alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yes yes I already open both console and developer console. I need to know which values should I change
I wouldn't know that as I don't go into the code except the one time when I got stuck in the puzzle for "There Is Nothing" for several hours. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

kullanx55

Dec 26, 2018
I wouldn't know that as I don't go into the code except the one time when I got stuck in the puzzle for "There Is Nothing" for several hours. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I'll look into renpy codes then, wish me luck. Also there is a website that shows most of the scene, how to unlock, what you need to unlock etc. (In the game menu)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'll look into renpy codes then, wish me luck. Also there is a website that shows most of the scene, how to unlock, what you need to unlock etc. (In the game menu)
The wiki is linked in the game, I believe. It does list most, if not all, the requirements for a scene, but I'm not sure when it gets updated, whether it updates for public releases only or if it updates with info for the latest patron release as well. Considering the version on here is usually a leaked patron version that got leaked within hours of release, hours as in less than 10 hours, the wiki wouldn't even have time to update for the leaked releases and anyone playing the leaked release would be stuck on any new events if they rely on the wiki. Especially if the wiki only gets updated for information contained in the current public release, which is one version and a total of two weeks behind the patron release. Just something to keep in mind with using the wiki.

Reactions: Dringar

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
Yes, you are right. I am quite hard of hearing, so I cannot hear the audio. Selebus , perhaps you could consider making an alternate way to discover clues for those of us that have substantial hearing loss? Your game is amazing, truly, and I would hate to miss anything really important or be unable to proceed. Maybe consider a closed-captioned or text option, just for the handful of scenes in your game where audio information is critical to proceed with the story?
Thanks!
Agreed. I play pretty much everything from DVD's, games and movies almost 100% by subtitle due to my own hearing damage.
I havent gotten to this quest yet so i will probably have to dig through here or the wiki when i get there
But to be clear thus far I havent had any issues and honestly have been enjoying the fact that so much of the game DOES have subtitles.
Plenty of them out there that have zilch, and this one is easily above board in scope and writing to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smarmint

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
She does seem to be "Not of This World..."
Her Rooster is named John.... and John is the disciple that was personally closest to Jesus, who Jesus told to take care of his mother Mary when he was being crucified, and referred to himself as "the disciple that Jesus loved". Also the only apostle that was not martyred (supposedly the Romans tried but were unsuccessful, so they exiled him to an island where he wrote the Book of Revelation)

I just wonder where Selebus is going with this.
Is he Christian, or was he just brought up as one, either way, he seems knowledgeable about it.

Reactions: Dragon59

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Her Rooster is named John.... and John is the disciple that was personally closest to Jesus, who Jesus told to take care of his mother Mary when he was being crucified, and referred to himself as "the disciple that Jesus loved". Also the only apostle that was not martyred (supposedly the Romans tried but were unsuccessful, so they exiled him to an island where he wrote the Book of Revelation)

I just wonder where Selebus is going with this.
Is he Christian, or was he just brought up as one, either way, he seems knowledgeable about it.
You don't have to be one to know these things, but it does help. I am also interested in where her story is going, she is an...interesting character, I can say that much. She's an oddball that is very difficult to understand at times and practically impossible to predict.

Reactions: Dragon59

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
You don't have to be one to know these things, but it does help. I am also interested in where her story is going, she is an...interesting character, I can say that much. She's an oddball that is very difficult to understand at times and practically impossible to predict.
So you have Yasu, who wears cross imagery and is in a Church but her message is very... culty, rather than Christianity
but then Kaori and her disciple John are literally quoting the bible.

It's just weird details.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So you have Yasu, who wears cross imagery and is in a Church but her message is very... culty, rather than Christianity

It's just weird details.
Indeed

pawel101

Nov 16, 2018

It's just weird details.
and Biblical imagery is a constant theme with Kaori. She has a lot more to do with the story then we currently think

Reactions: alex2011

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
I don't think it's that weird to know a bit about Christianity and not be religious. You wouldn't expect someone who is an expert in Greek or Norse myth to believe it.

I tend to find I know more about their religion than most "Christians" over here in the UK. The origin of religions and culture is just a fascinating thing, and I tend to treat current religions in much the same way as the Greeks or Vikings. (The Greek god were way more fun btw)

I wouldn't want to assume Selebus' motives but some of the religious iconography (particularly as used around Yasu) feels very much like playing with some of the tropes of the genre. The Japanese love to stick esoteric Western religious symbols into their media - just look at Evangelion or Final Fantasy. If there's no crucifixes or references to kabbalah it's just not a Japanese horror/mystery/commentary on life.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes