Dec 31, 2021
So. . .uh. . . I've been binging the game these past few days, and I am in love with the writing of the characters?

But above all others the relationship with Niki and *Sensei* (who I just learned the name of) because it's so incredible and heartwarming and sad all around?

I just wanted to say bravo Selubi, but getting me somehow really really really invested into not only all of the members of the main cast, but the side cast too, but ESPECIALLY Niki and *Sensei's* relationship. I am absolutely rooting for these two to be end game and *heal*.

Like holy shit, I have gotten so attached to those two, but especially Niki from beginning to whichever update I am on now.
Its great you are enjoying it! I think there wouldn't be 1600 plus comments if the writing wasn't pretty damn good, and the characters really do grow on you in a way other similar VNs don't. The section of the game you are currently at is super great, and it only keeps getting better for a long while yet, in my opinion.

Jaoo

Dec 30, 2018
Man... if there's too many updates like this I might have to pull my Substar support...
I don't interact with the discord so I was able to gloss over Sel being a prick. But at this point I almost dread each update might have a "puzzle" or an out of left field rant that I'm completely lost on what it's even about because I don't care about an author's beef of the week.

Is this what it's like to enjoy a sport but not give a damn about any player's drama? Imagine every so often a game pauses so the players can tell you not to steal money from your momma's wallet. Like why pause the game for this? Why talk to me about it? Post on a website or something if you want to make announcements.

Care Packages were at least jingling keys in my face to keep my attention, but who knows when another one of those will pop up. There's so much good shit here, hope Sel doesn't loose his mind and this all bounces back.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
So. . .uh. . . I've been binging the game these past few days, and I am in love with the writing of the characters?

But above all others the relationship with Niki and *Sensei* (who I just learned the name of) because it's so incredible and heartwarming and sad all around?

I just wanted to say bravo Selubi, but getting me somehow really really really invested into not only all of the members of the main cast, but the side cast too, but ESPECIALLY Niki and *Sensei's* relationship. I am absolutely rooting for these two to be end game and *heal*.

Like holy shit, I have gotten so attached to those two, but especially Niki from beginning to whichever update I am on now.
Just to let you know, the game will have several endings all with each main and secondary girl which are called pure endings and 1 true ending that only appears after the pure endings. So you don't need to worry about the final couple.

Dec 31, 2021
Man... if there's too many updates like this I might have to pull my Substar support...
I don't interact with the discord so I was able to gloss over Sel being a prick. But at this point I almost dread each update might have a "puzzle" or an out of left field rant that I'm completely lost on what it's even about because I don't care about an author's beef of the week.

Is this what it's like to enjoy a sport but not give a damn about any player's drama? Imagine every so often a game pauses so the players can tell you not to steal money from your momma's wallet. Like why pause the game for this? Why talk to me about it? Post on a website or something if you want to make announcements.

Care Packages were at least jingling keys in my face to keep my attention, but who knows when another one of those will pop up. There's so much good shit here, hope Sel doesn't loose his mind and this all bounces back.
Of all of my issues with the game, the 4th wall breaks to complain about Patreon or other games or other IRL things is the biggest. I can understand not being a 10/10 update with impeccable writing every month, and I can forgive mistakes and such; being a writer is hard. But the obvious allusions to IRL nonsense is absolutely immersion-breaking, and this last update was truly heinous in that regard.

Dec 31, 2021
Also you won't need to worry about any of that for about a decade.
Its funny because its actually not exaggeration. >_< I can't even imagine how Selebus has managed to craft a story with such far away plans. I often wonder how much is fully planned out, vs how much is just a loose skeleton of an idea. Writing and keeping your enthusiasm while doing so is very difficult when you know it will take a long time to finish, I think. For me, just finishing a long short story can be difficult to maintain, because the excitement you feel at the start fades quickly. For me, at least I find this to be the case.

Reactions: NewWill and Riolol

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Others have brought it up but it happened in the 'David Beckham's Large Banana' Chapter 4 Main Event.

Chika plans to ask Sensei about it:
Which should prove fun, considering the Niki and Ami stuff going on.

Dec 31, 2021
I wonder if Chika would end up getting mad at Sensei, or if she would just rationalize it as him being taken advantage of and just go nuclear on the girls. I feel like her denial wouldn't be broken all at once.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I wonder if Chika would end up getting mad at Sensei, or if she would just rationalize it as him being taken advantage of and just go nuclear on the girls. I feel like her denial wouldn't be broken all at once.
I dont think the nuclear option is still in sel's cards, he already played that one with ami. So i doubt he would just do it again. When i look at how she did react to his disapearence and blaming herself for that, i would assume her reaction would more directed against herself again.

Jekzue

Jun 10, 2017
Yes, you need a new download, the patch will only work if you have a directly previous version, or you install 0.36 then 0.37 and then 0.38 in order, which I doubt are at hand.

Most likely your problem is due to the fact that your saves are linked to the cckerberos guide mod, install it even if it is an older version and that's it, it should be solved, https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-progress-and-guide-mod-v0-37-0-cckerberos.106973/
By the way, this should be in the op, that is very frequent or indicated on the mod guide page. :HideThePain:
I wish I had read this before I deleted my previous version...

Dec 31, 2021
I'm worried about Rin, as well. If I recall correctly, the update before this one had Rin tipping her hand about Sensei's loyalty while they were in a locker room or something. I could be remembering wrong, but if denial Chika starts to falter, then I think she might figure out Rin knows more than she's admitted to. And Rin is really bad at dealing with that sort of thing.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Considering the way Chika talked about Niki in her 'Our Time Atop This Mattress' Chapter 3 Event... I'm not sure her mind can survive even meeting Niki, let alone finding out what's going on with her and Sensei.

Her version of Niki is some kind of perfect queen deity that doesn't want or need romance, phones, etc. Sensei trying to tell her about Niki lead to this:

Chika might even like Niki more than Sensei. At least the version of Niki she made up in that Niki club she's an admin of.

So, seeing her perfect boyfriend and perfect queen as less than perfect, will probably not go well for her mental state. Or they'll have the best threesome in the game. Only time will tell.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I haven't been through the entire update. Hadn't the time, found some, and now I'm basically at the beginning of it.

Upon hitting the first new track (Imani and Wakana scene), unfortunately, I immediately had to stop and replace some of the music. It was a bit too distracting. These first few scenes discouraged me a bit. The jokes felt way too "meta" or something. A small example: "Noriko showing the school to a bunch of nerdy white guys" is probably some discord-in-joke BS. Can't even tell if that was meant to be funny, honestly. Seemed like just more pandering. Maybe I'm being unreasonable. Anyway... the rest of it to that point wasn't so bad (though the narrator's monologue felt a bit aimless.) Liked the Maya and Noriko confrontation.

Definitely worse than 0.38, at least for now.

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
Oooof... a 'stuff happens' update. Things are really starting to feel like padding. The jokes are samey, the interactions are inconsequential mostly, the barely existing progress predictable. The cast is so huge that a majority of girls are ignored for months, which starts to make the story fray at the edges.

Eeeeeeverything is drawn out endlessly and given how static all of the girls are in their behaviour and how verbose he tends to be, it feels like you can skip most of this update without missing anything really.

I am still interested if he actually threw out years of Maya progression for pure shock value or if he's going anywhere viable with this, but that's about it.

LiL has jumped the shark in Chapter 3 for me.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021

Awww shit! Looks like the game has hooked in another one!

I feel you, man. The relationship between Niki and Sensei is one of my favorites in the whole game. I still look forward to their interactions even in recent updates.

And Sensei learning his true name was a cathartic twist that really gave his character far more depth. No longer was he the empty husk who wandered around Kumon-mi like a sexually starved zombie. Now? He had an actual identity and sense of belonging… (Sure, he still has a lot of serious problems, but it’s a start, right?)

I could delve deeper, but I really don’t wanna spoil anything for you. You’re in for a hell of a ride. It only gets better from here!

NewWill

Jul 29, 2021
The relationship with Niki and Sensei has legitimately remembering that April Fools joke from a few years ago, when I last played, where Selebus discussed removing all of the sexual content from the game. And thinking on it now. . .I could deal with that so long as the Adult Relationships also stayed in?

Specifically the trio of Maki, Sara, and Niki. Haruka. . . honestly still feels the odd woman out and the one whose pain and trauma I haven't connected to as deeply.

But yeah no, I think I can see a version of this game where Sensei blacked out from his. . . *dalliances* with the younger cast and still maintain the story and . . . mystery? Though there's quite a few emotional character moments that only happen during said scenes so I'm not quite sure how those would be handled in such a case had that April Fools been true.

I'm rambling. Good game, I thought I was close to the end (Last I played there were only 2 Resets of the timeline) but I'm really enjoying this trip down the road of Sensei. . . honestly and subtly getting a hell of a lot better then he was at the beginning of the game?

His "Blue Shirt" Arc has really been him becoming a hell of a lot less passive then he used to be. Still a dick and a prick, but also still a lot better.

Did that Spoiler right? The Preview did not help much in that.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes