seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Definitely an 0.9.0 spoiler here ... don't look naughty!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok bub. But you were warned in advance. Don't blame me about the nightmares of exploding hamburgers.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
The game is going to have consequences. It’s a visual novel. There will be a way for completionists to get everything, but that way might not be clear. If it really matters that much to you to see everything as it goes, save at decisions. That’s rule #1 when it comes to playing games like these.
Following Chika's route isn't explicitly a decision when there are no other options. You're acting like I said consequences are bad which isn't what I said. I said that having the "good" option unfinished while the bad option is finished is bad game design. Most players aren't gonna be reading the forums and they shouldn't have to. I figured with all the stuff that's out of the player's control the MC being a manwhore was one of them as you didn't provide the option to follow up on the promise. Consequence is fine but if you don't provide a means to avoid conseqences in the previous update but you do include the means to fuck up then that's just poor design. I shouldn't have to read the forums to know what the game's gonna punish me for in future updates. In fact my current save probably has shit I'm gonna be punished for in the future with this knowledge. Fucking that one girl's mom for example.

Also I just checked the walkthrough but I didn't see anything about falling. I even ctrl+f falling and found nothing. I assume it requires a secret event or something. Or maybe it's falsely crossed out or something.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Following Chika's route isn't explicitly a decision when there are no other options. You're acting like I said consequences are bad which isn't what I said. I said that having the "good" option unfinished while the bad option is finished is bad game design. Most players aren't gonna be reading the forums and they shouldn't have to. I figured with all the stuff that's out of the player's control the MC being a manwhore was one of them as you didn't provide the option to follow up on the promise. Consequence is fine but if you don't provide a means to avoid conseqences in the previous update but you do include the means to fuck up then that's just poor design. I shouldn't have to read the forums to know what the game's gonna punish me for in future updates. In fact my current save probably has shit I'm gonna be punished for in the future with this knowledge. Fucking that one girl's mom for example.

Also I just checked the walkthrough but I didn't see anything about falling. I even ctrl+f falling and found nothing. I assume it requires a secret event or something. Or maybe it's falsely crossed out or something.
It’s in one of the changelogs. Falsely crossed out. That was a UI bug specific to new games started in 080 that should be fixed in 090. Only other thing that would cross that out is choosing not to finger her.

Also, disagreeing with how things play out doesn’t make something poorly designed, lmao. That was done on purpose. The vast majority of this game is centered around making you feel like shit about yourself for the things you do. Why would you not expect me to do that every chance I get? I’m sure it’ll happen plenty of more times down the line too.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It’s in one of the changelogs. Falsely crossed out. That was a UI bug specific to new games started in 080 that should be fixed in 090. Only other thing that would cross that out is choosing not to finger her.

Also, disagreeing with how things play out doesn’t make something poorly designed, lmao. That was done on purpose. The vast majority of this game is centered around making you feel like shit about yourself for the things you do. Why would you not expect me to do that every chance I get? I’m sure it’ll happen plenty of more times down the line too.
Then you should make his dick shrivel up due to some contracted venereal disease. Lord knows, he's been with enough women. Heck, he could be superspreader all on his own. Pretty much no-one (with the notable exception of Dr. PInk Cake) has even suggested that VD happens or could happen. And let alone HIV/AIDS.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019

Punishing players for playing your game doesn't make me feel like shit, it's just kinda funny. I only ever potentially feel bad for things that I've done because I wanted to instead of some sort of feeling of "this is probably the only way to progress" It's like You, me and her. Where the game tries to make the player feel bad for following the other route even though the "good" route is clearly short and feels incomplete to bait the player into making the "bad" decision so that they feel bad.
That being said this game is way better than You, me and her because You, me and her is a joke game like desert bus. Whereas your game has characters I'm somewhat interested in. When I booted your game for the first time I had a feeling you would try to pull something like this lol. I thought you might be going for a "the world is incomplete" vibe and every update is like the world being made. If you just use this to trap players it doesn't make them feel bad, it's forced and reeks of poor writing/design. "I cannot get this player to feel bad he's just playing normally. What about if I just fuck him over on purpose? loooool Oh wait he just used a save state instead. Okay." It's the reason why save states are gonna be so popular. I don't feel bad and the chances are I will never feel bad. That probably goes for other players too. As they will likely just eject from their dead saves lol.
You might wanna punish everyone at this rate people on perfect saves will either be reading a guide or save stating and people on bad saves will even stop giving a shit because they know they've been baited down this path through intentional design. Trying to invoke some sort of emotion for things they couldn't prevent without being a time wizard or something. Makes me think your story might be one of those 2deep4u ones about the consequences of your actions but in reality most people aren't gonna care. Because the ideal save file in game version 1.0 will probably have no events done. The ideal one is probably one where you don't even jump in the beginning and you'll tell us "just because it was the only option I gave you was to jump andyou jumped peculiar hmmmmmmm :)?".
Regardless I will probably follow this game through save states or maybe even my default state because this is kinda funny to me. Like You, me and her was more comedy to me than horror.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Punishing players for playing your game doesn't make me feel like shit, it's just kinda funny. I only ever potentially feel bad for things that I've done because I wanted to instead of some sort of feeling of "this is probably the only way to progress" It's like You, me and her. Where the game tries to make the player feel bad for following the other route even though the "good" route is clearly short and feels incomplete to bait the player into making the "bad" decision so that they feel bad.
That being said this game is way better than You, me and her because You, me and her is a joke game like desert bus. Whereas your game has characters I'm somewhat interested in. When I booted your game for the first time I had a feeling you would try to pull something like this lol. I thought you might be going for a "the world is incomplete" vibe and every update is like the world being made. If you just use this to trap players it doesn't make them feel bad, it's forced and reeks of poor writing/design. "I cannot get this player to feel bad he's just playing normally. What about if I just fuck him over on purpose? loooool Oh wait he just used a save state instead. Okay." It's the reason why save states are gonna be so popular. I don't feel bad and the chances are I will never feel bad. That probably goes for other players too. As they will likely just eject from their dead saves lol.
You might wanna punish everyone at this rate people on perfect saves will either be reading a guide or save stating and people on bad saves will even stop giving a shit because they know they've been baited down this path through intentional design. Trying to invoke some sort of emotion for things they couldn't prevent without being a time wizard or something. Makes me think your story might be one of those 2deep4u ones about the consequences of your actions but in reality most people aren't gonna care. Because the ideal save file in game version 1.0 will probably have no events done. The ideal one is probably one where you don't even jump in the beginning and you'll tell us "just because it was the only option I gave you was to jump andyou jumped peculiar hmmmmmmm :)?".
Regardless I will probably follow this game through save states or maybe even my default state because this is kinda funny to me. Like You, me and her was more comedy to me than horror.
Really? I'd like to see your responses after you have developed anything than hot air. Show some respect. Otherwise, STFU. You are going a little aggro here, and really, it's not appreciative or supportive. So step off, NooB.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Really? I'd like to see your responses after you have developed anything than hot air. Show some respect. Otherwise, STFU. You are going a little aggro here, and really, it's not appreciative or supportive. So step off, NooB.
The classic "well can you do thing? hmmmmm" isn't a gotcha moment. You don't need to have made something to point out things you dislike about it. I don't like the trapping but everything else seems to be pretty decent. Criticism is a form of support. Having yes men surround you doesn't help you. If I don't voice the reasons why I don't like a game, the developer won't know why some people dislike the game or drop off or get disconnected from the story. The only other thing that sticks out that I dislike is that from what I've seen of the horror aspect, it doesn't really give me the scary vibes. I personally like atmospheric horror/unsettling games and the horror I'm into is hard to capture which is why I can't really fault him for it and generally speaking people seem to like jumpscare horror and the sorts more than the specific type I like so it makes more sense for him to appeal to the majority. Also I haven't seen all the horror so far I won't really give feedback about it.

Last edited:

Happy PIE

Mar 14, 2019
So.... I know I should avoid Schadenfreude with Chika before beach. Everything else is fair game? Even "Side event"?

Should I also avoid sleeping with Sara before the Sana scene on the beach? If I decline Saras offer one of her events is crossed out.

Is there anything else I should avoid before the beach event or during the beach event?

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Updated my gallery mod for Lessons in Love By Selebus : Here or

P.S: if you like the game/mod please support the dev : Selebus - -

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Still possible to get all of the events in one playthrough. Just need to wait on Chika's "Schadenfreude" event until after the beach.
You only get the Rin betrayal flag and miss out on her new event if you were a bad homie.
Don't be a bad homie.
Be a good homie.

I've explicitly warned people about this in the past.
Is there no more sexy time with Rin from now on? :cry:

Although when time resets i could always go the other way :unsure:

Edit: You people could also give me some tips about the secret :)

Budoop

Aug 24, 2019
Wait there's bad decisions to make and they cause you to miss story events shown by the event being crossed out?

I currently don't have any of these but I feel like I'm gonna be getting em in the future with Rin. Am I right to assume I'll need a second playthrough?

Incog Ninja

Jul 5, 2020
> - 0 H-Scenes (Don't kill me)

Oddly enough, I've been enjoying this game and the story has me so hooked, I forgot this was an H-game.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes