Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Well that can't be true, being a bad homie causes you to miss scenes and i'd find it very easy to argue being a bad homie is the worst choice to make.
Scenes or events? I thought bad homie only changed dialogue (you get to kiss Rin if you're a good homie, but that's just a scene within an event). For instance, in this update we find out what happens with the trading nudes choice with Otoha (amazing outcome btw). But the event happens regardless.

Edit: I think it would be cool if at the end of LiL there was a counter of how much of a jackass Akira was when he had a choice, and that unlocked a secret choice at the end or something. But that's probably my rpg mentality at play here.

Reactions: crustlord12

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Well that can't be true, being a bad homie causes you to miss scenes and i'd find it very easy to argue being a bad homie is the worst choice to make.
I think Sel said a while ago that """"canon"""" route, the one Akira as a character in his head would go down to, is 100% except bad homie, but it was a while ago.
Scenes or events? I thought bad homie only changed dialogue (you get to kiss Rin if you're a good homie, but that's just a scene within an event). For instance, in this update we find out what happens with the trading nudes choice with Otoha (amazing outcome btw). But the event happens regardless.
You lose some events, yes.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
btw, we've talked a lot about the Io stuff already, but what happened still was, at the very least, not as bad as what could have happened. What no one has said anything about yet is regarding Imani, and I personally was not expecting that fucked up ass story.

Like, I was uncomfortable about the Io scene obviously, but somehow the Imani stuff made me feel worse? (maybe cause I was anticipating the Io stuff but not the Imani one), and it's sort of unexpected because not only we didn't watch it happen, but she even skipped the most disgusting parts, and I still was fucked in the head after it.

I don't even know what to say about it. Maybe there's nothing to say after all. I really liked the update overall, but now that I think about it there's a lot of fucked up extremely dark shit in it.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

korendrd

Sep 9, 2020
I believe the Haruka event is activated by visiting Haruka at the Koi Cafe on Saturday Morning. The Rin event follows immediately after. I got this after getting every other event.
I got Haruka/Rin before Futaba, so one is not a prereq for the other.

Reactions: Bingoogus

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I wonder if that Noriko scene was just Nao being Nao or if it's setup for Noriko being the one to restore Maya Prime... and maybe the experience will lead to her to the roof and joining the RAS...
Why couldn't it be both? Also, Noriko is in kind of ideal position to be literally sacrificed, and we do known that to return someone we should sacrifice somebody of equal value. In a roundabout way, her value is equal to Maya's

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
Well, that was painful and disturbing to read.
Didn't get this big idea of fuck/borderline rape a girl into loving sex. Hard to guess how their relationship will continue to develop, given how different consequences both choices lead to. So far the game hasn't seemed particularly variable, so the consequences of the choices should lead to a close outcome?

notproudofbeinghere

Jun 1, 2022
Bro, this second event of Io, in my opinion, doesn't make any narrative sense because how the hell is her story going to develop now? In my opinion, it would make a lot more sense to leave there than for this to happen, especially knowing her trauma, it doesn't make sense, Selly thinks you can cure a victim of sexual abuse with sex. This event only served to screw Io and Akira's heads even more and make many more people stop wanting 100% of the game. There's a quote from Akira and Maya that says, “Sometimes forcing people to do things they're not comfortable with is the best way to get them forward.” BUT THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKE IO, so it doesn't make any sense, I swear I'm trying to understand Selly, but it seems like he got lost in this part because if he tries to make Io start liking sex just for the sake of it , it's going to be the most pointless thing in the world, so I'm still trying to understand what crazy plan Selly is trying to make for Io's story because what he did in this event doesn't make sense for things to progress in the future
I've never seen anyone lose the point of an scene this bad before. The whole fucking scene has this puke inducing atmosphere all tied to it, you literally see a man showing love through the only way he knows thanks to his broken state of mind, constantly trying to make another broken person to enjoy it as well because he literally doesn't fucking knows another way, he is confused the whole time, he can't even understand the situation he is in, all fucking points to the fact that You. Fucking. Can't. Deal with this shit trough sex in such a tragic spot, and you still find your way to say Sel thinks you can cure SA trauma with happy lovey dovey sex.

It's literally to sides of the same spectrum colliding, one that sees sex as the only coping mechanism and the only way to show affection, and other that is totally adverse to the idea, yet indulges because in it's rotten mind, it's the way things are, she literally tells him that "that's why she is there".

And it's even crazier to me when this whole fucking update constantsly reminds the reader how Sensei views sex and what does it mean for him in relationships with the ones he loves. I'm really sorry if I sound like I'm making a big deal about it but seriously what the fuck?

AzureVolt

Jul 3, 2017
You know, I knew what I was going in from the start of this game, not hard to see with all the mind broken characters and how the story is written, but, holy shit, I was not prepared for this update. Nothing could have prepared me for this.

If this is just a taste of what the dark route taste like, I have a feeling that my event list will have a lot more holes in missing events.

I want to fucking die.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I've never seen anyone lose the point of an scene this bad before. The whole fucking scene has this puke inducing atmosphere all tied to it, you literally see a man showing love through the only way he knows thanks to his broken state of mind, constantly trying to make another broken person to enjoy it as well because he literally doesn't fucking knows another way, he is confused the whole time, he can't even understand the situation he is in, all fucking points to the fact that You. Fucking. Can't. Deal with this shit trough sex in such a tragic spot, and you still find your way to say Sel thinks you can cure SA trauma with happy lovey dovey sex.

It's literally to sides of the same spectrum colliding, one that sees sex as the only coping mechanism and the only way to show affection, and other that is totally adverse to the idea, yet indulges because in it's rotten mind, it's the way things are, she literally tells him that "that's why she is there".

And it's even crazier to me when this whole fucking update constantsly reminds the reader how Sensei views sex and what does it mean for him in relationships with the ones he loves. I'm really sorry if I sound like I'm making a big deal about it but seriously what the fuck?
you are correct in your analysis of the scene, but imo you should not overlook that this was a deeply disturbing event and we're dealing with people's first reactions to it. Even if someone posted a wildly emotional response to it, that wasn't well thought out, I wouldn't be surprised about it or judge them for it.

secondly, I think the two of you are talking about different things. As you are talking about how Io and Akira are viewing that situation in the present, he's talking about the narrative ramifications of his choice in the future. If Io somehow gets better through reliving her trauma in such a bizarre way, well, that would be questionable storytelling at best. And I agree that anyone that questions where Selebus is going with this has reason to do so in many levels.

As it is, we can only question it, we'll know in a few months.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes