Aug 20, 2021
Why does nobody steal Selebus' previews? Did our agent unsubscribed as well?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I knew this next update was destined to be a banger. Leave it to Yasu to make things happen.

I'd think Rin would show up as well considering she's "chosen", but I guess we'll see.
Well, Rin does have 1 event in 0.41. So perhaps there’s hope HOPE.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Now that you mention it, it would be interesting to see whether what Tsuneyo was saying was Wires or HOPE. Cause if it was HOPE, we'll probably see something about it in this gathering - and if not, it would be the first confirmed possession by Wires (something that he's said to never do).

Actually - I just remembered there was a discussion about this at Tojo Ramen at some point, I think it was with Kaori (or Noriko?) even. Something about saving people or not saving them if it was against their will (could be relevant).

Also, given the people that gathered, if I'm not mistaken Touka said something to Yasu about healthier ways to evangelize, that's probably why she's there. Sana humours her already, Nodoka would jump at this and Akira is Akira. Kaori however, seems to arrive without the party and maybe wasn't even invited, but sent there (?).

Also I quoted the Rin part just because if I was a god I'd choose Rin too, so yeah. Jokes aside, given that Sana is there it could also shine some light about HOPE being involved or not in Akira fingering him, and consequently white dress Sekai's allegiance.
Lol, kind of responded to this in my last post, but to add to it, I definitely don't think HOPE would have power over Tsuneyo. The resets barely even affect her considering she was still fine while Maya, Ayane, and Yumi got Tshaped:

Tsuneyo may have been possessed prior, though, and it was due to Sensei and Yuki getting close to her father:
Assuming her father is related to USER2/Wires, it seems like she's able to be controlled or weaponized by it, if needed.

Kaori and Tsuneyo also never get along. Chapter 1 Tsuneyo Event:
Chapter 3 Kaori Event:

Tsuneyo has thought about snapping Kaori's neck due to Kaori seemingly stalking her:
Back in Tsuneyo's Chapter 1 'The Man Who Loves Nothing' Event if I recall correctly.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Nodoka even thanked her for explaining the Touka - "Oh, yes. In fact, she was back to her normal self just this morning --- pacing up and down the hall, screaming about 'horrible changes that have yet to take root' or something along those lines.
I wonder what bad things could even happen. Cause we all know Pareidolia's an ass, but his ultimate objective seems to be to complete the collection, and that's going very well so far. Molly and Touka are more or less ready to go, Yuki and Rin are showing signs, Otoha is being corrupted and Tsukasa's route is open.

Ironically, if Pareidolia just stopped interfering his game would be more or less won. So I don't think the bad things would come from him, but maybe from the other forces fighting against his infinite spring?

Or maybe it has to do with the fourth side of the cross, and that while the three are fighting USER4 will emerge (and maybe even consume them?) - but I don't think Yasu has seen that far or she'd be much more terrified.

So it has to be something bad, but not so bad that it would hurt HOPE... I mean, what Akira even has to lose? Maya's gone already. Someone could take Ami I guess, but so what, Ami's been taken a million times.

What are your ideas? What is the bad that could happen? (last time Yasu said this Makoto's dad "died")

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I wonder what bad things could even happen. Cause we all know Pareidolia's an ass, but his ultimate objective seems to be to complete the collection, and that's going very well so far. Molly and Touka are more or less ready to go, Yuki and Rin are showing signs, Otoha is being corrupted and Tsukasa's route is open.

Ironically, if Pareidolia just stopped interfering his game would be more or less won. So I don't think the bad things would come from him, but maybe from the other forces fighting against his infinite spring?

Or maybe it has to do with the fourth side of the cross, and that while the three are fighting USER4 will emerge (and maybe even consume them?) - but I don't think Yasu has seen that far or she'd be much more terrified.

So it has to be something bad, but not so bad that it would hurt HOPE... I mean, what Akira even has to lose? Maya's gone already. Someone could take Ami I guess, but so what, Ami's been taken a million times.

What are your ideas? What is the bad that could happen? (last time Yasu said this Makoto's dad "died")
Ami starts butchering and sodomizing. Tsuneyo starts slaying and cannibalizing. Whatever stabbed, murdered, and decorated Ami starts coming for everyone:
  • The Resets stop resetting, and they can no longer just ignore wounds or pregnancy.
  • Sensei blacks out and wakes up strangling a corpse.
  • Sensei gets reset, but no one else does, and we have to watch him blackout and rape everyone who "loves" him as they beg him to stop.
  • Countless memories start returning for the girls, including them being raped by Senseis or killed by whatever.
  • Everyone starts getting sick and slowly falling to pieces as their bodies fail them, physically and mentally.
  • Etc.
Not being able to stay dead, also isn't inherently good. It just means the suffering never has to end. No escape.

Yasu seems to think everyone's doomed:
So, these horrible changes may just be the beginning of the end.

Overall: Whatever might be coming in the "Dark Route" was enough for Sel to offer up the "Purity Routes" as rewards for enduring it, it seems.

Edit: Everyone inside the world, burning, may be related to this:
Beware of the Sky's mighty tendrils.

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019

I've been wondering this myself. Personally, I feel for the dark route to be truly dark, it has to be more than just bad stuff happening in the world; I think Sensei himself has to be responsible for some truly heinous shit. I also don't think it can be Pareidolia forcing him to do things during blackouts (though it might start that way) because Selebus is going to want us to feel that Sensei (and through him, the player) has agency in what happens.

I have a way-out-there pet theory for what might cause Sensei to snap in a way that makes him lose the moral growth he's gained (and not just enter another catatonic state): Ayane had foreknowledge of or even helped cause Maya's death (there are some indications of this with the idea of her being a replacement). Sensei somehow finds out, goes into a fit of rage, maybe even kills Ayane. Then she returns, either immediately like Makoto or during a reset, and Sensei realizes everything is pointless and he can do whatever he wants without repercussions because it will all be reset anyway. Cue depravity. (Again, I think this scenario is very unlikely but has some nonzero chance)

CheleDeCedul

Jan 3, 2024
Also, given the people that gathered, if I'm not mistaken Touka said something to Yasu about healthier ways to evangelize, that's probably why she's there. Sana humours her already, Nodoka would jump at this and Akira is Akira. Kaori however seems to arrive without the party and maybe wasn't even invited, but sent there (?) - I wonder if HOPE is allowing these people to enter, or Yasu's just doing it since their connection is severed.
Would Sana still humour her after the beach scene where Yasu/HOPE berated her for her masturbatory acts? I remember Sana being quite put off by the display, even telling Touka to keep Yasu away from her. For this situation to happen in Hope church, either Sana must be an angel of forgiveness and understanding, or those particular memories were rewritten in a reset.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Found the conversation between Kaori and Tsuneyo that mentions sacrifices and the like. Granted, they're talking about chickens - but given how they're important to both Wires and Sekai/Pareidolia, and that the whole thing began because she ordered Tori Shio Ramen (which is what she orders as Sekai) this might have meaning:

Some other notes regarding this event (mostly about Kaori/Sekai):

There's just so much going on that I forget how interesting Kaori is. Like, is she something new to this cycle? It must be right? Just like Sekai is.

Also, unrelated, but I don't remember the theory being mentioned about each moon representing a different Sekai? Sometimes in the early to mid game Akira will say goodnight moon, or something like that - and I would imagine he's referencing Sekai. If anyone has already checked this it would save me the research.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Would Sana still humour her after the beach scene where Yasu/HOPE berated her for her masturbatory acts? I remember Sana being quite put off by the display, even telling Touka to keep Yasu away from her. For this situation to happen in Hope church, either Sana must be an angel of forgiveness and understanding, or those particular memories were rewritten in a reset.
Or she's turning into Sara. Because Sara says that "an angel" told her she'd end up with Akira, is seen talking to them, and even was represented as one if I remember correctly. And given that Sana is going through the same stuff, and apparently has given in, it would not be weird if she changed her mind. Maybe we'll see her coming into terms with it through the event... (confrontation mode Sana would also be a new thing to look forward to)

Additionally, I'm still confused as to who claims dominion over the two of them, because if I remember correctly Pareidolia saved Sana during her first encounter with a bizarre angel, and thus was probably not responsible for it in the first place. So yeah, chances are she's going to New Hope Church to get info on the things that keep happening to her from the source.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Found the conversation between Kaori and Tsuneyo that mentions sacrifices and the like. Granted, they're talking about chickens - but given how they're important to both Wires and Sekai/Pareidolia, and that the whole thing began because she ordered Tori Shio Ramen (which is what she orders as Sekai) this might have meaning:

Some other notes regarding this event (mostly about Kaori/Sekai):

There's just so much going on that I forget how interesting Kaori is. Like, is she something new to this cycle? It must be right? Just like Sekai is.

Also, unrelated, but I don't remember the theory being mentioned about each moon representing a different Sekai? Sometimes in the early to mid game Akira will say goodnight moon, or something like that - and I would imagine he's referencing Sekai. If anyone has already checked this it would save me the research.
I've been working on a long post about Kaori, John, and their relation to Sekai and Wires that I'll hopefully have finished tonight or tomorrow, but I'll add a couple things about this event now.

As you alluded to, the opening conversation seems to happen under a purple moon, which Kaori is looking at when Sensei arrives.
Then she has the speech about the end of time, etc. which seems to be somebody else talking through her, given the content and the lack of Kaori-isms. Right before hand, a Girl Who Cannot Breathe poem is flashed on the screen
That would seem to indicate it's SeKaori talking, but I feel there's more going on. In other events SeKaori is accompanied by a red glow, not purple, and Kaori's eyes also don't change here. And I could be wrong, but the "troublesome girl" line especially doesn't sound like Sekai to me.

I don't know what's going on with Kaori's disappearance, but given the blackouts are connected to Wires losing power, it seems unlikely to be something he was able to cause (at least intentionally).

At the end of the event, Sensei returns home and the render is upside down
I think this could indicate the upside-down house is involved in this event. Could the purple moon be an upside-down house symbol? We already have one purple connection with the emphasis on lavender.

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
I'm glad I have all of you to make great points and theories because the last event I replayed before seeing the new previews was When You Snap (Beach Wars). During this event, Nodoka was all over Futaba and it just annoyed me. So my first thought seeing her today was, 'great, how is she gonna annoy me during this update'. Wish I could get over it but she is such a c word.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I've been working on a long post about Kaori, John, and their relation to Sekai and Wires that I'll hopefully have finished tonight or tomorrow, but I'll add a couple things about this event now.

As you alluded to, the opening conversation seems to happen under a purple moon, which Kaori is looking at when Sensei arrives.
Then she has the speech about the end of time, etc. which seems to be somebody else talking through her, given the content and the lack of Kaori-isms. Right before hand, a Girl Who Cannot Breathe poem is flashed on the screen
That would seem to indicate it's SeKaori talking, but I feel there's more going on. In other events SeKaori is accompanied by a red glow, not purple, and Kaori's eyes also don't change here. And I could be wrong, but the "troublesome girl" line especially doesn't sound like Sekai to me.

I don't know what's going on with Kaori's disappearance, but given the blackouts are connected to Wires losing power, it seems unlikely to be something he was able to cause (at least intentionally).

At the end of the event, Sensei returns home and the render is upside down
I think this could indicate the upside-down house is involved in this event. Could the purple moon be an upside-down house symbol? We already have one purple connection with the emphasis on lavender.
If it's the upside down house in the room with the clocks (I'm not sure it is), then there is a spider crawling out of the left maya like being over there. That would also indicate that it has to do with Maya so I have no idea - I bring it up because of the spider.
Other than that, the upside down house would have to do with purple in terms of lavender, and with gray in terms of the food. I think Kaori herself said that her color is purple but I can't recall from where that was.

And I agree, troublesome girl seems much more like Himawari or Maya. I mean, it could simply be referring to Kaori as well - Akira does tell her she's troublesome a couple of times.

Wish I could get over it but she is such a c word.
Fair. Her treatment of Futaba, and the fact that Futaba even talks to her still is beyond me. Then again Akira did call her a coward when she ran to apologise to him after being mad at him. Her changes have not been enough to overcome that nature I guess.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yarazin and aramaug

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Why does nobody steal Selebus' previews? Did our agent unsubscribed as well?

So now Touka can enter the church...

Awhile back Yaus denied several people entering the Cathedral: Otoha, Touka, and Imai. Her reasoning is that certain conditions for these people have not been met (though Yaus was majorly answering Otoha, I feel like this would apply to the other two that didn't get in), and these people wouldn't be able to even see the church without the presence of others who unknowingly completed their rites of passage.
If entering church or not has less to do with "what activities will be done inside the church" but is simply a global check on "whether this girl has met the conditions or not", that means that Touka went from missing the bar during Halloween wars to meeting the bar during Chapter 4 in the eyes of HOPE. So what are those conditions? And are all girls sharing the same set of conditions?

The most evident recent change to Touka is of course having her bad taste in man fully exposed, but it's hard to say whether or not Touka bore those feelings toward Sensei already during Halloween wars (and it's very likely she was already fawning over him during those times according to all the slightly flirty interactions). In addition, Imani, who likely fell for Akira as soon as they started working together, was also denied entry at the time. Thus despite the fact that feelings can be loosely applied to all girls that are allowed to enter, it either isn't the right condition for Imani, or simply isn't the right angle to look at this (which is more possible).

Honestly I don't think something like I like you is enough to pass HOPE's identity check, but for now I cannot remember what other "new" things about Touka that make her worthy of participating the surreal part of Kumon-mi. Back then it was more straightforward to theorize why Rin and Sana were granted passage, but I have a hard time coming up with a reason that's spicy enough for Touka to come in

As for Nodoka and Kaori, just.......c'mom in I guess since you two are so weird that denying your entry sounds even weirder.

Edit: oh, also those out-of-place chairs are the same ones used back when Yasu was having tea parties with the rabbit dolls...I want to say this means that whatever Yasu is about to do has some levels of importance at least in her belief, but...well they're just some chairs at the end of the day.

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
If it's the upside down house in the room with the clocks (I'm not sure it is), then there is a spider crawling out of the left maya like being over there. That would also indicate that it has to do with Maya so I have no idea - I bring it up because of the spider.
Other than that, the upside down house would have to do with purple in terms of lavender, and with gray in terms of the food. I think Kaori herself said that her color is purple but I can't recall from where that was.

And I agree, troublesome girl seems much more like Himawari or Maya. I mean, it could simply be referring to Kaori as well - Akira does tell her she's troublesome a couple of times.

Fair. Her treatment of Futaba, and the fact that Futaba even talks to her still is beyond me. Then again Akira did call her a coward when she ran to apologise to him after being mad at him. Her changes have not been enough to overcome that nature I guess.
Kaori isn't purple (she's "green on the outside and red on the inside"), but Nao-chan is

Fingolfal

Jun 3, 2022
Hello, I missed some events a long while ago and they just keep stacking up but I don't know if I have it in me to go back and replay the entire game again at this point after nearly 4 years worth of updates so if anybody has a save file I could use to right the ship I would be extremely grateful. Thanks

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes