DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
I don't get how old Sekai is supposed to be, she looked the same when fucking child Akira as she did when she was standing in the rain with Ami, did she just not age? Is Akira just perceiving her looking the way she did back then?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't get how old Sekai is supposed to be, she looked the same when fucking child Akira as she did when she was standing in the rain with Ami, did she just not age? Is Akira just perceiving her looking the way she did back then?
Engine limitations, she would have been around 40-45 by now I guess (only based on that she was a teacher when Akira was a kid, and Imani is on her early twenties). Akira's memories of her at the time of her death would put her at the same age he's now more or less (early thirties).

Akira (16) and Sekai (26) have Ami. 15 years later, Akira's 31 and Sekai would be 41. Would be a good guess.

You explanation is appealing though.

Last edited:

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
So now that I'm more or less caught up, and not wanting to read through 2k pages of this thread, what's the general consensus on the following:

who each USER is supposed to be
is Terminal 23 Akira himself?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So now that I'm more or less caught up, and not wanting to read through 2k pages of this thread, what's the general consensus on the following:

who each USER is supposed to be
is Terminal 23 Akira himself?
USER1 = HOPE aka Callous
USER2 = Wires aka Calm
USER3 = Pareidolia aka Concerned
USER4 = ? (the backup to restore Nao-chan - also known as TEMPLATE9 - after 0.40 was taken from them). We've theorized some names for them like Caring, Collector and Concealed, but that's just guessing, the only thing confirmed so far is that they exist.

Akira uses Terminal23, which may be the current world we're in. Yasu makes mention in her events on 0.41 that from time to time the supernatural entities have to abandon the place they're in and move somewhere else, this may be referring to terminals.

Also, logic would dictate that since USER1 controls summer, and USER2 controls winter, and now USER3 controls Spring - USER4 would control Fall. That name would also thematically align with the dark times that are coming. It has been predicted that a cross has 4 sides, not three - and that something of absolute power is coming that will consume everything else.

This might help on evidence:
I don't know what's going on with so people assuming HOPE, Wires and Pareidolia are not USER1, 2 and 3. So I put this together to help I guess:

I haven't seen doubt regarding HOPE being USER1, so this is just evidence that HOPE is Yasu's god (other than she literally being in the church of NEW HOPE).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wires = USER2 = related to Tsuneyo's father
Pareidolia = USER3

DeSkel had an even more comprehensive post about this, so there is that for those that managed to master the dreaded and mythological search function.

Last edited:

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
USER1 = HOPE aka Callous
USER2 = Wires aka Calm
USER3 = Pareidolia aka Concerned
USER4 = ? (the backup to restore Nao-chan - also known as TEMPLATE9 - after 0.40 was taken from them). We've theorized some names for them like Caring, Collector and Concealed, but that's just guessing, the only thing confirmed so far is that they exist.

Akira uses Terminal23, which may be the current world we're in. Yasu makes mention in her events on 0.41 that from time to time the supernatural entities have to abandon the place they're in and move somewhere else, this may be referring to terminals.

Also, logic would dictate that since USER1 controls summer, and USER2 controls winter, and now USER3 controls Spring - USER4 would control Fall. That name would also thematically align with the dark times that are coming. It has been predicted that a cross has 4 sides, not three - and that something of absolute power is coming that will consume everything else.

This might help on evidence:
What about that whole rope analogy?

Also is there a reason why they're all named after adjectives starting with C or is it a "C"oincidence

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What about that whole rope analogy?
It's still unclear. Unfortunately, Selebus has the habit of dropping imagery and not making it clear if he stopped using them because they've been revealed or because he simply forgot about them.

At first glance, the rope seemed to be Pareidolia because at that point we only knew of Wires (nothing/darkness) and HOPE (everything/light). So, when they say there's a third player in this tug of war, that is the rope, and that it has a mind of its own - it would be logical to assume that it is USER3.

But then Pareidolia started to be confused with aspects that should have been Wires', like the darkness. And our Akira was called out for being a fraying thread of a much more complex rope (presumably the amalgamation of every Akira).

Since Selebus dropped the rope analogy, it remains unclear. Best guesses are either Pareidolia or Akira himself, but there are others, like shadow Maya or the world itself. There is an event called "first signs of fraying threads" that has Ami freaking out on Maya, and that is hard to justify if the rope was either Pareidolia or Akira, but it makes a lot of sense if the rope refers to the world itself. Anyway, we don't know.

Also is there a reason why they're all named after adjectives starting with C or is it a "C"oincidence
Not that we know of. Since it's four points of a cross, it could be the C from cross, or Christ.

Reactions: PhiloPhilo
Aug 20, 2021
Who is that? Is it Tsuneyo? I'm looking at the roadmap and trying to guess.
Definitely Tsuneyo. I think this might be one of the Main Events. She's aware of the time fuckery again so maybe it's something to do with that?

Edit: Definitely not Tsuneyo. Don't listen to me lmao. It's Chika. We got it figured out! (y)

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Definitely Tsuneyo. I think this might be one of the Main Events. She's becoming aware of the time fuckery again so maybe it's something to do with that?
Huh, she changed her hair. I guess we haven't seen Tsuneyo after "this isn't me", right? So this event will probably have some info regarding Wires?

Holy shit, do you know what would be interesting in this event? Cause Tsuneyo experienced for herself how it was to have your body taken out of your control. And Akira said the same thing to her on the beach, when he said that he was a victim in the Molly event as well but had no one to speak to about it. Just now, they're on the same place and this time Tsuneyo knows it wasn't bullshit.

Damn, could it be that this is where Tsuneyo's romance will finally begin?? Cause even with Lavender's Green she has gotten close enough to recognize him as a husband. If it was confirmed to her that the whole thing was indeed out of his control (it sort of was with "this isn't me") then they might grow even closer!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
Huh, she changed her hair. I guess we haven't seen Tsuneyo after "this isn't me", right? So this event will probably have some info regarding Wires?
We've seen Tsuneyo since "TH15 15NT M3" (which was a 0.38 event) in the fourth Dorm Wars and also briefly at the beginning of Molly's recent "Corrupted Blood" event in 0.40:

Holy shit, do you know what would be interesting in this event? Cause Tsuneyo experienced for herself how it was to have your body taken out of your control. And Akira said the same thing to her on the beach, when he said that he was a victim in the Molly event as well but had no one to speak to about it. Just now, they're on the same place and this time Tsuneyo knows it wasn't bullshit.

Damn, could it be that this is where Tsuneyo's romance will finally begin?? Cause even with Lavender's Green she has gotten close enough to recognize him as a husband. If it was confirmed to her that the whole thing was indeed out of his control (it sort of was with "this isn't me") then they might grow even closer!
I'm fully on board with this idea and hope this is where it leads! It's gotta start somewhere, right? And I like the potential that has. Especially if Tsuneyo will be a permanent Rooftop Apocalypse Squad member going forward. I can already imagine Tsuneyo's stoic mask slipping off as she learns the truth... Kind of an exciting thought.

On a slightly separate note, is there any possibility at all that could be Chika in the preview? My gut tells me it's Tsuneyo, but admittedly it's a bit hard to tell. Chika has a similar complexion and darker hair now, so it's a possibility maybe?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
On a slightly separate note, is there any possibility at all that could be Chika in the preview? My gut tells me it's Tsuneyo, but admittedly it's a bit hard to tell. Chika has a similar complexion and darker hair now, so it's a possibility maybe?
IT IS CHIKA!

HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING, has the day finally arrived? Did she find out?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Holy shit, this has to mean that Ayane is trying to add Sana, Yumi, Noriko to the Rooftop Apocalypse Squad, right? But why no Tsuneyo?
Probably, since Makoto's on the background with Akira. Ayane has two events, so it could be that she's recruiting them in that picture and the meeting takes place later?

Tsuneyo might be included in the actual meeting instead of the beach recruitment idk. I wonder how she managed to pinpoint those three however. I'm also very curious if Noriko is going to reveal what she knows about Maya Prime to them (or if she even remembers).

On a super minor note, depending on how much Chika's heart gets broken and if she chooses to break up, that might be one of the requirements for the Yumi romance. Whatever happens, I'm just so happy that it's finally happening.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
And that's not even getting into the potentially crackpot theory that Kaori isn't (by default) possessed by Sekai, but more like her 'spirit' or energy (not her soul, at least not more than a piece of it,) because she (probably) received her organs in a transplant — And Kaori is either possessed by a lingering piece of her soul or her evil aura juices or something. Similar to the Shirikodama which a lot of people know about (thanks, Elden Ring.) In which case it's Sekai vs Sekai's spirit(?)
Interesting. I myself is a firm disbeliever of multiple Sekais theory as I personally can't find combinations of scenes that absolutely require multiple different Sekai ghosts to form a tightly written narrative. However, ghost Sekai that was "brought back by Akira's deep desire" and the Sekai that "physiologically infested inside Kaori" have technically different yet both valid origins (or as valid as this world allows it).

In other words, on one hand ghost Sekai and Sekaori can still be viewed as two sides of the same coin; it can be explained as ghost Sekai being able to influence only Akira and Kaori to a paranormal level due to the bonds shared, one mental and one physiological. On the other hand, ghost Sekai and Sekaori did kinda come from different sources (the spirit vs body theme you alluded to). Despite still not feeling the necessity for them to be different, I suppose this part can potentially make me yield to multiple Sekais theory because as least the train of thoughts on the difference of how ghost Sekai and Sekaori came to be seems logical enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo259
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes