ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
I think the purpose of Io's scene (at which it was quite successful) was to cause a reaction of visceral disgust in the player (and hopefully Akira) in regards to the way Akira uses sex. Akira resorts to sexual contact both as a defense mechanism and as a crutch to avoid connecting on a more emotional level. On some intellectual level he knows this is a morally wrong, but up until now he's never had a reason to actually believe that it's wrong. Every time he starts a sexual relationship with a girl, it does successfully lead to them growing closer and even to an emotional connection that he doesn't have to work for. Even his most heinous actions (with Ayane/Kirin, Nodoka/Yumi, Molly, Ami/Noriko) involve him being a more passive participant, and have generally just led to him growing even closer to his victims in the long term.

I think Selebus is trying to beat us over the head with just how destructive Akira's mindset is. As such, I will be absolutely shocked if this leads to things improving for Io, even in the long run, since that would undermine the scene's narrative purpose. I expect this is the first step on Io's path to becoming absolutely broken, if she isn't there already. I'm expecting to see an Io with "wishing well eyes" sometime soon.

I do have concerns as well for what Sel's aversion to branching narrative means for the future, but not as much for Io's story. I think he can handle that with a bunch of missed events until the point where the branches are brought together again when she is inevitably reset. I'm sure it will lead to a less cohesive narrative if you decided to leave, but for me that's fine. Sel is telling a linear story, but the fact that choices exist in the first place is integral to his narrative method.

What does concern me is how Sensei's character development and the overall plot can progress if he decides to leave. I think he needs to break someone with "consensual" sex in order to move forward. And with all of SekaiDolia's talk of breaking people in order to fix them, it seems like Sensei needs to observe someone being broken and reset as the first step towards what I'm assuming the dark path is going to be. So I just don't see how the plot can move forward after leaving, even with missed events and a lack of narrative cohesion.

How are people interpreting Ami's scene with Uta? At first I thought that Ami was probably acting in order to deflect having to talk about Sensei and Uta's picture, but then Uta leaves the room and it seems like Ami did actually want something to happen. I guess it makes character sense for her to be secretly bi, she wouldn't have wanted to admit the possibility that she could ever be sexually interested in anyone other than Sensei.

I need to mull over the supernatural stuff in the update more before I post about it, but I want to say one thing for now: I've seen some people commenting on Yasu telling Sensei that he needs to swim, but I'm like 99% sure that's actually SekaiDolia speaking. I'm not sure if Yasu and Touka are even physically present in "The Art of Drowning" with the way that they dissappear, it might all be in Sensei's head. If they are there, Sekai is talking directly through Yasu the same way she does through Kaori (which was probably enabled by Yasu touching Kaori at the end of the previous event).
Io's next event is close to the end of the chapter, it might be possible that this is part of the beginning into the dark route? I really don't think Sel will move her story into "she is getting better after getting dicked by the person she trusted", I could see her offing herself and that impacting Akira into realizing what he really did, maybe? idfk, very interesting how this will develop either way.

On the subject of Ami, I also thought Ami was just acting, being manipulative and trying to throw Uta off her footing... but it didn't seem like that after Uta left. Ami is such a fucking mystery, I can never tell if she is being genuine or not, but in this case it seemed like she really did want something with Uta; which is not that surprising if she is Bi, it makes sense given previous interaction with Ayane and other girls. I think the real thing to take notice of is how she thinks Uta is perfect, despite Uta talking about all she did when she was younger and how she feels about Akira having her picture, I think she is just attracted to the idea of a broken person, having a distorted perception of what "normal" is and seeing such imperfection as the definition of perfection itself.

Last edited:

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
After playing the whole update and going back to see what the other option entails...I am satisfied with my choice of hopping off the 100% train, I don't mind missing some events here and there. It feels like the right and correct option to choose. The other one feels as meaningless and empty as jerking off into a sock.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will probably not go back to the 100% route unless Selebus decides to fucks us over in more ways than just simply missing one or two events.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I can't belive sel named Futabas event "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and didn't name Makis event "Weapon of Ass Destruction" .
Also Io event was better than I though it would be, and one line made me think she might reevaluate sex, "He's being gentle, maybe he really does care" don't think it will happen soon, but it probably will happens because the game is fucked up.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't remember this, where can I read more about it?
If you mean 'Nothing is Beautiful' then it's on Itch. You can download and play the demo, which introduces Yuu, Saki, Miu, and Reina.

As for what I'm referring to, it was in Kirin's Chapter 4 'Clockless Watch' Event:

Yuu seemed to have a candy addiction in 'Nothing is Beautiful':

Candy, hamburger steak, ramen, rice balls, thanking your organs, the "ssssssssssss" and "kkkkkkkkkk" stuff, talking to plants, etc, all seemed to carry over from 'Nothing is Beautiful', and may simply be related to Yuu. Who definitely seems to be Sensei's father, who apparently no one can remember according to Pareidolia.

Side note:

Last edited:
Reactions: deadcrossing

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
Also Io event was better than I though it would be, and one line made me think she might reevaluate sex, "He's being gentle, maybe he really does care" don't think it will happen soon, but it probably will happens because the game is fucked up.
I really don't see the logic in that, not because I think it's impossible for someone like her to eventually change her perception, but just the whole context doesn't make sense considering everything surrounding it, that's more like a way to cope with it than anything else. Really, that's something Akira would probably think if she had said that out loud.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I really don't see the logic in that, not because I think it's impossible for someone like her to eventually change her perception, but just the whole context doesn't make sense considering everything surrounding it, that's more like a way to cope with it than anything else. Really, that's something Akira would probably think if she had said that out loud.
Yes, you don't see the logic in that because of reality, but the game is not reality, the game is fucked up.
Just as Akira said, nobody holds him acountable for his actions, they just acept him and feed into depravity, if the game had any semblance of logic it wouldn't happen.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Chapter 4 resembles chapter 1 a lot. This erotic game protagonist stuff is finally back and is making me happy

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes