Aug 20, 2021
There was not much of her. Karin did not care about Kirin's feelings in their dialog in the . In route in which Sensei told Karin that he has feelings for Kirin in second chapter, this dialog changes to make Karin ignore Kirin's feelings even more.

TBH, this has never been a solid theory, just an opportunity to think about Karin like about an actual person
Y’know, I’ve always just lied to Karin to not miss any of her events. But I’ll have to see how that conversation goes in my second playthrough when I get to that event. I like temporarily changing variables around as I play to see all the different dialogue variations anyway.

While it’s true I do like pure Karin, I won’t deny that I’d love to see her become her own person that doesn’t try so hard to please everybody (especially Kirin who takes her for granted) even more.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Huh, so that's why Rin doesn't have scars and could just sleep her cuts off
that is plausible, yes. there are lots of people that recover way faster than they should from serious injuries and people that survive stuff that could have very easily been fatal.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Interesting stuff regarding the upside down house, and it may add to that theory about Futaba reminding Akira of Nodoka's parents or something. There's this event where Futaba is supposed to show you what she wrote, but instead there's stuff written on the middle of the notebook by someone else, and here is what it says:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, given that the people that live in the upside down house are probably Nodoka's parents, that she is a stellar writer, and that Futaba often goes to sleep at her place, that this notebook is hers would be the logical conclusion. But I have no idea, cause Nodoka, at this point in time, doesn't seem to have any reason to fuck with Futaba (it's before the first reset). Thoughts?

Also, the edge of the universe seems to be the room with the clocks (could it be also the bottom of the well? I have no idea yet). And when Sana asks Akira if there is anywhere he'd like to go, he says the edge of the universe, which leads him to meeting Yasu for the first time.

We did get a list of the people in the upside down house at some point recently (Halloween reset I think)
-Saki Sakurazaka: Akira's mum probably, brownish hair purple eyes.
-Miu Miyahara: been seen in game, has redish hair blue eyes.
-Reina Ritsushima: not sure if she has been seen, black hair green eyes.
-Kyoko Nagasawa: Nodoka's mother probably.
-Ai Ariyoshi: Unknown (might to be DOUBT/lavender hair girl/book obsessed girl).
-Balaam the prophet: Dont know yet (might be Yuu)

Additional names from other events that are conected:
-DOUBT: Girl with lavender hair from "an excerpt from a waterlogged journal" and "lavender", maybe some more events.
-Yuko: Unknown, could be a nickname for Kyoko mentioned multiple times: "lavender", "an excerpt from a waterlogged journal".
-Yuu: Akira's dad probably, might be Balaam the prophet.
-Tsurumi & Kanon: "mentioned in rain king", "What's in the Pot?" maybe another event?.

They all seem to be stuck in the house for a very long time for some reason maybe alien space war related (long enough that it starts getting kind of fucked up) At least jugging by all the stuff that appears to be talking about it in game and on the twitter.

Futaba seems to remind Akira of "the girl With lavender hair" that is mentioned a lot by and appears to be in a relationship of sorts with Yuko. Nodoka also seems to be obsessed with Futaba and I'm assuming at the moment that's because Yuko, is Kyoko Nagasawa, is her mother.

There is that upside down alien thing plus "open up" text which might be a reference to the upside down house.
Plus some similarities to the white fronted parrot image, which alongside some of the other text on the Futaba images is beyond my comprehension. (There is also a black page there and someone was mentioned in "The One With A Happy Ending" to be "daughter of the black page")

I currently think the upside down house is the same as "grandmas house near a lake" that Ami mentioned in "Goodnight Moon".
Also that it is where the "journal I buried in eiderdown underneath the leftmost centre attic floorboard" that Sekai wants Akira to find is hidden.

Before this gets too incomprehensible here is some of the stuff from the twitter that has been previously posted that probably is from the perspective of various upside down house residents.

Well I probably failed at not being incomprehensible. So hopefully at least some of this makes sense. If you also would like to go insane, I recommend looking at the rest of the twitter and trying to connect things.
You will turn into this guy:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
We did get a list of the people in the upside down house at some point recently (Halloween reset I think)
-Saki Sakurazaka: Akira's mum probably, brownish hair purple eyes.
-Miu Miyahara: been seen in game, has redish hair blue eyes.
-Reina Ritsushima: not sure if she has been seen, black hair green eyes.
-Kyoko Nagasawa: Nodoka's mother probably.
-Ai Ariyoshi: Unknown (might to be DOUBT/lavender hair girl/book obsessed girl).
-Balaam the prophet: Dont know yet (might be Yuu)

Additional names from other events that are conected:
-DOUBT: Girl with lavender hair from "an excerpt from a waterlogged journal" and "lavender", maybe some more events.
-Yuko: Unknown, could be a nickname for Kyoko mentioned multiple times: "lavender", "an excerpt from a waterlogged journal".
-Yuu: Akira's dad probably, might be Balaam the prophet.
-Tsurumi & Kanon: "mentioned in rain king", "What's in the Pot?" maybe another event?.

They all seem to be stuck in the house for a very long time for some reason maybe alien space war related (long enough that it starts getting kind of fucked up) At least jugging by all the stuff that appears to be talking about it in game and on the twitter.

Futaba seems to remind Akira of "the girl With lavender hair" that is mentioned a lot by and appears to be in a relationship of sorts with Yuko. Nodoka also seems to be obsessed with Futaba and I'm assuming at the moment that's because Yuko, is Kyoko Nagasawa, is her mother.

There is that upside down alien thing plus "open up" text which might be a reference to the upside down house.
Plus some similarities to the white fronted parrot image, which alongside some of the other text on the Futaba images is beyond my comprehension. (There is also a black page there and someone was mentioned in "The One With A Happy Ending" to be "daughter of the black page")

I currently think the upside down house is the same as "grandmas house near a lake" that Ami mentioned in "Goodnight Moon".
Also that it is where the "journal I buried in eiderdown underneath the leftmost centre attic floorboard" that Sekai wants Akira to find is hidden.

Before this gets too incomprehensible here is some of the stuff from the twitter that has been previously posted that probably is from the perspective of various upside down house residents.

Well I probably failed at not being incomprehensible. So hopefully at least some of this makes sense. If you also would like to go insane, I recommend looking at the rest of the twitter and trying to connect things.
You will turn into this guy:
You made sense, the issue is that it's a LOT. And I don't mean from you, but from the game and in fragments way too far apart. We'll eventually get it though. United we stand.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
You made sense, the issue is that it's a LOT. And I don't mean from you, but from the game and in fragments way too far apart. We'll eventually get it though. United we stand.

-"the girl who cannot breath" was the name Sekai signed her poetry with.
-I don't remember the context of the creaking seventh step. But maybe its the stairs up to the attic. or maybe not.
-I have been curious about a probable large age gap between Nozomu and Akira, but I'm not sure what to make of it yet. Or how it might be connected to Saki not liking Akira. Maybe its something crazy like Nozomu being Akira's Father as well as brother. That's a bit too crazy though so its probably something else.
-And Grandmas house does seem to be a separate house near a lake based on the way Ami mentioned it. So I guess the house Ami and Akira are in was Sekai and Nozomu's house.
- Im not sure about the other stuff.

Honestly If anyone manages to connect everything in this game by themselves they will surely end up in a padded cell. There is just too much of it and half of it is so buried in metaphors and imagery referential to theology and literature, not to mention all the sell referential stuff. I feel like your brain will melt by the time you manage to put it all together.
Someone mentioned something about Information hazards recently. The game surely seems to be one.

Edit: I guess the attic might just be the one in their own house. But that feels a bit anticlimactic to me.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just recently had weird Ami tell me that Maya is a dream baby (during the first reset). And now I have to contend with yet another bizarre possibility of her being Akira's daughter. Or that every dream baby (nao, or potentially Himawari) have the potential to be Akira's guides through the resets or something.

Would someone kindly point out the gist of the dream babies so far? Cause only now I sort of get what nao-chan was trying to convey with "being born out of a star" or something.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Just recently had weird Ami tell me that Maya is a dream baby (during the first reset). And now I have to contend with yet another bizarre possibility of her being Akira's daughter. Or that every dream baby (nao, or potentially Himawari) have the potential to be Akira's guides through the resets or something.

Would someone kindly point out the gist of the dream babies so far? Cause only now I sort of get what nao-chan was trying to convey with "being born out of a star" or something.

It does probably fit that before he gets taken to the storage shed its Himawari/shapeshifter impersonating Maya. And that's why weird Ami calls her a dream baby and why "Maya" says "You've had your hand held through everything. I wonder who it is that's been holding it?" So it could be Himawari as well when hope says he does not recognise her.
Edit: I think I missreaed what you posted. If she said that on the roof then I'm not sure anymore. Unless it flashes static or something after she said it?

Ill have to replay it at some point. Does he remember what happened when he gets back and ask Maya but she does not know what he is talking about? Because that would strongly support that it was probably Himawari impersonating Maya. Or does he Just forget it?

She might also be impersonating Yasu as well if that's same event that I'm thinking of.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021
Well I did touch on this briefly when 0.40 dropped, at least in terms of the Nao-chan star drawing and its meaning:

According to Collins Dictionary, a “Starchild” is defined as the following:

1. A divine being who incarnated from the stars, another planet or higher dimension.
2. A human with a human & extraterrestrial (ET) parent or recent ET ancestry.
…and is upon the Earth, on a divine mission to advance humanity.

…Now of course obviously I believe Nao-chan fits more with the first definition than the second. She certainly seems divine in nature (murdered the Plant Council in “What’s In The Pot?” with nothing but a mere thought, not to mention the references to Nao as a higher being) and very well could have been incarnated from the stars. After all, she appeared out of seemingly nowhere, with the only thing to go off of being a weird mysterious treasure map in Kaori’s possession set up by USER2 (Wire God).

As far as Himawari is concerned, I too would like to know the answer to that. She helped Akira pick out the green scarf in Chika’s store in Chapter 1 after all, appears in “The Room With Clocks” Happy Event, and even in the “Scientific Research” Chapter 1 Main Event if you have over 2,000 Ayane affection. All before Ayane gets pregnant in the actual story.

…Then again, I guess ‘time’ more or less means nothing in this game.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018

1. A divine being who incarnated from the stars, another planet or higher dimension.
I am surprised this happens often enough to find its way into a dictionary.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021
I am surprised this happens often enough to find its way into a dictionary.
Yup. It appears in various other forms of media too. The most notable example of a starchild that comes to mind would probably be from the film “2001: A Space Odyssey”. The being itself is shrouded in mystery, very similar to Nao-chan.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It does probably fit that before he gets taken to the storage shed its Himawari/shapeshifter impersonating Maya. And that's why weird Ami calls her a dream baby and why "Maya" says "You've had your hand held through everything. I wonder who it is that's been holding it?" So it could be Himawari as well when hope says he does not recognise her.
Edit: I think I missreaed what you posted. If she said that on the roof then I'm not sure anymore. Unless it flashes static or something after she said it?

Ill have to replay it at some point. Does he remember what happened when he gets back and ask Maya but she does not know what he is talking about? Because that would strongly support that it was probably Himawari impersonating Maya. Or does he Just forget it?

She might also be impersonating Yasu as well if that's same event that I'm thinking of.
Definitely not impersonating Yasu, because Yasu snaps back at the end and doesn't know what's going on. But Himawari could be by his side, and only Yasu was seeing her.

I just watched the tick tock happy event, and I have so many questions that I guess I should formulate some more and at least finish the part of game until Sekai comes back in order to understand. But if you guys want to get your minds fucked with me as of right now, here comes the gist of it:

There is no real theory here, it's just a lot that happened in that event and those are the highlights (of which I remembered nothing from my first playthrough). Eventually I hope to be able to make sense out of some of them with later info and put a proper narrative of how this helps.

Reactions: Apollo259

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
But she already took interest in chika long before she had any chance to do any research who she is. And then the richest guy in town, i mean we are talking about comically rich, did father not just one child with a women from the poor side of down, but even two? And all that while he was already married with tsubasa and made two kids there too?

I can believe the coincidence that chika and chinami are around the same age as tako and tsukasa. But i cant believe the coincidence that a rich guy did sneak away from his rich family long enough to breed a poor woman twice around the same time.
It's not like i want to hammer any info we have into that theory.
But it's also a trope. The rich people getting bored of their relationship and seeking an affair.
And i might be wrong here but i think i read Tsubasa complaining rather recently, how her husband didn't lay a hand on her for some time now.

There's also how afaik Sel said Akira gets to lay every girl in the cast, which would include Tsubasa too.
Could see that as an excuse for her like: If my husband doesn't do me, Akira surely will.

…Now of course obviously I believe Nao-chan fits more with the first definition than the second. She certainly seems divine in nature (murdered the Plant Council in “What’s In The Pot?” with nothing but a mere thought, not to mention the references to Nao as a higher being) and very well could have been incarnated from the stars. After all, she appeared out of seemingly nowhere, with the only thing to go off of being a weird mysterious treasure map in Kaori’s possession set up by USER2 (Wire God).

As far as Himawari is concerned, I too would like to know the answer to that. She helped Akira pick out the green scarf in Chika’s store in Chapter 1 after all, appears in “The Room With Clocks” Happy Event, and even in the “Scientific Research” Chapter 1 Main Event if you have over 2,000 Ayane affection. All before Ayane gets pregnant in the actual story.

…Then again, I guess ‘time’ more or less means nothing in this game.
In my language the literal translation of Starchild, "Sternenkind" has a different and sad meaning.

A baby that didn't make it. Either during pregnancy or shortly after.

And we know at least one girl that would fit the term: Himawari.

I know that Sel does know a bit of german, part of his ancestors might even be german.
There's also the state he lives in, which had a lot of german settlers and i wouldn't be surprised if it's taught in schools there.

On the opposite i rather think the star is a symbol for a wish, why the spermatozoa are there i don't know.
Maybe it's a connection of both?

Another thing is that this reminds me of one ending for Silent Hill 2, which is named "Born From a Wish".
And Kumon'mi and Silent Hill do have some things in common.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Definitely not impersonating Yasu, because Yasu snaps back at the end and doesn't know what's going on. But Himawari could be by his side, and only Yasu was seeing her.

I just watched the tick tock happy event, and I have so many questions that I guess I should formulate some more and at least finish the part of game until Sekai comes back in order to understand. But if you guys want to get your minds fucked with me as of right now, here comes the gist of it:

There is no real theory here, it's just a lot that happened in that event and those are the highlights (of which I remembered nothing from my first playthrough). Eventually I hope to be able to make sense out of some of them with later info and put a proper narrative of how this helps.
Yea I am most likely miss remembering things so am probably wrong about Yasu in that event. I replayed "Everything is Connected". The Maya that shows up and takes Akira to the storage shed does seem like she might be Himawari/shapeshifter though. Because it sounds like she is trying too hard to say all the things Maya says and there is a conspicuous sunflower there.
But then I have no idea why Maya on the roof would say "You've had your hand held through everything. I wonder who it is that's been holding it?".

Regarding the "tick tock tick tock tick tock" event. This one gets too confusing for me. There is not much I can say about it other than halfway through the background voice says a bunch of words that spell out "again she lives" probably referring to Sekai. So maybe in this one its Sekai in the place of "am i okay". Then the death that Akira knows might be something to do with memories about Sekai's death rather than his own death.

The only other thing that I can think of is when he is seeing himself fuck "am i okay" it might be something to do with memories of Nozomu(hope) fucking Sekai. Which does come up again later, where it says something about him hearing them fuck through the walls and he does not like it so he turns up the tv on a dead channel and listens to the static. That's also probably why there is static eyes sometimes and the angles say -sssssssssssssssssss & -kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk which is the static sound.

Then again, as I said, this one feels too confusing for me, so it could easily be something else. Plus I have no Idea what the skin thing is about and that comes up later as well.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes