fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
What makes me question my moral is that destroying Io felt like calmly driving off the cliff on purpose in slow motion, while Rin holding her nude right next to her face and confronting you honestly had me worried that I’ve fucked up big time.

I can stare right back at Io’s lifeless glare, but I really can’t quite do the same with Rin’s lightest disappointment, knowing that in the latter case I am 1000% fully guilty of ruining any chance I could have with her if things went sideways.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
What makes me question my moral is that destroying Io felt like calmly driving off the cliff on purpose in slow motion, while Rin holding her nude right next to her face and confronting you honestly had me worried that I’ve fucked up big time.

I can stare right back at Io’s lifeless glare, but I really can’t quite do the same with Rin’s lightest disappointment, knowing that in the latter case I am 1000% fully guilty of ruining any chance I could have with her if things went sideways.
I don't think you need to question your morals. Deep down you know it's fiction and the truth is Rin is just more likable than Io so betraying her feels worse.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't think you need to question your morals. Deep down you know it's fiction and the truth is Rin is just more likable than Io so betraying her feels worse.
Also more likely. I'm definitely not saying that one couldn't find themselves in a situation similar to stomachache, but the nude trade is much more relatable (?), I guess. Plus, Io's situation is you, the player, feeling wrong about letting something happen. Io herself is "fine" with it and reassures Akira many times over. Rin's situation has Rin blaming Akira. Io doesn't put herself in the situation as a victim, Rin does.

Totally normal response given that.

Last edited:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Also more likely. I'm definitely not saying that one couldn't find themselves in a situation similar to stomachache, but the nude trade is much more relatable (?), I guess. Plus, Io's situation is you, the player, feeling wrong about letting something happen. Io herself is "fine" with it and reassures Akira many times over. Rin's situation has Rin blaming Akira. Io doesn't put herself in the situation as a victim, Rin does.

Totally normal response given that.
I don't know why, but the act of Io trying to calm Akira down made me feel really distressed, I could see that none of them were enjoying it, the only event that made me feel this agony was the "Maya's death" event. Which IN MY OPINION is still the event that caused me the most anguish.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't know why, but the act of Io trying to calm Akira down made me feel really distressed, I could see that none of them were enjoying it, the only event that made me feel this agony was the "Maya's death" event. Which IN MY OPINION is still the event that caused me the most anguish.
Maybe cause it feels bizarre/out of place? (it isn't if you stop to think about what's happening, but I mean at first glance). You know what that makes me think about though? Maya's relationship with Akira in the beginning. I wonder if she reassured him as well. Cause that may very well have been the case.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pedro4545454

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
All in all, again, it's totally understandable to want to miss this, or to think that what Akira did was the wrong call. But he's also a victim in what happened, he most certainly didn't anticipate going into Io's room, telling about how he's fucked up in the head from loving someone that raped him, then going into emulating said person because the girl in front of him considers him not having sex with her as him abandoning her as used goods after she revealed she was raped by her mother.
In my opinion, for a victim in this situation, he was enjoying the process a little too much.
I replayed this event with a fresh head, and now I see that it was an attempt on Akira's part to recreate the relationship between him and Sekai by reversing the roles, thus showing Io that both parties can find pleasure in such a relationship. It was more amusing to see him fail miserably.

I don't know, the first choice seems more logical in every way. By choosing to leave Io alone, Akira shows her that there is more to their relationship than animal lust on his part. At least that's how I interpreted her reaction.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Maybe cause it feels bizarre/out of place? (it isn't if you stop to think about what's happening, but I mean at first glance). You know what that makes me think about though? Maya's relationship with Akira in the beginning. I wonder if she reassured him as well. Cause that may very well have been the case.
It's very likely that it really was like that, even more so taking into account Akira's thoughts that in Io's event he tried to imagine Maya in Io's place, he could unintentionally end up unlocking a memory from his past. It becomes more similar considering that Maya was also sexually abused.

One doubt that Maya was sexually abused as a child, does Akira know? not Akira prime with all his memories, I'm talking about the current Akira, I really don't remember Maya mentioning or giving a suspicion that this happened to her to the current Akira.

• Thinking Face

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
After playing the whole update and going back to see what the other option entails...I am satisfied with my choice of hopping off the 100% train, I don't mind missing some events here and there. It feels like the right and correct option to choose. The other one feels as meaningless and empty as jerking off into a sock.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will probably not go back to the 100% route unless Selebus decides to fucks us over in more ways than just simply missing one or two events.
You mean Sensei was acting like a complete incel? Sounds about right.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
I tried to talk my way through my thoughts on supernatural stuff in 0.41. The first part of this post is just unstructured, rambling observations from individual events, but I tried to sum up my takeaways afterwards. And at the end I wrote some speculation on future events according to some of my theories which I doubt other people are going to agree with.

My big takeaways:
  • We got even more evidence that Pareidolia and Sekai show up together, have the exact same goals, and try to manipulate Akira in the exact same ways. If they aren't just aspects of the same entity, they might as well be.
  • In addition to the Sekai in Akira's mind (ghost Sekai), Pareidolia is also working with SeKaori and YaSekai.
  • SekaiDolia's plan involves more than just Akira descending into sin. They specifically want him to break the girls.
  • It seems like Nao-chan wants to bring Maya Prime back. I'm unsure whether this is to fix Sensei or if it might have something to do with USER4.
  • Noriko is special in some way, as she's seemingly retaining memories and will be part of bringing Maya Prime back.
  • Maya Prime is trapped in the same place as the room with clocks, which might be in the wishing well or might be in a corrupted replica.

Last edited:

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I missed an earlier opportunity to talk about this, I apologise to whoever it was that brought this point before, I'll answer it here. I think for sure her cuck arc isn't over. What follows is my preliminary interpretation however, I haven't replayed the event and welcome points I may have missed.

Well, prior to the beach event, we've seen how Osako has an issue with their relationship. What we saw in this update is how Wakana does. Wakana comes to terms with the fact that she has never being able to make Osako understand that she's enough, and that if she couldn't until this point, that is very unlikely to change. Wakana would never betray Osako because she does love Osako, and her sense of duty supercedes her sexual urges. That takes a dark turn however if Wakana understands that she is not enough for Osako.

That's what will break up their relationship. When Osako says that to Wakana, the only issue is that Osako can't accept the truth that Wakana is satisfied with her as a partner (maybe not sexually, but Wakana has truly made her peace with it). But when Wakana says that to Osako it's a recognition of reality rather than a refusal of it. Nothing Wakana can do will be enough for Osako, because Osako's issue has to be fixed by Osako herself, it's not up to Wakana. And since Osako can't deal with her issues, it damns their relationship as a whole.

Their walk on the beach was the beginning of the end. From the moment Wakana realised the truth it's all downhill from here. It's no surprise she felt horny by having Akira there, and Akira seems to actively perceive that it was the two of them that should have been together there. It's because if Wakana is the one making Osako's life miserable, and the only option to make her happy is to leave it (since Osako can't fix her insecurities while by her side), then why is Wakana resisting exactly? Doesn't Osako want her to experiment with Akira? Doesn't Wakana heavily care for Akira already and most likely wants to be with him anyway? Isn't her relationship with Osako doomed by her presence as someone that can't give her partner the trust she needs in her feelings?

The foursome, for me, is based on desperation/recognition of defeat. They're going to break up, and it will fall to Wakana to force Osako into a healthier life she doesn't have the courage to reach for in the first place.
I've said it before but you're being way too lenient towards Wakana here. Wakana has an unacknowledged crush on a coworker who she has, in no particular order, asked for footrubs, stepped on, been propositioned by, had a dinner date with, invited into their home alone on their anniversary, sacrificed months of time on a project for him instead of spending time with her girlfriend, and now pushed for him to have sex in front of her. That would all be super concerning to any partner, much less someone as insecure as Osako. And Wakana's response has been to act like none of that is a big deal. That's not a mature way to deal with relationship issues and it is certainly not proving her loyalty.

Osako certainly wins the idiot award in this relationship but Wakana can't be blameless when they're both dancing around the elephant in the room that is Akira.

Reactions: gazgiz and aramaug

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I've said it before but you're being way too lenient towards Wakana here. Wakana has an unacknowledged crush on a coworker who she has, in no particular order, asked for footrubs, stepped on, been propositioned by, had a dinner date with, invited into their home alone on their anniversary, sacrificed months of time on a project for him instead of spending time with her girlfriend, and now pushed for him to have sex in front of her. That would all be super concerning to any partner, much less someone as insecure as Osako. And Wakana's response has been to act like none of that is a big deal. That's not a mature way to deal with relationship issues and it is certainly not proving her loyalty.

Osako certainly wins the idiot award in this relationship but Wakana can't be blameless when they're both dancing around the elephant in the room that is Akira.
I could be, but Osako's gripe isn't about Akira, it's about Wakana not being able to cum. Which is the latest on a long list of insecurities that she has relating to Wakana, she says so herself - Wakana's tendency to follow her whims makes her insecure.

Most of what you mentioned hasn't been witnessed by Osako, and it is a very convincing argument for her to be devoting her time to Ami/Akira, which so happens to have been found out to be the daughter/brother of the poet she had been researching way before meeting Akira.

This is like saying that the key to a year long research (at least) with a dead-end suddenly shows up in the form of a coworker, and trying to minimize that as Wakana wanting to fuck him. She probably does, but it's not that simple.

My problem with your statement, as before, is that Osako's issue with Wakana isn't and never was loyalty. Akira isn't an elephant in their room, at no point did Osako confront Wakana about him. Hell, even when she confronted him it didn't even occur to her that they'd have something. She asked him to have her drop the research. Her issue was that Wakana was prioritizing her hobby instead of her - not that she was prioritizing Akira.

Now, would it be understandable for Osako to have an issue with Wakana's relationship with Akira? absolutely. She doesn't though. Therefore I don't think I'm being lenient on Wakana. The opposite actually, that it doesn't even cross Osako's mind that Wakana might cheat on her proves that she doesn't have any issue with her behavior towards Akira (in the romantic sense) despite what the player might feel about it.

Edit: in fact, Osako could have very easily said: "Wakana, Akira exists, have you really never considered being with a man?". She doesn't. Akira's not even in her radar from what's been shown. Maybe it will be different from the foursome on, but definitely not before it.

Reactions: Pedro4545454
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes