hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Wait.
Why did chika's father abandon them again?
I remember she told sensei why once.
What a normal Filipino Father thing to do. Jokes aside, I'm not even sure if he's japanese or Filipino. Probably Japanese cause Chika's mom is definitely Filipino.

He probably went to get some milk in space.

• Haha
Reactions: dantarium

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honestly, Selly's choice in music for this game is ridiculous. It's making me feel things I'm not supposed to feel. It rings in my head at night, like a fleeting gust wind across the window...

Great.
Yeah it pisses me off, every time a patch comes out, for the next week all i have is a convoluted series of earworms playing non stop. From the moment i wake up to the last thing i hear before passing out, it's one of like 20 tracks from this damn game.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It's honestly hilarious that Chika and Yumi basically talk about Sensei all the time and they don't even know his name. Like, has it even been brought over the several resets that Maya witnessed before?
As we learned lately people were calling Sensei Akira all the time, at least if they knew that name.
That's were the term perception kicks in again.
From Akiras point of view/perception all the time he was called Akira, he percieved it as Sensei.

This raises another question.
Now that we're told "this is not a simulation" blah blah (cmon really?) that could mean every single person in Kumonmi could misperceive alot of things, like Akira with his name.
Like, everytime we have a user x logging in, might be that the person in the current scene is, in reallity, talking with someone thats invisible for them, or looks like just some passerby.
This could in return mean that "the gods" or whover is responsible for the resets/cycles and whatnot, might be walking around in Kumonmi without anyone sensing something special about them.
Could even mean that Sekai was never dead to begin with, she was just faded out from everyones perception, till what ever happened (maybe by her own will) made her visible again.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Yeah it pisses me off, every time a patch comes out, for the next week all i have is a convoluted series of earworms playing non stop. From the moment i wake up to the last thing i hear before passing out, it's one of like 20 tracks from this damn game.
Honestly, Selly's choice in music for this game is ridiculous. It's making me feel things I'm not supposed to feel. It rings in my head at night, like a fleeting gust wind across the window...

Great.
Yeah, Sel choice in music is great, but it sucks that he tends to use great songs a bit too often and wear the magic they bring down a notch...For example lifeismostlygood one, it's first appearence was just awesome (with Chika, and its sudden stop when she thought the MC breaks out with her), but now it appears a tad bit too often. Still a banger though.

Reactions: Bingoogus

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Yeah, Sel choice in music is great, but it sucks that he tends to use great songs a bit too often and wear the magic they bring down a notch...For example lifeismostlygood one, it's first appearence was just awesome (with Chika, and its sudden stop when she thought the MC breaks out with her), but now it appears a tad bit too often. Still a banger though.
Idk about you, but Yasu singing is probably one of the best ones I encountered so far. I feel like the angels or whatever creature they appear to actually be is whispering in my ear. Like that time when Sensei and Maya almost kissed, it's like the best song to pick to compliment the mood.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
This could in return mean that "the gods" or whover is responsible for the resets/cycles and whatnot, might be walking around in Kumonmi without anyone sensing something special about them.
Could even mean that Sekai was never dead to begin with, she was just faded out from everyones perception, till what ever happened (maybe by her own will) made her visible again.
I thought she was "buried underneath our feet"? She's made a few references to it being cold underground and needing to be dug up. She also isn't sure whether Akira can still touch her. Pretty sure she's dead, and has become or is becoming an angel like Yasu keeps talking about.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I thought she was "buried underneath our feet"? She's made a few references to it being cold underground and needing to be dug up. She also isn't sure whether Akira can still touch her. Pretty sure she's dead, and has become or is becoming an angel like Yasu keeps talking about.

If you'd be so kind as to point out the event she said that (cold underground n stuff).
Ofc you could be totally right here.
The reason i come up with that in particular was, the event with yasu and the flying rabit stuffed animal.
First Yasu just sees her toy floating in the air and remarks it and than (if i get the scene right) she sees Sekai.
Like Sekai is going from invisible to visible on her own volition.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
...Great, i had to check which one this was and now i am afflicted with it again! Yes i love it but by god does it burrow deep for an earworm.

The other one that reeeeeeeeeally digs into my ear canal is 'remember', the deep 'BOOM BOOM' just pounds relentlessly in my brain for hours after i hear it play in RL.

Reactions: Vizer007

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
...Great, i had to check which one this was and now i am afflicted with it again! Yes i love it but by god does it burrow deep for an earworm.

The other one that reeeeeeeeeally digs into my ear canal is 'remember', the deep 'BOOM BOOM' just pounds relentlessly in my brain for hours after i hear it play in RL.
Yeah Sel has his way with music. A third of what i ever asked him was the way he chooses his music. Not that i ever got a satisfying answer to this.
But with most games it just is choosing the right background music to make it pretty remarkable.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
If you'd be so kind as to point out the event she said that (cold underground n stuff).
The reason i come up with that in particular was, the event with yasu and the flying rabit stuffed animal.
First Yasu just sees her toy floating in the air and remarks it and than (if i get the scene right) she sees Sekai.
That's difficult as the event title is in Japanese. It's the one where Makoto and Futaba confront Sensei on the beach, right between Treasured and Robin Hood. Sekai says to Akira "It's cold beneath the surface, I want to feel your touch."
I vaguely remember there being text in a different event that said "Dig her up" but I can't recall which it was.

Edit: It was one frame at the beginning of Imaginary Veins. "Turn around you coward. Dig me up, I miss you. It's fine if we just play pretend. Ignore the fraying sinew. The nerves still work! My brain is fine! Our threads can stand the test! Alive! In love! As broken birds!"

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
She is definitely an angel now. The scene leading up to the threesome in Toys established that. She touches Akira, the two angels with her touch Makoto and Futaba, and all three of them glitched out.

Reactions: LuisD

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
She sees her bunny floating, and we see Sekai comment something to the effect of "aren't you the most precious thinig?" and then the scene cuts away. We never see Yasu react to her in any way -- so it's left up in the air whether Yasu ever actually saw or heard her.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
That's difficult as the event title is in Japanese. It's the one where Makoto and Futaba confront Sensei on the beach, right between Treasured and Robin Hood. Sekai says to Akira "It's cold beneath the surface, I want to feel your touch."
I vaguely remember there being text in a different event that said "Dig her up" but I can't recall which it was.

Edit: It was one frame at the beginning of Imaginary Veins. "Turn around you coward. Dig me up, I miss you. It's fine if we just play pretend. Ignore the fraying sinew. The nerves still work! My brain is fine! Our threads can stand the test! Alive! In love! As broken birds!"
"いないいない。。。ばあ!" Ingame event title.
"Peek-a-boo!" English translation (google). Makes sense given what Sekai is doing.

Theres some interesting things in that event with what the plants and the rabbit toy are talking about. Yet again another rant by Sel, espacially about his audience.

Sekai is refering about what Akira liked about his mother when he was a child. Could also been seen as some figure of speech where she's relating to herself. But it's a "whatever" for me.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
She sees her bunny floating, and we see Sekai comment something to the effect of "aren't you the most precious thinig?" and then the scene cuts away. We never see Yasu react to her in any way -- so it's left up in the air whether Yasu ever actually saw or heard her.
Sorry but i think you are a bit wrong here.
Ch3 main event Shelter.
Sekai: "Well, aren't you the cutest little thing?"
Yasu looks up: "Huh?" - "Who-".
Implies that she does see her, starting to ask who she (Sekai) is.

• Thinking Face

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I wrote a small mod that lets you skip the affection/lust point grind without having to go through the tedium of typing in cheat codes or having your save labelled with the cheater flag. Features:
  • Sets all girls' affection and lust points to a value X unless they were already higher than X
  • Written to be future-proof (i.e. will automatically work for any new girls)
  • Enables the developer console
Usage:
  • Download the attached file (note: if you get sent to a new tab with a bunch of text, just right click and hit "Save as" and name it as z_set_love_lust.rpy)
  • Move into the game subfolder (found in the folder that you launch Lessons in Love from)
  • Load a save and open the developer console with Shift + O
  • Press Enter a few times so you can see the ">" symbol in the top left of the screen
  • Type setLoveAndLust(X) and press Enter, where X is an integer (i.e. a whole number). For an example, see the image below
  • Press Esc to close the console and now you can play!

View attachment 1901303

Note: I recommend using this with the guide mod for max efficiency, because other than grinding points, the main time-sink with this game is trying to trigger events.

Advice from alex2011 on how to use the mod so that you don't accidentally miss events (note: I used the mod myself with 50 affection from the start and didn't experience any issues. You can still miss events even if you follow the instructions below and you can still see all events while ignoring those instructions.):

Uninstall: delete the files z_set_love_lust.rpy and z_set_love_lust.rpyc from your game subfolder

I also made a mod that lets you scroll your mouse-wheel to simulate clicks, makes the game more convenient to play https://f95zone.to/threads/use-scroll-wheel-to-simulate-mouse-clicks.120507/#post-8406783
Can you make a version of this mod that does affection and lust separately? I'm trying to avoid lust events.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes