barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Question:

What even is the space war? If the world is at a loop, then is outer space the same as well? Considering that Makoto's dad died a few months (?) before, then I guess he's already dead at every reset?
The space war, as we've been told, doesn't actually matter. It's a contrivance to explain why most of the men are conveniently not in Kumon-Mi. I'd go so far as to suggest that the space war doesn't actually exist at all.

The powers that be, whoever they are, isolated Kumon-Mi in a bubble that exists outside time and space, and the space war is how they hand-wave away all questions about it. It's just an excuse.

Makoto's father may not even actually be dead. They got a robocall about his death that told them to "remember to smile," which sounds like some HOPE fuckery. At the same time, Haruka gets a robocall about her husband being alive so that she feels guilt about having sex with Akira. Almost like HOPE is trying to steer Akira away from the adults and into the students.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The space war, as we've been told, doesn't actually matter. It's a contrivance to explain why most of the men are conveniently not in Kumon-Mi. I'd go so far as to suggest that the space war doesn't actually exist at all.

The powers that be, whoever they are, isolated Kumon-Mi in a bubble that exists outside time and space, and the space war is how they hand-wave away all questions about it. It's just an excuse.

Makoto's father may not even actually be dead. They got a robocall about his death that told them to "remember to smile," which sounds like some HOPE fuckery. At the same time, Haruka gets a robocall about her husband being alive so that she feels guilt about having sex with Akira. Almost like HOPE is trying to steer Akira away from the adults and into the students.
Actually, Haruka is optional, so there's not necessarily any guilt going on. Haruka does seem to go a little crazy if you're not with her though.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Actually, Haruka is optional, so there's not necessarily any guilt going on. Haruka does seem to go a little crazy if you're not with her though.
this is implying the 'god' that did it is all knowing and didnt just do it because they thought it happened though
good point though

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

The fact it was an automated message fits in with all hints than kumon-mi is a simulation.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
this is implying the 'god' that did it is all knowing and didnt just do it because they thought it happened though
good point though
I mean there are confirmed "Watchers" as the Angels and Bunnies seem to call themselves, and since there is a need for "watchers", (at least with Nozomu/HOPE), it could be assumed the gods are not actually all knowing, even if they claim to be.

Albeit, I do think they'd know about who Sensei is fucking. They seem a little obsessive when it comes to sex, and likely even get power from it. Could be wrong, though.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Btw, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but In "The Scary Room" main event as the Wiki has noted:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, perhaps Maya's transformation has been triggered since The Scary Room?

Overall: Not entirely sure what this could mean, but it's probably bad.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Btw, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but In "The Scary Room" main event as the Wiki has noted:

"She's prettier when she's in the chair" feels like a callback to the Amiokay-in-the-contraption happy scene, and if Maya recognized it, would imply that her relationship with Akira was FAR more fucked up than I'd previously thought.

Reactions: DeSkel15

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
her relationship with Akira was FAR more fucked up than I'd previously thought
Well, I have a theory that they both set up all kumon-mi madness in some sort of satanic ritual and now suffer backfire. Not my favorite theory, but that what I call fucked up relationships

Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
"She's prettier when she's in the chair" feels like a callback to the Amiokay-in-the-contraption happy scene, and if Maya recognized it, would imply that her relationship with Akira was FAR more fucked up than I'd previously thought.
Yeah, I think it's definitely a callback. The Angels that mentioned it seemed to also be in that Happy event "How I Feel". Another reason why I think the "User2" stuff in "The Scary Room" was simply HOPE/User1 pretending to be "User2" in order to scare Maya.

Maya doesn't seem able to see nor understand the Angels though. Not sure if I want to know how their relationship was, but I think the sexual chair is more of a punishment for AmIOkay Maya. Just like being crucified.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023

I'm not sure what transformation you're talking about but I don't think this scene has more meaning than just the angels trolling Maya. But Yasu did talk about Maya's demise: screenshot0012.png
It's also interesting that Maya seems to instantly dismiss everything Yasu says despite wanting to know more about this world, in fact she's been passive since the beginning of the game until Ayane. And Maya doesn't look like a big player. Which makes me question if Maya has any reason to keep the resets or if she's just incompetent.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Well, I have a theory that they both set up all kumon-mi madness in some sort of satanic ritual and now suffer backfire. Not my favorite theory, but that what I call fucked up relationships
I have a similar theory, except it's more about Maya trying to resurrect Sensei after he committed suicide because of her, and what she called upon to do so, decided to have fun, and this world (Kumon-mi) is the effed up result.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm not sure what transformation you're talking about but I don't think this scene has more meaning than just the angels trolling Maya. But Yasu did talk about Maya's demise: View attachment 2694953
It's also interesting that Maya seems to instantly dismiss everything Yasu says despite wanting to know more about this world, in fact she's been passive since the beginning of the game until Ayane. And Maya doesn't look like a big player. Which makes me question if Maya has any reason to keep the resets or if she's just incompetent.
I'm referring to "The seed has been planted" part.

Typically after "seeds" are planted, characters change. Makoto goes suicidal, Ami seems to go psycho, and Sana seemed to go nympho.

Maybe Maya just goes incompetent? Also yeah, I feel like Yasu, Nodoka, and Tsuneyo all have plenty of info that'd benefit her when it comes to the resets, but she's awfully complacent for someone wanting to figure things out.

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I have a similar theory, except it's more about Maya trying to resurrect Sensei after he committed suicide because of her, and what she called upon to do so, decided to have fun, and this world (Kumon-mi) is the effed up result.
Yep, I also had this thougths. Both this theories actualy go well with Amiokay is sacrificed part of Maya and provide good (however supernatural) reason on their special roles.

Their main problem is that they very unlikely to being proven/disproven in observable future so they more like wild guesses than theories

Last edited:
Reactions: Riolol and DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yep, I also had this thoughts. Both this theories actualy gos well with Amiokay is sacrificed part of Maya and provide good (however supernatural) reason on their special roles.

Their main problem is that they very unlikely to being proven/disproven in observable future so they more like wild guesses than theories
Yep, definitely won't really matter anytime soon. Still, it's cool to think about.

Reactions: Riolol
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes