3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

humi198

Jul 2, 2017
all you guys saying is right i think that too but still i intent to be positive my problem with them was they are earning too much for just 2 man project they should hire more ppl but now they did hire a team and starting from scrap.
I have a little hope that this might work cause they are not a 2 man project anymore but a whole team if they still make excuses even after making a game from the starting point then nothing can be said about this project.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

UnitaryMatrix

Feb 20, 2018
Hiring new people to work on this game, especially with the amount they were earning on Patreon, is definitely a good idea - they have more than enough resources to spread around in order to hurry the project up (and expand on the scope in the process)... But, just exactly who are these new people?

We only know that "Gizmo is a coder", that "Archie is an animator that has worked on some impressive projects", and that Vlademir Romanov is a "writer/director". Not only are their descriptions exceptionally vague to their previous work, but their names are so ubiquitous that there's no way to look them up. Believe me, I tried. Anyone know about their previous work?

There also appears to be no other trello board moderated by Abelius, and no new members have been added to the old one.

Edit: There's a user on the forums going by the name of Gizmo1206 that Abelius corresponded with, could that be the aforementioned programmer?

Last edited:

NC_Blitz

Apr 29, 2018
Is it possible to be fully naked in this 0.8 current build. I've maxed out every stat and pretty much seen all of the scenes.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
Hiring new people to work on this game, especially with the amount they were earning on Patreon, is definitely a good idea - they have more than enough resources to spread around in order to hurry the project up (and expand on the scope in the process)... But, just exactly who are these new people?

We only know that "Gizmo is a coder", that "Archie is an animator that has worked on some impressive projects", and that Vlademir Romanov is a "writer/director". Not only are their descriptions exceptionally vague to their previous work, but their names are so ubiquitous that there's no way to look them up. Believe me, I tried. Anyone know about their previous work?

There also appears to be no other trello board moderated by Abelius, and no new members have been added to the old one.

Edit: There's a user on the forums going by the name of Gizmo1206 that Abelius corresponded with, could that be the aforementioned programmer?
Long story short:

- VladimirRomanov that places himself right now as a writer/director has already worked on LOK:Re in the past - he is one of the main collaborators and can be considered to be one of the ground developers from the start. As far as I understood, story that you have expirienced so far is by a large margin story that he himself designed for LOK:Re and he was the one who wrote the majority of dialogues and characters up to this moment.
As far as I understand he and Abelius had some kind of work-wise problems, which is why they later decided to stop working together. But as we can see right now - it seems that Abelius changed his mind and wellcomed Vladimir back.
What does it mean? It means that the story and characters and dialogues should stay the same way as they were - they will be changed here and there, but their very concept will not be altered. Whihc imo is a good thing, because so far I really enjoyed it.

- I tried to ask about Gizmo's (current new and the only one coder from now on) past, but it seems that he preferred to stay more or less Anonymous. Dev-s and collaborators didn't provide any info on him.
Though they said that he has AAA-game expirience and that he should be able to manage this game as a breeze.

- Archie, who is a new senior animator, on the other hand decided to share his portfolio.
You can check them out through the links that he provided via discord:

There also was mentioned that he contract-worked for WayForward (if that says something to you).

- Abelius from now on is going to be managing ONLY animations under supervision from Archie (since Archie seems to have much more expirience in animating department under his belt). No more scenery+dialogue+animating+coding all at once for Abel.

- Kuja is still the one and only artist of LOK:Re that we all know and love.

So yeah, thats basically what I know from hanging in the public discord.

P.s. Yeah, it seems that Trello will no longer be a viable thing. Maybe at all, since they are goign to revamp the whole project. So yes, R.I.P. LOK's Trello.

UnitaryMatrix

Feb 20, 2018
Long story short:

- VladimirRomanov that places himself right now as a writer/director has already worked on LOK:Re in the past - he is one of the main collaborators and can be considered to be one of the ground developers from the start. As far as I understood, story that you have expirienced so far is by a large margin story that he himself designed for LOK:Re and he was the one who wrote the majority of dialogues and characters up to this moment.
As far as I understand he and Abelius had some kind of work-wise problems, which is why they later decided to stop working together. But as we can see right now - it seems that Abelius changed his mind and wellcomed Vladimir back.
What does it mean? It means that the story and characters and dialogues should stay the same way as they were - they will be changed here and there, but their very concept will not be altered. Whihc imo is a good thing, because so far I really enjoyed it.

- I tried to ask about Gizmo's (current new and the only one coder from now on) past, but it seems that he preferred to stay more or less Anonymous. Dev-s and collaborators didn't provide any info on him.
Though they said that he has AAA-game expirience and that he should be able to manage this game as a breeze.

- Archie, who is a new senior animator, on the other hand decided to share his portfolio.
You can check them out through the links that he provided via discord:

There also was mentioned that he contract-worked for WayForward (if that says something to you).

- Abelius from now on is going to be managing ONLY animations under supervision from Archie (since Archie seems to have much more expirience in animating department under his belt). No more scenery+dialogue+animating+coding all at once for Abel.

- Kuja is still the one and only artist of LOK:Re that we all know and love.

So yeah, thats basically what I know from hanging in the public discord.

P.s. Yeah, it seems that Trello will no longer be a viable thing. Maybe at all, since they are goign to revamp the whole project. So yes, R.I.P. LOK's Trello.
Thanks for taking the time to look this stuff up, really! Obviously, I can definitely see why you'd want to remain an anon when working on the development of a H-game, I was mostly curious! If he's a AAA programmer, then that's fab!
However, I'm more excited about them acquiring an animator from Wayforward (Shantae games are well known for having smooth animations)! From his portfolio, it seems he's already acquainted to Spine, which is what Team LOK have been using.

I'd say this is very good news!

efarseer

Dec 5, 2017
Do I understand correctly? They make games from scratch, and you need to wait another month for the release?

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
They made it sound like they're putting out a small demo to show the new capabilities of the team, and then they'll go back to working on the actual game and put out proper updates while also retroactively improving the rest of the established game.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Kuja never used it anyway, no big loss.
I think most devs forget they can use it, it's an added step that most people don't look at.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Couple of things:

1. Not sure if an AAA-programmer isnt wasted on this project. I hope the man gets payed enough for his hard work
1b. That counts for all, I hope with hiring this team he actually has some people who are passionate but also get compensated for the work they will put in. If not I hope they are just doing this as a side-job

2. The work of the lead animator looks really solid. The only concern I might have is his artstyle seems very bubbly and not in line with what LoK was so far, but if Kuj. sticks to the core design I hope that wont change a lot.

3. I hope TO GOD OR ALL THE POWERS IN THE UNIVERSE that they are not seriously attempting to completely re-do all the things they have done so far, because if they do that and it even takes half as long as the game took until now Im just not interested anymore. Like come tf on, just add new stuff. I hope all they do engine-wise now is to polish the code and make the gameplay more fun. If they start from scratch Im gonna loose it.

At that point it would just scream "cash cow" from all sides. Like Abel going up to those new team members being like "cmon, you guys dont have a job atm. Im just gonna put out your names behind this project and the backers will come back and pay more again. We do that for a few months, get some minor stuff done, then I announce that unfortunately financial funds are not enough to pay you guys and either they will pay us more or you guys can move on to other jobs"

Sorry for that cynical thought experiment, but its not far off considering all the stuff I have seen people on patreon pull off, esp. in the adult game section.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
My only hope is, assuming they don't fuck it all up, get into a fight in 2 months and have a drama bomb that splinters into 4 separate games like other Patreons have... uhhh that they don't go the way of making every scene a garbage CG animation like that Cenvir one. That would upset me, though it would not surprise me.

Reactions: loll1

SicilyAB

Feb 16, 2019
Why did they decide to restart? I think the base is pretty good, adding cum effects and barks (calling you a slut etc) and shortening the grind would make the game way more fun and enjoyable.

humi198

Jul 2, 2017
Why did they decide to restart? I think the base is pretty good, adding cum effects and barks (calling you a slut etc) and shortening the grind would make the game way more fun and enjoyable.
the reason they want to do that beacause of the new team consist of 5 or 6 member.Kuja and Abe knew all about game mechanics and how things done but all other have to learn it from the start (im not talking about how to use spine or anyother software im talking about game mechanics) back in january kuja was working on RSP(real side pose) models and thinking of changing the whole game to RSP models.I think thats the reason they are starting from scratch so other member also know whats happening from start and also introduce RSP models.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes