Recommending Lesbian Protagonist Games List (My Version)

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
One thing I've always found odd about the tags and now planned tags is that there is no tag for straight content or straight protag. The problem with not having a straight tag is that you can't differentiate between a game having or not having straight content.

With straight tags we could have:
  • 100% lesbian: female protag + lesbian protag + lesbian (100% because it lacks straight tag)
  • Mainly lesbian with some straight content: female protag + lesbian protag + lesbian + straight
  • 100% straight: female protag + straight protag + straight (100% because it lacks lesbian tag)
  • Mainly straight with some lesbian: female protag + straight protag + straight + lesbian
  • Can freely choose between men and women to pursue: female protag + bisexual protag + straight + lesbian
  • Can choose between straight and lesbian, but there is a 100% lesbian route and 100% straight route: female protag + straight protag + lesbian protag + bisexual protag + straight + lesbian.
  • You can choose both gender and sexuality, example Toro 7: male protag + female protag + straight protag + lesbian protag + straight + lesbian (note the lack of bisexual protag, there is no bisexual protag in Toro 7)
And so on. There are probably cases this doesn't cover, but we can't have everything. :)
I assume the mod didn't propose a straight tag because it would be applied to the vast majority of the games here. And they didn't saw how it could be useful. I believe they didn't thought that it could be more useful for the one that don't want any straight content, than those who want some or only straight content.

Dec 7, 2020
Seems that they updated the new tag list:

https://f95zone.to/sam/planned_tags-v2.html

Lesbian/gay/bisexual protagonist tags have been replaced with lesbian/gay/bisexual route tags. So as for now, there's not an option to combine protagonist and route tags to give extra information.

And it seems that they still don't want to add specific straight tags, who knows why. Official reason by a mod in the new tags thread was "people can never agree on what is straight", which sounds ridiculous. I don't know what they gain by omitting information in the tags, but whatever.

Last edited:

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Official reason by a mod in the new tags thread was "people can never agree on what is straight", which sounds ridiculous.
It is ridiculous. Tags have definitions. It's their job as the people making the tags to define them. Just decide on a definition that fits the site's needs and enforce that. If people don't agree with the definition that's decided, point them to it and say "this is what it is on F95 regardless of what you think it is elsewhere." That's how tags have always worked anyway.

Aug 28, 2021
Official reason by a mod in the new tags thread was "people can never agree on what is straight", which sounds ridiculous. I don't know what they gain by omitting information in the tags, but whatever.
Some folks, not many, think that a women touching a dude anus, it's gay. :oops: Some even think that about a guy giving cunnilingus (yeah, I know... :eek: )

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Lesbian/gay/bisexual protagonist tags have been replaced with lesbian/gay/bisexual route tags. So as for now, there's not an option to combine protagonist and route tags to give extra information.
If the replacement happens automatically it won't help at all, because all games that are tagged with the wrong lesbian will get the tag lesbian protag and still be wrong.
And if the current games don't get updated either and there isn't a moderation for the games that will come in the future, then this whole discussion is pointless.

Dec 7, 2020
Some folks, not many, think that a women touching a dude anus, it's gay. :oops: Some even think that about a guy giving cunnilingus (yeah, I know... :eek: )
Yeah, I've heard stuff like that too xD. I actually would say that it's a more common belief than you think.

Everything that isn't a buff dudebro with a horse cock penetrating some dumb girl can't be straight, of course.

If the replacement happens automatically it won't help at all, because all games that are tagged with the wrong lesbian will get the tag lesbian protag and still be wrong.
And if the current games don't get updated either and there isn't a moderation for the games that will come in the future, then this whole discussion is pointless.
I don't think they'll do anything automatically. There are a lot of new tags which don't event have any indirect equivalent in the old (and totally useless) tag system, so they can't automatically tag that.

I guess they expect that active game threads get their tags eventually updated by whoever created the thread. As for not active old game threads, who knows.

Last edited:

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Cunnilingus is gay now? I can't keep up with the modern world...
Oh, that one is ancient. Ancient Rome-level ancient.
Cunnilingus was (and, in some circles, is) considered an extremely unmasculine thing to do, because men put themselves in a "subordinate" position. Can't have that in a hyperpatriarchal society.

Dec 7, 2020
Cunnilingus is gay now? I can't keep up with the modern world...
Well, it's like "lesbian sex isn't even real sex" or things like that, there's people who think like that.

And as feierflei says, being "top" has always been "manly", and being "bottom" has always been "unmanly", so it doesn't matter that a guy and a gal have sex, if she puts her finger insider his anus he's totally gay. So it's not that he likes anal stimulation or something, which has nothing to do with whoever he likes having sex xD, no, he's gay.

And if some guy hugs a male friend or something, he's gay.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I guess they expect that active game threads get their tags eventually updated by whoever created the thread. As for not active old game threads, who knows.
again, we'll have problems except there's a human moderation that opens and plays the game to see what it's really about.
Because, if games that today are tagged lesbian are tagged lesbian protag or lesbian rote because whoever is changing the tags, without seeing what's really lesbian in the game, then the tagging and the new ones will still be wrong.
And if it's the game's producer who's going to change it, who's going to make sure it doesn't go under the wrong tag just to attract the widest possible audience.

Reactions: EndlessNights
Dec 7, 2020
again, we'll have problems except there's a human moderation that opens and plays the game to see what it's really about.
Because, if games that today are tagged lesbian are tagged lesbian protag or lesbian rote because whoever is changing the tags, without seeing what's really lesbian in the game, then the tagging and the new ones will still be wrong.
And if it's the game's producer who's going to change it, who's going to make sure it doesn't go under the wrong tag just to attract the widest possible audience.
I guess they expect that active game threads get properly tagged... eventually, by whoever created the thread, and if they don't do it, I guess they expect other users who participate in the thread and that know the game's content to say "this game should have this new tags", so that the thread's creator updates the tags... or if they don't, the mods.

There has always been a lot of tag drama in some popular game threads, so with the tagging system change I expect to see a lot of tag talk in popular game threads, until more or less they get "properly" tagged.

So I think it'll be a slow process, but that popular active games will eventually get more or less "properly" tagged. Older inactive/abandoned/not so popular games I guess won't have that luck.

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Which means that, without proper moderation, games that will get the lesbian route tag will all be with descriptions like "my game is a lesbian game" and sample screenshots like this:

View attachment 2807462
But if cunnilingus is gay, does that mean sucking dicks is... wait, what's the opposite of gay? straight or lesbian? I'm so confused now...

• Haha
Reactions: damnedfrog

Oct 26, 2017
But if cunnilingus is gay, does that mean sucking dicks is... wait, what's the opposite of gay? straight or lesbian? I'm so confused now...
Don't overthink it. It's just a craving of dicks regardless of gender and sexual orientation - and something we don't recommend here and avoid like the Gray Death.
" lesbian-route : A route exists where the protagonist is a female who only engages in sexual contact with other females. "
well the tag seems to me that it will improve things since it has a strict rule.
Sounds like a decent use-case for "lax" females only with MC focus where the idea is whether the game can be completed without any filthy non-female parts ruining adult fun. I like it if it's used properly.

Of course, you'll always have someone claim that lesbians can grow dicks too and as such, it is a lesbian route as long as the protagonist is female and has sex with females, which leads to cleanup nightmares.

Adding "all body parts, including but not restricted to genitalia, must be female and only female" feels redundant and exaggerated but as of 2023, it has become mandatory in a definition for people to get the damn point. Eldritch horrors who clearly look like biological females also qualify, but how do you phrase that for the average developer/moderator?*

*Covers edge trolling cases with limb grafting, mostly zombies, golems and other kinds of constructs.

Edit: Yeah, I'm overthinking it too, but better safe than sorry if we're ever allowed to tag something and wipe bad tags.

Last edited: