Recommending Lesbian Protagonist Games List

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Design

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I didn't even know there was another thread! If that's actually being updated then I'm less keen on doing my own; I'm pretty sure the rules are the same, but that feels like it would be a dick move.

Jul 11, 2019
I'm pretty sure the rules are the same, but that feels like it would be a dick move.
1666724269039.png

Anyways OP said this:
i decided to make a list of all the games where you can play a female and do a lesbian run.
A lesbian run means you can go from start to finish without touching a dick and there also needs to be a big amount of lesbian content.
I grant it's a little bit stricter than what I suggested since I'm okay with (albeit not inclined towards) things like male monsters you fight or run away from existing if there is plenty of female ones I can actually engage with around that, but suffice to say by the above definition a game with optional straight content should not be written off if you can focus on a lesbian path.

For the rest, well, I concede on the "unavoidable but temporary content" point for purposes of this list. I guess I'll peek at these other lists that apparently exist to see what works for me there.

• Haha
Reactions: Beggarman

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I can only speak for myself, but I just don't want to see anyone with a dick anywhere on set. Watching another man have sex with a woman is basically NTRing yourself :WeSmart:
Oh I definitely get it. I can't say it's something I mind all that much myself, but I get it. Personally, I just want stuff from a female perspective, but a lot of them are still made with typical guys in mind for the audience, so scenes aren't written too well and are usually just focused on getting the dude they're with to cum in a relatively short time. Lesbian focus usually means they're better written - if they're not outright kinkier, they're at least going slower and going into greater detail. But that usually also means that the occasional guy showing up isn't terrible, if written to the same standard. Hence why "occasional dick but not the focus" isn't a problem for me. But eh, other topic is still going so there's not that much point sorting out a new list with extras.

Reactions: MostlyHereForYuri
Jun 6, 2022
I get it too. At the end of the day I think it's safe to say we're after more or less the same general thing and it's just a question of where the line in the sand is drawn regarding what we're willing to put up with to get it.

Who's with me!
I really don't understand what you are asking for (English is not my first language).

Let's keep using Yorna as an example, what I remember about that game was that all the content was totally optional (unless it has been changed which would be unfortunate because the dev himself said that it was possible to), the game was just the classic lose to see scenes, so the only thing you had to do was to lose with women and kick men's asses, to have a "lesbian" experience.

This case is of a game that as such does not have a lesbian "focus" but neither hetero, it is simply possible to play it as a lesbian scene collector, and for me it should be in a list of purely lesbian games, because technically it can be played like that.

If we talk about a game that has at least one totally unavoidable scene with a man or "futa" in my case is enough for me not to be interested in it. I personally don't even read "yuri" that also has these types of scenes, as a lesbian I want to read a story where I can be 100% lesbian not 99%.

also as some has previously said, making a thread where there are games that have some unavoidable scenes or an "almost lesbian game" would have its complications because then you would have to define where to put the stop, you can do it (although personally 0 interest), but if maintaining a list like this is difficult the other would be more so.

Jul 11, 2019
As I recall, while the monsters are fairly mixed, most of the other scenes in the game are lesbian-focused. The fox at the shrine, the older sister, the main baddie. The het scenes are the one noble running a brothel from his mansion and.. was there another? Admittedly those aren't scenes I seek out so I may just have missed it.

Anyways the crux of what I was after, with the reminder that I've stepped back from it for this list, was:
You want a pure 100% Yuri only game? Cool. But if a game has good Yuri and lots of it alongside some het scenes then leave those on the list (maybe with a warning label) so people like me, who are willing to shift through the mud for the gems if we know they're there, can find them and enjoy them alongside the 100% Yuri games; for a game having a het scene is not a dealbreaker for me if most or even lots of what's there appeals to my preferences. I can just skip past it as fast as possible and get to the good stuff.

After having looked at what OP said, I conceded that this list was never designed to put most of those titles here so I stepped back. At most I stand by that titles where you can play lesbian, but the title has hetero paths as options, still belong here because the hetero options (though they mean a game isn't 100% Yuri) needn't be selected. It's not a hill I intend to die on or anything, merely an opinion I hold for a desire to come across more titles. Or to word it differently, not miss any titles because of someone else's harsh standards when there is value to be had there for fans of Yuri. I want the option, y'know?

Jun 6, 2022
You want a pure 100% Yuri only game? Cool. But if a game has good Yuri and lots of it alongside some het scenes then leave those on the list (maybe with a warning label) so people like me, who are willing to shift through the mud for the gems if we know they're there, can find them and enjoy them alongside the 100% Yuri games; for a game having a het scene is not a dealbreaker for me if most or even lots of what's there appeals to my preferences. I can just skip past it as fast as possible and get to the good stuff.
it is respectable that you want that, but that takes away the meaning of a list called "lesbian protagonist", for that you need another list, personally as many like to read the stories having to skip scenes does a little damage to that story.

for something like this you need another list with another title and criteria.

After having looked at what OP said, I conceded that this list was never designed to put most of those titles here so I stepped back. At most I stand by that titles where you can play lesbian, but the title has hetero paths as options, still belong here because the hetero options (though they mean a game isn't 100% Yuri) needn't be selected.
that is literally the majority of games that are in this list and in the other thread, if it were only lesbian games it would be more empty, the criteria is a game that allows a purely lesbian route so it doesn't matter if there are men or straight scenes, the important thing is that from beginning to end such scenes can be avoided and play only with lesbian scenes, the case of Yorna is because when they mentioned it here, they erroneously mentioned that it had unavoidable scenes when in fact all such content can be avoided.

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
I'm surprised this thread is still so active considering it's no longer updated and there is a new one

Jun 6, 2022
I'm surprised this thread is still so active considering it's no longer updated and there is a new one
I think it is partly because the owner of that thread does not "promote" it either, I see him commenting on some games, but he doesn't have a link to his thread or any mention of it in his signature.

when I looked for a list of lesbian games this thread was the one that came up, I knew the other one because someone recommended it in the thread of a game, but looking for it by hand it does not come up for me.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Does anybody here has a link for the "other" lesbian protagonist thread ?

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I would really like to understand why, from time to time, someone comes in here so willing to "push" in this topic games where there is some hetero content.
Is it a bet? Is it some kind of rage at people who aren't interested in penises? "These can't not like penises. They need to!"
Is it some kind of way to "maintain some dominance" over everybody? Some kind of "plot" by devs who don't want dickless games to get too popular and they lose patreon supporters?
Why at least this thread can't just not have games with dicks in between?
There are several games out there on the forum where you have a moment where you have to pick up dicks even though there is lesbian content in it. There are several ways to find these games, but finding games where you don't have any dick in the middle is very difficult to find and this topic is one of the few ways that this happens.
So can't reallymenet at least leave this topic alone?

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I would really like to understand why, from time to time, someone comes in here so willing to "push" in this topic games where there is some hetero content.
Is it a bet? Is it some kind of rage at people who aren't interested in penises? "These can't not like penises. They need to!"
Is it some kind of way to "maintain some dominance" over everybody? Some kind of "plot" by devs who don't want dickless games to get too popular and they lose patreon supporters?
Why at least this thread can't just not have games with dicks in between?
There are several games out there on the forum where you have a moment where you have to pick up dicks even though there is lesbian content in it. There are several ways to find these games, but finding games where you don't have any dick in the middle is very difficult to find and this topic is one of the few ways that this happens.
So can't reallymenet at least leave this topic alone?
At the end, it seems like Yornha's Monster Girl is checking every boxes for this thread, as I see three mains criteria on the original post :

- Female Protagonist : Yes
- Player can do a full lesbian run : Yes
- Decent amount of yuri content : Yes

But, yeah I wasn't sure about the second one as my memory wasn't the best.

Problem being that 100 % lesbian games which also have 0 % heterosexual scenes are painfully rare.

At the same time you can find a lot of game with something like 90 % yuri and 10 % straight and I don't think that it's the kind of game yuri lovers hate.

What they truelly despise is more like the fact that most of the game which have a lesbian tag are 99 % straight games which include 1 lesbian scene. Games with 90 % yuri and 10 % straight are already an outlier.

You can miss a lot of good yuri games if you really want a 100 % dickless game.

Moreover, the original post doesn't really focus on 100 % yuri and 0% straight games only.

À game with a female protagonist with mostly yuri content but avoidable straight scenes still check every boxes.

It's the same for a game in which it's not the female protagonist who has straight scenes.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
it seems like Yornha's Monster Girl is checking every boxes for this thread, as I see three mains criteria on the original post
Seriously? Do you really think??
I haven't played the game, but the images in the post are either the girl with guys or with tentacles and futa.
So I would no longer classify it as a yuri game. We wouldn't even be discussing it here

1666791666573.png

Problem being that 100 % lesbian games which also have 0 % heterosexual scenes are painfully rare.
But that's exactly why threads like this exist. Why find games with 90% yuri and 10% straight content, it's easy to find by the forum's own filtering system and doesn't need this topic. That's why when they start with "ah let's make an exception for game X that has 90% yuri content and 10% straight" is that so many people appear with resistance to opening these exceptions.

You can miss a lot of good yuri games if you really want a 100 % dickless game
If it's not 100% dickless, it's not yuri. It's bisexual or something. A lesbian is not someone who only likes "90% women". You can say, "ah you're going to miss good games", but not "yuri games".

But it's just my opinion, after all, I'm not the owner of the topic and it's apparently abandoned and only survives by recommendation from other players, so this conversation, in the end, won't lead to anything

Last edited:

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
1) Mistakes/confusion as to if a lesbian run is actually possible
2) Not reading the rules
3) Confusion over said rules; "No dicks" and "No mandatory dicks" are entirely different things, but the former keeps being used.

It's no easier finding "lesbian focus but not too fussed if a dick or two turns up" than "full lesbian run possible" except looking in this list/the other topic for rejects, for the exact same reason that finding "full lesbian run possible" games is hard - abuse of the lesbian tag and no extra protag tags. I've already said before why I think a slightly less lax but but properly marked list would be better, but it'd only create confusion & extra work to run two concurrently, and I'm not going to demand the current maintainer do extra work to change things, so I'd just leave things as they are for now.

Reactions: doidera

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
slightly less lax but but properly marked list would be better
But why make exceptions in this list that (in theory) should be for 100% dickless games if you find these games you are mentioning are very easy to find using the forum's own filtering system?
The list was created to facilitate the search for 100% dickless games. If we're going to be looking for a 100% dickless game among a bunch of other games "lesbian focus but not too fussed if a dick or two turns up" this list would not be necessary.

This "periodic insistence" on including dick games in this topic sounds like a mother trying to get a child to eat vegetables he doesn't like. Every month there's one here with a dick on his fork trying to shove him into the mouths of lesbian game fans:
"Oh, just this dick. Just one. Look, a really tiny one here. Try it. How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it?"

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
You've basically just ignored everything I've said to ask the question I was answering again, so I'm not going to reply beyond this.

Jul 11, 2019
Pretty sure that Yorna scene is optional. Which is part of what I was talking about, as I explained in a post above, when I said don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Yes, some games have het scenes you can engage with. But if there is so much things around that which caters to the lesbian tag, then I think it's worth being on a list of lesbian protagonists. Because you can play Yorna as being completely lesbian, and at worst endure a rape scene or so if you get defeated by one or two monsters you encounter. From what I remember of the game, being defeated by said monsters is unlikely, unless they've been buffed in subsequent updates.

That's not every game, of course, it's a case by case and as was established if there is even one het scene that is forced but everything else is 10/10 Yuri then this list doesn't want it. I disagree with this notion personally, because I think there's more value lost than found in such cases and a warning label would be an easy compromise to separate the pure Yuri games from the "gems in the mud" games, but like I also said it's not a hill I'm gonna die on. I doubled checked what OP said and realized on that particular front I was "in the wrong" so to speak. That's all there is to it. Keep recommending pure Yuri here, I'm paying attention as part of the audience; I'll find gems in the mud elsewhere. k? k.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
What's funny at the end, is that I took a look at my save of Yorna's Monster girl quest, and some scenes, even if avoidable are a bit borderline.

Is this one a Yuri scene for you ? (you're the top left character, you never get dicked)
12.png

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes