swaggyg

May 23, 2018
Yeah, you've nailed it. Senpai doesn't love any of the characters like we do. So that disconnect is going to come back and bite us hard the further we go. He is just a pervert looking to get his rocks off, as much as we would want him to be a deep and meaningful character, he just isn't.

I can't see this ending as a harem and get all the girls and live happily ever after. Most of the girls are extremely jealous and possessive. That means hearts will inevitably be broken, and senpai will have to have some sort of reckoning. This will be one of those games where I enjoy the ride but will probably avoid the ending and stop playing when it draws near.
Ayane's beach scene really shows how easily fucked Sensei is. He got extremely lucky that the one girl who wouldn't ruin his life by finding out caught him.

Jul 1, 2017
Yeah, you've nailed it. Senpai doesn't love any of the characters like we do. So that disconnect is going to come back and bite us hard the further we go. He is just a pervert looking to get his rocks off, as much as we would want him to be a deep and meaningful character, he just isn't.
That's the weird part though, it honestly doesn't feel that consistent because multiple times he has scenes with Futaba, Ami, and other characters where he seems like he cares about them- Then he'll have moments where he'll monologue in his head that he doesn't feel anything for these girls and such. Even one of the talks with Kirin has him saying that he doesn't want to break them, or at least not the extent she does. He'll also have moments where he realizes that he actually doesn't want to break this world that he's just joined as well as his introspective talks with Maya makes me think that he's growing some form of attachment or at the very least- Just because he wants to fuck them, doesn't mean he wants to leave them all broken or maybe it's just damage control at the end.

I'm not sure how he'll develop by the end of the game but at the furthest point in the game, I like to believe he's at least shown a little bit more thought into his actions compared to the beginning of the game instead of his original plan of just fucking and forgetting.

Last edited:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
That's the weird part though, it honestly doesn't feel that consistent because multiple times he has scenes with Futaba, Ami, and other characters where he seems like he cares about them- Then he'll have moments where he'll monologue in his head that he doesn't feel anything for these girls and such. Even one of the talks with Kirin has him saying that he doesn't want to break them, or at least not the extent she does. He'll also have moments where he realizes that he actually doesn't want to break this world that he's just joined as well as his introspective talks with Maya makes me think that he's growing some form of attachment or at the very least- Just because he wants to fuck them, doesn't mean he wants to leave them all broken or maybe it's just damage control at the end.

I'm not sure how he'll develop by the end of the game but at the furthest point in the game, I like to believe he's at least shown a little bit more thought into his actions compared to the beginning of the game instead of his original plan of just fucking and forgetting.
I agree, there is this anomaly where he constantly tells us he doesn't feel love or is incapable of feeling love, then goes out of his way to show he cares for them. Does he pay for Yumi and Chinami's phone plan because he's a nice guy or because he just wants to get in Chika's pants? His motives are not always clear.

The inconsistency in Senpai's actions makes it incredibly difficult to relate to him. Maybe that's the point of the story. As it stands, I don't really care what his fate is, but I do care about what it means to the girls. I mean realistically, he only gets the girls because he is good looking and is the only male around. So for most of the girls it's just a crush so they should be fine. But for a girl like Ami for example....

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
I agree, there is this anomaly where he constantly tells us he doesn't feel love or is incapable of feeling love, then goes out of his way to show he cares for them. Does he pay for Yumi and Chinami's phone plan because he's a nice guy or because he just wants to get in Chika's pants? His motives are not always clear.
You know, the nicest person I've ever met in real life was a client at a homeless shelter I used to work at. He was always very nice, kind, helpful, and generally a very good person. I specifically remember thinking that while I was holding the papers in my hand showing his diagnosis for antisocial personality disorder. He literally was incapable of feeling anything for me or anyone else, but was very good at manipulating people. It's possible Sensei has some form of that disorder.

[Edit]
This post is pretty bad at explaining exactly what I was trying to get across and is painting with a very broad brush. iwassnow does a much better job of explaining APD in his post below, since I'm quite ignorant about it. To keep from making some bad generalizations, please read through it.
Hey there! I'm coming back from my otherwise mute lurking to dispel something here. Antisocial personality disorder does not mean you don't feel anything for others(ie lack empathy). That's sociopathy(which is a rare subset of APD). APD, that I have, means you have a difficult time communicating and/or understanding feelings(it's a broad diagnosis that covers many actual behaviors). In my personal case, I have a difficult time expressing my own emotions to others for a lack of ability to communicate them in a way that my listener understands(as opposed to a lack of understanding of my own feelings myself which can also be APD).

Sociopathy, that a friend of mine has, is primarily identified by a lack of empathy and an inability to show legitimate feelings towards others(as well as manipulation to conceal that behavior). This also is very specific in that it doesn't mean you don't have emotions, but rather your emotional spectrum is narrow. For my friend, he does an excellent job of being a decent human being, and as a rarity does not lie to others that his behavior is an act(he explained to me that he knows how he is is wrong, and so he's trying his best to make up for it while being honest; most sociopaths aren't like this).

Sensei however likely does have APD but not sociopathy, because his contradictory internal monologues seem to alude to other feelings but his response to himself seem to be to immediately bury those feelings. That's reminisce of a conditioned response, and people with such behavior usually lack emotional intelligence. They don't understand their own feelings, and how they react to them can be widely different from person to person. In my own case, when I was younger, APD for me meant I also did not understand myself. Years of therapy, research, and trying to grow up later, I'm able to at least understand myself.

So the thing I should clarify here and the reason I wrote this wall of text was in defense of that man you met. While sociopathy is a form of APD, it is usually not what most diagnosis mean. And while I cannot speak for him spefically(because maybe he does have sociopathy), I don't want others to make a wrong assumption and believe that all persons with APD don't feel empathy towards others. We do, and in fact, often more strongly than the average person which is contributory to our difficulties with handling them.

And since I know I have difficulty with communicating my own emotions, I'm going to robotically state that the above was meant to only be educational and clarifying, not confrontational(your statement wasn't wrong, but its lack of context would easily create misleading perceptions). So I hope I didn't come off as offensive or rude. :S
[/Edit]

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017
So for most of the girls it's just a crush so they should be fine. But for a girl like Ami for example....
If I were to think of two girls where I hope Sensei does something right for them- I would say Ami and Maya, Ami for obvious reasons. She's the closest to us meaning she's also the easiest to break.

Then there's Maya, who on the other hand is very different from every other girl in the game for obvious spoiler reasons and unlike other girls who've started crushing on Sensei, she'd probably be the hardest one to give a happy ending to.

You know, the nicest person I've ever met in real life was a client at a homeless shelter I used to work at. He was always very nice, kind, helpful, and generally a very good person. I specifically remember thinking that while I was holding the papers in my hand showing his diagnosis for antisocial personality disorder. He literally was incapable of feeling anything for me or anyone else, but was very good at manipulating people. It's possible Sensei has some form of that disorder.
That makes sense logically and is a possibility but I think there's something more. Sensei's generally dark and cynical, which is most likely his true thoughts sure since he's said it himself to some girls. Then there's moments where like he forcefully kissed Yumi that shows there's at least something else going on behind the scenes or he lost control. Obviously some of this is might be interference from either clock waifu or HOPE or some entirely different entity. I don't think it's the former but it's too early to tell if either's intentions are malicious.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see where Sensei's thoughts truly stands since there's no doubt he's manipulative. Normal people don't drop into the role of a teacher and decides to perv on their students- But that's kind of the point isn't it? It's Sensei's world built for him and he's more or less aware of it. He's not exactly a self insert character like other visual novels so we're not supposed to be able to fully relate to him. Though if I were in his shoes, I think he would at least want to preserve the world he's in for as long as possible- Keep the illusion of happiness going just a little bit longer.

Because after all- Nothing is real.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I mean realistically, he only gets the girls because he is good looking and is the only male around.
I think Sensei's recent conversation with drunk Sana about how everyone likes him implies that there might be more going on than just that.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Possibly? But we can hear Sensei's internal monologue and I don't think it really matches. The bizarre situation he's found himself in may have made it easy to initially view all these people as "not real," but I don't think he's incapable of caring for others.

Last edited:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I think Sensei's recent conversation with drunk Sana about how everyone likes him implies that there might be more going on than just that.
But, if Sensai was an ugly fat fuck would he even get into the situation where that conversation would ever take place? The girls would all ignore him and they would report him as soon as he got even slightly pervy. And if there were any boys around most of the girls would have boyfriends as well. The whole scenario is contrived to be in Sensai's favor.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Bah, don't be afraid of making Haruka call Sensei "Husband", it isn't as world-breaking as trying to get Ami to call him "Daddy".
I died laughing at trying to get Chika to call you Chinami, Yumi or Rin, stuck with "Sensei", because Chika is a party pooper.
Asking Haruka to call you Haruka is the funniest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: anon670-1

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Possibly? But we can hear Sensei's internal monologue and I don't think it really matches. The bizarre situation he's found himself in may have made it easy to initially view all these people as "not real," but I don't think he's incapable of caring for others.
I mostly agree. I don't think he has the same kind of antisocial personality disorder the man I knew from the shelter had. It's more likely that its a more mild form of it, or something similar. Of course, this is just a guess. I'm no psychologist, so I could be completely wrong. I worked IT at that homeless shelter. :p

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

The inconsistency in Senpai's actions makes it incredibly difficult to relate to him. Maybe that's the point of the story. As it stands, I don't really care what his fate is, but I do care about what it means to the girls. I mean realistically, he only gets the girls because he is good looking and is the only male around. So for most of the girls it's just a crush so they should be fine. But for a girl like Ami for example....
I think he really is just a manipulative bastard who might be on the road to change because of his interactions with the girls. His intentions aren't always clear or consistent to us because his intentions aren't even clear or consistent to himself. He's conflicted between wanting to bone the girls and a new sense of not wanting to hurt them that has been growing throughout the game so far. That's my analysis of him so far anyway. It still doesn't change my opinion of him though, he made an irreversibly terrible choice and he is now starting to pay for it, but only just barely. He hasn't even gotten 1/100 of what he deserves yet. As for the girls' feelings, some will be fine as they seem to view him more as just a friend, teacher, or someone they can get naughty with without committing to a relationship, but for girls as naive as Chika or so deeply in love with him like Ami, they will get hurt and they will get hurt bad. We're talking Rin level bad at minimum. It honestly has me worried for those two in particular.

Potentially, I never really thought of it that way since mental disorders don't really come up in game unless you count all the weird shit from the 'happy' scenes as some sort of mental illness induced hallucination.

Asking Haruka to call you Haruka is the funniest.
Chika's Daddy response is so freaking good, like she's roasting us and not Sensei for even considering that an option. She does it in such a sassy teenager way, too.

iwassnow

Jul 14, 2019
...his diagnosis for antisocial personality disorder. He literally was incapable of feeling anything for me or anyone else, but was very good at manipulating people. It's possible Sensei has some form of that disorder.
Hey there! I'm coming back from my otherwise mute lurking to dispel something here. Antisocial personality disorder does not mean you don't feel anything for others(ie lack empathy). That's sociopathy(which is a rare subset of APD). APD, that I have, means you have a difficult time communicating and/or understanding feelings(it's a broad diagnosis that covers many actual behaviors). In my personal case, I have a difficult time expressing my own emotions to others for a lack of ability to communicate them in a way that my listener understands(as opposed to a lack of understanding of my own feelings myself which can also be APD).

Sociopathy, that a friend of mine has, is primarily identified by a lack of empathy and an inability to show legitimate feelings towards others(as well as manipulation to conceal that behavior). This also is very specific in that it doesn't mean you don't have emotions, but rather your emotional spectrum is narrow. For my friend, he does an excellent job of being a decent human being, and as a rarity does not lie to others that his behavior is an act(he explained to me that he knows how he is is wrong, and so he's trying his best to make up for it while being honest; most sociopaths aren't like this).

Sensei however likely does have APD but not sociopathy, because his contradictory internal monologues seem to alude to other feelings but his response to himself seem to be to immediately bury those feelings. That's reminisce of a conditioned response, and people with such behavior usually lack emotional intelligence. They don't understand their own feelings, and how they react to them can be widely different from person to person. In my own case, when I was younger, APD for me meant I also did not understand myself. Years of therapy, research, and trying to grow up later, I'm able to at least understand myself.

So the thing I should clarify here and the reason I wrote this wall of text was in defense of that man you met. While sociopathy is a form of APD, it is usually not what most diagnosis mean. And while I cannot speak for him spefically(because maybe he does have sociopathy), I don't want others to make a wrong assumption and believe that all persons with APD don't feel empathy towards others. We do, and in fact, often more strongly than the average person which is contributory to our difficulties with handling them.

And since I know I have difficulty with communicating my own emotions, I'm going to robotically state that the above was meant to only be educational and clarifying, not confrontational(your statement wasn't wrong, but its lack of context would easily create misleading perceptions). So I hope I didn't come off as offensive or rude. :S

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018

Thank you! The incident I talked about happened ~15 years ago. I couldn't remember the specifics, just that he had one of the most dangerous (to others) forms of APD. It's why he ended up in a homeless shelter. So thank you for clarifying for everyone, including myself.

Last edited:

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
But, if Sensai was an ugly fat fuck would he even get into the situation where that conversation would ever take place? The girls would all ignore him and they would report him as soon as he got even slightly pervy. And if there were any boys around most of the girls would have boyfriends as well. The whole scenario is contrived to be in Sensai's favor.
Yes, but that's not enough.

We recently had a long conversation about how part of what Selebus seems to be doing with the game is examining H-game tropes from a real world lens. And I think this might be more of the same. In the real world, Sensei being attractive and the only man around would not be sufficient for everyone to be okay with what he's doing.

I think it's significant that Sensei himself comments on how odd this all is and that Sana - while not being immune to it herself - agrees that it's really weird.

Or maybe it was just a little bit of fourth wall breaking.

Last edited:

iwassnow

Jul 14, 2019
Thank you! The incident I talked about happened ~15 years ago. I couldn't remember the specifics, just that he had one of the most dangerous (to others) forms of APD. It's why he ended up in a homeless shelter. So thank you for clarifying for everyone, including myself.

No problem! The fact that APD is used to describe such a broad spectrum of behavioral disorders puts a heavy stigma on the term for those of us who have such a diagnosis. The US Department of Veteran's affairs goes a step forward and pretty much categorizes everything as PTSD even if it's not. It makes it hard to explain to friends and family. At least it means I get money from them though. :(

Reactions: Ankoku
Nov 13, 2019
Rin's event is crossed out because you were a bad homie. Don't finger Chika before the beach event. Futaba's event is in the library, not sure if there are other requirements. Secrets I believe the first one is going to dorms and then back home or visiting Maya/Ami room, I don't remember which, 2nd one is Tojo Ramen sunday.
As someone who followed Chikas path early on I find this hilarious and also hate it, it makes sense but damn is that a lot of stuff to tab through to fix things... I guess the time plot was real all along.

randomname312

Oct 28, 2019
how do i advance into the next mainstory, i have at least 28 affection with every girl that is in the classroom but the mainstory is not advancing

Sep 16, 2018
I mean sensei is only doing the stuff he does because we make him do it, he really just seems like someone's who's reading from a script and enjoying the physical aspects of the job even if he doesn't fully understand the world he's been dropped into. The player's calling the shots, deciding whether or not to betray Rin for example, he's just along for the ride and enjoying the constant sex.

The story is self-aware enough that it wouldn't shock me if we as players are considered characters on some level and addressed directly as such.

Edit:
Asking Haruka to call you Rin is pretty great too.
Hopefully foreshadowing

Reactions: Ankoku
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes