ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
Yes, you don't see the logic in that because of reality, but the game is not reality, the game is fucked up.
Just as Akira said, nobody holds him acountable for his actions, they just acept him and feed into depravity, if the game had any semblance of logic it wouldn't happen.
You are right, you did say that, and it's true. Should have taken that more into consideration, my bad.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I don't think anyone disputes the idea of a choice in theory, but rather its history of being applied in this game. Don't get me wrong, I do hope it turns out to be brilliant this time because, in my opinion, so far, every time he presented a choice, what followed ranged between mediocre and awful.

When comparing both paths of the Nodoka's blackmail, if Yumi stormed out then the following events barely make sense. If Kirin didn't blackmail Ayane, you lose Ayane fighting back and Kirin actually being human trash instead of just talking about it. If Akira was a bad homie, then the game just forcefully brings it into a stalemate between the two of them anyway, after you miss a bunch of stuff.

And it's always about missing. I have stated this before, you cannot make a good branching narrative on a game where branches only ever go one way. Io's third event is supposed to happen - and if one chooses to "miss" it then her eventual development will either not make as much sense as it should have, or there will barely be any development either way in order to maintain narrative cohesion.

That's the point I think most people are making. It's a worry about where this will go from here, rather than what happened right now.
We have a new translator in the thread.Finally!

4D 61 79 61

Formerly 'VoidEcho'
May 19, 2024
Welp, time to stop lurking and get active I guess. Just gotta say I love the game and the collaboration in this thread. Also the shittalk and internal memes. (Yeah, that especially includes you Bingoogus <3 :KEK:) Kinda on the fence of starting the update or not. I've been holding off since 0.39 and am literally edgemaxxing the LiL cravings right now. Might make it until 0.42, might die along the way, who the fuck knows. :PogChamp:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes