fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'd swap Futaba with Sana but the rest actually feels quite close to what I'd choose :unsure:
Also, how could the dude miss the chance to meme his own work
1721962609614.png

Does Yuki's affection have a different name? On this speedrun, as soon as I farm one affection point I go into the save and adjust it to 10000 for that character, but Yuki's doesn't show up even though I have 3 affection with her now.
should be yuki_love, following the same logic as the rest of the cast. I sometimes accidentally roll back and undo my own editing so maybe it's that lol?

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
So I'm doing a speedrun through the game because I accidentally overwrote my save like the moron I am and I want to get caught up before the next update drops, and I hit this panel because, let's be honest, I'm gonna read the Yumi scenes every time because vulgar brunettes with nice racks just have that impact on me, especially when they spiral, but I'm digressing.

So I hit this panel and I'm like "I've heard this before." Okay, without the swearing, but I know this line has been pretty common in the game, but I can't remember all the contexts. I know Fishbowl Ami had a moment where this line played in audio, but there have to be others considering how much this line stood out.

There are two events that come to mind for this. There's Yumi's aptly named "I See You", in which Sensei blacks out and has a vision of AmIOkay. There's also an audio of Maya's voice saying "I can see you. Please do not be scared. I have watched you for so very long. It feels like just yesterday you were inside of me. I miss your touch, do you miss mine? Can you see me?" and then repeats "Tell me you see me" a bunch. Yumi also says "Tell me you see me" as Sensei comes out of his blackout, just as in the event you posted.
The second is Ami's "Heaven for Human Blood", in which she tries to gaslight Sensei into believing any memories he might have of Maya are false (and in the process reveals that she know that Sensei and Maya have a past, and that Maya loves him). Ami specifically wants him to see her instead of Maya.
One other thing that might be connected is that whoever is narrating in "How I Feel" says "I can see you. Just as you see me." My best guess is this is narrator Maya speaking to Sensei (and AmIOkay is on the screen so Sensei sees her), but I'm not very confident.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
there have to be others considering how much this line stood out.

All I could find

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
should be yuki_love, following the same logic as the rest of the cast. I sometimes accidentally roll back and undo my own editing so maybe it's that lol?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p
Dec 18, 2020
There are two events that come to mind for this. There's Yumi's aptly named "I See You", in which Sensei blacks out and has a vision of AmIOkay. There's also an audio of Maya's voice saying "I can see you. Please do not be scared. I have watched you for so very long. It feels like just yesterday you were inside of me. I miss your touch, do you miss mine? Can you see me?" and then repeats "Tell me you see me" a bunch. Yumi also says "Tell me you see me" as Sensei comes out of his blackout, just as in the event you posted.
To be honest, I was quite scared of this scene when I first saw it.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
To be honest, I was quite scared of this scene when I first saw it.
When put together with that one event AmIOkay is trying to escape the room with the clocks, the "tell me you see me" makes the main game feel a lot like a simulation. Like the simulation is glitching and what's really happening is that Akira's blacking out on his chair while AmIOkay/Narrator Maya is trying to wake him up in the room with clocks by saying "tell me you see me".

I think there are other explanations that fit as well, but I thought a lot about this one, especially in the early game.

Edit: I also feel like Maya could have said "tell me you see me" as Akira was making her factory reset, and then he'd say "Sana", and she'd go with "guess again, asshole". It would have been a very appropriate moment to insert that.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
From Sensei mentioning Whales, and Cores, Ami mentioning the Moon, Deer Parts, and seemingly commanding Sensei to sit, then Kaori mentioning Wishes, Gold Stars, Faceless Elves, The Moon being in the Large Whale, and them all making a Nuclear Family, etc.

So much to wonder about.

In theory: It seems to imply that Ami plans to resurrect her mother (moon) through the memories of Sensei or whoever (whales and memories are a thing) since the moon is in the whale, but that's probably a little out there.
I have the vague start to a theory that the whales are gods, with the "how dare you steal my krill" stuff being related to how the gods feed on sacrifices or whatever. Possibly Wires is the large whale and Pareidolia is the small whale (and there's no third whale because Nozomu is dead). And if that's right, then Wires is preventing the moon (the real Sekai) from returning.

A couple things that might support this are Tsuneyo's apparent interest in the lifespans of whales, and Kaori's interest in the colors of whales. The latter sounds like a throwaway line but could be relevant given the recent Kaori events where she talks about people's colors and looks for the color machine, and my best guess right now is that green represents Wires and red represents Pareidolia.
Other possibilities I've considered for the large whale are USER4 or one or more gods of the wishing well.
I'll also point out the whale in Yasu's latest event, though I don't have any idea how it might be related to the whale story

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes