Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Everything in this game could be considered his psychosis, but then there'd be no point (in my personal taste regarding the narrative).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, as you said, Himawari is a confirmed narrator
And since she says she's "a" one, or "the" one, depending on your preferences, one could assume there is at least one more narrator other than Akira.

We also know Pareidolia is a narrator, and one could say "well, he's literally a voice inside Akira's head", and they'd be correct, but Pareidolia has also been messing/saving Sana and her mom without Akira's presence. So to say Pareidolia is a product of his psychosis would be to say the entire game is a hallucination, and there's no one there besides Akira.

My take is that most likely other narrators other than Himawari and Paredolia exist as actual entities. aramaug has been putting a strong case for Tsubasa, that I haven't really bought into, but I can't deny the evidence either.
Oh yea totally.I didnt mean to devalue the existance of my dear shapeshifter.I was just saying that most of the time when narrators change its just Akira being insane.That doesnt mean that other narrators dont exist,just that there arent as many as we previously thought.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
A random thought I had today: I know there's a lot we love about this game. And if I asked for some favorite moments we'd overlap in a multitude of ways. So what I'm asking is not your favorite moment, but the most unexpected moment in which you realised how you love this game.

My example will make this clearer:
It's one thing for a story to be great when you have complex and important moments, like Maya confessing her feelings, or Akira smiling at his daughter, or Chika's mom looking at her house full of life again from the portrait - there are countless of them.

But it's rare even among great stories to be able to pull off "THIS CHICKEN SAVED YOUR LIFE!" and have you so into it that you not only take it seriously, but find it a great moment. So that's one of mine, what is a random/silly/unexpected moment for you that you loved about LiL? (or realised just how much into the game you were?)

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Why are you guys so fixated in there being narrators? there's no narrators, some "people" and "users" just get into Akira's head and start whispering words to him.
That is not a narrator.
The thing is, that Sel is also a narrator.
Why would HE whisper into his own creations heads? Not that i think it's impossible but very unlikely.

Another thing is, that for ambiguous/unknown characters Sel uses a standard color for their name in renpy, which is a reddish tone.
Now, Sel uses for himself but interestingly also for Sekai an identical red color value different from the standard one.

/e

For refenrence: red in HexDec is #ff0000

Those get the standard reddish color:
define seven = Character("73 65 6b 61 69")

Different from, lets just take Maya:
define m = Character("Maya", color="#18b500", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])

Now Sel and Sekai and a parrot?
define se = Character("Sekai", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define parrot = Character("Parrot the Parrot", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define red = Character("Red", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define sel = Character("Selebus", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])

/e2

So, i mentioned it some time ago, red moons in japanese culture are associated with, lets boil it down, desaster.
It fits for Sekai given the story so far.
Don't know what the parrot was about.
That Sel gives himself that specific color is interesting and i have to ask myself if he sees himself that way.
I know that he knows that he has his flaws and whatever.
I wonder if he's going introspective there.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: aramaug

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Why would HE whisper into his own creations heads? Not that i think it's impossible but very unlikely.

Another thing is, that for ambiguous/unknown characters Sel uses a standard color for their name in renpy, which is a reddish tone.
Now, Sel uses for himself but interestingly also for Sekai an identical red color value different from the standard one.

/e

define m = Character("Maya", color="#18b500", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])

define se = Character("Sekai", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define parrot = Character("Parrot the Parrot", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define red = Character("Red", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define sel = Character("Selebus", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
Somebody said we read too much into the game in this thread and... I get it.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
A random thought I had today: I know there's a lot we love about this game. And if I asked for some favorite moments we'd overlap in a multitude of ways. So what I'm asking is not your favorite moment, but the most unexpected moment in which you realised how you love this game.

My example will make this clearer:
It's one thing for a story to be great when you have complex and important moments, like Maya confessing her feelings, or Akira smiling at his daughter, or Chika's mom looking at her house full of life again from the portrait - there are countless of them.

But it's rare even among great stories to be able to pull off "THIS CHICKEN SAVED YOUR LIFE!" and have you so into it that you not only take it seriously, but find it a great moment. So that's one of mine, what is a random/silly/unexpected moment for you that you loved about LiL? (or realised just how much into the game you were?)
One word and one word only.

Tsuneyo,samurai of flavor

• Haha
Reactions: Moonflare
Oct 1, 2023

/e

For refenrence: red in HexDec is #ff0000

/e2

So, i mentioned it some time ago, red moons in japanese culture are associated with, lets boil it down, desaster.
It fits for Sekai given the story so far.
Don't know what the parrot was about.
That Sel gives himself that specific color is interesting and i have to ask myself if he sees himself that way.
I know that he knows that he has his flaws and whatever.
I wonder if he's going introspective there.
1719687507791.png

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Somebody said we read too much into the game in this thread and... I get it.
Sometimes there's a lot of overreading done yeah, but I don't blame them when dev makes 200 plotlines and only intends on following 1/10th of them, or sometimes something you thought to be true turned out to be false a chapter later or maybe it isn't false actually then there's the voices and they all use different ways to write and oh wait no now they sometimes write the same way

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
You know what would be interesting to see? We need a hero to put ALL of the most prominant theories(With the corresponding evidence) in a post for any newfag that comes around and wants to immerse himself in the lore,or any old fag that forgets some stuff.

EDIT:Honestly if push comes to shove i can do it.Although people will need to decide what are the best theories worth mentioning.Proving proof for them etc etc

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
You know what would be interesting to see? We need a hero to put ALL of the most prominant theories(With the corresponding evidence) in a post for any newfag that comes around and wants to immerse himself in the lore,or any old fag that forgets some stuff.

EDIT:Honestly if push comes to shove i can do it.Although people will need to decide what are the best theories worth mentioning.Proving proof for them etc etc
The idea is nice and i'd like to see that.
And they should be distinguishable.
I liked Deskels aproach in a timeline, so it could work.
But i guess we would need those (and the timeline) in the op so they don't get burried.

Last edited:

gazgiz

Nov 13, 2019

Part of the fun is bouncing around all 1918 pages trying to figure it out.

On the other hand USER theories collated would be greatly appreciated.

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Maybe you guys can help, i'm trying to remember something in game....

In one of the recent updates, there was text that was basically shitting on some game that was very similar to LIL. It wasn't clear to me what he was talking about, other then he was clearly bent about someone making a game "like LIL". Does anyone remember that, and know what event that was from?

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

In one of the recent updates, there was text that was basically shitting on some game that was very similar to LIL. It wasn't clear to me what he was talking about, other then he was clearly bent about someone making a game "like LIL". Does anyone remember that, and know what event that was from?
I believe it was during the most recent dorm wars.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

As to what game it's referring to, I guess "lost in you" or "dissonance"? Can't say myself, I played both of them but neither was my cup of tea, so I don't remember much of either. Anyway, not a good Selebus moment there overall, both in regards to fourth wall break or choice of music for most of the update.

Edit: Just explaining my point further, you have already done it dude, your game is already an amazing piece of writing, you don't have to go on attacking or throwing shade (all the more on people supposedly copying you), let what you wrote speak for itself. That's my take.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes