DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
That BF is happening prior to the loops i'm not so sure of. It's already kind of repeating itself inside the event.
Something I've been wondering is whether Maya has been aware of the cycle all along, or if it is as you said, and BF is something that happened during one of the many cycles.
Also hi Leila7278

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Something I've been wondering is whether Maya has been aware of the cycle all along, or if it is as you said, and BF is something that happened during one of the many cycles.
Also hi Leila7278
I think BF takes place in one of the first cycles if it isn't even the first of all cycles. Could even be the moment she realises what's going on.
Another, although less likely option, would be that this is a good old "Lost (the series)" kind of flashforward, taking place in the dark route. It's just the whole situation with whats depicted in the background, that would kind of speak against that one.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Here are links to sanitized versions of all the current Care Packages that won't trigger the current DRM even when it's left enabled, and to the best of my knowledge won't trigger any DRM in the future:

If you plan to leak future CPs feel free to send them to me first for the same treatment. I can't guarantee it'll work before the next game release, because the guy writing the DRM will see this (hi!) and change the method, but I'll do my best. :)

chronox42

May 1, 2020
Ever since hearing the hypothesis here that Maya is an angel or some other "fallen" element of the structure surrounding Akira's world, I have found it quite compelling. A lot of elements seem to agree with this line of thinking.

To me, one of the most intriguing lines in the entire game is spoken by Maya on the beach after her near-kiss with Sensei, just before encountering Ami and Ayane: "What am I doing here?" When I read that, I thought immediately that she was questioning some choice she made in the past that led to her being "here" in the looping world. If there are other takes on her mood just after Touka's interruption, I would love to hear them.

I concur with the suggestion that the resemblance we see between certain supernatural elements and Ami or Maya should not be taken to be a true thing. As we well know, everything hinges on perception. I believe that the further Akira's experiences stray from the day-to-day happenings in Kumon-mi, the less reliable his human perception becomes. Entities like youdidit, amiokay, Moyo, and even Nao, do not exist in the base, physical world.

We simply do not understand the true form of these semi-divine "cogs", let alone the relation between that and what Sensei sees when he is given an involuntary glimpse into their worlds. It seems reasonable to assume that the entities which resemble Maya share some sort of essence with her, and that the xoanon is somehow connected to Ami, but there's really nothing we can say for sure. Whatever the Wishing Well's library is, it's not an indoor swimming pool.

On the suggestion that Maya is still withholding information:

m "Despite my tendency to do so, I understand that it is typically impossible to predict the future. What {i}is{/i} possible is creating objectives or goals or...places you want to end up."
m "{i}That{/i} is what I’m doing right now. So please forgive me if I wind up leaving you out of those places if I’m unable to make enough room for you."

Perhaps these lines suggest that she actually has an idea of how to create a place she wants to end up, and a sense of how much room she might be able to make. Even if she's lost, it seems that she's not nearly so lost as the others.

This is a meandering post, but I have a final thought about the Original Sensei Love Squad. We understand, both from the author's statements and from the story itself, that Ami, Ayane, and Maya are in some sense the most important characters besides Akira. I believe that Ami is not real, or at least in some critical sense is less "real" than every other character. Conversely, I believe that Ayane is more "real", more grounded in some deep truth, than any other girl. I'm not sure about Maya, but it's clear that she is separate from the world in a distinct way, despite being a part of it.

A pithy summation of the above idea might be: Ami is unnatural, Ayane is truly natural, Maya is supernatural.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ever since hearing the hypothesis here that Maya is an angel or some other "fallen" element of the structure surrounding Akira's world, I have found it quite compelling. A lot of elements seem to agree with this line of thinking.
Everlasting Mercy.

Maya tells the story of Vega and Altair. Vega, a Celestial Princess and Altair, a common mortal she falls in love with, whose father punishes them both for their love, and for the promises she made to him.

Maya sees her and Sensei in that story. This further reinforces the theory, IMO.

After all -- Akira is now immortal. If he dies, he's reborn to rediscover himself, time after time after time.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I just noticed something, we know that every main girl will have a purity ending, and that will happen after the "true ending", because the plan is to reach "true ending" as a checkpoint to the purity routes IIRC.

That would mean all the girls will reach the "true ending" alive or there will have at least one more reset before the purity routes.

Maybe there will be a factory reset of everyone except Akira and that will be the "true ending" and start of the purity routes.

Also with Tsuneyo saying that she feels that she has gone to the amusement park more times, and her knowing something from Molly's introduction that she wasn't present to know means that even with Maya having probably hundreds of years reseting this is the first time the other school colapsed and there were transfer students might either be false memories or this loop is going for far longer than Maya knows.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I just noticed something, we know that every main girl will have a purity ending, and that will happen after the "true ending", because the plan is to reach "true ending" as a checkpoint to the purity routes IIRC.

That would mean all the girls will reach the "true ending" alive or there will have at least one more reset before the purity routes.

Maybe there will be a factory reset of everyone except Akira and that will be the "true ending" and start of the purity routes.

Also with Tsuneyo saying that she feels that she has gone to the amusement park more times, and her knowing something from Molly's introduction that she wasn't present to know means that even with Maya having probably hundreds of years reseting this is the first time the other school colapsed and there were transfer students might either be false memories or this loop is going for far longer than Maya knows.
1) You have it backwards, you will need to do all Purity Endings to unlock the True Ending.
2) Tsuneyo and Molly did not transfer from the other school, they transferred over from Wakana's class, so this very well could be the first time the other school collapsed. Tsuneyo hasn't really mentioned anything about that happening more than once. Maya did say that Molly and Tsuneyo have joined the class multiple times over the various resets.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
2) Tsuneyo and Molly did not transfer from the other school, they transferred over from Wakana's class, so this very well could be the first time the other school collapsed. Tsuneyo hasn't really mentioned anything about that happening more than once. Maya did say that Molly and Tsuneyo have joined the class multiple times over the various resets.
Still odd though. She was referring to the speech Sensei made right at the beginning of the game. If other Senseis even made the same speech in other resets, they still would have done it before Tsuneyo had the chance to join. So how did she hear it?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Still odd though. She was referring to the speech Sensei made right at the beginning of the game. If other Senseis even made the same speech in other resets, they still would have done it before Tsuneyo had the chance to join. So how did she hear it?
The simplest would be that someone told her about it, and she misremembered that as her having been there when it happened. That's also the boring answer, sadly.

Past iterations could have repeated the speech when Molly and Tsuneyo transferred in.

The timing might not be consistent every reset, so maybe they transferred in on the same day one time.

My favorite -- Our cell phones are always listening to us, and Chika was on her cell phone when Sensei told the class. Therefore a god that is literally the spiritual embodiment of the internet (the god of wires) knew about it in real time, and therefore, Tsuneyo also knew about it.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
The simplest would be that someone told her about it, and she misremembered that as her having been there when it happened. That's also the boring answer, sadly.

Past iterations could have repeated the speech when Molly and Tsuneyo transferred in.

The timing might not be consistent every reset, so maybe they transferred in on the same day one time.

My favorite -- Our cell phones are always listening to us, and Chika was on her cell phone when Sensei told the class. Therefore a god that is literally the spiritual embodiment of the internet (the god of wires) knew about it in real time, and therefore, Tsuneyo also knew about it.
Definitely like the last one the best. Notable questions should have notable answers.

ExtremeParagon

Apr 22, 2019
Maya talks a lot about Trinities -- Three who are one. We're led to believe that the gods are one such trinity, but that third god is awfully uninvolved. However, a very common trinity is the idea of a maiden, mother, and crone.

We have a Mother Maya (Long Maya) and a Crone Maya (Moyo). Is our Maya the Maiden? Are the other Mayas, like AmIOkay attempts to recreate her? Are they the versions of her that existed in earlier stages of the time loop? Maybe it's not that "Our" maya broke the rules, but that every young Maya is just a piece of the same Maya, and they're all guilty?
Would that explain why there was a third entity called "Chair" that was basically dormant in a way (The chair was empty so was its mind for now) in Good Boy?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Would that explain why there was a third entity called "Chair" that was basically dormant in a way (The chair was empty so was its mind for now) in Good Boy?
Yes, that was the scene that put it in my mind, actually, since that's where we meet the Mother and Crone Mayas, the empty chair feels like an abandoned post.

Firetanker

Apr 25, 2022
I'm going Crazy doing a life of prizes, I've finished the answers on all of the magazines but no new escape option comes up and i don't understand why. I've been going at it for about 4 hours trying to figure it out. the discords hint says that going of script is a sin so i took this to mean they go in order of book sizes, weather it be from largest to smallest or vice versa. anyone know why i cant escape?

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I'm going Crazy doing a life of prizes, I've finished the answers on all of the magazines but no new escape option comes up and i don't understand why. I've been going at it for about 4 hours trying to figure it out. the discords hint says that going of script is a sin so i took this to mean they go in order of book sizes, weather it be from largest to smallest or vice versa. anyone know why i cant escape?
Psst... Check the front page it's got the answers.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Which front page, the one here? cause i already looked at it and the puzzle guide and did everything on it to see if it works. still nothing. then again i may just be stupid
Did you get the extra key? I forgot if it's the rice one but that's the only one i remember that doesn't have a magazine to go with it.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes