Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
If Sekai was just another victim in the past, this could honestly ruin her character for me.
Even before she started appearing as a ghost and puppeteering Akira once more, she was always a very scary entity for me, on par with the other Gods and angels

She always felt like more than just a predator, more than just a poet, more than just a mother. A genius who became a monster because of her twisted desires and fantasies, corrupting everyone around her, someone who would use and discard people on a whim, keeping Nozomu and Akira as her favorites. Someone who not even death was enough to get rid of her.

If she is just another victim who became the perpetrator/predator, that would be boring. the cycle of violence & abuse and revenge is bad and bla bla bla bla fuck that
Wakana definitely treats her as if she was a plague, a larger than life contaminant. And I see the appeal of Sekai being this absolute evil, a true malevolent person that simply is (which definitely exists to some degree). However, there are two points to this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know, I still think this is too much of a wish-fullthinking situation. I'm not saying you are delusional or wrong, but what I'm saying is that if Selebus decides to go down that route I might scoff at it.

At no point during her first events for this update Akira gave her the idea he wanted to have sex with her. In fact, he tries to leave multiple times. The whole conversation was about her forcing her points on him. When she offers sex, it's a direct response to believing that it's the only way to keep him with her. And that if he refuses, it means he's going to leave her. She's not letting it happen, she's counting on it happening because in her mind it's the way things have to go for him to remain with her. But that's her idea, not Akira's.
Now, we're all adults, and from the reaction to the event, I think it's safe to say most of us understand that Io's out of her mind. The correct decision is not to engage in her damaged view of the situation, and to prove to her through actions that there is a third way. That way is not having sex with her and proceed to not abandoning her regardless. But we're not talking about how we view the situation, we're talking about how Io does.

I don't even see where we diverge so much in our take of the situation, because you basically explained exactly why she thinks this is a transaction but concluded by saying it's not a transaction. "I was already trash, and this person now knows the part of me I most despise, and didn't want him to find out. The only thing he's interested in is sex, that's the one thing I have left to give. Let's get it over with, this is the only path forward for him to stay with me, and for some reason, I can't bear not having him." That's her logic, it's her last resort transaction.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Bro, Noriko has a place saved in heaven because for God's sake, what a kind girl. Noriko knows that Akira loves Maya and Noriko now knows that Maya is going through the same thing as Akira with the loss of memories and that Akira doesn't want to be close to Maya and instead of her taking advantage of that to make Akira love her more than Maya, she goes there and decides to help Akira have faith that the Maya she loves can come back and she will even help bring Maya back. bro Noriko is an angel.

In fact, there is a high chance that Noriko will sacrifice herself to be in Maya's place since Noriko is very altruistic and she cares a lot about Akira and Maya and in her view, she will most likely think that it is better for her to be in prison. in that place than Maya since Maya has a more important role in Akira's life.
Norikos ending will be in my top 3(Maya ayane and Noriko)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Wakana definitely treats her as if she was a plague, a larger than life contaminant. And I see the appeal of Sekai being this absolute evil, a true malevolent person that simply is (which definitely exists to some degree). However, there are two points to this.

At no point during her first events for this update Akira gave her the idea he wanted to have sex with her. In fact, he tries to leave multiple times. The whole conversation was about her forcing her points on him. When she offers sex, it's a direct response to believing that it's the only way to keep him with her. And that if he refuses, it means he's going to leave her. She's not letting it happen, she's counting on it happening because in her mind it's the way things have to go for him to remain with her. But that's her idea, not Akira's.
Now, we're all adults, and from the reaction to the event, I think it's safe to say most of us understand that Io's out of her mind. The correct decision is not to engage in her damaged view of the situation, and to prove to her through actions that there is a third way. That way is not having sex with her and proceed to not abandoning her regardless. But we're not talking about how we view the situation, we're talking about how Io does.

I don't even see where we diverge so much in our take of the situation, because you basically explained exactly why she thinks this is a transaction but concluded by saying it's not a transaction. "I was already trash, and this person now knows the part of me I most despise, and didn't want him to find out. The only thing he's interested in is sex, that's the one thing I have left to give. Let's get it over with, this is the only path forward for him to stay with me, and for some reason, I can't bear not having him." That's her logic, it's her last resort transaction.
You know ive thought about the possibility of Sekai being not as bad as i thought so in the past.And while yes technically we dont have any solid proof to say that Sekai is 100% evil we still do have her actions.So lets do a deep dive.

Lets start with the basics.Sekai is Amis mother and Nozomus wife.She broke off with her family(Even to the point that she rejected their last name) for unknown reasons and she,as you said tried to find hapiness through Nozomu.Ofc for whatever reason Nozomu was unable to provide her that hapiness so she tried to find something else to latch on to(Pay attention now since Sekai in this moment of time seems like a normal deeply traumatized woman desperate for the pain to stop).What she found was 2 children.The first one was Ami,which she loved and cared for dearly(We know that both from the fact that she herself talked about how much she loved her AND by how Ami describes her,plus iirc Ami has said that she looked up to her and she wanted to be like her((Which would explain her taking care of Akira in his coma and previous similar experience and her being attracted to broken people and bla bla)) and Akira.Now im not sure why Akira was special but for now thats irrelevant.The cut and dry version is this.She abused Akira from a very young age(grade school probably since we know that she was a teacher in a school through those happy events,Akiras room being that of a child and the fact that he was doing homework AND Sekai was helping him with it) and used him as a muse for her poems(Which through Wakana we know how disgusting they are).You can make the argument that for whatever reason THIS was the only way Sekai was capable of showing her love.I can neither confirm nor deny that since we dont know anything but the fact of the matter is this.Sekai is undeniably evil,and the reasons that she did what she did to Akira are irrelevant.

EDIT:Re-reading this it sounds like im actively attacking you or smt.Please dont take it the wrong way,im just making conversation!

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You know ive thought about the possibility of Sekai being not as bad as i thought so in the past.And while yes technically we dont have any solid proof to say that Sekai is 100% evil we still do have her actions.So lets do a deep dive.

Lets start with the basics.Sekai is Amis mother and Nozomus wife.She broke off with her family(Even to the point that she rejected their last name) for unknown reasons and she,as you said tried to find hapiness through Nozomu.Ofc for whatever reason Nozomu was unable to provide her that hapiness so she tried to find something else to latch on to(Pay attention now since Sekai in this moment of time seems like a normal deeply traumatized woman desperate for the pain to stop).What she found was 2 children.The first one was Ami,which she loved and cared for dearly(We know that both from the fact that she herself talked about how much she loved her AND by how Ami describes her,plus iirc Ami has said that she looked up to her and she wanted to be like her((Which would explain her taking care of Akira in his coma and previous similar experience and her being attracted to broken people and bla bla)) and Akira.Now im not sure why Akira was special but for now thats irrelevant.The cut and dry version is this.She abused Akira from a very young age(grade school probably since we know that she was a teacher in a school through those happy events,Akiras room being that of a child and the fact that he was doing homework AND Sekai was helping him with it) and used him as a muse for her poems(Which through Wakana we know how disgusting they are).You can make the argument that for whatever reason THIS was the only way Sekai was capable of showing her love.I can neither confirm nor deny that since we dont know anything but the fact of the matter is this.Sekai is undeniably evil,and the reasons that she did what she did to Akira are irrelevant.

EDIT:Re-reading this it sounds like im actively attacking you or smt.Please dont take it the wrong way,im just making conversation!
Well, yes. I'm not saying it's acceptable for a broken person to have sex with a child. In that sense, she's evil, yes. However, the notion I was replying to wasn't that.

It was proposed that "if Sekai had also suffered abuse, then it would ruin her character", because she would cease being this eldritch abomination that was spawned to corrupt the world and bring about destruction, but another cog in a cycle of "abusee" becoming abuser. It's understandable in a sense, because real evil exists. And by that I mean that simply there are people that had the most wonderful childhoods, no trauma whatsoever to speak of, and they're malevolent by nature.

I'm fine either way. However, as the story is going, we have hints that Sekai might have a background in which she also suffered some trauma. I personally don't feel like that makes a difference tbh. Akira's situation is still up in the air, we need more info on the Wizard Maya stuff. Which will still be wrong, but might be "less bad"? What Sekai did, as you put it, is damning enough that it doesn't really matter - she was a predator in the truer sense of the word.

Edit: Also, I like your posts, we're more than good.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Comiies

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Did you trade nudes with Otoha? That's also a requirement for the Rin event.
It's not, there's a check and if you haven't, you miss her confession/new agreement but the event goes on. They'll likely miss a Rin nude on the next update though. I apologise if that's what you meant by requirement.

Reactions: Riolol

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Well, yes. I'm not saying it's acceptable for a broken person to have sex with a child. In that sense, she's evil, yes. However, the notion I was replying to wasn't that.

It was proposed that "if Sekai had also suffered abuse, then it would ruin her character", because she would cease being this eldritch abomination that was spawned to corrupt the world and bring about destruction, but another cog in a cycle of "abusee" becoming abuser. It's understandable in a sense, because real evil exists. And by that I mean that simply there are people that had the most wonderful childhoods, no trauma whatsoever to speak of, and they're malevolent by nature.

I'm fine either way. However, as the story is going, we have hints that Sekai might have a background in which she also suffered some trauma. I personally don't feel like that makes a difference tbh. Akira's situation is still up in the air, we need more info on the Wizard Maya stuff. Which will still be wrong, but might be "less bad"? What Sekai did, as you put it, is damning enough that it doesn't really matter - she was a predator in the truer sense of the word.

Edit: Also, I like your posts, we're more than good.
Ah mb then i failed the reading coprehention check.Yea i agree Sel pulling the "Oh my poor baby she was just a victim" card would be a terrible decition.

Reactions: Moonflare

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
Something I'm noticing on my redline run.

I was able to escape the first reset after only 7 trips to the Shrine. When I went into my save editor to update a Love value, I noticed that godlove was 7.

I went in after I finished chapter 1 because I had forgotten to update Kirin's, and it now said godlove 8.

So something caused that to tick up well after the first reset.
What's a redline run? I be keeping an eye on here to see all the different theories and runs to see the different possible outcomes. Rn i'm going for 100% or close to it, is this like not having sex with anyone?

Oct 1, 2023
I think that people missed the point of this update.
Think about "I wouldn't be able to invade your mind if you were stronger"
It tells you that different beings are able to enter his mind because he is "weak" but what type of weak does it mean?
It's not power-based strenght but rather will-based strenght.

Akira is deep down a person who cares, he always wants to fuck but a lot of the times he holds himself back because it wouldn't be the right thing to do.
The problem is when the temptation is way too high, he is struggling to keep his mental fortitude which is when everybody starts to invade his mind.

When "he" assaulted Karin, his mind was at the weakest because of his depression, which is why it was the first time that he was completely possesed and he couldn't control his actions.
When he saw molly unconscious, he was too weak to resist the temptation and let himself be controlled.

But notice how there was no way around them, you are forced to do these whether you like them or not.

Then there are different temptation points where he is strong enough to not let any Users or deities come in, but there are still cracks for just one person to invade his mind whether he wants to or not.

When Io said she wouldn't resist, that's when temptation made his mind open for an invasion once again. Sekai and Pareidolia were present during this moment, and despite the fact that they wanted him to fuck Io, they couldn't force him like he was forced before, because his mind was stronger than usual, but there were still cracks. The person who forced him to do it is none other than the person playing the game, who is ALWAYS inside his mind and actually decides whether he is going to rape a girl or not.

If Tsubasa really is using Hope's tree to see inside Akira's mind and narrate some events to him, then that means the tsukioka tree is a "tool" and she is "using" it, despite just being a normal human.
If WIRES is Tsuneyo's daddy, and is supposedly a human, then he must have one of these tools needed to invade akira's mind.
If Sekai is supposed to be a human, then she must've found a tool to invade Akira's mind as well, because last time I checked humans don't just have magic.
All of them try to control Akira's mind and actions, which is the same as the player who uses a "computer" to play the game, you're no different from a "user" using a "tool", and guess what, you're a normal human too.

Akira is a degenerate, but he never did anything against anyone's will on his own, it was always someone controlling him

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Oh my bad, I just assumed it was.
Not covering the "Niki trade true" part of the event - since that's the longest, but as for the variations:

Rin bad homie:
Rin good homie:
Niki trade false:

Reactions: Riolol
Jan 1, 2024
What's a redline run? I be keeping an eye on here to see all the different theories and runs to see the different possible outcomes. Rn i'm going for 100% or close to it, is this like not having sex with anyone?
I'm pretty sure a redline run is where you intentionally do a run where you miss ALL events that can be missed.

They go on
good uncle, bad homie, not trading nudes and such in a single playthrough, their worst nightmare is not missing an event.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes