Recommending Lesbian Protagonist Games List (My Version)

Jun 6, 2022
" lesbian-route : A route exists where the protagonist is a female who only engages in sexual contact with other females. "
well the tag seems to me that it will improve things since it has a strict rule.
On second thought the new tag is not going to be as good as I had hoped.

games like collegecraze, shygirl etc are going to be able to use them, i.e. games where the lesbian content is not even 10% of the game, the main characters drool over every man they meet and where a wrongly taken decision can lead you to a surprise dick.

I would have preferred the tag only for lesbian games, that way it would be easier to look for lesbian only games, when I would like to relax without worrying about making choices, reading how the protagonist drools over a man, no dick surprises.

personally, now that I see it, I don't think there will be much change.
The new tag would be easily solved with a straight content tag, and it would only be necessary to exclude it to find lesbian games.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
On second thought the new tag is not going to be as good as I had hoped.

games like collegecraze, shygirl etc are going to be able to use them, i.e. games where the lesbian content is not even 10% of the game, the main characters drool over every man they meet and where a wrongly taken decision can lead you to a surprise dick.

I would have preferred the tag only for lesbian games, that way it would be easier to look for lesbian only games, when I would like to relax without worrying about making choices, reading how the protagonist drools over a man, no dick surprises.
That's why I thought your idea to have both lesbian protagonist and lesbian route tags was so powerful. The combination of those tags really gives a much clearer picture of what to expect from a game because we learn about who the MC is as a person from the protagonist tag (which should encompass her thoughts, feelings of attraction, and the range of choices she'd likely consider making) and we learn about what content is available/avoidable from the route tags. When you come up with a super genius idea like that, you should stick with it!

personally, now that I see it, I don't think there will be much change.
The new tag would be easily solved with a straight content tag, and it would only be necessary to exclude it to find lesbian games.
Even that wouldn't be a perfect solution though I agree it would definitely be helpful. If you just filter out all games with straight content, that would get rid of some games that actually do have mostly lesbian content but also have a small number of avoidable straight scenes like Mistress Elizabeth's example of Naughty Lyanna. It would also exclude games like Toro 7, Life Changes for Keeley, Mythos, and Heavy Five that let you choose the MC's gender and/or sexuality at the start of the game.

EDIT: Just editing this post to throw out another idea I had which has probably been suggested before. So, for bisexual protagonist games with lesbian routes I was thinking "mostly lesbian content" and "mostly straight content" tags would be helpful to indicate the game's primary focus. So something like College Craze would get the "mostly straight content" tag while a game like Naughty Lyanna would get the "mostly lesbian content" tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowsette s slave

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I found LesbianDating Simulator and Lesbian Nudist resort to both be lacking.

The whole "choose a girl by number on the title screen and then just play straight through her story" is not appealing to me.
Such developers don't care much about depth of plot or quality. It's the depth of wallet they are after, as already stated.

I can't check on their many Patreons (why so many, by the way?) because all crowdfunding sites and social medias are banned here but I'm curious on how they operate.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Such developers don't care much about depth of plot or quality. It's the depth of wallet they are after, as already stated.

I can't check on their many Patreons (why so many, by the way?) because all crowdfunding sites and social medias are banned here but I'm curious on how they operate.
Well, you already answered your question. That is how they operate.
One patreon/game means more money coming in.

With 10 low-tier Patreon paywalls, you'll make more money than with a single Patreon for 10 games.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
I'm telling y'all, a WLW/sapphic tag.

You can't pin this down with exact, specific qualifications. Don't think of it like a definition or a quota, think of it like a genre. It's a vibes based distinction.
You can tell us whatever you want, that's the issue.
The tags are a "vibe".

There are too many games tagged female protagonist and lesbian where lesbian content is close to nonexistent. (and some where I wonder why there is even a female protagonist tag when 99% of the game is from a single male POV)

That's why we need more definitive and less of a vibe tags, so there is no surprise or open interpretation of what is in the game.

Stormyyy

Oct 14, 2018
Hey guys and ladies, could anyone try this game for me?

I got it from Ryuugames. But the game seems too lightweight, so I'm afraid that this might be just a demo. And I hate to be cliffhangered by demos, series or whatever. The game itself works properly, already checked, but I didn't prying futher than main menu.

Checked it out and it's the full thing. It's quite nice, full lesbian but mostly focused on finding your father. You can finish it in an hour.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Wait, you've got it backwards. "Close to nonexistent" means it is still there, therefore it technically qualifies for the tag. And technicalities are the sort of thing you get from specifics, not vibes.

More rigid qualifications just means more bizarre loopholes, meaning the qualifications wind up more specific to try and plug the loopholes, but also makes the whole process and its rules more arbitrary to the layman. In response to the new rules, the loopholes get even more bizarre, and on and on and on. This is why any beaurocratic regulatory institution grows endlessly and gets completely incomprehensible and borderline unusable after a while.

It's either gonna wind up as subjective input from the mods/the community at large or we're going to be having legal debates on the exact percentage of screen time man-dongs are allowed to be present before it's no longer gay.
And you still completely miss the point.

We need more accurate tags because we don't want content that is technically there. We want accurate tags because the content is the main or even the only focus of the game.

We don't want more bizarre loopholes, we don't want loopholes at all.

Your way of thinking is "There is a problem, so ignore the problem, because it could be worse"

Our way of thinking is "There is a problem, so let's find a solution to get rid of the problem altogether"

We are aware there are loopholes, that's why we are debating to find a way to get rid of them. We are plenty aware that as for any problem, the perfect solution doesn't exist. That doesn't mean every solution has to be ignored.

When I play a lesbian game, I have two simple expectations:
-No male POV (like The god of Yuri School, like seriously, WTF?!)
-And... you know... most of the interactions/romances/sex stuff being between women. AKA, no dicks involved

When none of them are prominent in the game, I don't care about the technicalities or vibes. yes, there might be lesbian content in the game. yes, the game qualifies for the lesbian tag.

And that's exactly why we need tags that explicitly focus on lesbian content, aka "lesbian protagonist", "lesbian route", "lesbian only", and "women only".

And yes, it's still not perfect, considering some games have a good amount of lesbian content but also as much straight or gay content, and those games would be left out by some of those tags. That's why we are debating to try and find a solution.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I think these kinds of discussions about tags should happen in the appropriate tag thread. Discussing them here means less interference from people who couldn't give less of a fuck about what we want but it also means the people who will actually make the tags and the new search won't see any of it.
I've proposed a "women only" tag in that thread and I think I've pretty much been ignored because not enough people are talking about it there. Instead everyone is way more focused on talking about the 15 different types of NTR and 30 variations of futa.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I think these kinds of discussions about tags should happen in the appropriate tag thread. Discussing them here means less interference from people who couldn't give less of a fuck about what we want but it also means the people who will actually make the tags and the new search won't see any of it.
I've proposed a "women only" tag in that thread and I think I've pretty much been ignored because not enough people are talking about it there. Instead everyone is way more focused on talking about the 15 different types of NTR and 30 variations of futa.
The problem with that thread is that most reasonable people avoid it because they have better things to do than argue with trolls. This thread is the only one that I participate in where there are reasonable people discussing the tags.

The other thing is that the more I think about it I find the whole revamp to be focused on the wrong things. Seemingly the only thing they ask is what tags should be there. But in my opinion, a revamp should be based on how the users should use the tag system.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I honestly think this discussion about the type of tag or which tag should be placed or not is a little pointless. before we discuss with the tag will be and will work the important thing is to know
1 - who will put the tags in the games
2 - will there be a serious and effective moderation on top of this?

Because if there's no enforcement, it doesn't matter if it's a lesbian tag or a lesbian protg tag or a lesbian route or none of that.
So, I think we need to know that first and see if moderation is going to act on that. If not, the tag will continue to be placed in the wrong games and people will continue to get dicks in the face

Reactions: bacienvu88
Dec 7, 2020
Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite finished lesbian game?

V.U.L.V.A. for me.
I also like V.U.L.V.A. (cheesiest name ever xD), except for some animations that look weird. I really like the goth girl, Alex. Its sequel, C.L.I.T. (yeah, amazing name too), where the main cast are V.U.L.V.A. characters' daughters, and that, for some reason, changed focus from sports to... superheroines, is a good game too, the bad thing is that it's unfinished, and it's been a long time since it received important updates.

Another finished game that I like is Naughty Lyanna Season 1. Although it does have some content with guys, luckily it's fully avoidable and all of the canon content is lesbian. I really love the main cast, their interactions, and the over the top story and character's antics. Season 2 is also great, but it's still unfinished. I think it's already longer than Season 1, though.

Another finished game that I really like is Blackberry Honey, beautiful yuri romance and few but good sex scenes. Although some elements of the story disappointed me a bit, like some characters not getting their motivations properly expained. But it's still a very nice story.

Last edited:

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite finished lesbian game?

V.U.L.V.A. for me.
Welp there are many interesting games which are still in development right now (western style Vn's) , but regarding finished games i would say it has to be the Sono and the Flowers franchise ( also another game who doesn't get the amount of love it deserves is "The Curse of Kudan" (no sexual content but a great story and lovely LI's - the same dev has more interesting lesbian based games which are worth checking out - you are even able to learn a new language because of that :sneaky: !))!

Also a little gem imo is the Panda game " Teen Zombie in your Cabin" sounds cheesy but it's actually a great lesbian game...

Anyway i won't say one of those games are my fav, cause all of them have their own flavor and style which makes them interesting !:WeSmart:

Reactions: EndlessNights

killyourname

Jul 25, 2020
Last edited:

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
As I know, the best thing humanity has produced is A Summer's End - Hong Kong 1986.
But you also can enjoy following games: Blackberry Honey and Heart Of The Wood.

And I also want to ask, out of craving, what's everyone's favorite ROMANTIC lesbian game?
A bit of hyperbole, but yes, A Summer's End is a great game. Power through the beginning, because I almost would have missed out if I hadn't; not enough show, too much tell. Once you get past that, the story really captures you with it's nostalgic 80's feel and heartwarming romance.

Last edited: