3.60 star(s) 32 Votes
Jul 28, 2017
This is funnier.
Chill the h*ck out, it took you more effort to whine about them than it did to post out of laziness.

December 2016 or so.
At least that's the earliest mention I can find of it on the LOK forums themselves.
For a two-man team who are allegedly working fulltime, up to 12 hours a day, a game like this would've been done late 2017 or halfway through 2018 at the very latest.
But alas, 'tis mega early beta like every other Patreon project. 0.8 is inaccurate as fuck.

Too bad it seems just like "New Life" cash cow grab that is never going to be finished. Shame really because it is very decent from Art and Story point much better than those ugly 3D male with protagonits that looks as if he escaped pirmary school. So my only Hope is Kingdom Deception

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
So How long this game has been in development? Because there is not a lot of content
Dunno. Lacking content is one of the devs specialty. Also heard they're getting lazier as the money stacks higher, too.

You get 2 to 3 scenes tops in each of every update.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Too bad it seems just like "New Life" cash cow grab that is never going to be finished. Shame really because it is very decent from Art and Story point much better than those ugly 3D male with protagonits that looks as if he escaped pirmary school. So my only Hope is Kingdom Deception
Kingdom of Deception... I haven't heard anything from the devs lately. Don't forget Dystopian Project as well, they are now getting back on track, I heard.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Kingdom of Deception... I haven't heard anything from the devs lately. Don't forget Dystopian Project as well, they are now getting back on track, I heard.
Im on their discord. ngl. I havent heard a lot either lately. Im giving them 1 buck per month cause I know them personally and I know they mean well. But there has been a bit of a shortage of developments lately.

Reactions: spammerkami

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Im on their discord. ngl. I havent heard a lot either lately. Im giving them 1 buck per month cause I know them personally and I know they mean well. But there has been a bit of a shortage of developments lately.
Kingdom of Deception could fall into limbo or abandoned completely, but I do hope that what we are all feared doesn't come to fruition. KoD is such a good game and what a waste if left abandoned.

Reactions: Ion.TemUS
Jan 18, 2018
Last release i made a comment that these developers were absolutely milking their patrons and were delivering the bare minimum amount of content to keep taking their money. While I still believe that has been the case for the past few updates, the news released by the devs that they acknowledge they're underperforming and have hired additional staff to improve upon the game actually brings a little light at the end of the tunnel. We'll be able to judge for ourselves next release, but I'm cautiously optimistic that they may actually turn things around. Seeing a dev own up to their failings and work to correct them is almost unheard of on patreon games like this, so i give them props for that at least.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
On the contrary it's actually super common for them to "own up" to their mistakes and continue to make them, new staff or not.
Sometimes they'll even go ahead and shit on the people giving them money afterward too.
I'm just hoping this doesn't get copyright-free and suddenly show up on Epic Games.

Actually nevermind that'd be fucking hilarious.

Jan 18, 2018
On the contrary it's actually super common for them to "own up" to their mistakes and continue to make them, new staff or not.
Sometimes they'll even go ahead and shit on the people giving them money afterward too.
I'm just hoping this doesn't get copyright-free and suddenly show up on Epic Games.

Actually nevermind that'd be fucking hilarious.
That's true. I suppose that saying they're working to correct them is premature. Guess we'll see in the coming releases if nothing changes or if improvements are actually made.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
That's true. I suppose that saying they're working to correct them is premature. Guess we'll see in the coming releases if nothing changes or if improvements are actually made.
I hope my cynicism is proved wrong but it's hard to be optimistic at this point, for me anyway.
There's lots of people who see this is a turning point. We'll see.

Reactions: Ion.TemUS

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Yeah. Started out as a good nice project.
Hickups happen, sometimes an update is late because something goes wrong.
Sometimes they prioritize the engine over the actual gameplay or story, but thats fine, its good long-term.

But it kind of got a bit straining when there were interruption and delay after delay or releases with little to no knew content. Then the whole "out of country" story and all that jazz. Oh boy.

Look, everbody has troubles, thats fine. But I cant just tell my boss "sorry dude I cant come to work for the next month cause there is this girl and you know Im gonna be flying to the Phillipines now and stuff". But sure, this is not like an actual working job, its freelance I get that, he doesnt owe us anything in the end. But then to go have trouble AGAIN where you cant do anything. Cmon Bruh.

And before anybody says anything, I actually was a patron for a couple of months before this bullshit started.
Just hoping things go back to how they were before this whole ordeal and this doesnt turn into another dead game cash cow.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I was supporting him too for a while, I don't recall when I stopped but it was around the time he started coming up with more excuses than updates. The Philippines trip made me reconsider re-pledging.
With a whole team to work on the game surely he can't fugg it up that bad. :LLLL

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
It's a Krystal game, my dude. It can't get more cursed than it is.
Instead, we should actually be trying to jinx it so it gets even more cursed and eventually underflows into being finished early with 30 hours of content.
IRL RNG manipulation.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes