Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
...That moment when you hit the image attachment limit. :LOL: This is a Sensei schlong sized post, so read at your own discretion.

Just wanted to pile some potential evidence together for these three girls regarding their love for Akira, so here we go:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"Will you let me take a bite out of your heart" goes so hard.And it also fits Uta(And tbh many of the girls)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Something just occurred about the Space War: okay, so all of the adult men in Kumon-mi are gone -- but where are the boys?????? You can't tell me they're drafting everyone over middle school age. (ETA: Okay, I get it's supposed to be ridiculous -- when I first started playing the game, it felt like Selebus was spoofing all of the silly ways harem games make the MC the only possible option, just as I felt that Sensei's mentality in Ch 1 spoofed the typical harem game player's COLLECT THEM ALL! approach. I get that it's meant to be absurd. Still. Humor me.)
1721615564550.gif
But yup, there are so many holes there in Kumon-mi's situation that it's honestly easier to treat it as a forged world intentionally filled with convenience, as finding a way to rationalize all the bizarreness is next to impossible. Quite literally the only way to think about Kumon-mi without going into any infinite rabbit hole is to perceive it as a small close-off box universe with minimal dudes to compete with because whoever created this place did that on purpose.

Reactions: aramaug and Antosha

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Thanks for this! Though it gives weight to Akira not being involved right?
I believe it does, yeah. I bet it's gonna be a Rin x Sana sex animation we can access on the laptop in Akira's room when we're inevitably given access to it again. Non-canon and without Akira. At least, that's what it's sounding like.

I suppose we'll find out for certain in- *checks the date* -ten days!? Damn... This month has flown by. We'll be hitting the beach before we know it.

Reactions: aramaug and Antosha

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
1.Insane and heavily damaged are different things though.Although sematics are disgusting so i wont even try to argue about that.
Fair enough. I'll talk semantics any time you want, but I recognize it's a pointless exercise.

I'll just make this semantic point: I did say they weren't particularly sane, not insane. I mean, there are a few characters I'd argue were definitely clinically nuts (Akira first and foremost)

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
...That moment when you hit the image attachment limit. :LOL: This is a Sensei schlong sized post, so read at your own discretion.

Just wanted to pile some potential evidence together for these three girls regarding their love for Akira, so here we go:

1) I just saw this after missing it and for a second I thought this was literally a post trying to discern the exact size of Akira's penis lmao

B) None of those things (besides Futaba's line which I'll comment on later) actually confirm or imply someone to be in love. Most of those are normal teenage girl reactions to being heartbroken/teased/etc. Again, it's hard to quantify how much someone loves a person though, and what we even mean by love.
Makoto's marriage certificate shenanigans can't be taken as anything definitively, either. I mean, it kind of is a joke and she stated her motivations. The biggest problem is that you can't really say anything for sure unless you could ask the character, and they didn't cover that in any of the CS classes I took

Green) Futaba's pretty obvious slip is the best example we have. I don't really doubt her or even want to argue against, I just meant that it's debatable. And that's mainly again, because we're dealing with literally underaged characters that may or may not even understand what they're feeling, and they/we might not know what they mean by it. Hers is the best case. But I doubt Makoto would go so far as to say she's in love, or to be certain of it, and Uta is a maybe but again, nothing is clear. I'm not really in any camp either way on them, my post mainly spawned because I don't like the notion "they're all in love because that's the point and they have feelings for him so it has to be true" when it's obviously not the case (yet) for a lot of characters.

Apple) please make a post calculating the size of Akira's penis

• Thinking Face

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018

I will grant 100% that just about every female character feels strong affection for and (for most of them) attraction to Akira. Even Yumi. I'm not sure that most 15-year-olds -- or even some 31- or 35-year-olds -- are capable of going outside of themselves far enough to call what they're feeling love, whatever they may call it themselves.

I think one of the things I found so devastating about Maya Prime's fate was that here was a typical teenage girl who had spent hundreds if not thousands of years (if not more) experiencing all of those feelings and having to learn -- in order to keep her object of affection (as well as everyone else) safe -- she had to keep her distance. Even though that was the last thing she wanted to do. I'll grant that what she was feeling earned the label.

ETA: I mean, the game is called Lessons in Love. If any of the characters had mastered it, why would they need lessons? (Whether it's a subject that can actually be mastered is a question for another day. :) )

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Something mildly interesting: in the event where Yumi apologizes to Futaba, Sensei seems to come out of the room where Maya stores her boxes at the school. He's absent at the start of the event without any in-universe explanation.
You can see where the box room is in the background here. It's in the school's wing, just around the corner from Sensei's classroom, which is at the end of the middle portion.
Consistent with the view from the window in this event, where Sensei apparently identifies the room as a classroom.
Another view from outside the room, along with confirmation that it's on the third floor.
At first I thought this might be Wakana's classroom since it's so close to Sensei's, but there's at least one door in between them at the end of the hall, so most likely her classroom is on the other side.

I have no clue what this means, but I thought I'd point it out in case anyone else wants to theorize. Also, goddamn it Selebus, show us what's in the boxes already.

Deathfollows

Apr 4, 2024
View attachment 3855128
But yup, there are so many holes there in Kumon-mi's situation that it's honestly easier to treat it as a forged world intentionally filled with convenience, as finding a way to rationalize all the bizarreness is next to impossible. Quite literally the only way to think about Kumon-mi without going into any infinite rabbit hole is to perceive it as a small close-off box universe with minimal dudes to compete with because whoever created this place did that on purpose.
Well to be fair, "This world was made for you.". so its really not a plothole at all, this is a constructed world.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
None of those things (besides Futaba's line which I'll comment on later) actually confirm or imply someone to be in love. Most of those are normal teenage girl reactions to being heartbroken/teased/etc.
Uta: "I want to have a future with you..."

That, at least to me, seems pretty serious. Like she's in it for the long haul and is finally gonna stop hiding things about herself to Akira. Mainly because she no longer has to anymore, since the picture incident has more or less been addressed and resolved.
Again, it's hard to quantify how much someone loves a person though, and what we even mean by love.
This is true. We all have our definitions of love and ways of interpreting it. I'd be curious to know how you define it exactly, and how you'd be able to tell someone genuinely possesses it in the game. Do they have to proclaim it verbally with an "I love you" confession? Can they simply drop hints and show it without words?
Makoto's marriage certificate shenanigans can't be taken as anything definitively, either. I mean, it kind of is a joke and she stated her motivations.
I'll admit I could have defended Makoto's stance better. But I was really wrapped up in my Uta bias and I maxed out the image limit. Here's some better evidence for Makoto loving Akira if you or anyone else wanna look:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Something mildly interesting: in the event where Yumi apologizes to Futaba, Sensei seems to come out of the room where Maya stores her boxes at the school. He's absent at the start of the event without any in-universe explanation.
You can see where the box room is in the background here. It's in the school's wing, just around the corner from Sensei's classroom, which is at the end of the middle portion.
Consistent with the view from the window in this event, where Sensei apparently identifies the room as a classroom.
Another view from outside the room, along with confirmation that it's on the third floor.
At first I thought this might be Wakana's classroom since it's so close to Sensei's, but there's at least one door in between them at the end of the hall, so most likely her classroom is on the other side.

I have no clue what this means, but I thought I'd point it out in case anyone else wants to theorize. Also, goddamn it Selebus, show us what's in the boxes already.
Another reason why these are definitely the same place / wing / room that doesn't rely on triangulating:

In the case that Akira was poking around in there for a reason or even maybe found the boxes, I'm not sure what it would it mean. I'd presume he didn't find anything in either case, unless I'm not remembering something that would have been triggered by that. Maybe he just wanted to loiter in there or jerk off

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

So what you're saying is that there is a chance Maya's replica of heaven is where she stores the boxes? Noriko does go up, right? I just thought her replica of heaven was a random classroom, or Akira's classroom. But maybe it's the boxes' one?

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Uta: "I want to have a future with you..."

That, at least to me, seems pretty serious. Like she's in it for the long haul and is finally gonna stop hiding things about herself to Akira. Mainly because she no longer has to anymore, since the picture incident has more or less been addressed and resolved.

This is true. We all have our definitions of love and ways of interpreting it. I'd be curious to know how you define it exactly, and how you'd be able to tell someone genuinely possesses it in the game. Do they have to proclaim it verbally with an "I love you" confession? Can they simply drop hints and show it without words?

I'll admit I could have defended Makoto's stance better. But I was really wrapped up in my Uta bias and I maxed out the image limit. Here's some better evidence for Makoto loving Akira if you or anyone else wanna look:

My main problem with some of the cases is that we have to assume one way or the other. We don't need a direct expression, but the vagueness around a lot of the characters makes it come down to a sort of head-cannon and we have to ascribe what we mean onto them. I do think Makoto's there or heading there, but I also wouldn't say she's sure of it either way or able to fully understand it and put it out. Nothing Uta's said would imply the same though as far as I recall (which is very literal due to my troglodyte brain) — the leap is too big. I'm ultimately not too worried about which characters are/aren't 'in love' vs 'love someone' etc. because of the vagueness and because I don't think it's too big of a deal aside from changing some people's perspectives and development, e.g. Touka becomes a way shallower character if you just assume she's in love/obsessed and has been the whole time instead of slowly opening up to and having her curiosity & sexual interests piqued by Akira.

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Slowly replaying the game, just got through Chika's onsen trip. I think this might be relevant to the topic of the girls being in love.

Granted this is speculation by the narrator (Tsubasa?) But if there is truth to it, then you could argue the entire first floor plus Molly and Tsuneyo have genuine feelings that have leaked through the resets.

I wonder if other feelings also tranfered? Maybe one of the reasons Yumi feels so apprehensive is because of the mixed results in previous cylces. Not that it doesn't make sense for her to feel that way without the time loop. This theory could go either way and it would still make sense imo.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes