JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
By the way, I never encountered the room with the cocks clocks during my playthrough. I only noticed it when checking the event list.
How is that possible...
There are two bugs:

Firstly, room with clocks marked as completed if you havent done "Not Even Me" at day 21. It wasn't fixed yet, and probably exists due to event system rework in early updates. Idk why Sel haven't fixed it with second one

Secondly, "Not Even Me" used to silently complete if you havent done it in first 24 days, and you would not get room with clocks access in this case. It was fixed in 0.38, so now you would trigger room with clocks eventualy even if it marked as completed due to first bug

R3burn

Oct 20, 2023
You should see care packages code, it is easy.

Python:
init 100 python:
    installed_care_packages.append(CarePackage(name="Your package name", label="your_label"))

menu your_label:
    "blah blah blah":
        jump somewhere
    "Go back":
        return
However, this is a bad idea because it would invoke Sel's DRM system and fuck somebody saves

Makoto would probably sit on Maki's face instead
thx for the code and advice!!finally I think the best way is probably to add a new event to an existing carepackage. ( Or maybe that's what you meant from the beginning, and I understood it to create a new carepackage

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Anyway just a little rant; I am mostly positive for what the future holds but going into rabbit holes just happens sometimes.
Meta-rant here but you know what really frustrates me about this site sometimes? The quality of discussion is so damn good in this thread that it has ruined every other thread for me. Eternum updated recently and I can't even attempt to wade into that brain-dead thread where every 9 out of 10 comments are "hurr durr my waifu is better than urs" "u take that back!!1 our cult is best!!1"

Like for fucks sakes why can't there be a discussion thread for people who want to discuss the story and a parallel one for those with room temperature IQs to tug their dicks over and over into? In this thread it's usually around 70% interesting discussion, 20% lamenting the creator's attitudes (which is still an interesting topic to me), and 10% brain-dead "give save" posts.

/rant

DeSkel15

Sep 29, 2019
I am in complete agreement with you on this. Selly designs his world this way so that whatever card he plays he can claim it's a wild card and the way he plays definitely goes by the rules. But sometimes I do feel like he is taking this a little too much, making things extra incomprehensible not because some necessities due to story reason, but because he can just do that. The truth is if you do it often enough people will drop some aspects of the game and focus on what they are "allowed to understand" (seen folks here giving up god stuff completely and only looking forward to teenager dramas, and it's completely understandable).
View attachment 3488094

Despite this, however, I am mostly fine with this because I subjectively want to believe that somewhere in a plain of existence there is a LiL story with its main structure already done, all its milestones already set, and its final destination already scheduled to perfection or at least to our hearts' content so that every piece of clue one day will fall into place. For this he has to do his part in doing great articulations, and not just by using the phrase everything is connected as some sort of almighty spell when that should be your goal and not your method. As long as he nails the important elements, a few dents in the story which result from making pit stops that I personally deemed unnecessary are acceptable. You might only get a 9/10 because of it but it's ok since stuff out there that barely meets 8/10 is so far few and between already.

And by "nailing the important elements", I really hope his vision on LiL is firmly set after that massive rework. For example, I suspect his idea of how LiL should play out shifted ever so slightly after the revamp solely by judging the difference between the old and the new The Room with Clocks, where the new one introduces Maya variants sentient about how weird the world surrounding Sensei is, a second god, and Himawari a lot earlier; all relevant components with proper explanations still lacking.

So I guess what I meant by I am mostly fine, I am probably just patiently withholding judgement on a work in progress. Keep working on the project and be as convoluted as you want to. You can confuse us and we will confuse ourselves from time to time by reading too hard into an unfinished work. But there will be one day where we are able to look at this whole presentation as a hopefully cohesively weaved piece of art, and question the content in every single slide that he made a choice to include.

Anyway just a little rant; I am mostly positive for what the future holds but going into rabbit holes just happens sometimes.
Speaking of rabbit holes...
This reminded me of something I found... interesting:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR: Concerned god has likely been trying to make things confusing to control the narrative.

Although, this may not be the first time Pareidolia has done this, and that might be why Kumon-mi didn't have Spring before Chapter 4. With the reintroduction of the Calm god, there's probably a reason that Sensei, connected to Pareidolia, pissed himself last update.

Or I just missed/misinterpreted something.

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
Off-topic, but why does the latest updates page say it's been 4 years since the last update?

Last edited:

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
Dev angered the mods so the game is no longer promoted by this site.
Is that why this thread is apparently hidden, too? I don't see it in the forums. Been a bit puzzled, there's basically no mention of it anywhere on Reddit, rarely on 4chan, but upwards of 30k posts in this thread.

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
Dev angered the mods so the game is no longer promoted by this site.
I didn't know that happened here, I thought this site was mostly impartial... well, there are the issues with Loli stuff, which this is, so I guess it fits the narrative. I'm assuming asking what other games have received the same treatment is a no go.

May 25, 2022
I didn't know that happened here, I thought this site was mostly impartial... well, there are the issues with Loli stuff, which this is, so I guess it fits the narrative. I'm assuming asking what other games have received the same treatment is a no go.
You've got the wrong end of the stick I think. The content had no bearing on the conflict between this site and the dev. The incidents basically revolved around piracy and the dev implementing DRM that could delete save games, amongst a few other things, but I will reiterate that the content of the game/story had no bearing on it not featuring in the latest updates page. If it did it would've most likely been booted from the site completely.

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
I think that's why all the VN subreddits banned it, and let's be real here, actually putting ages in the care package character outlines was a stupid, stupid thing to do. Especially in a game where the whole plot is based around time loops and reality-warping. Arguing about the age of fictional characters has always struck me as idiotic anyways, but just stick the standard "all characters are 18+" disclaimer on it, not like a billion other VNs do that and get away with it or anything. Shit, the assets for LiL are made with Koikatsu Party and that's on Steam. And this might be showing my age and lack of VN knowledge a bit, but I don't ever remember hearing complaints over Katawa Shoujo like this.

Aug 20, 2021
I know that there's a dedicated group of us that constantly post here, lots of very recognizable names that keep the thread alive. What I think is more surprising is new people finding this thread since the game is un-promoted
I found out about this game only because it was mentioned on the Adventure Trainer thread and how the dev was inspired by LiL. Curiosity led me here and now it’s one of my most anticipated games as far as awaiting each update.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
To be clear -- it's not the game itself that prompted this, it's specifically the behavior of the dev and others acting on his behalf. There are rules devs are expected to follow here, and continuing to violate them and making it clear that they intend to keep doing so gets a game de-promoted.

The other game I'm aware of that ran into this is Champion of Realms, which continued to use sock puppet accounts to post fake reviews after being told to stop, I believe.

If a game violates content rules, it gets deleted outright. There's been quite a few of those.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
One question, as I remember Selly said there would be no update in June or July, I don't remember which one it is but what if the last update before the break has a reset that will end with something important happening just to make us anxious and suffering with the 2 month wait?

Would he do this or is there already a schedule of events up to the month of this break and I'm just thinking about it too much?

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
One question, as I remember Selly said there would be no update in June or July, I don't remember which one it is but what if the last update before the break has a reset that will end with something important happening just to make us anxious and suffering with the 2 month wait?
May update would contain no main events, so it is unlikely to have reset there. Also, mid-chapter resets not used to be that important and never were a cliffhanger before

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
May update would contain no main events, so it is unlikely to have reset there. Also, mid-chapter resets not used to be that important and never were a cliffhanger before
Thanks for the answer, but I'm taking into account that since it's spring and from what Maya had said there was never a reset in spring and also taking into account that that Big Boy appeared in the last Reset, what else bizarre and real could appear on the roof now on reboots?

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Looks like the update is now 100% complete ladies and mostly gentleman. What are we predicting is going to happen??

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes