TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Oh going back to something from chapter 3 but uh - as morally fucked as it is, man the "scum" event with Haruka and Sensei agreeing to tag team the girls was...yeah where's plant 7 when I need him to summarize for me. "Finna get wet bro"

Reactions: Squalicorax

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
Okay, I'm nowhere near deep enough into the meta-plot going on to comment on the theories going around this thread, but has anyone remarked on this yet?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
From the event "Try. Try. Try." we can see that not all that is paranormal can be seen by everyone:
View attachment 3632471
This honestly lends credence to the idea that this world is all virtual and/or can be explained with real world logic and there is no supernatural bs going on. I'm much more of a fan of mystery stories that have a bunch of shit that seems supernatural at face value until it's revealed later on that's anything but. It's also a good challenge for the writer to try and explain all the seemingly supernatural bs that happens using real world logic or speculative science.

EDIT: It's even more of a challenge to do that with a denpa vn of all things.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
Okay, I'm nowhere near deep enough into the meta-plot going on to comment on the theories going around this thread, but has anyone remarked on this yet?
I guess we just don't talk about Kaori that much, you know? She's a bit of a mess, and it's hard to really figure out what she's saying sometimes. But yeah, that scar is probably from surgery after a car accident a long time ago when her parents died. But I don't really remember Kaori situation, so I may be wrong.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Kaori was in a wreck, and seemed to require "spare parts".

Coincidentally, Sekai also was in a wreck and had certain parts of her still functional afterwards.

The theory is that Sekai's functional organs are in Kaori. Hence the scar on her side, and presumably the spider on Kaori's chest hides a scar. Kaori also apparently has a certain soft spot that is dangerous to touch.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Who really is Sekai? Like she can't be normal...
She can. Well, she obviously was broken beyong repair and did horrible things, but she isn't necessary worse then, idc, Haruka.

My favorite theory is that Sensei's sexual attraction is a sort of divine intervention, so every single women in his life was attracted to him. His mother just became distant, but the root cause of Sensei and Sekai relationship was said divine intervention, not Sekai's perverted nature itself. She just haven't stop when she should have to. Something like that

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This honestly lends credence to the idea that this world is all virtual and/or can be explained with real world logic and there is no supernatural bs going on. I'm much more of a fan of mystery stories that have a bunch of shit that seems supernatural at face value until it's revealed later on that's anything but. It's also a good challenge for the writer to try and explain all the seemingly supernatural bs that happens using real world logic or speculative science.

EDIT: It's even more of a challenge to do that with a denpa vn of all things.
Going to preface this by saying that this is more of a mental exercise trying to create a basis for that possibility, and not my current take on things. If you go back to the event Scientific Research (why a beach trip between Akira, Chika, Chinami and Yumi is called that escapes me), and activate the hidden flag, Himawari will comment on how you stumbling on her there is the exact reason as to why she insisted on them having a private cafeteria.

On one of the early Happy Events, Am I Okay tells Akira both of them exist to fix things. And eventually HOPE and the angels start repeating the same stuff over and over, which could be interpreted as them glitching, and thus just a part of the system.

On Tick Tock Tick Tock, Am I Okay tells him that the room with the clocks is the edge of the world, instead of the end of it because Akira is stubborn. And that the point was never him learning how to escape the room with the clocks, but to climb out of his skin.

Kind of a boring way to end up this post, but as with most things about the game, I'm not sure yet. But I definitely think there is enough to suggest that it all being more scientific than supernatural remains a possibility. Hell, maybe all of this is one big fucked up therapy session for 35 people, through the power of science, where they only leave if they're able to find a smile through tragedy and learning how to love again in a healthy manner.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Let it never be said that Akira doesn't shoot his shots.

The way Maki is, I do wonder if she'd be up for a threesome with Makoto if Makoto was 20 or something.

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
I guess we just don't talk about Kaori that much, you know? She's a bit of a mess, and it's hard to really figure out what she's saying sometimes. But yeah, that scar is probably from surgery after a car accident a long time ago when her parents died. But I don't really remember Kaori situation, so I may be wrong.
Kaori was in a wreck, and seemed to require "spare parts".

Coincidentally, Sekai also was in a wreck and had certain parts of her still functional afterwards.

The theory is that Sekai's functional organs are in Kaori. Hence the scar on her side, and presumably the spider on Kaori's chest hides a scar. Kaori also apparently has a certain soft spot that is dangerous to touch.
Yeah, I know the car crash thing and all, was just thinking that scar looks pretty fresh for something that would've been what, ten years ago? Albeit the Sekai theory is a new one to me, but like I said, nowhere near as deep into the theories as this thread gets. I'm just thinking...oh hold up, is this actually the first time we've seen Kaori naked? My angle here is it'd be very interesting if she suddenly had what looks like a C-section scar right after picking up a "daughter"/eldritch horror from beyond space disguised as a kid.

And something else. The Nao starchild thing (though my first thought on seeing that term is still a weird skull on account of some other interests) is obviously setting up something, but it just clicked that it may be highly related to Maya. Stars are a recurring theme for her, of course, and...I don't remember the exact event, but somewhere in there it's revealed that Akira's happiest memory is watching the fireworks after the festival with Maya (event "Everlasting Mercy"). In which she tells him the story of Altair and Vega that's a in Japanese mythology and - okay wow I'm starting to feel the Charlie Day conspiracy theory meme right now.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The way Maki is, I do wonder if she'd be up for a threesome with Makoto if Makoto was 20 or something.
My only question is, would she be more into this:
Or this:
Perverted, or wholesome...

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
I honestly think the whole "Everyone is instantly attracted to Akira for seemingly no reason" thing might be less active divine intervention and more the perception thing. The very weird and intentionally offputting looking Akira we see is almost certainly not what the girls see, and the game is pretty blunt about that. It's also almost definitely played for laughs, considering how often the girls are complimenting him during the comparatively few times he's on screen. They start going on about how pretty his eyes are meanwhile we're staring into something best described as, like, the middle point between the eyes of a dead fish and a child's attempt to draw a black hole.

I don't think there's much to it beyond the fact that reality is subjective and everyone else sees Akira as some kinda moody super twunk. Might be a symptom of how they're in a world that exists at least in part for him.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
They start going on about how pretty his eyes are meanwhile we're staring into something best described as, like, the middle point between the eyes of a dead fish and a child's attempt to draw a black hole.
On the topic of Akira's eyes, in the beginning of the game he jumps from the roof - and this is what happens after bluejay:

Doesn't it seem like what we see as Akira's eyes could be the result of the same thing? But either way I really like the idea of the girls seeing his eyes in a different manner, I hadn't thought about that.

Dec 18, 2020
I honestly think the whole "Everyone is instantly attracted to Akira for seemingly no reason" thing might be less active divine intervention and more the perception thing. The very weird and intentionally offputting looking Akira we see is almost certainly not what the girls see, and the game is pretty blunt about that. It's also almost definitely played for laughs, considering how often the girls are complimenting him during the comparatively few times he's on screen. They start going on about how pretty his eyes are meanwhile we're staring into something best described as, like, the middle point between the eyes of a dead fish and a child's attempt to draw a black hole.

I don't think there's much to it beyond the fact that reality is subjective and everyone else sees Akira as some kinda moody super twunk. Might be a symptom of how they're in a world that exists at least in part for him.
So, he is basically the Emperor from Warhammer 40k. Everyone sees him as the perfect human being.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
So, he is basically the Emperor from Warhammer 40k. Everyone sees him as the perfect human being.
He is Gigachad, I think we established that before :WeSmart:
But the Emperor analogy is also very cool. And the 20 girls are the Primarchs:

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Ironically, Wakana and perhaps Tsuneyo seem to think he's kind of ugly:

Do we have any of Sekai's poetry?
They are scattered throughout the game, but there's one about gods:
Another about a dying parrot:
And she seems to be narrating one in Haruka's 'Again, I Can't Recall' Chapter 3 Event, if I recall.

There's likely a bunch more, but sometimes it isn't revealed who wrote them or it's unclear.

I'd think this one is hers, but it's from "The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane":
Might be Ami's?

• Hey there
Reactions: Moonflare
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes