Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I really just wish there was a way to re-name akira games that don't let me rename the mc kills my immersion honestly I don't know how I managed to pull through with this game
Well, it's not perfect cause it won't touch the images or any example of only part of his name, but you can use the URM to replace names as well as entire words or phrases, i use it to replace the word coffee in any game that uses the word waaaaaaaaaay too often, like Crimson High, fuck that game goes on and on about fucking coffee sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: DeSkel15

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Oh i should mention, i replace the word coffee with beer, it leads to some really funny dialogue, underage girl walks in, "can i get you a beer?" "Fuck, just woke up, need beer." "Just gonna go to that cafe and get a nice hot cup of beer."

I used Tea at first, but beer ended up just too funny.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Oh i should mention, i replace the word coffee with beer, it leads to some really funny dialogue, underage girl walks in, "can i get you a beer?" "Fuck, just woke up, need beer." "Just gonna go to that cafe and get a nice hot cup of beer."

Your Nodoka would be an alcoholic, lmao.

She'd be getting alcohol poisoning while facing Makoto during the Dormwars:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Actually, this reminded me of a song that reminds me of Nodoka: 'Caffeine' by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams. I guess she'd be Coco Adel in RWBY. Futaba can be Velvet. Fits well enough. Bunny Girl Futaba.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I really just wish there was a way to re-name akira games that don't let me rename the mc kills my immersion honestly I don't know how I managed to pull through with this game
meanwhile I always name characters with the stupidest shit possible to break every piece of immersion if the choice is given :ROFLMAO:; my chaotic energy needs to go somewhere!

My second run of the game I use casual cursing for most lust names, so I can have Ayane saying things like "Ooooh you're horny aren't you you little fuck?" seductively.

• Haha

xNezzen

Jan 1, 2022
On the weekends you can change lustnames on the laptop.
I know, I'm asking to get around that but thanks anyways
You can probably use URM:
If you want to change lust names as well. Just type in "master" in the variables search bar, then change the master name.

For example:
I'll try it out thanks

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

That 27 hour lecture on different types of beer bean must've been a riot.

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Having just done puzzle 6 with the help of a guide I gotta ask, how tf does anyone do these puzzles without one?? :ROFLMAO:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I guess that the person Makoto mentiones in her SMS (one of us is dead) seems to be refering to Maya or Ami, if we look at Kaori's and Nao-chan's crime scene.
Besides, i got a feeling that the shampoo bottle from "Times New Roman", was show elsewhere before.
The imported model/texture seemed familiar.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So the last reset is probably my favorite handful of events, certainly my favorite of the weirder side of this game, and because of that I can't stop thinking about paper city. What actually is up with that one?

Personally, until explained, I think it's likely that most of the Reset stuff is simply in Sensei's head.

Last edited:

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Personally, until explained, I think it's likely that most of the Reset stuff is simply in Sensei's head.
I think that's a totally rational reading of things, but with all due respect, I find it boring as hell lol. It's the same camp as "it was all a dream/coma/dying hallucination" in my opinion. I think the whole point is to get you to think these delusions are just in contained in Akira's head and then have that ripped out from under you like with Sana and Yasu's interactions. Sana's delusions aren't that different from Akira's from what we've seen, other than the fact she stays herself during them, and Yasu more or less confirms they're on some level real since she knows about her brother following her around. Not to mention sekai has shown herself to be able to interact with the material world at least once, without sensei there to witness it.

The game is rather upfront about the importance of perception and the fact nothing is real. I think these are on some level delusions, but Kumon-mi is such a fucked up place that reality is a little runny at the seams and the individual perceptions of these mentally unwell people are colliding with some supernatural force.

I'm an all or nothing kind of person. Going through and saying "this is supernatural, but this other thing is just a delusion or a hallucination" is a little silly to me.

So I think your readings of what these events represent for Akira's psychology are actually salient and I think you might be onto something there, I just disagree it's entirely in his head and that the weirdness of his blackouts isn't real at all.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think that's a totally rational reading of things, but with all due respect, I find it boring as hell lol. It's the same camp as "it was all a dream/coma/dying hallucination" in my opinion. I think the whole point is to get you to think these delusions are just in contained in Akira's head and then have that ripped out from under you like with Sana and Yasu's interactions. Sana's delusions aren't that different from Akira's from what we've seen, other than the fact she stays herself during them, and Yasu more or less confirms they're on some level real since she knows about her brother following her around. Not to mention sekai has shown herself to be able to interact with the material world at least once, without sensei there to witness it.

The game is rather upfront about the importance of perception and the fact nothing is real. I think these are on some level delusions, but Kumon-mi is such a fucked up place that reality is a little runny at the seams and the individual perceptions of these mentally unwell people are colliding with some supernatural force.

I'm an all or nothing kind of person. Going through and saying "this is supernatural, but this other is just a delusion or a hallucination" is a little silly to me.

So I think your readings of what these events represent for Akira's psychology are actually salient and I think you might be onto something there, I just disagree it's entirely in his head and that the weirdness of his blackouts isn't real at all.
Keep in mind, I did say "most of". You've jumped to incorrect conclusions. There's definitely something supernatural going on, but even what Sensei has perceived it to be, likely isn't how things actually are. His thoughts, feelings, and visuals are unreliable at best.

The gods as we've come to know them, may have even been debunked, considering Maya claims Sensei has had hallucinations since they met:

I do think this is probably the most rational way to understand this game: "the individual perceptions of these mentally unwell people are colliding with some supernatural force."

Everyone that has seen or heard things are traumatized and unwell individuals. Sana, Sara, Yasu, Sensei, Ami, etc all have, well, mental issues that probably even run in the family. The god that Yasu sees, probably looks different than the one Sensei thinks of. They've all likely simply rationalized the supernatural stuff they've actually experienced.

The likes of The Shapeshifter, "Sekai", and the Resets themselves, are most likely "real". The USERS seem "real" as well. I don't think Barbara was "real" though. Sorry Barb.

Last edited:

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
There's definitely something supernatural going on, but even what Sensei has perceived it to be, likely isn't how things actually are. His thoughts, feelings, and visuals are unreliable at best.
I think this is what I'm taking issue with. I think that due to the supernatural forces at place, everyone's subjective experience is becoming equally real. In a world defined by perception, what would just be a hallucination in our world is just as real as what Maya is seeing at the same time. I don't think there's a "real" way things actually are below the subjective level, the platonic truth has been cut out from under kumon-mi and now it exists as a reality made of shared experiences.

Setting aside my suspicions about barb and the other weird object people (They're literal pareidolia...) , if she wasn't real on her own, I think to some degree Sensei sort of made her real. Maybe not an independent consciousness but his funky perception made a collection of objects start acting out a character.
Granted, I'll admit I'm kinda swinging wildly for the fences and could be totally off base, but I think that's the most fun way to interpret stories before you know all the details. And hey, I guessed out like 90% the plot of Armored Core 6 (mostly about the true nature of coral and the existence of C-machines and such) and people dismissed my ideas back then, so I've been riding that high ever since.

Speaking of Barbara, this has been bugging me for a while. What is her mouth? Is it just a mouth? When I don't look at it dead on it looks like it might be made of other stuff like her facial features but looking closely it just kinda looks like a mouth.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
For me, personally, Paper City doesn't represent him killing the girls, but rather killing his feelings for them.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
For me, personally, Paper City doesn't represent him killing the girls, but rather killing his feelings for them.
I disagree but I understand a little why you think that way but I still strongly disagree because if that were the case there would have to be all the girls in the game.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes