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes