DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Weren't there theories floating around last year about how Ayane was going to betray Maya or something? How's that looking?
Yeah, a few were probably mine, lmao. If you hadn't caught up though, you probably shouldn't read this.

Yasu implied that taking Maya's place was something Ayane wanted:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ayane also seemed confident when it came to her future:
Shortly before she more or less replaced Maya in Chapter 4. And she had almost immediately implied she thought Maya was unnecessary for the Resets, after surviving one at the start of Chapter 3:

Ayane has also always been...a little concerning:

I would have to respond with a yes if Ayane asked me this:
That smile doesn't help...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023
Yeah, a few were probably mine, lmao. If you hadn't caught up though, you probably shouldn't read this.

Shortly before she more or less replaced Maya in Chapter 4, and she had almost immediately implied she thought Maya was unnecessary for the Resets, after surviving one at the start of Chapter 3:

So, I would have to respond with a yes if Ayane asked me this:
I will stand by my theory that Ayane is the only one whose feelings weren't implanted. Maya doesn't hold any official position, she is just the person that Akira is infatuated with the most, that is THE position that Ayane wants to replace. She is confident because she has a supernatural daughter with him that might be a clue for them ending together somehow. (Unfortunately having children with someone doesn't necessarily mean you will end up together)

Also, just because she is the one meant to be, it doesn't mean that she will end with Akira anyway. It is entirely up to him to sober up and pick up the pieces or double down and fall into the endless, infinite void of perversion and addiction.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Shortly before she more or less replaced Maya in Chapter 4. And she had almost immediately implied she thought Maya was unnecessary for the Resets, after surviving one at the start of Chapter 3:

A possible detail on all of this is that when Himawari meets Ayane there's a clear moon.

As Himawari said, perhaps Ayane wasn't meant to survive that forest. I think there are conflicting plans regarding Ayane and that Himawari was sent to do something there, and ended up doing another. How does that factor in Yasu's offer I have no idea.

This whole event is complicated because it's in summer, but it's also when Pareidolia connects, and there's the wildcard aka Himawari. Then Maya stops feeling the reset coming, but it's not like only Ayane feels it, it's both Ayane and Akira - and then there's Yasu saying that this is the end for Akira (so I don't think HOPE had any plans other than for him to be factory reset this time). But both Maya and Ayane make it to the roof no problem (which Maya didn't much before Ayane had been "chosen" or whatever).

Then Pareidolia advised Akira to not open his eyes until he was at the roof, or he would break, that's what he ended up doing and instead the one who got broken was Maya. Pareidolia also says he's the one that took her from him, and he was not going to give her back either (nor anyone else was around to help with that). Oh, and he seemed to prefer Ayane to Maya, when she arrived at the roof.

I don't know, I feels like there's a lot going on and we really need another reset in order to compare. I doubt HOPE was involved in any of this though, due to Yasu's last advice during the Halloween party. Sekai being missing from the whole thing is also unsettling (as is Wires not trying to connect during the reset, even though it was supposed to be his season).

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
A possible detail on all of this is that when Himawari meets Ayane there's a clear moon.

As Himawari said, perhaps Ayane wasn't meant to survive that forest. I think there are conflicting plans regarding Ayane and that Himawari was sent to do something there, and ended up doing another. How does that factor in Yasu's offer I have no idea.

This whole event is complicated because it's in summer, but it's also when Pareidolia connects, and there's the wildcard aka Himawari. Then Maya stops feeling the reset coming, but it's not like only Ayane feels it, it's both Ayane and Akira - and then there's Yasu saying that this is the end for Akira (so I don't think HOPE had any plans other than for him to be factory reset this time). But both Maya and Ayane make it to the roof no problem (which Maya didn't much before Ayane had been "chosen" or whatever).

Then Pareidolia advised Akira to not open his eyes until he was at the roof, or he would break, that's what he ended up doing and instead the one who got broken was Maya. Pareidolia also says he's the one that took her from him, and he was not going to give her back either (nor anyone else was around to help with that). Oh, and he seemed to prefer Ayane to Maya, when she arrived at the roof.

I don't know, I feels like there's a lot going on and we really need another reset in order to compare. I doubt HOPE was involved in any of this though, due to Yasu's last advice during the Halloween party. Sekai being missing from the whole thing is also unsettling (as is Wires not trying to connect during the reset, even though it was supposed to be his season).
I really hope Sel isn't just making it up and he goes and actually has answers to these questions planned out.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I really hope Sel isn't just making it up and he goes and actually has answers to these questions planned out.
I feel a lot of minor stuff is derivative and just made on the spot. I'm unsure about the moons... I get the feeling that colors represented shit early on, and either he'll go back and recolor things or stick to just when an actual huge moon shows up (from chapter 2 or 3 onwards).

But yeah, I hope so too. Especially cause in recent updates with many people talking at once during narration and the common "we are all the same thing" and "it just depends on how you perceive things" I don't rule out that a lot of the supernatural stuff is way simpler and it's just Akira's mind complicating it.

Edit: also, unrelated, but I had overlooked that Wakana full stopped having sex because of Akira/Sekai.
mind you, this is the same Wakana that went on last christmas making love vows, and how christmas would be all for them. So yeah, Sekai helped with at least one of my ships getting closer to happening I guess...

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
There is one thing that somewhat confuses me about the lore, now that I think about it.

Ayane.

Based off what we've been given on Sensei's feelings for her pre resets:
Sensei simply didn't seem to harbor romantic feelings for her. Sexual feelings? Well, based off New Maya implying she's roleplayed as Ayane before, probably. (He'd basically fuck anything)

Still, even after years of having sex with Ayane, Sensei doesn't really seem to hold her to the level of love that Ami, Maya, Noriko, Niki, and maybe even Chika and Makoto have risen to. Yet he still mentions her alot, cares about how she feels, and even defends her against Maya. He's at least acting like he loves her.

There's just something off about his feelings for her, even for Sensei. The Shapeshifter stuff, and Ayane making it to the roof for some reason, makes things even more strange.

I could just be over thinking things, but at the moment, I kind of see where Ami was coming from here:

It's definitely harsh, but Ayane does seem like an anomaly, even in this game.
I at best would pin this to dev oversight or unsatisfactory articulation at Sensei x Ayane on Selly's end instead of straight giving her an anomalous role because of this. And definitely not because of the fact that she can make it to reset or has a supernatural daughter when Sensei currently is highly possible to be responsible for both instead of "because it's Ayane".

What separates Ayane from the rest is that she openly showers Sensei with questionable love since the beginning and Sensei never had the chance to exploit her weaknesses in order to sleep with her. So as a girl who's cheerful and mentally steel by design but still occasionally couldn't tough out `her struggles (struggles he didn't take advantage of) in front of him, this perhaps impacts Sensei's void heart even moreso than most of the girls ever could. But I'd say her being visually deleted right in front of him during the 3rd reset is the leading factor that forces Sensei to acknowledge Ayane's weight on his daily life.

Dc345

May 27, 2020

Honestly Ayane threatening to blow up the city is kinda hot.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This guy gets it, Ayane is the right kind of nuts. She might blow up the city but she won't chop your cock off. I like that in a girl.
Different from this one, which I think would actually chop your dick off.

I'm really curious about the fallout that is certainly coming.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Riolol

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This guy gets it, Ayane is the right kind of nuts. She might blow up the city but she won't chop your cock off. I like that in a girl.
Honestly, I'm a little more frightened by her Shrink Ray:
Although, that's probably not that bad for those with a giantess kink.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I was hinting towards Ami but you are not wrong, Sensei's pp is in grave danger and he doesn't even know it.
All Ayane has to do is get her clone machine working and everybody's problems would get solved because everybody would have their own Akira. How they address the rapid increase of teen pregnancy in Kumon-Mi or the cloned Akiras cheating on their recipients is beyond me.

Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
As long as she doesn't stick Sensei in a jar......
Or a Microwave(?):
All Ayane has to do is get her clone machine working and everybody's problems would get solved because everybody would have their own Akira. How they address the rapid increase of teen pregnancy in Kumon-Mi or the cloned Akiras cheating on their recipients is beyond me.
Her daughter may already have one actually:
It'd be kind of neat if the Shapeshifter/Himawari is from a timeline where Ayane finished her cloning technology. Maybe she created a time machine, along with her shrink ray, and resurrection machine, that she's been working on.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
When it comes to Ayane, I always thought her love felt the most artificial out of all the girls. She starts out loving you with all her heart for the most vaguist of reasons: the fact that you gave her attention when her parents didn't. And while it is believable to me that it could cause a crush, it shouldn't result in such a stalkerish obsession. She knows that you're screwing half the class, and while it shakes her up when she finds out, she quickly jumps back to being uncompromisingly in love with you. It's so earnest that it loops back around being completely fake.

Add on edit -
On Chika, I believe this three-way that's coming up is definitely a mental compromise that she'll use to keep her fantasy version of Akira going. In the back of her mind, she's already put two and two together. So the three-way is her way of coming to accept it; she'll probably convince herself that Akira banging other girls is hot, it'll basically be a "He's not cheating; I'm letting him sleep with every other girl in a class" type situation.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Is this Pareidolia talking about Saki? Did Saki enter Akira's bedroom to cry about losing Yuu? And if she did, why did she do it to Akira instead of Nozomu (?) - maybe there's a simple answer and Nozomu simply looked like her instead of his father.

I ask this because at one point Pareidolia, or maybe Sekai (?) - can't remember, also talked about how if he continued on the path he was on he'd end up like his father.

Whatever that means I have no idea. But it would be an interesting twist if Saki didn't abuse Akira at all (not in how we expected her to), but more that she "didn't like him" because he reminded her too much of Yuu who apparently suffered a terrible fate. This would also fit with the kind of neglect Ayane probably suffers (with her father being reminded of his wife by looking at her). Maybe that's why Akira grew closer to her and yet never had a romantic inclination towards her idk.

Edit: Okay, apparently Yuu had severe psychosis... 1716915940731.png
yeah, I can see the parallel now.

Edit2: I can totally see how a religious Saki that lost her husband to mental illness, would make Akira keep praying to wish the "demons" away (his mental illness), and generally dislike him because he'd remind her too much of Yuu. So he was probably praying since childhood to stop hearing voices and the like so that he could get his mom back, but "god" never answered. Sekai could have been drawn by this person that also felt that it was impossible to breathe and found her bizarre definition of love with him, instead of the "normal" Nozomu. Then when Sekai died, his psychosis got even worse until finally the "voices/god" started answering back. And here we are.

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
the real MVPs of Akira's comatose arc:
You know, a lot of these girls say they love him, but I see no one else becoming fucking ninjas. Dorm 7 >>>>>>> everyone else.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes