JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
The point was that Maya implied she had seen changes to others, which were similar to a Makoto that committed suicide before. Meaning changes like Makoto's which happened due to her suicide, are not just specific to her.

It's definitely evidence that what happened to Makoto isn't actually something new in Maya's point of view. Maya didn't think much of it at all because of that. Also keep in mind that Maya doesn't actually see the other girls as real, and just assumes they'll be reset back to normal. Makoto dying, likely doesn't matter to Maya, especially considering Maya doesn't particularly seem to like her.

So, now you're saying that Makoto is an exception and death by suicide is what can't happen? I can see the logic behind it but there's nothing that actually proves it. It's just an assumption. There's also no actual evidence that Makoto doesn't actually die, before coming back. She notes it's like she hallucinated doing it when she tries, but we also know the world can alter memories and injuries. We've also seen her fall out of frame during her first suicide. It didn't seem like she came back until after she went splat.

Technically, no "people" have died permanently within Kumon-mi since Current Sensei showed up, except maybe those janitors Ayane murdered if that's meant to be taken seriously. Makoto's father was technically outside Kumon-mi and Todd is an energy draining chicken. There's nothing really similar about them beyond that something likely killed them off screen, and they aren't even considered side characters.

By obviously new, I mean in the countless resets that have occured, Makoto's father's death has never came into play before, according to Maya, and he still hasn't came back multiple resets later, which is also something odd. Meanwhile Maya has confirmed others that have died have came back, just based off how Ami has apparently butchered others, and she's noted Sensei has died more than once:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and he's obviously came back.

I've already explained how your direct evidences are flawed, at the least. I mentioned a few others in this comment though. Makoto's father wasn't even in Kumon-mi, and Todd is a chicken. There's also how neither of them are even considered side characters in this game technically, and we don't actually know how or why they died. You also seem to imply that Makoto is some special exception, yet here you are thinking that her father we've never seen, and a chicken, aren't? Doesn't make much sense.

You do realize that you kind of need Maya to be considered reliable for your "Psycho Ami is why there are only 10" theory to be plausible, right? The only evidence we have that a Psycho version of Ami actually exists is because Maya said so. There's not really evidence that Ami has actually tried to murder others before, beyond Maya's words. Still, just because she could be lying or wrong, doesn't mean she actually is.

Maya not being able to remember her death, is just an assumption of yours though. It's not "safe" at all when Makoto remembered stuff like her suicide multiple resets later. It also wouldn't explain why she could "guarantee" she'd be dead. On top of that, it assumes Ami has never truly wanted her dead, when even Sensei apparently couldn't escape her wrath, which seems unlikely. It's a possibility, but nothing about it seems "safe".

Overall: I can agree that the rules behind dying are not fully explained. There can definitely be some exceptions or conditions that we aren't even aware of.

I do doubt that Psycho Ami killing others is the reason that Sensei only had 10 initial students though. At least, based off my current knowledge.
Okay man, you are right and I am wrong. Calm down a bit. Your post would have same effect if it only contained that "Record Breaker" reference, but I almost droped reading before I get to that part.

I see no point in futher critique on your post, but this wasn't a healthy discussion

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I also assume that what Yasu referred to "Something is here" has a high chance to be Sekai; I guess I was more confused about what she (or it) tried to or could accomplish with this tiny mom-daughter quarrel over the phone.
I have no idea what Sekai actually wants, but she seems to see the characters as toys to play with. She is even responsible for Futaba's "Toys" event where she forces Sensei, Makoto, and Futaba to have a threesome.

Sekai might have just thought Rin and Otoha having relationship drama, would be entertaining to watch. Overall: Sekai seems to just enjoy being a horrible person.

If she and "The World" are synonymous, then the idea of Makoto finding out her father died, excited Sekai:
She looked forward to a girl finding out she lost her father.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Bingoogus Just out of curiosity, how far are you into your replay, and how much time would you guess it's taken you to get that far? Are you playing any certain way (good/bad uncle, etc), and did you use URM to skip the affection/lust grind?

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I have no idea what Sekai actually wants, but she seems to see the characters as toys to play with. She is even responsible for Futaba's "Toys" event where she forces Sensei, Makoto, and Futaba to have a threesome.

Sekai might have just thought Rin and Otoha having relationship drama, would be entertaining to watch. Overall: Sekai seems to just enjoy being a horrible person.

If she and "The World" are synonymous, then the idea of Makoto finding out her father died, excited Sekai:
She looked forward to a girl finding out she lost her father.
Maybe she knew broken Makoto would basically r*pe Akira? Still messed up any way you slice it. We all knew Sekai was a terrible person though.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Bingoogus Just out of curiosity, how far are you into your replay, and how much time would you guess it's taken you to get that far? Are you playing any certain way (good/bad uncle, etc), and did you use URM to skip the affection/lust grind?
Not Bingoogus but my reading time for each chapter is 20, 27 and 19 hours with the setloveandlust mod on the front page

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
You overestimate time spent to grinds. You only have to play ~500 generic events during full walkhrough, which can be done in a hour. It is boring, but would not significantly affect total game time

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maybe she knew broken Makoto would basically r*pe Akira? Still messed up any way you slice it. We all knew Sekai was a terrible person though.
Actually, in retrospect, Sekai may have even persuaded Makoto to use Sensei.

Makoto seems to think "the world" was speaking to her in "White Oak Doors":

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Actually, in retrospect, Sekai may have even persuaded Makoto to use Sensei.

Makoto seems to think "the world" was speaking to her in "White Oak Doors":
Hmm, maybe Sekai needs people to be "broken" in order to influence them which is why she was exited.
Kaori is already pretty broken so that fits too. Although I still quite like the transplant theory.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Ok well according to my first post about starting to replay it was jun 5th then i have been playing for 15 days and just hit the scene where Noriko gives Sensei the box of letters. I've been playing about half of the time i've been awake which is hard to calculate since my sleep is literally all over the place and of random lengths so i'm not even going to try, and i've been playing without the grind and using the guide mod for quick navigation. Just playing to see everything again so the intended route.

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
This game certainly foreshadows a lot early on. Even in a conversation with Maya, the word "Perception" is foreshadowed as being of great importance. Maybe I'm just paying a lot more attention the 2nd time around.
Sel did say Perception is a Core Theme of his work just last night, so makes sense

Reactions: saerav
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes